criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Has Anyone Heard Any News On Whether Any Financial Backers Would Consider Finishing SWBF 2015?

Starmasui73146
1684 posts Member
edited March 2018
I do not know what the legal ramifications of that is, I’m just asking. I’m not trying to be pushy or nosy, I’m just desperate to have a good product become an outstanding one. There is soooooo much left unfinished, the ball kind of got dropped.
(1.) We are missing lots of the Star Cards Offline
(2.) We can NOT customize Star Cards Offline
(3.) None of the DLC maps are Offline
(4.) We can NOT select the character we want to use Offline.
(5.) Massive game modes are not Offline but I digress honestly I’d settle for #1 and #2...#3 would be sweet.

The game needs some love here not left in the garage in the dark.
“There is always hope.”
Post edited by Starmasui73146 on

Replies

• Come on people I have seen the threads you know that game need more love.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Dragz
    73 posts Member
    I'm totally with you 100%, even to the point where I'd settle for just 1 and 2. lol I'mma really miss my medical droid, dioxis grenade, Disruption, laser trip mine, etc >:(
  • I'd love it if they added content to BF 2015, but there's no chance. Their focused purely on trying to turn BF 2017 into a half decent game.
  • WodiQuix
    4591 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I would absolutely love to see all that happen. I hope something is in the works. They kind of just left the game. It needs some love.
  • Dragz wrote: »
    I'm totally with you 100%, even to the point where I'd settle for just 1 and 2. lol I'mma really miss my medical droid, dioxis grenade, Disruption, laser trip mine, etc >:(

Yes me too, it makes me so sad that when the system dies so does: Trip Mine, Scatter Gun, Cycler Rifle, Explosive Shot, Bacta Bomb, Stinger pistol, Medical Droid, Flash Grenade,
    Smoke Grenade, Homing Shot, Scout Pistol, Ion Grenade and the Bow Caster.
    LaDavidoff wrote: »
    I'd love it if they added content to BF 2015, but there's no chance. Their focused purely on trying to turn BF 2017 into a half decent game.
    I know that’s what they are doing but there has got to at least one person who cares. They poured their heart and soul into that thing. Case in point “Skirmish” was a bunch of people off the clock that was passionate enough about it to do it. So it is possible.
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    I would absolutely love to see all that happen. I hope something is in the works. They kind of just left the game. It needs some love.

Thanks I’m so glad I am not alone in this...we need more people to speak out, even just #1 and #2 would be enough to appease me and all my friends, and the crazy thing is it would require minimal effort.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Come on people I have seen the threads you know that game need more love.

none more love New publishers and developers!!!
  • Starmasui73146
    1684 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    cbudris999 wrote: »
    Come on people I have seen the threads you know that game need more love.

none more love New publishers and developers!!!

DICE made the first game not Motive and Criterion. DICE maybe dedicated now to Online only for game two but they did do Offline on the first one. There has to be atleast a few DICE employees who worked on Skirmish off the clock who would be willing to dedicate a little more love to it. It would not require to much time maybe a few hours after work for a day or two. At the very least, all the Star Cards available Offline and able to pick them Offline. The fans and I are not asking for much. :) Just saying, it would mean the world to the little ones.
    “There is always hope.”
  • still a relevant discussion.
  • d0kRX
    1512 posts Member
    Well, about the OPs original topic (because we know EA won't do anything), if "backers" as you say were to take over the game, they'd need permission from both EA and Disney I think. Once they had this kind of permission, they'd also have to be qualified to use whatever the Devs used to make the game, etc. Then they'd have to figure out what they need to do to make updates available for consoles, such as agreements with Sony and with Xbox.

If this were to happen, my number 1 thing I'd want them to do is make the xbox and PS4 communities cross-platform. It would bring more life into the game.

Liklihood of this happening? I think it's slim. Maybe it could happen but I doubt it. I'm sure patches could be made to the PC version without any permission whatsoever so everyone who loves this game may need to eventually switch to PC to keep playing it, chances of this are pretty slim though, I don't see players from console switching.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • "Thanks I’m so glad I am not alone in this...we need more people to speak out, even just #1 and #2 would be enough to appease me and all my friends, and the crazy thing is it would require minimal effort.[/quote]"

I one hundred percent agree. When we got BF1 it was great but limited but when we got BF2 it added alot of great stuff but didn't carry over the content from BF1. Combined they make a great Star Wars experience and would love to see EA find a way to marry the two even if it meant making BF1 and all it's content free to play with no monetization and also stream lining the DLC content in BF1 into game mode playlists so to keep the community more unified.

• Starmasui73146
    1684 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    "Thanks I’m so glad I am not alone in this...we need more people to speak out, even just #1 and #2 would be enough to appease me and all my friends, and the crazy thing is it would require minimal effort."
    CdotC wrote: »
    I one hundred percent agree. When we got BF1 it was great but limited but when we got BF2 it added alot of great stuff but didn't carry over the content from BF1. Combined they make a great Star Wars experience and would love to see EA find a way to marry the two even if it meant making BF1 and all it's content free to play with no monetization and also stream lining the DLC content in BF1 into game mode playlists so to keep the community more unified.

Any time bud. 😇👍🏼
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”