criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[HvV] Immobilizing Effects on Heroes

We've already seen a nerf to Vader's Force Choke, meanwhile characters like Chewbacca, Iden Versio and Kylo Ren can immobilize people long enough to take out any one hero with almost no defense, or in the case of Chewbacca, take out two or three with Furious Bowcaster.

It seems to me that these abilities are fine in Galactic Assault against regular troopers, but heroes ought to have more resistance to the abilities of other heroes. Yes Kylo froze Rey in TFA, but should he be able to that to Luke? To Yoda? To Rey now that she's aware of her power? I know we're all trying to figure out how to make HvV more competitive. I shudder to think what this mode looks like whenever General Grievous arrives. This is only one thing but not sure it's a great thing.

Replies

• Yoda can bust out of immobilizing effects
  • We've already seen a nerf to Vader's Force Choke, meanwhile characters like Chewbacca, Iden Versio and Kylo Ren can immobilize people long enough to take out any one hero with almost no defense, or in the case of Chewbacca, take out two or three with Furious Bowcaster.

It seems to me that these abilities are fine in Galactic Assault against regular troopers, but heroes ought to have more resistance to the abilities of other heroes. Yes Kylo froze Rey in TFA, but should he be able to that to Luke? To Yoda? To Rey now that she's aware of her power? I know we're all trying to figure out how to make HvV more competitive. I shudder to think what this mode looks like whenever General Grievous arrives. This is only one thing but not sure it's a great thing.

for the most part, i agree cc effects should only be about half as effect in HvV

in the back of my head though sometimes its required to take down those pesky runners like Maul, Luke, Boba, Palpatine even who have very high escapability
  • Devlin21
    8302 posts Member
    Can't wait to see the rage when boba and jango are added.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• wwkingms wrote: »
    We've already seen a nerf to Vader's Force Choke, meanwhile characters like Chewbacca, Iden Versio and Kylo Ren can immobilize people long enough to take out any one hero with almost no defense, or in the case of Chewbacca, take out two or three with Furious Bowcaster.

for the most part, i agree cc effects should only be about half as effect in HvV

in the back of my head though sometimes its required to take down those pesky runners like Maul, Luke, Boba, Palpatine even who have very high escapability

Well Palps’ mobility needs to be nerfed. At least his jumping.
  • Andrien
    179 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    HvV seems to be broken in general. Sometimes when I use force choke or mind trick, the player is immune to the cc spell if they are in a certain animation. For example, I've walked up to a group of three Pubs who fighting and used Vader's force choke. None of them were affected. Another example is that I tried using Iden's droid stun on Luke when he was mid-air. The droid went straight ahead allowing Luke to avoid the stun.

Yesterday in HvV on Bespin, one player was exploiting a glitch where he could hide at the bottom of the map while his teammates were free to attack my team. They were on Imperial and I was on Pub. I wish I was able to get a video of this.

I was also wondering if there's a strategy to using Rey's mind trick. Other players are able to make me walk backwards for long periods and I end up falling of ledges. However, whenever I use mind trick on them it doesn't seem to last nearly as long. I am even using the Deep Mind (30% longer duration on targets that are revealed by insight) star card.

I'm also tired of getting stuck inside boxes, rocks and walls. I know environmental changes were made in 1.08 to prevent this from happening in GA but can we get that done for HvV too?

I also agree with Indiana_Jim. Palpatine's jumping is pretty nutty. Chasing him down on a toon like Rey is a PITA. Meanwhile you usually get jumped by one or two other Imp Heroes while chasing him unless you get lucky enough to catch him with your light saber before they get you. I know the devs try to be realistic in reference to the movies, but the devs also need to think about game balance. The devs did this in War Thunder where pilots could get knocked out with one bullet. They wanted to make it like real flying, but it was pretty lame when you got your plane into the air only to be knocked out in the first 30 seconds of flight.