criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Hero Starfighter leveling issue

Prev1
Nihil
208 posts Member
So I made this point under the progression update thread, but I think it deserves it's own topic.
And DISCLAIMER: I love the new progression update.


BUT

Leveling hero ships with this update is a mess and really hard compared to every other class and regular heroes.
Why? Because every class has it's own game mode where it is the fastest to level it. (Troopers, Reinforcements in Blast or Strike, Heroes in HvV, and Starfigters in SA)

But what's whit Hero ships?
Only option you have is to jump into starfighter assault and try to play them to get levels.
What's the issue with it?

- Too often the game ends before a hero ship can be taken
- Average players can't pick the hero ship they want because they are already taken
- Average players can't pick the hero ship they want because both 2 hero slots are filled
- Good players can't pick hero ships, because untill they get to the point that they die, someone has already picked them.
- And if you manage to take a hero ship, most of the time you get focus fired down (especially with the Falcon and Slave 1 and Scimitar) because you are visible from the other side of the map and everyone wants to kill YOU

(Basically the usual scenario with a hero ship is: You spawn - You get a few kills - You die - You get max a few hundred XP or in best case between 1000 and 2000, which is very little) For real, it was even easier to get a hero starfighter to a somehow usefull level with the old random lootbox system. Which is sad.

Solution would be: Just give us a HvV game mode for hero starfighter as well.


Replies

  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I play SA since 2.0 80% of my time for gaming. I have no problems filling 1/3 or half of the bar with one run as Poe/Vader/Slave/Han/Scimitar/Luke/Yoda. I have plenty of screenshots with this bar. If they'll adjust leveling up to the players that are struggling with it I'll have epic Starfighters in no time. They should remove limit of hero Starfighters, that's all

    HvV would be steamroll with SC and Scimitar.
  • Good idea, maybe they will add this option later.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    I play SA since 2.0 80% of my time for gaming. I have no problems filling 1/3 or half of the bar with one run as Poe/Vader/Slave/Han/Scimitar/Luke/Yoda. I have plenty of screenshots with this bar. If they'll adjust leveling up to the players that are struggling with it I'll have epic Starfighters in no time. They should remove limit of hero Starfighters, that's all

    HvV would be steamroll with SC and Scimitar.

    With Scimitar? It is one of the easiest ships to take out. I love wreking players in Scimitars when they think, activating cloack will make them unvisible and get away :dizzy:

    But since everyone has already every Starfighter equipped with epic cards, and also regular heroes and troopers, why is it an issue if everyone has them in Hero ships too? I don't know how you are doing it filling the bar for 1/3 for hero ships, but i manage to do it only for ships like Iden Versio's Tie fighter which is only lvl 3. But with higher level fighters, I get only a tiny bit of progress (and before you say "git gud", I'm always in the top part of the scoreboard, and in avarage on the top 5 in every 2nd-3rd game)

  • @Nihil well, okay. I can easily prove it since when I heard cries about leveling up ships I keep making screenshots of those bars. You may easily wreck Scimitars as far as I know which doesn't change the fact I have no issue leveling Scimitar or any other ship I use (I don't use Rey's Falcon I don't like it, and I rarely use Tallie and Iden since they are my lowest level and I want to bring those higher level ships to 25 first). Don't want to offend anyone but it's mostly git gud issue- I am not SA god by any means, I just started to play it more than once a month and leveling up heroes ships is not that hard as people describe. People say they get scores between 1000-2000 before they died and those are scores I got when I died like fool or crashed. It's not that easy as leveling up heroes in HvV tho which is way too fast.
  • Made of paper TIE X1
    4ksc9eqok92a.png

    Scimitar
    kshno6h0qnrg.png
  • Poe
    gstnpfmaddq2.png
    Slave
    ktyrkbcd70dg.png

    Mind you those are only from one Xbox, I have three spreaded across the house.
  • Nah, I am just showing the problem doesn't lie behind Progression but it lies somewhere between how to use hero properly/locked hero ships.
    It's you who "bet". I showed clear data how fast it's possible to level up 15+ hero ships now. I am not a pilot, I barely started to play this mode, my main mode is HvV. HvV which is barely playable because of dumbing down the gameplay. And now you want to dumb down progression system in SA so people will get XP for terrible runs :wink:
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @KrolJulian1916 No offense but it is "usually a git gud situation"? I just had my last game 2 mins before where I was 1st place on the scoreboard on endor! Till the point i finally died and could pick a hero ship, the 2 hero ship slots were taken! And I literally just sat there in the spawn window and waited till one of them dies so I can pick Idean Versio! I watched my watch and I sat there for minutes, and I could only pick the hero ship 2 secs before the game ended!

    + I see you are playing on console. Let's not forget that my issue stated above is focusing on PC (my fault, I didn't made it obviouse)
    No offense, and I'm sure you are a good player, but I played the game on XBox too, and there are major differences between PC games and console games.
    These are:
    - On consoles, it is pretty rare that you get dropped into an ongoing game as a backfill. (Or it is even impossibble? Dunno) You get always into new games. On PC, every 2nd game of my new queue cases are already running games.
    - On console, SA games are going way more different. Since the overall controll and aiming is way more different, people are playing more carefully and more the objective. Death as a Starfighter is much more rare. On PC, SA games are much more chaotic! Try to play it on a PC some times. You spawn, you die in 2 sec.
  • @Nihil if someone is asking for lowering the progression requirements because "during good run he got 2000 Xp which is drop in the sea"- then yeah it is git gud issue. The point of new progression system is to reward good games so no wonder one will earn drop in the sea if he spawned, killed AI twice and died.

    You are describing hero ships lock issue which isn't strictly the progression issue. And yeah I would love to have more hero ships on each side. It would definitely solve any XP problem there.

    Not PC player, scared of hackers :fearful:
  • NomiSunstrider
    2599 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Nihil wrote: »
    @KrolJulian1916 No offense but it is "usually a git gud situation"? I just had my last game 2 mins before where I was 1st place on the scoreboard on endor! Till the point i finally died and could pick a hero ship, the 2 hero ship slots were taken! And I literally just sat there in the spawn window and waited till one of them dies so I can pick Idean Versio! I watched my watch and I sat there for minutes, and I could only pick the hero ship 2 secs before the game ended!

    + I see you are playing on console. Let's not forget that my issue stated above is focusing on PC (my fault, I didn't made it obviouse)
    No offense, and I'm sure you are a good player, but I played the game on XBox too, and there are major differences between PC games and console games.
    These are:
    - On consoles, it is pretty rare that you get dropped into an ongoing game as a backfill. (Or it is even impossibble? Dunno) You get always into new games. On PC, every 2nd game of my new queue cases are already running games.
    - On console, SA games are going way more different. Since the overall controll and aiming is way more different, people are playing more carefully and more the objective. Death as a Starfighter is much more rare. On PC, SA games are much more chaotic! Try to play it on a PC some times. You spawn, you die in 2 sec.

    I totally agree pc games are way more punishing than console because of better aiming and control overall.

    I also find it hard to level hero ships because the moment you spawn you are insta targeted by the enemy and it's really hard to stay alive long enough to gain significant exp. Also yeah many times if you don't pick hero ship first you may not even pick it for the rest of the game.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    @Nihil if someone is asking for lowering the progression requirements because "during good run he got 2000 Xp which is drop in the sea"- then yeah it is git gud issue. The point of new progression system is to reward good games so no wonder one will earn drop in the sea if he spawned, killed AI twice and died.

    You are describing hero ships lock issue which isn't strictly the progression issue. And yeah I would love to have more hero ships on each side. It would definitely solve any XP problem there.

    Not PC player, scared of hackers :fearful:

    I see you still don't get my point. If you have a system where every aspect should work in a ballanced and equal way, and you have one part in that system which is performing much worse than the others (comparing here every other class progression with hero ship progression), that is showing you that there is still room to improvement.
    But again an example from my now recent game. Again....was in top 4-5 till the point I could pick a hero ship, but couldn't do it because every slot was locked. Picked Yoda, and game ended. All i got was 50.....i repeat 50 XP for that hero!
    If you still don't get it, and sorry don't want to be personal or offensive, but...if you could just step out from your "I would like to point out that your showing off "how great pilot I am"" (as Bahlan above sayed) box, and let go the discussion of the initial performance of any of the players and focus on the mechanic of the system it self, and the given possibilities to level your desired character......that would be a step forward.

    And yes, I describe hero ships lock issue which IS stricktly tied to the progression system. I will not repeat myself...just go and read my original post again where I described why it is an issue tied to it. :)
    (Sorry I'm just lazy to write everything again :D )

    Yeah some games have hackers on PC as I noticed too :( But I hate playing with a controller :D
    But it is really a huge differenc between games on PC and games on console. Even if you just observing some games as an observer and not playing them. :)

  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, I proved my point with screenshots. If you want to throw around phrases like "showing off" while we try to talk about something and I proved you data you're just showing you're at same mentality tier as your Bahlan friend :wink:
    Overall progression is too easy and it was said few times here or there. People already reached 70 with their classes and hero players also maxed out their heroes.
    E
    Btw not sure whats about your 50XP example as Yoda... You want xp for spawning in?
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, I proved my point with screenshots. If you want to throw around phrases like "showing off" while we try to talk about something and I proved you data you're just showing you're at same mentality tier as your Bahlan friend :wink:
    Overall progression is too easy and it was said few times here or there. People already reached 70 with their classes and hero players also maxed out their heroes.

    That's why I said: "don't want to be personal or offensive," because it wasn't ment personally. :D That's why i hate forums and the internet. Everyone is taking everything so personal. :D

    But you only showed screenshots (i would say, examples, and not usefull Data to base a statistic on it) from something which 1. can happen, but as Bahran said, is not the average example, 2. as we figured out, you are playing on console. It can be possible that the issue I stated, isn't existing on console. But is for sure pretty much existing on PC.


    I rarely play regular heroes, so I have only the levels I got after the migration from the old prog system. But I have around 10+ levels for every hero just from that too. So i don't care about leveling that part. :)
    But I think if there is already someone who reached lvl 70 had also the majority of his/her levels from the old systems. Or has simply too much free time :D
  • Well, I proved my point with screenshots. If you want to throw around phrases like "showing off" while we try to talk about something and I proved you data you're just showing you're at same mentality tier as your Bahlan friend :wink:
    Overall progression is too easy and it was said few times here or there. People already reached 70 with their classes and hero players also maxed out their heroes.
    E
    Btw not sure whats about your 50XP example as Yoda... You want xp for spawning in?

    Maybe you also can prove with screenshots how you get 5+ missile kills as hero ships in one games.
    Getting those Milestones are a boring grind, but I guess you can disprove this as an easy walk in the park?
  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    These are only your guesses if it's average or not. Fact is it's doable and I can provide more of them with any ship you want (But Rey's Falcon I hate it) :-)
  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    barunedpat wrote: »
    Well, I proved my point with screenshots. If you want to throw around phrases like "showing off" while we try to talk about something and I proved you data you're just showing you're at same mentality tier as your Bahlan friend :wink:
    Overall progression is too easy and it was said few times here or there. People already reached 70 with their classes and hero players also maxed out their heroes.
    E
    Btw not sure whats about your 50XP example as Yoda... You want xp for spawning in?

    Maybe you also can prove with screenshots how you get 5+ missile kills as hero ships in one games.
    Getting those Milestones are a boring grind, but I guess you can disprove this as an easy walk in the park?

    Lol, have you tried the missions
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    These are only your guesses if it's average or not. Fact is it's doable and I can provide more of them with any ship you want (But Rey's Falcon I hate it) :-)

    Yeah sure it's doable. Just as I can also easily invest my money to buy a studio flat in the garden district of the city i live in. But that doesn't mean it is the average example. And you still not reading my point. As I said....we got it that you can do it....wow. :D But that's not the point of the whole discussion here
    barunedpat wrote: »
    te]

    Maybe you also can prove with screenshots how you get 5+ missile kills as hero ships in one games.
    Getting those Milestones are a boring grind, but I guess you can disprove this as an easy walk in the park?

    Lol, have you tried the missions
    Missions? You mean the milestones? Again ON PC these milestones are not that easy, because everyone is easily dodging the missiles. I almost get never killed by missiles. They are used only for distraction :)

  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Nihil wrote: »
    These are only your guesses if it's average or not. Fact is it's doable and I can provide more of them with any ship you want (But Rey's Falcon I hate it) :-)

    Yeah sure it's doable. Just as I can also easily invest my money to buy a studio flat in the garden district of the city i live in. But that doesn't mean it is the average example. And you still not reading my point. As I said....we got it that you can do it....wow. :D But that's not the point of the whole discussion here

    You're not getting the point too.
    The fact people struggle with it doesn't mean people who are not are talking about it on forums. Vocal minority as usual.
    The fact new comer to this mode can do that means around 70% of playerbase can do that.
    And it's not like I need to get good work/win a lottery to get those 7k XP.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Nihil wrote: »
    These are only your guesses if it's average or not. Fact is it's doable and I can provide more of them with any ship you want (But Rey's Falcon I hate it) :-)

    Yeah sure it's doable. Just as I can also easily invest my money to buy a studio flat in the garden district of the city i live in. But that doesn't mean it is the average example. And you still not reading my point. As I said....we got it that you can do it....wow. :D But that's not the point of the whole discussion here

    You're not getting the point too.
    The fact people struggle with it doesn't mean people who are not are talking about it on forums. Vocal minority as usual.
    The fact new comer to this mode can do that means around 70% of playerbase can do that.
    And it's not like I need to get good work/win a lottery to get those 7k XP.

    Buddy...really....the point is here...nobody cares about your performance or screenshots. Nobody cares about how an individual can get x ammount of score, battlepoints, xp in any of the game modes. (Just see the case with starfighters on GA and how easy it is to pile up a score which will look like you are cheating)

    The point is here the progression system compared between classes in the game. The pure mechanic behind it and their possibilities.
    So for the last time....I don't care about what you have proven or not. :) And to be honest....the whole discussion is starting to feel like you want to troll here. But hope not. But anyway, I think i will stop this discussion with you because it doesn't lead anywhere. :D Just one last tip....try to play it on PC...you will see.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    barunedpat wrote: »
    te]

    Maybe you also can prove with screenshots how you get 5+ missile kills as hero ships in one games.
    Getting those Milestones are a boring grind, but I guess you can disprove this as an easy walk in the park?

    Lol, have you tried the missions
    Missions? You mean the milestones? Again ON PC these milestones are not that easy, because everyone is easily dodging the missiles. I almost get never killed by missiles. They are used only for distraction :)

    Well, tbh I was mocking him here and I meant missions. Relationship between badly designed milestones and progression in SA is a mystery to me.
  • @Nihil yeah, I won't find a common land with someone who is raging because he got "ONLY 50 XP!!!!!1111" for spawning in as Yoda lol
  • And here is a fundamental problem with the game, if the chances of getting the best stuff (heroes / hero ships) are only available to those who are best at the game the player base will dwindle because no new players will want to play and learn the game because it is far too punishing. It doesn't really matter if some people can do it, if it becomes increasingly difficult for anyone but the best players to get a hero ship and when they do they hang on to it, as it's fully upgraded, then people will stop playing which is no one's best interest. This can be counteracted by modes that allow you to level up, which is why, as much as it is not the best mode by far for me (and certainly is a shadow of the 2015 variant), heroes vs villains is important - allowing average players to level up heroes outside of GA. There needs to be the same opportunities for hero ships either in a separate mode or at the very least allowing more hero ship slots per round.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    barunedpat wrote: »
    te]

    Maybe you also can prove with screenshots how you get 5+ missile kills as hero ships in one games.
    Getting those Milestones are a boring grind, but I guess you can disprove this as an easy walk in the park?

    Lol, have you tried the missions
    Missions? You mean the milestones? Again ON PC these milestones are not that easy, because everyone is easily dodging the missiles. I almost get never killed by missiles. They are used only for distraction :)

    Well, tbh I was mocking him here and I meant missions. Relationship between badly designed milestones and progression in SA is a mystery to me.

    Haha ok i see :D
    Yeah it's funny to see that there are milestones which are braindeadly easy to get and others are hard as hell. Like...I have all milestones with Slave 1, except the one where you need to kill i think 50 enemy ships with the torpedos of it. I have 0/50 from that :D
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    @Nihil yeah, I won't find a common land with someone who is raging because he got "ONLY 50 XP!!!!!1111" for spawning in as Yoda lol

    50XP was just an example which you pulled out from the context, focusing on something way more different.
    I'm not raging, just giving up to find a common land if the opposite part is refusing to loose his/her point which was never tied to the original topic. ;)
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    petemish wrote: »
    And here is a fundamental problem with the game, if the chances of getting the best stuff (heroes / hero ships) are only available to those who are best at the game the player base will dwindle because no new players will want to play and learn the game because it is far too punishing. It doesn't really matter if some people can do it, if it becomes increasingly difficult for anyone but the best players to get a hero ship and when they do they hang on to it, as it's fully upgraded, then people will stop playing which is no one's best interest. This can be counteracted by modes that allow you to level up, which is why, as much as it is not the best mode by far for me (and certainly is a shadow of the 2015 variant), heroes vs villains is important - allowing average players to level up heroes outside of GA. There needs to be the same opportunities for hero ships either in a separate mode or at the very least allowing more hero ship slots per round.

    Agree. 2015 version of HvV was much better than the current one, but you have here at least a place where you can focusing on practicing and leveling up the Heroes.
    Which is not the case of hero ships.

    Let's break it down how the progression works and what are the possibilities for each class.

    There are the following classes in the game
    1. Normal trooper classes (Assault, Heavy, Officer, Specialist)
    2. Reinforcements (Jump troopers and enforcers)
    3. Heroes
    4. Land vehicles(speeders and tanks)
    5. Starfighters
    6. Hero ships

    6 in total





    Now the places to play
    1. Galactic assault
    2. Blast
    3. Strike
    4. Starfighter assault
    5. Heroes vs Villains

    5 in total







    Let's break down where you can play and level your desired classes in 2 way.
    a. Focus leveling or
    b. secoundary leveling option


    -Troopers: You are starting at these in Galacic assault, Blast, Strike - 3 primal game modes to pocusing on the leveling of these
    - Reinforcements: Galactic assault - 3 game mode to pick them as secoundary leveling option
    - Land vehicles: Galactic assault - 1 game mode to pick them as secoundary leveling option
    - Heroes: Heroes vs Villains, Galactic Assault -1 game mode to focus leveling and 1 game mode as secoundary levelingg option. 2 in total
    - Starfighter: Starfighter Assault, Galactic Assault - 1 primal game modes to pocusing on the leveling of these, and 1 game mode to have them as secoundary leveling option. 2 in total
    - Hero ships: Starfighter assault - 1 game mode to pick them as secoundary leveling option





    Summary:
    - Troopers: 3 game modes
    - Reinforcements: 3 game modes
    - Land vehicles: 1 game mode
    - Heroes: 2 game modes
    - Starfighters: 2 game modes
    - Hero ships: 1 game mode

    Now as you can see, the places where you can level the hero ships is just as tiny as the places/options to level speeders, tanks, ect. But the difference is, that picking a speeder for just a few hundred of BPs is much easier and frequent than having the chance to pick a hero ship.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I really believe problem will be solved when 5 hero ships on each side available. Definitely it's a good point about only one mode to level up hero ships- this make 2-3 limit far too punishing for some part of playerbase.
    I don't believe in idea of space HvV. Namely because of Seismic charge and Maul's scimitar card that boost damage by 40% at purple after uncloaking. It will cause nerf festival that already destroyed HvV. Seismi charge for example should stay the way it is but I can see raging Poe/Yoda/Luke players that got killed from full HP, requesting nerfs. Please no.
  • Poe
    gstnpfmaddq2.png
    Slave
    ktyrkbcd70dg.png

    Mind you those are only from one Xbox, I have three spreaded across the house.

    Lol “one Xbox... (of) three” what a jackass.

  • Poe
    gstnpfmaddq2.png
    Slave
    ktyrkbcd70dg.png

    Mind you those are only from one Xbox, I have three spreaded across the house.

    Lol “one Xbox... (of) three” what a jackass.

    Lol go and whine about nerfing instead of derailig thread w your complexes
  • Poe
    gstnpfmaddq2.png
    Slave
    ktyrkbcd70dg.png

    Mind you those are only from one Xbox, I have three spreaded across the house.

    Lol “one Xbox... (of) three” what a jackass.

    Lol go and whine about nerfing instead of derailig thread w your complexes

    Hahah insecure much? No more nerf hearders!
  • Poe
    gstnpfmaddq2.png
    Slave
    ktyrkbcd70dg.png

    Mind you those are only from one Xbox, I have three spreaded across the house.

    Lol “one Xbox... (of) three” what a jackass.

    Lol go and whine about nerfing instead of derailig thread w your complexes

    Hahah insecure much? No more nerf hearders!

    Definitely no more hearders
  • That's a fair point. I'm a somewhat decent pilot in this game, but I'm much worse as infantry. I was wondering how I'd struggle levelling heroes up if not for HvV. If I was as bad in SA as I am in GA, I'd never be able to level hero ships properly.

    Obviously, skilled players will not struggle with it, at least they're not likely to. But we simply can't base the progression of an entire community on one player or a smaller group of more skilled ones.
  • hsf_
    1820 posts Member
    I play SA since 2.0 80% of my time for gaming. I have no problems filling 1/3 or half of the bar with one run as Poe/Vader/Slave/Han/Scimitar/Luke/Yoda. I have plenty of screenshots with this bar. If they'll adjust leveling up to the players that are struggling with it I'll have epic Starfighters in no time. They should remove limit of hero Starfighters, that's all

    HvV would be steamroll with SC and Scimitar.

    No... Because there would be too many heroes on the map at once. You'd have 15 heroes on the map once and that would be a complete mess, considering it's only 24 player mode. If it was 48 player then sure why not...
  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I play SA since 2.0 80% of my time for gaming. I have no problems filling 1/3 or half of the bar with one run as Poe/Vader/Slave/Han/Scimitar/Luke/Yoda. I have plenty of screenshots with this bar. If they'll adjust leveling up to the players that are struggling with it I'll have epic Starfighters in no time. They should remove limit of hero Starfighters, that's all

    HvV would be steamroll with SC and Scimitar.

    No... Because there would be too many heroes on the map at once. You'd have 15 heroes on the map once and that would be a complete mess, considering it's only 24 player mode. If it was 48 player then sure why not...

    5+5=/= 15, but 10. Some of ships like Iden and Luke are just buffed standard units. Taking down Yoda/Luke/Poe/Kylo/Vader/Iden is extremely easy atm. There are no reinforcements to spend battlepoints on so there are 10 people out of 12 that can't do anything with their battlepoints.
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    It's a bit of a grind to level Hero ships at the moment but increasing the amount of Hero ships playing at one time is not the answer. It would just un-balance one of the best modes in the game.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    Sounds good.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Easy fix, 1.5x xp gain with hero ships.

    Done
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    Rotaugen wrote: »
    The devs have all the info. They can calculate how long it takes to level on average each unit type. They can see that it takes many, many more rounds to level the hero starships than ground heros or trooper units They could either create a HvV version of SFA or make the xp per level for hero starfighters in line to level up at about the same rate as the other units. I bet they get around to it eventually, once they notice the huge disparity in unit levels over time.

    Yeah the the question is.....are they doing something with these datas.

    Having data on something or having a report out of some data sadly isn't equal with processing that data. You need to point the attention towards it so they are looking at these datas :)
  • I'm sure the devs are aware or will be aware of this thing with hero ships leveling. But to do something about it is one can hope for :).
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • Terrible idea.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Nihil wrote: »

    You are right that they are not so game changing. Most of them can be taken out with oneshoting them as an interceptor or from afar with a bomber. (especially Vader, Tallie, Iden, Luke, Yoda) or will be focused down because of the size and unique look (Falcon, Kylo, Scimitar, Slave)

    The only issue is, that there are no even numbers in hero ships. I think the dark side has less ships. Plus you need to ballance the Battlepoint costs as well. But if that would be ballanced, it could work. :)


    And to be honest there are still issues with the hero ship picks. I'm siutting often in the spawn and waiting for a hero ship to be available, and I just don't know why it is greyed out.
    Like here in the picture :smile:
    1m8j0acl23mz.png

    - I wanted to pick Tallie
    - Had the battlepoints
    - 2 hero ships were out there (max was 3)
    - 2 hero ships were Luke and Yoda
    - Why was only the Falcon available?
    - Why was Tallie and Poe not available?

    I think you can only have one hero ship of each type in play. If Yoda has been picked, you can't have Tallie, Luke prevents you from grabbing Poe and you can only have one Falcon. There's also a one minute cooldown timer on any hero ship that was just destroyed so if Yoda dies you can pick Tallie but you'll have to wait 60 seconds before you can pick Yoda.
    You will fall, as all Jedi must.
  • Nihil wrote: »

    You are right that they are not so game changing. Most of them can be taken out with oneshoting them as an interceptor or from afar with a bomber. (especially Vader, Tallie, Iden, Luke, Yoda) or will be focused down because of the size and unique look (Falcon, Kylo, Scimitar, Slave)

    The only issue is, that there are no even numbers in hero ships. I think the dark side has less ships. Plus you need to ballance the Battlepoint costs as well. But if that would be ballanced, it could work. :)


    And to be honest there are still issues with the hero ship picks. I'm siutting often in the spawn and waiting for a hero ship to be available, and I just don't know why it is greyed out.
    Like here in the picture :smile:
    1m8j0acl23mz.png

    - I wanted to pick Tallie
    - Had the battlepoints
    - 2 hero ships were out there (max was 3)
    - 2 hero ships were Luke and Yoda
    - Why was only the Falcon available?
    - Why was Tallie and Poe not available?

    I had the exact same issue last night, I waited on the spawn screen for a few minutes and then the game ended. :(

    Need those savoir kills.
  • Psybernaut wrote: »
    Nihil wrote: »

    You are right that they are not so game changing. Most of them can be taken out with oneshoting them as an interceptor or from afar with a bomber. (especially Vader, Tallie, Iden, Luke, Yoda) or will be focused down because of the size and unique look (Falcon, Kylo, Scimitar, Slave)

    The only issue is, that there are no even numbers in hero ships. I think the dark side has less ships. Plus you need to ballance the Battlepoint costs as well. But if that would be ballanced, it could work. :)


    And to be honest there are still issues with the hero ship picks. I'm siutting often in the spawn and waiting for a hero ship to be available, and I just don't know why it is greyed out.
    Like here in the picture :smile:
    1m8j0acl23mz.png

    - I wanted to pick Tallie
    - Had the battlepoints
    - 2 hero ships were out there (max was 3)
    - 2 hero ships were Luke and Yoda
    - Why was only the Falcon available?
    - Why was Tallie and Poe not available?

    I think you can only have one hero ship of each type in play. If Yoda has been picked, you can't have Tallie, Luke prevents you from grabbing Poe and you can only have one Falcon. There's also a one minute cooldown timer on any hero ship that was just destroyed so if Yoda dies you can pick Tallie but you'll have to wait 60 seconds before you can pick Yoda.

    And all of it needs to go, imho.

    If you exclude 1 of the 2 Falcons, we would have 5v5 hero ships.

    They die fast, and you need luck + skill to stay alive longer...

    They should either increase the Score in SA (There is a reason why Heroes in GA cost 6-8000 and in SA 2-3000) or 1/3 the xp requirement for ships to level.

    That + we really need more Hero Ships at the same time.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member

    You are right that they are not so game changing. Most of them can be taken out with oneshoting them as an interceptor or from afar with a bomber. (especially Vader, Tallie, Iden, Luke, Yoda) or will be focused down because of the size and unique look (Falcon, Kylo, Scimitar, Slave)

    The only issue is, that there are no even numbers in hero ships. I think the dark side has less ships. Plus you need to ballance the Battlepoint costs as well. But if that would be ballanced, it could work. :)


    And to be honest there are still issues with the hero ship picks. I'm siutting often in the spawn and waiting for a hero ship to be available, and I just don't know why it is greyed out.
    Like here in the picture :smile:
    1m8j0acl23mz.png

    - I wanted to pick Tallie
    - Had the battlepoints
    - 2 hero ships were out there (max was 3)
    - 2 hero ships were Luke and Yoda
    - Why was only the Falcon available?
    - Why was Tallie and Poe not available?
    Psybernaut wrote: »
    Nihil wrote: »

    You are right that they are not so game changing. Most of them can be taken out with oneshoting them as an interceptor or from afar with a bomber. (especially Vader, Tallie, Iden, Luke, Yoda) or will be focused down because of the size and unique look (Falcon, Kylo, Scimitar, Slave)

    The only issue is, that there are no even numbers in hero ships. I think the dark side has less ships. Plus you need to ballance the Battlepoint costs as well. But if that would be ballanced, it could work. :)


    And to be honest there are still issues with the hero ship picks. I'm siutting often in the spawn and waiting for a hero ship to be available, and I just don't know why it is greyed out.
    Like here in the picture :smile:
    1m8j0acl23mz.png

    - I wanted to pick Tallie
    - Had the battlepoints
    - 2 hero ships were out there (max was 3)
    - 2 hero ships were Luke and Yoda
    - Why was only the Falcon available?
    - Why was Tallie and Poe not available?

    I think you can only have one hero ship of each type in play. If Yoda has been picked, you can't have Tallie, Luke prevents you from grabbing Poe and you can only have one Falcon. There's also a one minute cooldown timer on any hero ship that was just destroyed so if Yoda dies you can pick Tallie but you'll have to wait 60 seconds before you can pick Yoda.

    Wow thanks for the info, didn't knew that!
    But agree with joachimeberhard that this should be ereased from the game. This is only preventing people who have already enough battlepoints to pick a hero ship and play them, even if just for a little bit.

    Also agree with the leveling adjustment to the hero ships. Leveling them is a pain in the ****. :S
  • NomiSunstrider
    2599 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I really love playing Tallie but damn if they focus you you are dead in a second it's just a regular interceptor ship. I would love to level her but it's nearly impossible to do it you can't stay alive for 5 mins.

    I agree the hero ships leveling need to be tweaked a bit because right now it's a nightmare to level them.

    And yes leveling on a PC is much harder than on a console.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • I personally think it is a harder then the other scenes.

    I average about 15 to 20 kills at times or less. Depends on skills of players I play. I focus trying to play the objective.

    I am a huge fan. For me to get Poe is like me trying to blow up a Death Star by myself it is very very very hard for me to achieve.

    In galactic Assault I have a better chance getting Luke when I am using Assault trooper with out buffs but I can get him at the right end of the match

    I can level up hero’s in the hero versus hero’s. But Starfighter is a killer. It is a pain.
    Two players on different teams....
    1 credit for join a game that ends.

    b6vzww.jpg
  • Psybernaut wrote: »
    Nihil wrote: »

    You are right that they are not so game changing. Most of them can be taken out with oneshoting them as an interceptor or from afar with a bomber. (especially Vader, Tallie, Iden, Luke, Yoda) or will be focused down because of the size and unique look (Falcon, Kylo, Scimitar, Slave)

    The only issue is, that there are no even numbers in hero ships. I think the dark side has less ships. Plus you need to ballance the Battlepoint costs as well. But if that would be ballanced, it could work. :)


    And to be honest there are still issues with the hero ship picks. I'm siutting often in the spawn and waiting for a hero ship to be available, and I just don't know why it is greyed out.
    Like here in the picture :smile:
    1m8j0acl23mz.png

    - I wanted to pick Tallie
    - Had the battlepoints
    - 2 hero ships were out there (max was 3)
    - 2 hero ships were Luke and Yoda
    - Why was only the Falcon available?
    - Why was Tallie and Poe not available?

    I think you can only have one hero ship of each type in play. If Yoda has been picked, you can't have Tallie, Luke prevents you from grabbing Poe and you can only have one Falcon. There's also a one minute cooldown timer on any hero ship that was just destroyed so if Yoda dies you can pick Tallie but you'll have to wait 60 seconds before you can pick Yoda.

    And all of it needs to go, imho.

    If you exclude 1 of the 2 Falcons, we would have 5v5 hero ships.

    They die fast, and you need luck + skill to stay alive longer...

    They should either increase the Score in SA (There is a reason why Heroes in GA cost 6-8000 and in SA 2-3000) or 1/3 the xp requirement for ships to level.

    That + we really need more Hero Ships at the same time.

    I like the idea but there is an inherent imbalance between the light and dark side ships. Slave I is better than either Falcon, Maul and Kylo are better than Yoda and Poe respectively, Luke and Vader are about equal, leaving Tallie as the only light side ship that whoops her dark counterpart. If they add Obi Wan and Grievious that'll be another paper plane for the good guys which'll probably just make things worse.
    I think it's a good concept, I'm just not sure it's workable with the current roster.
    You will fall, as all Jedi must.
Sign In or Register to comment.