criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Are We Ever Going to Get Voice Chat

There is no form of communication for the team besides messaging someone on consoles, which is slow and only affects 1 person.

If Voice chat was in the game people could help out new players who don't understand what to do, coordinate attacks on 1 point at a time, or even make new friends that can join them in parties so they can have more fun.

Besides, most games now a days have voice chat..... so why not battlefront 2?

Replies

• Devlin21
    8322 posts Member
    Then they can hear me yelling at them for ruining my shot, getting in the way, being dimb etc.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• i want voice chat in the game as well, no team strategy currently
  • No doubt, but don't you have to turn the chat feature on in settings? Or would voice chat be automatic? I'd certainly like to be able to tell the GA teams I'm on to go on the defense, not the attack EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME we play. Attackers lose 80% of the time.
  • Yeah, it would be nice to be able to have a chance to change the outcome of a match by telling your team what to do and where to go
  • Ya im so tired of the no evidence backing argument "if voice chat exists, everyone while just be screaming and cursing etc" they said the literal same exact argument for why voice message shouldn't be brought back in xbox one. and its back and i have yet to get a hate voice message so seriously the hysteria needs to stop of over exaggerated fear mongering stories that don't have weight.
  • If people complain of lag now it'll get way worse if this is implemented. Having to switch to 3 other people's connection every time you spawn for voip between 40 people=lag fest.

Smaller modes like strike or blast I can see. It would be way easier in that scenario.
  • If people complain of lag now it'll get way worse if this is implemented. Having to switch to 3 other people's connection every time you spawn for voip between 40 people=lag fest.

Smaller modes like strike or blast I can see. It would be way easier in that scenario.

never lagged because of voice chat in Battlefield games. there may have been times of lag, literally nothing to do with voice chat in big battles
  • Droideka_Leader
    135 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    If people complain of lag now it'll get way worse if this is implemented. Having to switch to 3 other people's connection every time you spawn for voip between 40 people=lag fest.

Yeah the Mic's shouldn't affect the game play, I've played for years and never had lag whenever a lot of people were using Mic's, the way I see it is If COD can handle all of those Mic's (12-24 total) at once, then this game should too
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Ya im so tired of the no evidence backing argument "if voice chat exists, everyone while just be screaming and cursing etc" they said the literal same exact argument for why voice message shouldn't be brought back in xbox one. and its back and i have yet to get a hate voice message so seriously the hysteria needs to stop of over exaggerated fear mongering stories that don't have weight.

I don't even know why people complain about Voice chat either, that's why most games have a mute button for individual players...... so you don't have to listen to other people's hate or their orders on how YOU should play

Yeah the Mic's shouldn't affect the game play, I've played for years and never had lag whenever a lot of people were using Mic's, the way I see it is If COD can handle all of those Mic's (12-24 total) at once, then this game should too
    Ya im so tired of the no evidence backing argument "if voice chat exists, everyone while just be screaming and cursing etc" they said the literal same exact argument for why voice message shouldn't be brought back in xbox one. and its back and i have yet to get a hate voice message so seriously the hysteria needs to stop of over exaggerated fear mongering stories that don't have weight.

I don't even know why people complain about Voice chat either, that's why most games have a mute button for individual players...... so you don't have to listen to other people's hate or their orders on how YOU should play

lol I think some people like getting verbal abuse, it turns them on i guess idk lol seriously, check this out @ 2:30. It's like they had this all along and we just never knew about it lol

• I found it shocking that they didn't add it considering they have a voice chat system built in for parties.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I found it shocking that they didn't add it considering they have a voice chat system built in for parties.

ikr lol
  • grimmace2
    1073 posts Member
    There are certainly pros and cons. My guess is that Disney has a bit of a hand in this. If a nine-year-old is play GA and they get dropped in with some hyper-intense people dropping F-bombs constantly, it could ruin little Jimmy's experience. They cry to mom that "the bad man yelled at me on the game!" Next thing you know, Disney is getting an ear full from mother of the year. Disney likes to retain the "family friendly" label so this could play a part. While Star Wars is literally just that, war in space, it has a sci-fi/fantasy aspect that allows a disconnect from actual carnage. The COD/Battlefield series fully embrace this to the point that, for realism, their dialogue includes in-game swearing. Having a live mic with other players swearing is no big deal. If you're playing the game, someone has already made the decision, either the player, or the parent purchasing the game, that the mature content is acceptable. The Star Wars franchise pushed their "mature content" envelope with PG-13 ratings for the last three movies. While PG-13 usually means it's a normal movie with one F-bomb thrown in, it goes without saying that there were no f-bombs in any of the last three movies. Disney only allowed the PG-13 label because the 12-year-old kids that saw it would think they were cool and talk it up to their friends, thus increasing ticket sales. If you could find a way to monetize a live mic, Disney would be all over it :D
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    There are certainly pros and cons. My guess is that Disney has a bit of a hand in this. If a nine-year-old is play GA and they get dropped in with some hyper-intense people dropping F-bombs constantly, it could ruin little Jimmy's experience. They cry to mom that "the bad man yelled at me on the game!" Next thing you know, Disney is getting an ear full from mother of the year. Disney likes to retain the "family friendly" label so this could play a part. While Star Wars is literally just that, war in space, it has a sci-fi/fantasy aspect that allows a disconnect from actual carnage. The COD/Battlefield series fully embrace this to the point that, for realism, their dialogue includes in-game swearing. Having a live mic with other players swearing is no big deal. If you're playing the game, someone has already made the decision, either the player, or the parent purchasing the game, that the mature content is acceptable. The Star Wars franchise pushed their "mature content" envelope with PG-13 ratings for the last three movies. While PG-13 usually means it's a normal movie with one F-bomb thrown in, it goes without saying that there were no f-bombs in any of the last three movies. Disney only allowed the PG-13 label because the 12-year-old kids that saw it would think they were cool and talk it up to their friends, thus increasing ticket sales. If you could find a way to monetize a live mic, Disney would be all over it :D

just use the block button, if they want parental guidance they can set the VOIP to none so they can't hear anyone.
  • Midichlorian
    1409 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I can see why GA would not have it, but if it did I would just use mute annoying players. Blast doesn't need it, the objective is to just kill. Strike which is purely strategy-based, needs game chat. HvV which is only 4 players on a team, it helps to have game chat when you have a team of 4 with all different skillsets, especially when it awkwardly becomes a 2v4 when the others rage quit or level up.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • I can see why GA would not have it, but if it did I would just use mute annoying players. Blast doesn't need it, the objective is to just kill. Strike which is purely strategy-based, needs game chat. HvV which is only 4 players on a team, it helps to have game chat when you have a team of 4 with all different skillsets, especially when it awkwardly becomes a 2v4 when the others rage quit or level up.

Exaggeration that every gamer is an EVE Online player lol

GA needs strategy, Blast still needed for call outs like "camper around the entrance", strike needs its for same reason as GA because strategy. HvV needs it so people know where to group up and SA needs it so you can call out the guy going all tryhard so we can kill his hero ship and take it down faster so they can rage quit because they though going for turret kills would save them and ends up like this.

• Voice chat could be a nice addition, though I have mixed experience with it. It really depends on the demographics of this game. Abusive behaviour isn't that much of a problem, I've found; people can be muted. The main issue is usually that people just don't communicate, nor like to follow suggestions. For those who can make good use of it, though, voice communication would be a boon. It'll also level the playing field a bit versus teams, as their ability to coordinate is a major advantage.

Just please, don't make "always on" the default setting. That's just a recipe for getting lots of annoying noise, and very personal/awkward things being broadcast because many people never realise their mic is on. :neutral:
  • Droideka_Leader
    135 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Voice chat could be a nice addition, though I have mixed experience with it. It really depends on the demographics of this game. Abusive behaviour isn't that much of a problem, I've found; people can be muted. The main issue is usually that people just don't communicate, nor like to follow suggestions. For those who can make good use of it, though, voice communication would be a boon. It'll also level the playing field a bit versus teams, as their ability to coordinate is a major advantage.

Just please, don't make "always on" the default setting. That's just a recipe for getting lots of annoying noise, and very personal/awkward things being broadcast because many people never realise their mic is on. :neutral:

Yeah..... just because you can speak, doesn't mean they will follow, but not having the ability to even try is what annoys me

So many games have ended with what if I could have said something about that Hero that was around the corner, or about the people going to B, or about the group of people up ahead, or........

• nope dont want it. would be too many people crying and complaining about stuff. best to just do parties and not have to put up with all the hate from other people. you know if things are toxic here on the forums that the in game play would be even worse.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    toxic

Here's the magic word that keeps being overused these days to justify more control and censorship in gaming.
    just use the block button, if they want parental guidance they can set the VOIP to none so they can't hear anyone.

This. Why can't people just use the mute button? It's not complicated, most games have this option, why can't EA/Dice add this into DisneyBattlefront?
    Also private servers would be nice.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    nope dont want it. would be too many people crying and complaining about stuff. best to just do parties and not have to put up with all the hate from other people. you know if things are toxic here on the forums that the in game play would be even worse.

you know if you have it you can just turn it off right? so why dictate it for everyone else?
  • I definitely see the benefit to being able to communicate effectively in large modes like Galacatic Assault or even in small modes like Strike on Endor where good team synergy is very important for the Rebels to get out of the base.
  • cause I will yell at my teammates for being terrible.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    cause I will yell at my teammates for being terrible.

well thats just you lol and if you do and it's just aggressive and not assertive i'd just mute you lol I will tell my terrible teammates how to "be butter" *Gavin McInnes voice*. "Everyone flank right, only 2 people are guarding, free kills." Free kills gets people motivated
  • Devlin21
    8322 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    cause I will yell at my teammates for being terrible.

Fr. Especially for making me die as a hero, or ruining a perfect shot, not pto, being dumb, taking my kill, etc.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• If only they could develop something that detects swearing and either bleeps it, or kicks the offender after so many curse words are said......
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    If only they could develop something that detects swearing and either bleeps it, or kicks the offender after so many curse words are said......

or you could just turn chat off if it bothers you the probability that much. People handle it just fine on Battlefield 1
    I mean even if they did have team voice chat
    1. Not everybody would have a mic
    2. A lot of people would just have it turned off so they dont have to deal witth people yelling at them.

My counter Battlefield 1, i have successfully countered your response
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    If only they could develop something that detects swearing and either bleeps it, or kicks the offender after so many curse words are said......

or you could just turn chat off if it bothers you the probability that much. People handle it just fine on Battlefield 1

Yes, i know that, I'm just saying if they had this, then no one could complain about not knowing about / using the mute button

Also, that idea would auto mute the offensive players, allowing people who don't know about the mute button to not have o worry about it
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Yes, i know that, I'm just saying if they had this, then no one could complain about not knowing about / using the mute button

Also, that idea would auto mute the offensive players, allowing people who don't know about the mute button to not have o worry about it

There is no voice recognition that would be accurate. Even the google voice typing is sometimes incredibly inaccurate. You know how many times they try to do the swearing protection system voice recognition someone that says "bigger" is a swear word. You can guess what it thought you did say. So that system would eventually just mute everyone. "They can do it the old fashion way, manually." - Robert Burns
  • just add text to speech instead but in the faction voice.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Eh, just an idea....

Regardless, they need to add it in at some point or another
  • I am totally on board, make it so it is at least an option to voice chat, or mute. Like COD. I would also like to be able to keep the group together in chat, linking you with your friends playing online.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    just add text to speech instead but in the faction voice.

as explained above, that would not work, text to speech is never accurate. thats just more work then putting in a voice chat that has been in games for over a decade. the technology exist and has has time to be worked out. they have it in the BF games, don't see a reason not to have it in SWBF.
    Eh, just an idea....

Regardless, they need to add it in at some point or another

exactly
    I am totally on board, make it so it is at least an option to voice chat, or mute. Like COD. I would also like to be able to keep the group together in chat, linking you with your friends playing online.

My preference would be the 4 VOIP option, Team, Squad/Spawnmates, Proximity, and None and you can filter through that with. Default is set to team and you can go to audio, in-game even, and save the changes and it will me like that for every game going forward until you change it to something else and will not reset.

But most likely at least a VOIP of Team or None. If you don''t like hearing anyone, set to None. If it's just 1 or a few people in particular, just go to scoreboard and mute. Simple. No need to dictate that other's can't have voice chat because you don't like it.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    "Everyone flank right, only 2 people are guarding, free kills." Free kills gets people motivated

YES! There needs to be some sort of direction given, especially to new players.

I think the voice chat ideas wouldn’t really work though. If I found someone annoying I’d mute them... then I just defeated the whole purpose of voice chat. Plus with the amount of match-making problems, people drop. So every round you’d probably find someone new to mute haha

I think during the respawn screens, you should be able to see the map. There you could set your own targets of where you are going to attack or defend. And you’d be able to see your teammates targets as well. This way you would know “Okay we’ve got teammates on the right flank and down the middle, I’ll defend the left”. That would then group you with people who are doing the same thing (if there is anyone doing that at that point) because this 4-person squad system doesn’t really work. My team immediately splits off from each other and heads in their own direction. I also imagined that there would be a call for back-up button. You would show up on the respawn map until you are killed but let your team know this area is in trouble.

I’m not against the voice chat, I just don’t think everyone would use it

• grimmace2
    1073 posts Member

Exactly. This game is casual friendly. Need some private servers for the really intense, team-based coordinated games. Otherwise I don't want a 10-year-old kid telling me to flank left while they bum-rush the objective. This kid could be the next coming of Napoleon for all I know but as soon as I hear a high-pitched, prepubescent voice...I'm out. I would much rather not know that the ****kicking Rey, obliterating everything in front of her, that I'm blindly following in to battle just to watch the sheer awesomeness of her wake of destruction is, in fact, a 10-year-old kid sitting in their room and asking mom for more pizza rolls. Don't want to look behind the curtain if you know what I mean.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    "Everyone flank right, only 2 people are guarding, free kills." Free kills gets people motivated

YES! There needs to be some sort of direction given, especially to new players.

I think the voice chat ideas wouldn’t really work though. If I found someone annoying I’d mute them... then I just defeated the whole purpose of voice chat. Plus with the amount of match-making problems, people drop. So every round you’d probably find someone new to mute haha

I think during the respawn screens, you should be able to see the map. There you could set your own targets of where you are going to attack or defend. And you’d be able to see your teammates targets as well. This way you would know “Okay we’ve got teammates on the right flank and down the middle, I’ll defend the left”. That would then group you with people who are doing the same thing (if there is anyone doing that at that point) because this 4-person squad system doesn’t really work. My team immediately splits off from each other and heads in their own direction. I also imagined that there would be a call for back-up button. You would show up on the respawn map until you are killed but let your team know this area is in trouble.

grimmace2 wrote: »

Exactly. This game is casual friendly. Need some private servers for the really intense, team-based coordinated games. Otherwise I don't want a 10-year-old kid telling me to flank left while they bum-rush the objective. This kid could be the next coming of Napoleon for all I know but as soon as I hear a high-pitched, prepubescent voice...I'm out. I would much rather not know that the ****kicking Rey, obliterating everything in front of her, that I'm blindly following in to battle just to watch the sheer awesomeness of her wake of destruction is, in fact, a 10-year-old kid sitting in their room and asking mom for more pizza rolls. Don't want to look behind the curtain if you know what I mean.

if we have BF3 server browsers where you can earn XP and rank up and we can have admins run it and be able to kick players in party chat or without mics we could have those servers full. start making people buy mics. it would be awesome
  • Seems to me there is no defense in having a team based tactical game without voice chat.

Even if the default option was mute.
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Seems to me there is no defense in having a team based tactical game without voice chat.

Even if the default option was mute.

The games I play that have it are silent 90% of the time.

Of the occasional games where someone uses it, 1/2 are just music, people crying every time they die are another 1/4 (granted this can be fun to watch and listen to, especially when your team mate decides to counter snipe),people just abusing each other, and maybe 1 out of 20 people actually use it to coordinate
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I don’t think voice chat is necessary because of rangers,ranters,whiners,negative people etc.. if you want to chat with your squad invite all of them to a party,Discord,Skype and to your multiplayer group.