criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes vs Villains needs a fix

I'm so sick of beating up a player down to 50 health, and one of my teammates come in from nowhere and steals the kill, giving me the assist. There needs to be a feature where if you are responsible for getting a player's health weak enough for one more killing blow, you are the one credited with the kill.

Replies

• That’s your complaint about HvV? lol

:lol:
  • Of all the things being wrong with HvV, with the major point of the Dark Side having a significant advantage over the Light Side, you're upset that someone kills steals from you? Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, especially since the mechanics of this game favors the killer more than the player that did the most damage (Vehicle destroyed, Player killed, Objective score and more bonuses like that that's achieved when you kill someone or something), but HvV has far bigger problems than just rampant kill stealing.
  • seems the dark side always has the upper hand in that game mode, you hardly win on the light side
  • MC_XIX
    1163 posts Member
    moonalien wrote: »
    seems the dark side always has the upper hand in that game mode, you hardly win on the light side

Odd...I have the opposite experience. Whenever I'm on the light side, I almost always win thanks to Chewbacca's firepower and either Yoda or Finn's health buffs. The two sides are balanced if you ask me.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    moonalien wrote: »
    seems the dark side always has the upper hand in that game mode, you hardly win on the light side

Odd...I have the opposite experience. Whenever I'm on the light side, I almost always win thanks to Chewbacca's firepower and either Yoda or Finn's health buffs. The two sides are balanced if you ask me.

all depends who's playing then i guess, i play on xbone & most of the time the darkside wins!... after getting mowed down playing light side i wait to get revenge playing darkside then what happens? the opposing players all leave the game...mmm seems bit lobsided if you ask me...
  • Afrom3istwr
    857 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The darkside has a huge advantage in HvV. Iden is so broke in that mode. Her shock actually hits twice. Saber user have almost no shot at beating her. I've had matches where I've gotten 30+ eliminations with zero deaths. Even against coordinated teams, it's hard for them to kill me.

That doesn't even factor in the 1150 HP Vaders with 55% damage reduction, Boba's playing keep away with the jump pack, Kylo's freeze and Phasma's droid.

The only map where the light side has a clear advantage is Kashyyk. That's solely because of how easy it is to push people off the map.
    Post edited by Afrom3istwr on
  • Wow I think your first adult years will be hard
  • AustinAlpha315
    186 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Wow I think your first adult years will be hard

Actually, I think that the first few years of my adult life have been going along swimmingly, except for the few forum trolls here and there who are rude instead of even remotely helpful.
  • Gotta admit, it is dang annoying when a spinning Maul or infinitely confident Vader steals every kill you would otherwise make. Had a match as Boba the other night with 26 eliminations, 25 of them being assists. Came last because of it, even though I had the most eliminations and only 5 deaths lol.

Of course I'm sure I inadvertently do it to others plenty too. As long as we win!
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    I think HvV has far bigger issues than the problem with killstealing.
    Let's see:
    - Spawn system is garbage. Every hero (light and dark side) are spawning on the same location sometimes at the same time, plus sometimes you spawn where you died......that means, into the middle of an enemy hero lightsaber swing.
    - Constantly playing in games as 2v4 or 3v4
    - Constantly getting thrown into games on the loosing side with 3/10 or 4/10 points (played 5 games today every time thrown into lost games)
    - Stunlocking meele heroes. Once they hit you, you are dead.
    - Hero ballance. (Chewbacca, Boba, Maul, Vader, Rey dominating the games)
    - Stunfest of a game mode. Every hero has some stun or CC ability which makes the game sometimes only to a "spawn-get stunned-die-spawn-get stunned-die" endless cycle.
  • I'm so sick of beating up a player down to 50 health, and one of my teammates come in from nowhere and steals the kill, giving me the assist. There needs to be a feature where if you are responsible for getting a player's health weak enough for one more killing blow, you are the one credited with the kill.

Sounds like you prefer to not play as a team perhaps?
    Kill stealing in HvV?

Nah man, the goal is to be Victorious at the end, not have the most kills versus assists.
    I for one care not if I wound a player and someone else finishes him/her off. I still get credit for a kill.

HvV is suppose to be a team game, not an individual stat booster.
  • The way I see it, I’d rather get kill asists than constantly be wondering where my team is to back me up

This x1000! I don't know how many times I've been chasing the enemy's target while being chased by their entire team while my teammates are absolutely no where to be seen. It's even better when I'm the target, being chased by the enemy target and two other players while the other three guys on my team chase a non target character around until the enemies catch me or I just get bored of running.

I really enjoy the mode when the people involved understand the game and want to play it, but it is so easy for one or two people to ruin the fun for the rest of the lobby.