criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

People playing HvV......what is this?

Nihil
208 posts Member
I haven't played HvV since a very long time. I stoped playing it in dec. because it was full with AFK farmers and it was very unballanced.

But now that I came back and started to play a few games, i'm astonished.

People playing this game mode are total a$$holes.
(Sorry from the people who are not like that)
Everyone is always mocking other players in the team, even from the last position of the scoreboard.
And enemy team members are bullying and insulting the opponents.

What happend to this game? I thought Overwatch community is trash as hell, but now I see the same behavior here as well.

Would it be too much of a request to be nice to each other guys?

Replies

• I play hvv all the time (ps4) and never see this...a couple of emotes here or there but that is about it...just ignore it.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    Not to mention that the game mode is still unballanced as hell.
    Boba Fett still being OP as hell and dominating maps like Yavin and Endor with constantly staying on high ground unable to reach by any other hero. Plus that the ammount of CC abilities in this game is too damn high and is slowly becoming unfun.
  • Most of my HvV experiences have been fine - but then again, I have my settings so that only my friends can message me.

Then there was a night a couple of weeks ago when I landed on a really good team, and we won like 5-6 games in a row. I was in 3rd or 4th place on my team every match (but I was still playing pretty well), and I was having fun. The last match I played before signing off for the evening, we lost, and I received a friend request from someone on my team with an insulting message attached to it. Gee, sorry I'm the worst player on a good team, and we lost one freaking match. Get over yourself.

So now I have disabled friend requests as well.
    tumblr_ok3vbxE5Vm1w3bauvo1_540.gif
  • Lol..ignore it Blitz..do not let one bad experience ruin something
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    O.k also to mention a positive example...just had a game with awesome poeple in it.
    So let's praise these guys and how good it was to play with them.
    069hn0a1t30x.png
  • Lol..ignore it Blitz..do not let one bad experience ruin something

Oh, I've played plenty of HvV since then; it's probably my favorite online mode. I'm just not interested in receiving messages from random people.
    tumblr_ok3vbxE5Vm1w3bauvo1_540.gif
  • I wish people would send me mad messages lol wouldnt bother me at all, would make me laugh though
    "...let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be."
    source.gif
  • 2gxypzkr4ve0.gif
    Nursery school?
  • crying over emotes.......
  • JatFant
    444 posts Member
    OP forgot to mention that he is on PC, and there we have chat enable.

I noticed that kind of behavior also what he is telling.

Problem is a lot of kids with self-esteem problems that need to blame others for their miserable life.

Usually those players are the ones that are on the good teams and think that they are god on earth but they forget that this game mode is that most require from a player cause we have only 4 players on each side. If you are a good player and others arent helping and the other team is above average, there is nothing you can do.

What I do is a just keep the chat hidden the entire round.

I am playing a lot this mode to unlock all the cards for the heroes with randoms, if I see we are getting a fair round I keep it playing, if I see i am just gonna waste my time I just quit and look for other one without regret.

Also after I am finished with the unlocks I will only play this game mode with my friends that I know that play on same level as me.

• univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    hopefully they ban emoting in HvV. It's not 20 v 20. It's 4 v 4 @ 10-15min, haven't seen anything constructive from opponents emoting - after 1,300 hrs into this beast... it would be fun if emoting produced something positive but it never does. I know the emotes are supposed to be funny, but the game engine audio does that already, right..?

EDIT: One suggestion is to play early AM on your server. I see less chest beating in the morning. For what it's worth. People are more chill at dawn patrol I suppose...
    Post edited by univurshul on
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• alunguy
    582 posts Member
    JatFant wrote: »
    OP forgot to mention that he is on PC, and there we have chat enable.

I noticed that kind of behavior also what he is telling.

Problem is a lot of kids with self-esteem problems that need to blame others for their miserable life.

Usually those players are the ones that are on the good teams and think that they are god on earth but they forget that this game mode is that most require from a player cause we have only 4 players on each side. If you are a good player and others arent helping and the other team is above average, there is nothing you can do.

What I do is a just keep the chat hidden the entire round.

I am playing a lot this mode to unlock all the cards for the heroes with randoms, if I see we are getting a fair round I keep it playing, if I see i am just gonna waste my time I just quit and look for other one without regret.

Also after I am finished with the unlocks I will only play this game mode with my friends that I know that play on same level as me.

Yep you hit the nail on the head. I turned off in game chat as well. It's never me being insulted but it takes some of the fun out of the game when someone is having a temper tantrum in chat. It's also a problem to a lesser degree in Galactic Assault. There's really no need for it imo.
    I don't mind emotes and friendly banter at all, but people who verbally abuse other people over a game need to take a long look at themselves as to why they are really so angry.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    univurshul wrote: »
    hopefully they ban emoting in HvV. It's not 20 v 20. It's 4 v 4 @ 10-15min, haven't seen anything constructive from opponents emoting - after 1,300 hrs into this beast... it would be fun if emoting produced something positive but it never does. I know the emotes are supposed to be funny, but the game engine audio does that already, right..?

EDIT: One suggestion is to play early AM on your server. I see less chest beating in the morning. For what it's worth. People are more chill at dawn patrol I suppose...
    I kill emote sparingly... The people who emote after every single kill are only making it so that everyone goes after them, even if they aren't a target lol

fair enough...a little biased I guess. i Love every character, it's not so bad to take emotes from Vader as a defeated enemy but from Han seems to make his character look really cheap and d -bag ery. It just comes across super snarky instead of funny Star Wars. ..To be fair, Han's audio is an absolute riot when you're playing him :D So while DICE got a lot right with character audio, I'm on the fence with a lot of these emotes....
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    I play hvv all the time (ps4) and never see this...a couple of emotes here or there but that is about it...just ignore it.

• I think I've seen three emotes my entire time playing, across all modes. Not much of an issue for me. I think most people are focused on staying alive and hunting that next kill.
  • Are you getting upset at other players emoting you?

Besides the obvious i.e. grow a thick skin and don't react to it, remember that it isn't personal and they'll be doing it to everyone.

• univurshul wrote: »

I kill emote sparingly... The people who emote after every single kill are only making it so that everyone goes after them, even if they aren't a target lol

fair enough...a little biased I guess. i Love every character, it's not so bad to take emotes from Vader as a defeated enemy but from Han seems to make his character look really cheap and d -bag ery. It just comes across super snarky instead of funny Star Wars. ..To be fair, Han's audio is an absolute riot when you're playing him :D So while DICE got a lot right with character audio, I'm on the fence with a lot of these emotes....

Haha what??

Han was born to emote.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    I don't emote regularly, but if I can put a fairly funny one in after a kill which is either skillful or the other player came wading in for me and I beat them, can't beat some emotes. A particular favourite is to do the great kid... emote with Han. When I play as Han all saber users seem to come for miles around to kill me as they see him as the weakest character.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I only use the Han emote when he says "Great, kid. Don't get cocky" and gives the OK sign. Only use it on the 3 dark side lightsaber spammers who have tunnel vision when they see me.
    PS4 obviously doesn't have in-game chat so you won't know who is REALLY salty unless they DM you.
  • MC_XIX
    1505 posts Member
    Boba's emotes are too fitting not to use, so I use them pretty often. When I've chased down and killed a runaway Luke Skywalker who thought he could run off unchallenged, I just have to stand over him and say 'There's no escape from me...'. It's too tempting to resist. Don't take it personally; it's just a bit of fun. It's also fun to use emotes with your teammates too. There is a fun side to it :blush:
  • Jealyh
    111 posts Member
    Rey's "That was lucky" when Luke or Yoda force pushes someone towards their death while they're fighting me, and "You're a monster" when I kill Iden are my favourites.

Only other emote I use relatively often is Han's "That's two you owe me" whenever I headshot someone or blow them up to save a teammate in the last second.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    Ah sorry. What do they come out with like? Can you not just report them?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I don’t emote after kills to the opponent, but I often emote to my own team after a kill. For instance, as Boba I’ll turn around and look at Darth Maul after a kill, “There’s always room for one more.” Just stuff like that. One time I stood in front of Yoda as Luke, and told him that, “I will never turn to the Darkside.” He just looked up at me and then started attacking me lol. Much to learn I still have....
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Valn
    1 posts Member
    Even though I have never seen this happen, I don’t see as to why anyone should be upset on others performance in this game. There are no stats, and wins and losses don’t mean anything. That being said, everyone has a bad game here and there. Just play the game doing your best, and overall have fun doing it.
  • Salty community like in Battlefront 1, i love hate mails.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Yeah I don't know if EA is caring about his kind of behavior and if it is reportable or not.
    And sadly reporting is so annoying and takes long that I was just lazy.
    (Alt-Tab to origin - Search the player by name in the friend list - klick on it and in details - report.)

Dunno why isn't there an in-game reporting system.

• alunguy
    582 posts Member
    Nihil wrote: »

Yeah I don't know if EA is caring about his kind of behavior and if it is reportable or not.
    (Alt-Tab to origin - Search the player by name in the friend list - klick on it and in details - report.)

@Nihil During the game press Esc, then go to scoreboard and click on the players name. An origin tab will come up then click the report button in the tab and report. It only works while the match is still going though so you can't do it once it's ended.
  • Nihil
    208 posts Member

alunguy wrote: »

@Nihil During the game press Esc, then go to scoreboard and click on the players name. An origin tab will come up then click the report button in the tab and report. It only works while the match is still going though so you can't do it once it's ended.

Did they fix this? A few months back it wasn't working, and an error msg opened instead. But will give it a try again. THX :)
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »

Haha what??

Han was born to emote.

Couldn't disagree more. Solo was so good, he emoted BEFORE slaying, not after. So man up, emote-spammers and play like Solo did in the films.

giphy.gif

• JatFant
    444 posts Member

alunguy wrote: »

Did they fix this? A few months back it wasn't working, and an error msg opened instead. But will give it a try again. THX :)

Sometimes it will not load on the overlay, looks like its stuck for me, Just alt-tab and the profile will be there.
  • Spiito
    1648 posts Member
    It's not even just children who throw hate filled tantrums and berate others. There are middle aged men (& older) who are just as bad.

On console, I turned off receiving messages...
    Getting hate from various randoms didn't bother me so much. (Yeah, at times I suck. Thank you, Captain Obvious.)
    Getting hate from a (random) regular skilled player; who I strived to be like... (And eventually came to be on par with, or even surpass.) Was not cool. (They had no problem with me until I could best them... </3 It's true; "Never meet your heroes." )

I'm glad there is no open mic lobby for SWBF2(XB1)

Han Solo: We're gonna win.
    Qi'ra: It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can.
    9R8CmGh.gif
  • Nihil wrote: »
    O.k also to mention a positive example...just had a game with awesome poeple in it.
    So let's praise these guys and how good it was to play with them.
    069hn0a1t30x.png

I feel bad for James Ryan there... 112 other James Ryans all got to the name before he did.
  • Tesityr
    71 posts Member
    Humans are like this, and the more humans involved in something, the worse it gets.

WoW got like this, Overwatch got like this, Battlefield games get like this quickly. Any game gets like this when it becomes popular.

Just turn off Voice and Text chat and you'll have a nice game. Seriously. Do this in all games. Crank the music to enjoy it, or turn it off and hear the environmental effects; the bids, the wind, the different echo environmentals. Hear how the trees are swaying from the wind, how the animal calls echo when inside... A lot of work has gone into that stuff I enjoy it immensely when I play.