criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Jurassic World Evolution

A thread for discussion and news about Jurassic World Evolution, a successor to the great JPOG that is coming this June

Why should you buy this game? The answer is simple: Jeff

Alongside Jeff, many other cool things

image.png
image.png
image.png

An amazing trailer

Cool gameplay

Useful links:
PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
uruzea55jgr4.png

Replies

• I can't wait for this, I loved Operation Genesis back in the day on PC. It was one of my favorite games.

I've been hoping one day they would bring a bigger and better version to one of the consoles since 360 & PS3 released. Took awhile, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait on the current consoles! :+1:
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Vespervin
    686 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I am very excited for this game. I put many, many hours into Operation Genesis many years ago.

My only issue is that this time around I'll have to get it for Xbox, when I prefer these kind of games on the PC but I don't want to upgrade.

Edit: If you pre-order the game you get exclusive skins for the helicopter and the jeep. This makes me hope that you can unlock 'classic' skins for vehicles, so they look like the vehicles from the first park attempt (images below).

BmaID88.jpg?1
    1T7pLin.jpg?1
    Post edited by Vespervin on
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Glad it'll be on XB1. Might even take over as my main game depending on how much content is added to BF2 between now and June. It definitely looks fun and I am looking forward to letting some dinos loose to eat some people. :naughty: Glad that they brought Cool Jeff back to do the commentary as well. :smile:
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • The helicopter lifting the apatosaurus, very cool

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • RELIVE THE PAST
    The knights of Gareth will rule
    4e8cbce43c2fe3a660f5599efbe18e88-jpg.jpg?width=1200&height=450
  • hsf_
    1536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I love games like Cities Skylines and Planet Coaster, so I have been looking at this quite closely. However, like all games released by EA, I expect there to be something that goes horribly wrong, so I won't be purchasing it just yet.

What?! I'm sure I remember Dilophosaurus being smaller than that? Was there a discovery in the last 10 years or so which states otherwise?

Edit: Ok I found out why. Link
    in 2005 Tykoski found that most Dilophosaurus specimens known were juvenile individuals, with only the largest an adult, based on the level of coossification (fusion during bone tissue formation) of the bones. In 2005 Gay found no evidence of the sexual dimorphism suggested by Paul (but supposedly present in Copelophysis), and attributed the variation seen between Dilophosaurus specimens to individual variation and ontogeny (changes during growth). Though there was no dimorphism in the skeletons, he did not rule out that there could have been in the crests, though more data was needed to determine this. Based on the tiny nasal crests on a juvenile specimen, Yates had tentatively assigned to the related genus Dracovenator, he suggested that these would have grown larger as the animal became adult.

2nd Edit: Just realised it's not an EA game and it's being made by the guys who made Planet Coaster... I'm in! No idea why I thought it was an EA game.
    Post edited by hsf_ on
  • Frontier > DICE
    Frontier knows what the community wants
    RELIVE THE PAST
    The knights of Gareth will rule
    4e8cbce43c2fe3a660f5599efbe18e88-jpg.jpg?width=1200&height=450
  • hsf_
    1536 posts Member
    Frontier > DICE

Well... Optimisation aside I agree with you. Planet Coaster has biiiiiiiiiiiig optimisation issue's :expressionless:
  • Mastahpeece
    1830 posts Member
    Frontier > DICE

Frontier brings a better May 4th

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Really looking forward to this game.
  • Mastahpeece
    1830 posts Member
    Incredible!

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • WildSpace
    586 posts Member
    I personally can’t wait for this game. JPOG was one of my most played childhood games and it’s about time it’s gotten a successor. Plus Frontier is the perfect studio to develop it.
    I just hope for many Dino DLCs
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Mastahpeece
    1830 posts Member
    Link to the upcoming livestream of the full game in 3 days:

And our first look at the indominus was released earlier today
    image.jpg

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • With the game that has already come out

Who have played it, impressions?

I hope Soon I will buy this game
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

My brother bought it, and he really enjoys it. It is hard to please every single Dino though, and sometimes they just break out because they can. It is a complex game, that I don't really understand.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Despite a really bad review by IGN and some complaining on their forums, its a pretty good game. With the Jurassic franchise being right there close to Star Wars for me, I'm really having a lot of fun with it. I've actually given Battlefront 2 a break for a while which hasn't happened in a long time. The dinosaurs look amazing and its fun to figure out how you want to build your parks. The different islands are challenging especially when a storm hits and the power goes out. It can be chaotic when you have several Velociraptors and other carnivores escape and go on a rampage, but that's part of the challenge. I'm taking my time with it gradually unlocking new dinosaurs as I go along. It can be a grind at times but I like that kind of stuff where everything isn't just handed to you right away.

The game definitely has its flaws but Frontier Games has already said they're going to be releasing patches soon. They also said they'd release a "roadmap" for what's to come as far as new content. If you like the Jurassic World/Park movies and sim games is definitely a game to check out.

Was my birthday on the 8th so went ahead and bought it as a nice little present

My review:

Jeff

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • hsf_
    1536 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It's not bad, but it's very thin. If you were expecting a Jurassic World clone of Planet Coaster, or a remake of Operation Genesis - you won't be happy.

Potential is there to do something decent with it.

• So... I was very excited for this game however I have hardly played it since release. I was probably playing it for about thirty minutes during the first week, but I got tired and I turned it off. Since then I haven't even started it up again and I have no desire to. I don't know why, I just don't.

Which is weird because I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan, I love RTS-style games, and I put many hours into Operation Genesis.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • ^^^ I have to say the same man, I played it for a week, unlocked the dinosaurs I wanted, have no real interest to keep playing. Which is odd because I still have popped operation genesis in the ps2 , going on what, 12, 13 years and can still get into it.