criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hoth Leia Organa Appearance – A Second Chance

F8RGE
308 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 4
Incoming Transmission,

Recently there was a Weekend Challenge that upon completion, awarded you the Hoth Leia Organa Appearance. As part of the overall challenge, you were tasked to complete five rounds of Jetpack Cargo.

We heard feedback from the Community that five rounds had the potential to take a lot of time, and we agree. Because of this we know that many of you were unable to complete your challenge and earn the appearance.

Based on your feedback, we’ve made the decision to bring back the Hoth Leia Organa appearance for a special limited-time challenge, this coming weekend, starting April 5. This will allow for anyone that missed out the first time around, to have a second chance at unlocking this appearance.

Challenge Details
  • Earn 25,000 Battle Points
  • Defeat 10 Enemies while in a vehicle
  • Defeat 10 Enemies in Galactic Assault

If you managed to complete the challenge the last time around, you’re free to play through the new challenges but you will only earn credits for their completion.

As always, we thank you for your feedback and encourage you to continue sharing it with us.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Awesome. I managed to get the challenge but I will do it again just for the credits.

I hope the Starfighter Assault challenge can track correctly this time.
  • Very cool @F8RGE! Glad to see the dev team doing some nice things to help out the community, we appreciate it!
  • Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    You must have seen very few people completed the challenge to take this step. I had personally not completed the challenges because of the jetpack assault so this is appreciated. Does this mean we won't be seeing JPC return?
  • yup the jetpack deal was a nightmare. spent 45+ mins and no one made a cap. then 3 other matches was about 30 mins or so and only one was under 10 mins. it was like who got the first score other team just let them have the rest.

most of the time you killed someone for the runner only to have that person wait for the runner and kill them and you wait on them to get to the other side only to do what they just did.

Now it looks like people can get it this time around w/o the pain lol
  • You know a mode is to long when people start taking the package back to their own base. Just so they could end the game.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission,

Recently there was a Weekend Challenge that upon completion, awarded you the Hoth Leia Organa Appearance. As part of the overall challenge, you were tasked to complete five rounds of Jetpack Cargo.

We heard feedback from the Community that five rounds had the potential to take a lot of time, and we agree. Because of this we know that many of you were unable to complete your challenge and earn the appearance.

Based on your feedback, we’ve made the decision to bring back the Hoth Leia Organa appearance for a special limited-time challenge, this coming weekend, starting April 5. This will allow for anyone that missed out the first time around, to have a second chance at unlocking this appearance.

Challenge Details
    • Earn 25,000 Battle Points
    • Defeat 10 Enemies while in a vehicle
    • Defeat 10 Enemies in Galactic Assault

If you managed to complete the challenge the last time around, you’re free to play through the new challenges but you will only earn credits for their completion.

As always, we thank you for your feedback and encourage you to continue sharing it with us.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Sincerely, I appreciate this! I was out of town for work when the previous challenges were released, and wasn't able to return in time to complete them. Thanks for the 2nd chance!
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • @F8RGE Can you please make the challenge available to be completed in arcade? That would be very much appreciated!
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • Jarsh92
    33 posts Member
    Incoming Transmission,

[*] Defeat 10 Enemies while in a vehicle

[/list]

Star Wars has vehicles now........./facepalm
  • vVrathh
    195 posts Member
    All you really had to do DICE, was add a friggin timer to matches so they don't go on indefinitely.
  • @F8RGE can you do the same thing for the rodian appearance that would be nice I can only play on weekends so by the time got to play the challenge was gone

You are doing a great job with this community
  • That is great news!
    I suffered myself to get it, but glad others who have less masochistic tendencies can get it now too!

It is also telling of the Jet Pack Cargo mode, and I truly hope you take the time to fix it before bringing it back.
  • I am glad for those who missed out on Leia's Hoth skin. Personally, it only took me an hour to do the JPC milestone. I think the groups I was in lost JPC 4 out of the 5 times I played. Unfortunately, I missed out on Luke's Hoth skin, as I was very busy at the time, which makes me just a tad jealous. ;)
  • haddon
    23 posts Member
    I find it a pity that we have to go back to the game menu to change the skin for the heroes and also for the soldiers ... I hope that with the customization mode we will be able to change skin during a game at the moment of choose his character, as for weapons ... There will be other weapons to unlock for classes? Because for certine I find that the last to unlock its less interesting and see weaker ... For the officer for example
  • Sithmaga
    219 posts Member
    That is nice. I did accomplish the first challenge for Leia. Which was a pain but pulled it off.
    Two players on different teams....
    1 credit for join a game that ends.

b6vzww.jpg
  • Do you have to get all the points in a round?!
  • So... when the additional Leia challenge went live, I got rewarded with all the rewards for every part of it (maybe because I finished the last one, despite the gazillion hours of Jetpack Cargo?), simply by logging in. Yet the challenges themselves showed zero progress. After playing for a while, the progress filled up as expected.
    I'm not complaining or anything that you seem to give us the rewards before we put in the work - I had to go eight rounds of Starfighter Assault today just to get the necessary three rounds counted for the daily challenge, so that's a nice change of pace - but now I'm afraid it will break the game when I complete these already completed and rewarded challenges. I mean, it might fold spacetime onto itself or something. Any ideas?
  • I mean, it might fold spacetime onto itself or something. Any ideas?

That would be a feature, not a bug.

• cb042
    10 posts Member
    I think a second chance to get crates that didn't go quite as you planned is a great thing!

so.... for those of us who didn't get crates because we were shorted credits with the duplicate card bug, can we have a second chance to pick up those missing card levels?
  • cb042 wrote: »
    I think a second chance to get crates that didn't go quite as you planned is a great thing!

so.... for those of us who didn't get crates because we were shorted credits with the duplicate card bug, can we have a second chance to pick up those missing card levels?

That sounds like a great idea to me too B)
  • Jarsh92 wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission,

[/list]

On like two maps maybe. <sarcasm> But really if you focus on trying to get into a vehicle then you are not really playing the game which sucks the fun right out of it.
    Xbox Gamertag: RustyPapaRelic
  • F8RGE
    edited April 6
    flcnrelic wrote: »
    Jarsh92 wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission,

[/list]

On like two maps maybe. <sarcasm> But really if you focus on trying to get into a vehicle then you are not really playing the game which sucks the fun right out of it.

Starfighters are vehicles. Suggest jumping into SA.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    flcnrelic wrote: »
    Jarsh92 wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission,

[/list]

Starfighters are vehicles. Suggest jumping into SA.

I was going to point that out too. Works like a champ. Also... I feel like if you get the Hoth outfit twice instead of getting credits you should get the brass bikini. Just sayin'
  • Great! This is awesome. I missed my first chance because of school. Just got it yesterday. Thanks EA. Keep improving the game and making a better Battlefront II.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • F8RGE
    Wraith64 wrote: »
    I was going to point that out too. Works like a champ. Also... I feel like if you get the Hoth outfit twice instead of getting credits you should get the brass bikini. Just sayin'

Be a bit cold for Hoth.
  • n0ahg
    1 posts Member
    edited April 7
    Rogozhi wrote: »
    You must have seen very few people completed the challenge to take this step. I had personally not completed the challenges because of the jetpack assault so this is appreciated. Does this mean we won't be seeing JPC return?

I put up with Jetpack, annoying game mode, and got the reward so was a bit peaved when I noticed I already had this reward.

Since the patch the game is boring, log in take 500 credits, try a multi player game and notive clan tags beating everyone so drop out. Try again tomorrow for a game where you don't have 50% over powered OFFENSIVE officers!
  • Just a quick heads-up:
    I finished all the parts of the challenge again, since I felt obligated to do so after receiving the rewards in advance, and spacetime seems to be intact.
  • I missed the rewards the last time after starting a game of jpc on bespin and quitting 40mins later with the score 0-0, utterly ridiculous lol

Well done the devs for seeing this and giving people a 2nd chance
  • I tried starfighter assault to get vehicle credits for 10 kills, nothing awarded. Am I doing something wrong?
  • I figured it out!!
  • ItsYaBoi
    6 posts Member
    edited April 10
    Same Here Rodian’s Are My Favorite Alien From Star Wars And I Was Really Didsapointed When I Found Out I Missed The Challenge
  • Please do the same for Rodian skin and Han Solo.
  • Hello SWB2, i dont have this nice Rodianer skin i need it. (i love the skin) can we a second changse of this skin? Can the Rodian skin please be next?? Unfortunately, I have not made it to time to play, and now I'm annoying that I did not know that there is the skin only for a limited time. please dear SWB2 team gives us but a 2nd opportunity to get this skin multiplayer many thanks!
  • Please give a second chance for the hoth luke skin so that all the hoth skins are equally acquirable for those who weren't around to get the luke hoth skin.
    Thanks.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • I guess "limited time" availability is meaningless...
  • atam1
    12 posts Member
    edited April 18
    Please implement team balance first
    Is it your job to ignore the voices of many people?
    This problem has been said since the game release.

Do not ignore feedback.
    It is very unpleasant.

Please implement team balance before creating new content. It is the hope of many people.
    Please consider the order of work.

And you also ignore this comment.
This discussion has been closed.