criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why Are Spawn Doors Opening For Enemies?

Sgt_Fergus
2155 posts Member
edited April 2018
So on some maps, where teams spawn behind, if an enemy were to run in to those spawn areas and the door closes, they are stuck because it only opens for the team that spawns there. But I have seen some maps where yoda or rey can run in and spawn kill and run back out and the door opens for them even after it has fully closed and no one was there on our team to open in. Can anyone explain this how either certain heroes or sides can go into other players spawn points through doors and can run back out but other times that doesn't happen? Best example is Starkiller base last area for the FO near objective that is the holding cell. i have seen rey and yoda run on in to that area but yet when I tried with yoda on Kamino first phase into the CIS spawn but the door doesn't open once it closes. so are they doing something special to make the enemy teams door open and close when they want to so they can go into the enemies spawn or what?
Post edited by Sgt_Fergus on

Replies

• Thank god

"Fixed an issue where attackers could get into the defenders run up areas by updating the combat area and adding locked doors" - Release Notes - Night on Endor Update
  • Devlin21
    8294 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Thank god

"Fixed an issue where attackers could get into the defenders run up areas by updating the combat area and adding locked doors" - Release Notes - Night on Endor Update
    They need to fix the death star doors closing if you go out of bounds and they dont open back up. Is this the issue gettng fixed?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Thank god

They need to fix the death star doors closing if you go out of bounds and they dont open back up. Is this the issue gettng fixed?

its a mix. some doors were allowing enemy players would just run in and spawn kill without a teammate being nearby to open the door. and sometimes the doors would open, because your teammate was nearby to open it, and the enemy player, a lot of times a hero, would run in and spawn kill, and then, even though the door was closed, they could run up to it, the door would open and then would run out and lather rinse repeat. and then other times the door would close with the hero inside the player's spawn point, spawn kill but then the door wouldn't open. so there was 3 different things going on and it was super annoying.

Best example i can give was this youtube video i made for something completely separate. but if you go to 1 minute mark you will see the guy mention vader died "that's cannon he got stuck on the wrong side of a door." that is what happened the door he is zapping people through, his teammate that was vader ran through, door closed, and he couldn't leave and so died for being out of bounds. This was back when palpy was broken as you can tell by the title of the video lol