criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What happened to the Sentinel Class?

I remember when it was leaked back in late November online somewhere, but it just kind of faded into the darkness. Does anyone know if it was simply scrapped because they just couldn't figure out how to make it work (wouldn't be surprised) or if they pulled it to retool it, or just iced it?

Replies

• moondynemc
    1979 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Same deal as the leaked T-21 I guess. Got put on the back burner while they poured all resources in to the new progression system. Hopefully enough work was done on them before hand that we won't be waiting much longer.

I feel like the next content drop is probably going to be fairly hefty considering the amount of flak we've been giving them, and the amount of time that has passed. Didn't they say at one point that the team was twice the size of BF15's? And in BF15 six months in we'd had ~7 new map, 4 new weapons, ~8 new star cards, 2 new mode and 4 new heroes.
  • With all the stuff everyone is demanding, how easy do you think it is to get out this much stuff in the smallest timeframe possible?? Not only making the ideas work, but making sure they work correctly, that putting them in doesn't mess up something else's code and bug the heII out of it, and making sure it's something people wanted in any sort of way without making everything else obselete. This kind of thing takes a huge amount of time and effort.
  • RyanK388
    1090 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The MTX was their funding for new content and DLC

How can they make new stuff for no funding.?

• RyanK388 wrote: »

MTXs aren't the funding source of DLC, that's just what the companies want you to think.
    If a game is F2P then, yes, MTXs fund future content, but full-priced, AAA console games do not rely on MTXs to pay for future content because it's money made from the sales of the game and pre-assigned funds that pay for it.
    People really need to stop parroting the company line about MTXs. :(
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • With all the stuff everyone is demanding, how easy do you think it is to get out this much stuff in the smallest timeframe possible?? Not only making the ideas work, but making sure they work correctly, that putting them in doesn't mess up something else's code and bug the heII out of it, and making sure it's something people wanted in any sort of way without making everything else obselete. This kind of thing takes a huge amount of time and effort.

Not a fair complaint, considering that the information about the Sentinel class was leaked back in November, when the game had just been released. Which means they had been working on it prelaunch. Just a little frustrating to me for it to be so close but then just disappear.
  • It's just a leak. Could be any reason why they didn't include it yet. It's all speculation because we only receive the information 2nd hand (because it's a leak). Maybe it was just an idea that did not pass final quality control. Who knows. Anyone's guess could be right.
  • nas9091
    118 posts Member
    Completely forgot about the sentinel class, good shout.
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Time locked. Remember, back in Battlefront 2015 all Hutt Contracts from the Bespin reveal were not completely released until more than half a year later. It's done to save time and money on building new items, as well as trying to push that "live service" image.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • hsf_
    1540 posts Member
    RyanK388 wrote: »

You do realise that developers are contracted for the duration of the games development. Which means they get paid irrespective of whether there is paid DLC, pay to win MTX or free DLC. So I would imagine that the MTX reintroduction was strictly down to EA and/or Disney.
    The only people who don't get paid for "free" content, are the publishers and license holders.