criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Get the Falcon, and Stay alive!

Seronax
450 posts Member
Hi all!

I saw many threads about"hero ships are trash/weak/bad"posts, also its hard to get them but in this video i will show u how i get the falcon in less than 1 min and how i stay alive from phase one until the end of the game!

The Starcards what i Use are, Engine Upgrade(16% speed boost), Engine Heat Dissipator(10sec Afterburner), Wookiee engineering (20%dmg on spec modification)

Not a killing streak video, but its good tutorial how to get the falcon fast, staying alive and play the objective! I played super safe, even with that sometimes i had to do some manouvering to not die :D ( From 1:50 u can see a good escape flying :D )

3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Replies

• Nice flying!
  • Han himself said he had to make a lot of special modifications to make the ship fast so your mods sound proper to me!
  • Bahlam
    87 posts Member
    Nice clip. Try to do that on PC...
  • That is some fancy flying out there, lots to learn for others. Though I still think you can perform better by maximizing dps and killing more. In fact, I have engine upgrade card purpled and the difference is not that big, I swapped it for tuned lasers.
  • Bahlam wrote: »

Judging by the button prompts, that is on PC.

Nice video, OP!
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    K0rtess wrote: »
    That is some fancy flying out there, lots to learn for others. Though I still think you can perform better by maximizing dps and killing more. In fact, I have engine upgrade card purpled and the difference is not that big, I swapped it for tuned lasers.

Well all my cards are purp with Hans falcon so basicly every match i trying something new but since the teammates are generally avoid to help the falcon i use this"Hit and Run"build which performs pretty well! Afterburner+Enginee combo works togother nicely!
    Same build is really strong on Endor too when i can feed on the enemy ships nonstop. I might record a vid there too with this build! 40-50kills are pretty regular on Endor but the falcon isnt my best ship for making top kill records :D
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax
    450 posts Member
    K0rtess wrote: »
    That is some fancy flying out there, lots to learn for others. Though I still think you can perform better by maximizing dps and killing more. In fact, I have engine upgrade card purpled and the difference is not that big, I swapped it for tuned lasers.

Fondor isnt really good for killing records on the rebel side cause of the objectives but on Endor its a different story :D
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    That was great!
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Impressive flying. What do you use for starfighter sensitivity, if you don't mind me asking?
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    Impressive flying. What do you use for starfighter sensitivity, if you don't mind me asking?

20% i guess this is the standard for it !
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• You have good turn skill man but, honestly, nobody tried seriously to kill you in this game. In the games I play, the Falcon always has three or four guys behind trying to kill him and only thanks to his teammates can he survive. But however, you are a good player
  • You can absolutely stay alive for a round but that’s your enemy’s choice more than anything. If I decided to drop your Falcon you really don’t have the manoeuvrability to get away from a committed fighter or interceptor if it’s left unharried by your teammates.
  • hsf_
    1614 posts Member
    Seronax wrote: »
    Bahlam wrote: »

I am PC player :D :D

Owned. It should have been obvious that you were on PC, by the fact that your abilities required you to press Q, E and F.
  • Wish I could use a mouse on console. The accuracy is insanely different
  • rollind24
    5015 posts Member
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Wish I could use a mouse on console. The accuracy is insanely different

Yea I could tell by how the aiming reticle bounces around. Great flying though by the OP. Love seeing other SA videos.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • You have good turn skill man but, honestly, nobody tried seriously to kill you in this game. In the games I play, the Falcon always has three or four guys behind trying to kill him and only thanks to his teammates can he survive. But however, you are a good player

/agree
  • Will try out that build. If I was on the other side using Maul, you’d last precisely 4 seconds once I got on your tail while stealthed though ;)
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    You have good turn skill man but, honestly, nobody tried seriously to kill you in this game. In the games I play, the Falcon always has three or four guys behind trying to kill him and only thanks to his teammates can he survive. But however, you are a good player

True, they tried a few times just like at 1:50 2 TIE and Boba but i could run away cause they crashed while chasing me just like in the moves :D :D :D, plus i was out of their sight mainly, i didnt flyed open areas and use routes where ppl not usually fly :D I did the objs and hide. Avaragely i have rough matches like you too, but with this build its ez to escape if my foes are not Kylo or Vader.
    Will try out that build. If I was on the other side using Maul, you’d last precisely 4 seconds once I got on your tail while stealthed though ;)
    Yep I have a full purp Maul too, i know what u are talking about :) . If i dont find u first i'm done.

3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax
    450 posts Member
    Anyway guys Post your SA vids too if u want here, :D i would love to see some Falcon gameplay from others too!
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

:D
    Oh dear.
    You will fall, as all Jedi must.
  • TonysWarrior
    52 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    You have good turn skill man but, honestly, nobody tried seriously to kill you in this game. In the games I play, the Falcon always has three or four guys behind trying to kill him and only thanks to his teammates can he survive. But however, you are a good player

True, they tried a few times just like at 1:50 2 TIE and Boba but i could run away cause they crashed while chasing me just like in the moves :D :D :D, plus i was out of their sight mainly, i didnt flyed open areas and use routes where ppl not usually fly :D I did the objs and hide. Avaragely i have rough matches like you too, but with this build its ez to escape if my foes are not Kylo or Vader.
    Will try out that build. If I was on the other side using Maul, you’d last precisely 4 seconds once I got on your tail while stealthed though ;)
    Yep I have a full purp Maul too, i know what u are talking about :) . If i dont find u first i'm done.

I know what you mean, i use same tactic with Slave 1, but it's different. Slave 1 have seismic charge so i can kill the guys behind me by myself. If someone tried seriously to kill you on the Falcon, you can't do anything to stop him (if your enemy is a good player), you can only hope for the help of your teammates. Anyway you are really good player, of course.

P.S I'd just posted some video in another thread, if you want you can take a look to my Yt channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqvFs3wqJ--82lAjSZHy1g) you can find a couple of Playlist with only Starfighter's video.
  • Nice video, I really enjoyed. I'll try your playstile in my next Millenium Falcom try.
  • Nothing special. If you are playing against apes then ofc the Falcon can shine.

But in most of the games it is just a big xp pinata.
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    Silencer wrote: »
    Nothing special. If you are playing against apes then ofc the Falcon can shine.

But in most of the games it is just a big xp pinata.

Indeed. But somehow 80% i always manage to not die with her :D Ofc maps with open areas like Ryloth its pretty hard to stay alive without team help, but Fondor and Endor there are many escape routs where most of your foes will die while chasing u, but yea every falcon player need plotshield to survive :D :D :D
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Tallround75
    115 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for pointing out this falcon build. I’ve got it up to 2 purples (just getting the last afterburner upgrade tonight) and I can say it’s a lot more survivable than an offensive build.

I had a little play on the same part of the same map as your video and was able to survive indefinitely as well. As long as you stay out of the open and have somewhere to break los when needed, it works really well. Being able to stop quickly and change direction prevents a lot of collisions too.

I’m starting to put engine speed as my defensive card on other hero builds too. It seems more effective than elite pilot against long range sniping and has certain advantages in close too.

Wondering if switching Wookie Engineering to reduce healing delay would make this a good counter-fighter/villain ship when playing defence.
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Wondering if switching Wookie Engineering to reduce healing delay would make this a good counter-fighter/villain ship when playing defence.

The Heal regen card doesnt feel strong to me, but u can give a try!
    Nowdays i always go with Afterburner and Speedboost, plus 20% HP.
    In the video its a bit riskier build, More dmg but 20% less hp. If we think it means 2.4k hp its a lot :D

Fondor, Endor, Kamino, Dqar are really strong map for the Falcon. I like Fondor and Dqar the most with her

3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax wrote: »

In the video its a bit riskier build, More dmg but 20% less hp. If we think it means 2.4k hp its a lot :D

Fondor, Endor, Kamino, Dqar are really strong map for the Falcon. I like Fondor and Dqar the most with her

Ok I have one thing. The speedboost is nice, but the afterburner does the job really good by itself an having it on cooldown really fast should be very viable.

I was thinking Afterburner, Faster Health regen + 1 damage starcard. What do you think about that?
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    McPlebster wrote: »
    Ok I have one thing. The speedboost is nice, but the afterburner does the job really good by itself an having it on cooldown really fast should be very viable.

I was thinking Afterburner, Faster Health regen + 1 damage starcard. What do you think about that?

Give a try! I used the regen card with Maul but somehow that card would be good as a 4th card or"trait card", but maybe u will figure out something better than i did !

3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Give a try! I used the regen card with Maul but somehow that card would be good as a 4th card or"trait card", but maybe u will figure out something better than i did !

Yes I figured out that only take aim at your Friendly spawn and boost and you can outrun most ships in the game. Only if you have a squadron of Ties after you :D.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member

Health Regen, Bonus Health, Higher Damage Output. Stay alive, demolish anyone in your way.
    Psn: Jello770

Yep, agree with the maps. Played solo for 3 rebel rounds in a row last night, no deaths.

Endor was fun, I basically owned the middle section of the map between the star destroyer and objectives, killing fighters in the clear. Get to 1/2 health and run into the clutter for a few seconds then come back.

How could you not notice that this was pc?
  • Tallround75
    115 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Had a big long play around with builds in arcade yesterday then took the best one online. The best variant of this for Xbox players is to use Gunslinger Accuracy rather than Wookiee Engineering.

It gives a massive improvement to hitting fighters with twitchy Xbox controls but obviously sacrifices burst damage. The speed upgrades are still great. Rather than having 4 or 5 people on my tail constantly, I now only get one or two and I can lose then around obstacles a lot better.

Great build, thanks.
  • To me Yoda's Starfighter is the best.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    Yoda and Tallie are great for killing enemies while playing Defense. I played a lot of Yoda recently to get him up to level 25. His guns slice through enemies and his ship is a really small, agile target. Poe is pretty good too, and is also a more survivable craft, though a bigger and less maneuverable target.

The Falcons excel at dealing damage to Objectives. In my opinion, once an enemy pushes a Falcon off of the Objective, that Falcon is useless to his team. I prefer to simply hound them until they're dead, but pushing them off of the Objective is often times enough to render them combat ineffective.

And let's be honest here, there is no such thing as a Falcon pilot that can lose a determined enemy in a Fighter. Anywhere the Falcon can go, a Fighter can go. The Falcon doesn't have the speed to out-run a Fighter either. The better move is to lead the enemy into a group of friendlies and let your teammates clear them.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    I don't know much about PC. Nice flying there.
    I am on PS4. I will say once someone is determined to take out the Falcon, and your teammates don't help, you won't last long.
    If the enemy team does not mess with you though, or your teammates actually come to your defense, you can do very well in the Falcon.
    I actually went an entire 3/4 of a match in it on Fondor and survived this past weekend.
    Was surprised...

I have to admit, once I see a hero, especially if I am in an interceptor, they do not usually last very long.
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    LeftTurnus wrote: »
    I actually went an entire 3/4 of a match in it on Fondor and survived this past weekend.
    Nice.
    Did you spend any time in the Falcon below the Objectives shooting up at them?
    When I get the Falcon on that map during phase 2, I spend most of my time down there shooting up at the Objectives instead of running the tunnel and taking fire. Sometimes I'll even go down there in a fighter or Interceptor a bit early and destroy some of the turrets.

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs