criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can we please improve the chat interface?

Blazur
4461 posts Member
When you're dead the kill dialog superimposes the chat interface. This is such an impediment to discussion, and takes so much entertainment out of the game. Please overlap the chat on top of the kill dialog, or consider moving the kill dialog to the left above the respawn screen. I don't know how you couldn't have anticipated this as poor UX.

Thanks.
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• Blazur wrote: »
    When you're dead the kill dialog superimposes the chat interface. This is such an impediment to discussion, and takes so much entertainment out of the game. Please overlap the chat on top of the kill dialog, or consider moving the kill dialog to the left above the respawn screen. I don't know how you couldn't have anticipated this as poor UX.

Thanks.

I agree, (this is a PC issue) - the ENORMOUS box showing the star cards of the person that killed you completely covers the chat. I’m sure this was intentional when EA wanted everyone to buy upgrades, but with the new progression system there is no reason for this awful interface to persist.
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Also, why is there always a delay when typing? At least on the PC. I always end up omitting the first character because there seems to be a delay from when the chat interface appears and when characters are inputted.
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Another thing which really irks me is we can't chat after the round ends. You're taking away the opportunity to say "GG", compliment the other team, or talk smack.

Please improve the social aspect to this game to make it feel less like we're playing with robots.
  • On PC the chatlog always goes back to PopUp setting and I constantly have to change it to Show.

Of course we wouldn't need the chat log if there was voice in the game. Which there should be considering its 2018...
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Blazur wrote: »
    Another thing which really irks me is we can't chat after the round ends. You're taking away the opportunity to say "GG", compliment the other team, or talk smack.

Please improve the social aspect to this game to make it feel less like we're playing with robots.

I too miss hearing how “Intimately other random players know my mother”. :lol:

But you’re absolutely right, would be nice to say “GG/Smack talk” between rounds/after games.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    ...or block all incoming comms. IMHO Game players better when hatred hits a firewall ;)

Sometimes I'll multitask and listen to news/financial markets while slaying my way to the top of SA. I salute you if you can get a convo in during the lobby wait #skillz..
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...