criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Sentry variants and damage to walkers

I don't play a lot of heavy but do enjoy using heavy on "attack the walker" phases. I'm wondering which sentry variant produces the most damage during a single ion disruptor cycle. The regular sentry lasts longer than the disruptor cycle so I wondered if supercharged or explosive was a better option for max damage. I don't typically fire sentry at infantry.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• RyanK388
    1556 posts Member
    It’s up there for either normal sentry and supercharged sentry that deal the most damage

I’m still feeling that mobile sentry kinda sucks, and we’d be better off with a ion charged sentury
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    It’s up there for either normal sentry and supercharged sentry that deal the most damage

I’m still feeling that mobile sentry kinda sucks, and we’d be better off with a ion charged sentury

Or, what if Mobile Sentry fired Ion Bolts instead, as well as the speed bonus?
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I think the best option is supercherged, and when it expires, go on with the dc with explosive shots. 1000 points at least
  • One more thing, is there a weak spot on the walker/MTT like BF2015 or does it not matter where you shoot it?
  • Why not use ion shot on the 10K?
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited April 2018
  • Explosive sentry is the best.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    I think the best option is supercherged, and when it expires, go on with the dc with explosive shots. 1000 points at least

Best option is by far explosive sentry currently... in the video above the first walker hit yields 2.5k points, and then second is over 3k... no other sentry even comes close currently in point generation to explosive sentry. It gets even crazier if you can chain hit walkers with disrupters, you can get 6k points from a single full duration explosive sentry if you can connect hits to multiple disruptions.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I think the best option is supercherged, and when it expires, go on with the dc with explosive shots. 1000 points at least

Best option is by far explosive sentry currently... in the video above the first walker hit yields 2.5k points, and then second is over 3k... no other sentry even comes close currently in point generation to explosive sentry. It gets even crazier if you can chain hit walkers with disrupters, you can get 6k points from a single full duration explosive sentry if you can connect hits to multiple disruptions.

Yup with 2x you get insta hero.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Ah, thanks! I don't know why but I was sure that the explosive was less rewarding. I will change to it then
  • Actually this morning I tried different sentrys and I still think that supercharged + explosive dc is better than explosive sentry, at least at long range. Probably the explosive sentry is better at close distance
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Actually this morning I tried different sentrys and I still think that supercharged + explosive dc is better than explosive sentry, at least at long range. Probably the explosive sentry is better at close distance

Well it is pretty easy to tell... record a video of your point generation with that build and post it up... in my experience the 3k+ BP per vulnerability cycle with explosive sentry can't be beat, but I am happy to be proved wrong.
  • I'm going to try out explosive sentry in my next game. Thanks guys.
    Actually this morning I tried different sentrys and I still think that supercharged + explosive dc is better than explosive sentry, at least at long range. Probably the explosive sentry is better at close distance

Well it is pretty easy to tell... record a video of your point generation with that build and post it up... in my experience the 3k+ BP per vulnerability cycle with explosive sentry can't be beat, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Just try it if you want, I don't feel the urge to prove it
  • One more thing, is there a weak spot on the walker/MTT like BF2015 or does it not matter where you shoot it?

I don't know for sure but I always aim for the neck. I still have old instincts from 05 BF2.
  • Didn't get to play much last night but had one match on Crait... AT-M6 downed in phase 1. Explosive Sentry FTW!