criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Game Play Lag PS4 vs Xbox Server] Why are Xbox streamers so much smoother?

Specifically, anarchyninja, he's on Xbox. I watch his play and his games are smooth as hell. I looked at others and they were all very smooth also. Then I watch the PS4 streamers and none of them are having the same results. More like me. Glitchy, laggy. I have only once in my months of playing on PS4 experienced the level of smoothness I see in most of his streams. It was at 6 am on a Thursday morning. :( Weekends are the worst, suggesting that volume is the issue, which only EA/Dice can fix.

I even upgraded my Xfinity modem and made sure port forwarding was on.

Why is the Xbox dedicated server experience seemingly so much better? Is it just a much lower volume of players?

I want to continue this game, but my fatigue level is such that I'm just kinda backing away because the games are so unreliable. Please tell me I'm not crazy. New content? Great. Will Obi Wan also rubber band around and die during lag? I don't care.

Replies

• Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    There is literally another thread just above this where someone on Xbox is complaining about lag.

I don't know what it is with this game and the last. I literally upgraded my router because I thought I had a serious problem with my network. Turns out it's just the game.
  • My bad. I guess it is what it is. Suck. And oddly, his stream remains great, despite his screen now shows a constant "your connection is not great" from BF2, but he still has better average. I never see a connection issue with the server and it still sucks.
  • Specifically, anarchyninja, he's on Xbox. I watch his play and his games are smooth as ****. I looked at others and they were all very smooth also. Then I watch the PS4 streamers and none of them are having the same results. More like me. Glitchy, laggy. I have only once in my months of playing on PS4 experienced the level of smoothness I see in most of his streams. It was at 6 am on a Thursday morning. :( Weekends are the worst, suggesting that volume is the issue, which only EA/Dice can fix.

I even upgraded my Xfinity modem and made sure port forwarding was on.

Why is the Xbox dedicated server experience seemingly so much better? Is it just a much lower volume of players?

I want to continue this game, but my fatigue level is such that I'm just kinda backing away because the games are so unreliable. Please tell me I'm not crazy. New content? Great. Will Obi Wan also rubber band around and die during lag? I don't care.

There's alot of stuff u can do to tweak your internet connection. Do some research.

• There's alot of stuff u can do to tweak your internet connection. Do some research.

I've set the game mode on my TV for lower latency, I've port forwarded my brand new xfinity router, and my latency to the server is 32 ms with 250 m/s download. I'd love to know what other magical tricks you suggest.

Because a slew of people continue to have super lag issues for this game and this game alone. No, seriously. Tell me!
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2155 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    i do experience lag on xbox but i also stream and i do notice this. i think its because they had so many servers planned out and when the pop died out there were more servers available then there are actually being used so we keep getting the best quality connection to server. you always noticed on launch days for games there is always a high number of lag and server crashing and its because so many people are trying to connect from long distances but the servers are so abundant in Xbox i feel that we are getting the more readily available one that has the best connection. I was able to stream for 2 to 3 hours with barely any lag.

I uploaded the gameplay of both on launch day