criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

We Want Space Battle Mode - Keep this Thread Going Like Conquest

It was the 2nd most popular game mode next to Conquest back in the original SWBF2. It was an open map like Conquest but in space. Once we get Conquest, this needs to be the next mode they need to put in

"Now hear this all hands man your battlestations"

3 major reasons for, just like Conquest:
Higher Replayability
Star Wars Like Space Battles
More Starfighter Combat

Starfighter Assault is like Galactic assault where it's attackers vs defenders on a 3 phase object, GA sometimes has a 4th phase. But Space Battles you are attacking the enemy flagship while defending your own. Even boarding parties attacking the ship from the inside and Frigates defending the flag ship. For those wondering what Space Assault looked like, here it is.

PS Hope @Ahsoka_Tano don't mind I'm using the same style to keep this thread going.

Replies

• I like that idea. I am a vetran of SWBF II made by "Pandemic" for the X Box console and remember playijng space assult. if there are any other vetrans of that game out there they will undoubtedly recognise me from my having been in position #3 for the over all assult leader board.... I was the highest ranked player who still played the game when service was discontinued. Interceptor, fighter and bomber class ships as well as a type of shuttle/landing craft which had a piolet 3 gunner seats and could hold another 6 players or ai, and could be flown into the hanger of the enemy ship and landed where your team is able to use it as a spawn point..... those were the days.
  • I like that idea. I am a vetran of SWBF II made by "Pandemic" for the X Box console and remember playijng space assult. if there are any other vetrans of that game out there they will undoubtedly recognise me from my having been in position #3 for the over all assult leader board.... I was the highest ranked player who still played the game when service was discontinued. Interceptor, fighter and bomber class ships as well as a type of shuttle/landing craft which had a piolet 3 gunner seats and could hold another 6 players or ai, and could be flown into the hanger of the enemy ship and landed where your team is able to use it as a spawn point..... those were the days.

I didn't ever look at leaderboard but i was entertained by both the space assault battles and galactic conquest and so i really both both make a return.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    It's official, it has now been confirmed, along with Galactic Conquest as of 6/9/18