criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Defender upgrade bug...

I thought restarting my ps4 would help but it hasnt. Cant upgrade my defender card to purple... Please fix. j8pek8s5onwh.jpg

Replies

• Can't tell by the screenshot but is your Heavy rank 37 or higher?
    In the new system you can't upgrade a card to Epic until that unit's rank is at a certain threshold. I believe the troopers is Rank 37.

If it is, then hopefully EA can help.

• You're not high enough level
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    Looks like his heavy is L45 from the top left of the pic.

OP, you may need to wait a day or two and try again. I had a couple of heavy cards do the same thing before the progression patch. I couldn't take them above green. A couple days later it let me with no issue.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    Looks like his heavy is L45 from the top left of the pic.

OP, you may need to wait a day or two and try again. I had a couple of heavy cards do the same thing before the progression patch. I couldn't take them above green. A couple days later it let me with no issue.

You're right. Probably just needs to close everything out and reopen.

• same for me...the only card that i can't fully upgrade
  • I had no problems with my heavy all purple lv70
    But just then i got my office to lv 70 so i thought i should turn all cards purple
    2 skill points left and i can't lv up Homing shot stuck on greenq35a1xo1a5ta.jpg
  • TheScape
    2208 posts Member
    I had the same problem. I think I solved it just closing the game and opening it again. Anyways it is a bug.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • MWB33
    1381 posts Member
    I had no problems with my heavy all purple lv70
    But just then i got my office to lv 70 so i thought i should turn all cards purple
    2 skill points left and i can't lv up Homing shot stuck on greenq35a1xo1a5ta.jpg

I was trying to upgrade the detonite and something else back in Jan/Feb. I had a couple thousand CPs, and was in the mid-30s for rank. It just would not let me upgrade the cards above green. I shut down for the night and didn't think about it when I logged in the following day. I think it was the day after that I remember and went in to check...it let me upgrade both. Hopefully you & OP have the same experience.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.

I was trying to upgrade the detonite and something else back in Jan/Feb. I had a couple thousand CPs, and was in the mid-30s for rank. It just would not let me upgrade the cards above green. I shut down for the night and didn't think about it when I logged in the following day. I think it was the day after that I remember and went in to check...it let me upgrade both. Hopefully you & OP have the same experience.

All good now

I closed the game then restarted it a b it later on and it works now

So thanks to everyone who helps people in this game constructively
  • Happened to me too. Defender and detonite cards. A reboot fixed it.

All good now

I closed the game then restarted it a b it later on and it works now

So thanks to everyone who helps people in this game constructively

Right on mate.

On PS4 if you leave the application open and go to another application it tends to cause problems. You've got to close it out.