criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Speeder Bike controls & collision detection needs improvement

I really enjoy using the speeder bike on Endor and it's satisfying to get kills with it. Unfortunately the lagginess and collision detection is what's ruining the experience for me. Take note my internet is smooth, the game is what's causing the lag. First off when I simply move in a straight line, the speeder bike just lags all over the place and usually when going between trees I end up taking damage. The other issue is just how clumsy turning simply is. Sometimes when I try to go in reverse to turn in another direction, I get stuck as if I'm trying to turn between a whole bunch of obstacles when there's clearly enough space so that makes no sense. As a result of this, it's easy to get killed just because I couldn't turn around fast enough to save myself. Although the speeder bike is only 200 battle points, I wanna feel like I'm doing something with it and not just become a waste of points and time. The control might need improvement somehow, especially turning while stationary, but the collision detection needs to be fixed to cause less lag.

Replies

• zarra
    43 posts Member
    I really enjoy using the speeder bike on Endor and it's satisfying to get kills with it. Unfortunately the lagginess and collision detection is what's ruining the experience for me. Take note my internet is smooth, the game is what's causing the lag. First off when I simply move in a straight line, the speeder bike just lags all over the place and usually when going between trees I end up taking damage. The other issue is just how clumsy turning simply is. Sometimes when I try to go in reverse to turn in another direction, I get stuck as if I'm trying to turn between a whole bunch of obstacles when there's clearly enough space so that makes no sense. As a result of this, it's easy to get killed just because I couldn't turn around fast enough to save myself. Although the speeder bike is only 200 battle points, I wanna feel like I'm doing something with it and not just become a waste of points and time. The control might need improvement somehow, especially turning while stationary, but the collision detection needs to be fixed to cause less lag.

I agree 100%. Really good description of the overall lagginess and unresponsiveness of the speeder bike navigation. The speeder bike was one of my favorite vehicles in SWBF1 and those controls were much better. I would also add that the aiming of the main gun needs tweaking since you cannot point the gun in a downward direction easily to be able to hit an enemy, instead you usually will shoot over their heads.
    Zarra