criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Game constantly freezing at main menu

Thought I'd boot up the game today to unlock the Patience You Must Have achievement finally. But, the game keeps crashing a few seconds after booting into the main menu. I have cleared my cache and restarted my Xbox. Still does the same thing. Any advice?

Replies

• SimoHayha
    34 posts Member
    edited April 13
    No, but it's happening to me and others that I know.
  • SimoHayha wrote: »
    No, but it's happening to me and others that I know.

Cool, a bit of a relief to know that it's not necessarily my console or install acting up. Maybe the EA servers are messing up.
  • It's doing that to everybody. EA needs to fix this asap.
  • The game forces a quit to Home, quite a few group members reporting the same problem, basically right after you sign in.

Someone please fix this, as it's multiplayer only, we kinda need the server's alive.

• F8RGE
    308 posts EA Community Manager
    We're currently investigating some issues on Xbox. We'll keep you posted. Just wanted to let you know that we are aware.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    We're currently investigating some issues on Xbox. We'll keep you posted. Just wanted to let you know that we are aware.

Good to know.

Glad to hear. Thanks for letting us know. Looking forward to having it working again!

It completely froze for me last night as well. I just now worked for about 45 mins and then it just not froze and crashed. Again. I was on chat with EA support for 4 hours yesterday and I even deleted my saves and re-installed the game twice. I hope this is fixed soon.
  • Sasquott
    53 posts Member
    edited April 16
    I'm now getting a similar crash in SWBF2, going into top menu (social Hub) to see what my friends are playing, just freezes and quits to home, but oddly I can still find games in main Play, multiplayer menu (eventually, but takes a while)

These two different crashes seem related somehow
    Post edited by Sasquott on

I and others I play Battlefront (2015 release) with have had EXACTLY the same problem:
    Main lobby menu starts up, then freezes, then the screen briefly goes black and I am booted back to my xbox home screen. No recommended "fixes" work.
    There is NO INFO about this particular problem on the web except for the this vague forum response. There is plenty of internet chatter about the recent BF2 startup problems, but we need help getting BF1 to work. (Wouldn't surprise me if the 2 issues are related.)
    It's been a week, and the problem still persists. No disrespect intended, and thanks to F8RGE for caring enough to respond at all, but out of frustration I must ask,
    PLEASE can someone give us some USEFUL info about what is going on to FIX the problem?
  • EeeCh00ta wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

I and others I play Battlefront (2015 release) with have had EXACTLY the same problem:
    Main lobby menu starts up, then freezes, then the screen briefly goes black and I am booted back to my xbox home screen. No recommended "fixes" work.
    There is NO INFO about this particular problem on the web except for the this vague forum response. There is plenty of internet chatter about the recent BF2 startup problems, but we need help getting BF1 to work. (Wouldn't surprise me if the 2 issues are related.)
    It's been a week, and the problem still persists. No disrespect intended, and thanks to F8RGE for caring enough to respond at all, but out of frustration I must ask,
    PLEASE can someone give us some USEFUL info about what is going on to FIX the problem?

Yep i'm having the same issue. I've played this game since 2015 and never had this problem until now. EA tech support said they would get back to me in a few days after submitting the problem to the higher ups. No response yet...
  • banner
    36 posts Member
    im having the same issues and others i play with to are i just found out. wished i'd of checked on here before i uninstalled and it brought it again! i thought it was just a fault with my game! i uninstalled it once then reinstalled it and still didnt work, so i thought it was just a fault with my copy so i uninstalled it then brought it again! i love bf 1 so i had to have it and strange thing was it worked last night after i downloaded it, but then today it freezes again! i wasted cash that i dont have! thanks EA! you could put out a message or something!
  • Im on ps4 and it will freeze on a black screen if i leave a match
    The dangerous special forces of the Knights of Gareth

• I have been having the same issue. It is very frustrating to wait an hour for a turning point match to begin and then get kicked after one game. Fix your game EA.
  • Btw, this seems only be a problem in the USA, as I have xbox friends who live overseas who tell me it works for them just fine. WTH EA?!
  • JediMusuta
    126 posts Member
    edited April 17
    It’s been doing this freeze for days now. It freezes and quits as soon as it connects to EA servers. What’s going on? I can’t even play Battlefront One, now.
    I have an Xbox One X. Is it happening to guys with the regular and the S too, or just Xbox One X’s?
  • This is not just a USA problem, I'm in UK and having the same problem. It could be local server related, sure, but as there were also multiplayer issues in SWBF2, I suspect this is a larger problem for Dice/EA to trace and fix. But let's not wait 4month for a patch, eh? ?
  • A3ONIC
    11 posts Member
    Yep same thing here, I play Battlefront (2015) on my Xbox and as soon as it connects to EA servers it freezes and crashes. I have tried 10 times and same result every time. I even deleted and redownloaded it with the same result.
    EA, please even though you no longer make money on the game, remember that you did make money off of us at one point and we expect to at least be able to play it! You owe it to us to patch it!
  • I'm in Brazil and having the same problem, six friends of me as well.

@F8RGE Any word on a fix yet? This has gone on for several days now
  • These problems just started for me today and I hate it please figure something out soon.
  • Oddly enough I was able to play using a 4G connection, no problems at all, switched back to regular broadband, booted to home on connection to EA while loading top social menu.

So is it local server related? Seems that central Europe are still playing but UK/Ireland can't

Oh, and EA/DICE , you need to fix this, after your last update for SWBF2, not a single friend wants to play it any more!
  • Mine has been crashing back to home screen whenever you go to the Social Hub for exactly 7 days now, the update yesterday has not improved the issue.
  • I got a fix for this! I messaged them through the Facebook page and this is what they told me..

That would match the issue that we are investigating. I would ask if you know your Gamertag account login details to please try these steps to see if it will help:

Please follow the steps on this page https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults to complete a Factory reset of the console but select the option " Reset and keep my games & apps" . It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. Once complete please try the game again. -Marty, EAHelp Team

I did it and the game now loads and plays.
  • LtStafdady wrote: »
    I got a fix for this! I messaged them through the Facebook page and this is what they told me..

That would match the issue that we are investigating. I would ask if you know your Gamertag account login details to please try these steps to see if it will help:

Please follow the steps on this page https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults to complete a Factory reset of the console but select the option " Reset and keep my games & apps" . It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. Once complete please try the game again. -Marty, EAHelp Team

A few people above have tried this already and it does not work. Every other game works fine online. This is a Battlefront and EA server issue, not an Xbox Live issue.
  • LtStafdady
    16 posts Member
    edited April 19
    tuhin94 wrote: »

A few people above have tried this already and it does not work. Every other game works fine online. This is a Battlefront and EA server issue, not an Xbox Live issue.

You're right, it's not an Xbox live issue, something corrupted somewhere. I've been trying for days, re-installed the game and nothing worked.

I reset my console, not the turn off and on reset, but factory reset like the EA guy said, choosing to keep my games and apps like it says, and it worked for me.

I had to do the initial setup on the console again and add my account to the console again, but it fixed paying the game.

I didn't see anybody above say they did this factory reset..
  • Did you do the reset where it erases everything? Or did you do the reset where you "keep your games and apps"?
  • EeeCh00ta wrote: »
    Did you do the reset where it erases everything? Or did you do the reset where you "keep your games and apps"?

The reset where I keep my games and apps
  • EeeCh00ta
    9 posts Member
    edited April 19

Yea I re-read your post to find out. Thanx for responding tho.
  • Yea. This fix doesn't work. You just got lucky.
  • Really? That's strange. Well, I've gotten a couple rounds in so I'll repost if it messes up again, hopefully not. Good luck to everyone else
  • This is what i was told to do to fix the issue and it worked for me.

From the Home screen, select My games & apps.
    1. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
    2. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
    3. You will be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
    4 Delete from console and the cloud.

Then please clear the cache as follows

1. Power down your console
    2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console.
    3. Wait for about 2 minutes
    4. Plug the power cable into the back of the console
    5.Wait for the power brick to go from a white light to an orange light
    6. Turn the power on

• You got lucky. Ive been repeatedly doing every fix suggestion given and none of them work. This is clearly a problem on EA's end. They wont admit it or do anything about it tho.
  • retroguynick
    4 posts Member
    edited April 20
    LtStafdady wrote: »
    I got a fix for this! I messaged them through the Facebook page and this is what they told me..

LtStafdady wrote: »

Didnt work for me, desperate so will try anything after 8 days of not being able to play with friends, but ultimately this was just another half hour lost to this horrendous bug.
    Post edited by retroguynick on
  • retroguynick
    4 posts Member
    edited April 20
    Changing profile picture doesnt work, resetting xbox to factory settings doesnt work.

The only “workaround” is looking for Galactic Assault and whilst the map is loading, invite friend to game by xbox home screen, if you are lucky they might get in your game or placed in a queue to join.

If team balancing is switched on server side, as it sometimes (rarely) is, then you can pretty much guarantee you will be on the opposite side to your friends come your second game.
    Post edited by retroguynick on
  • Changing profile picture doesnt work, resetting xbox to factory settings doesnt work.

The only “workaround” is looking for Galactic Assault and whilst the map is loading, invite friend to game by xbox home screen, if you are lucky they might get in your game or placed in a queue to join.

If team balancing is switched on server side, as it sometimes (rarely) is, then you can pretty much guarantee you will be on the opposite side to your friends come your second game.

Ummm, this "workaround" suggestion is useless to those who can't successfully log into the game menu.
    You do know this thread is about the current battlefront 1 crashing bug, right?

• You do know this thread is about the current battlefront 1 crashing bug, right?[/quote]

Doh, i thought it applied to both Battlefront 1 and 2, not just the first game. Its frustrating to hear that if i give up trying to play with friends on the sequel we cant resort to playing the first game.

A problem as severe like this on the first game will be the end of it. ?

• Yea. I agree the problems with both games is related. Pretty sure this is EA trying to punish dedicated Battlefront 1 players for not purchasing Battlefront 2.
  • The problem STILL hasnt been fixed. Its been 13 days.
  • tuhin94
    5 posts Member
    edited April 22
    EeeCh00ta wrote: »
    The problem STILL hasnt been fixed. Its been 13 days.

Yeah this is not cool. Kinda hard to believe EA can’t solve a problem for a game that keeps it from working at all. They’ve got more resources than most companies.
  • JediMusuta
    126 posts Member
    edited October 5
    This issue seems to be fixed as of now, for me, after almost three weeks. I saw a friend playing, and I commented that he must have a PS4 or be playing on PC or something, and I was happy for him.
    Like I do everyday, I opened the game and waited for it to connect . . . it did, unbelievably. So happy.
    EA . . . This is a big deal.
    Despite all my complaints on the game when it released. Despite me trying to return it, and being denied. It's still a crappy game, but it doesn't come close to how crappy Battlefont 2 is, other than the graphics.
    I'm not going to say thank you . . . because my thank you is that I've spent almost $200 on you.

Removed political reference. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • The same problema from México
  • this been happening to me for a while now and i spent $60 on this game. EA please fix
    I deleted and reinstalled and still dont work
  • JediMusuta wrote: »
    It’s been doing this freeze for days now. It freezes and quits as soon as it connects to EA servers. What’s going on? I can’t even play Battlefront One, now.
    I have an Xbox One X. Is it happening to guys with the regular and the S too, or just Xbox One X’s?

I haven't, but I didn't get the achievement yet, or at least I think I didn't, it might be a different achievement I'm thinking of. Anyway, I have an S.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • EA_Cian
    1078 posts EA Moderator
    Let's remember to please leave the politically focused comments off the forums, please. :smile:

Even if we're just trying to make a slight joke or something, comments of this nature can derail conversation so again, just be mindful not to make comments that are political.