criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What's the point of limited-time game modes

So... I just noticed that Ewok Hunt will be another limited-time game mode.
What's the point of spending time and money with a limited-time game mode?

Replies

• Most likely these will return from time to time, every few months or so.

As for why they're not permanent, they probably are afraid of pulling too many people from the core playlists (Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, Heroes vs Villains, Strike, and Blast), they don't want those playlists to become ghost towns with long matchmaking times. That can happen if a game has too many playlists, though I personally don't think Battlefront 2 is in any danger of that happening since there are only 5 core playlists as of now.
  • Most likely these will return from time to time, every few months or so.

As for why they're not permanent, they probably are afraid of pulling too many people from the core playlists (Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, Heroes vs Villains, Strike, and Blast), they don't want those playlists to become ghost towns with long matchmaking times. That can happen if a game has too many playlists, though I personally don't think Battlefront 2 is in any danger of that happening since there are only 5 core playlists as of now.

Strike and HvV are already Ghost Towns, especially HvV, every time I try to play on PS4 I always end up waiting like 3 minutes for the lobby to fill 8 players.
  • Fun..
  • They should keep them permanent.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    To see how much the community likes them
    Psn: Jello770