criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why the Solo movie wont be season 2

In the most recent news update it was revealed that season 2 would be arriving in May. Most people have said that this confirms season 2 to be a Han Solo season but the thing is that there is nothing in the Solo film that really fits in the game and here are my reasons.

1. There doesn't seem to be significant battles that can be added in the game. For the Last Jedi season we got Crait for GA and Dq'ar for SA which were both significant battles in the film, however judging from the trailer for Solo there doesn't seem to be any significant large scale battles like Crait or Dq'ar

2. The only two possible heroes they could add from Solo: Qi'ra and Enfyst Nest are not affiliated with the OT factions. When they add heroes in the game they should be affiliated with the factions in the game. Qi'ra is clearly not affiliated with the rebel alliance (if the rebel alliance was even a thing in 10 BBY) and Enfyst Nest is defiantly not affiliated with the Empire, especially if the theory that Qi'ra is Enfyst Nest

3. 2018 is the 10th anniversary of Clone Wars. In the post it says that seasons will be themed by either new star wars movies or anniversaries. Well aside from getting Solo it is also the 10th anniversary of the Clone Wars TV show and going by my previous points of why Solo cant work as a DLC season Clone Wars would be the next best option.

Thats my reasoning for why Season 2 wont be Solo
if anything what DICE can do is add Solo skins for Han, Lando, and Chewie on the day of the premiere

Replies

  • There was never a battle inside Deathstar 2, so even if there are no big battles in Solo doesn't mean that we won't have maps from it.
  • You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Of course it is Solo movie content. If it weren't, they would have said something about season two today. They didn't want to drop two bombs in on day , Ewok Hunt and Solo Season 2.
  • 4. The Fans don't want that garbage.

    You don't get to speak for everyone.
    Speak for yourself then. I still doubt you'd honestly take a Han solo season over Obi-wan and Grevious before hand, this must be some kind of joke.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif[/quote]
  • 4. The Fans don't want that garbage.

    You don't get to speak for everyone.
    Speak for yourself then. I still doubt you'd honestly take a Han solo season over Obi-wan and Grevious before hand, this must be some kind of joke.

    The only "joke" is you thinking nobody wants a Solo season, most of us do because its new content.
  • Solo won't give heroes I don't think, maybe skins for Lando and Han, but more likely maps. I still hold out hope for Clone Wars stuff coming sooner rather than later.

    Just a fool's hope.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I'm thinking Clone Wars content after Solo, then some Rogue One stuff, then a CW season in early October because as you said, 2018 is the 10th birthday of the Clone Wars, but it first aired October 3rd 2008 so it'll probably be later on in the year.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • bev1
    312 posts Member
    In the most recent news update it was revealed that season 2 would be arriving in May. Most people have said that this confirms season 2 to be a Han Solo season but the thing is that there is nothing in the Solo film that really fits in the game and here are my reasons.

    1. There doesn't seem to be significant battles that can be added in the game. For the Last Jedi season we got Crait for GA and Dq'ar for SA which were both significant battles in the film, however judging from the trailer for Solo there doesn't seem to be any significant large scale battles like Crait or Dq'ar

    2. The only two possible heroes they could add from Solo: Qi'ra and Enfyst Nest are not affiliated with the OT factions. When they add heroes in the game they should be affiliated with the factions in the game. Qi'ra is clearly not affiliated with the rebel alliance (if the rebel alliance was even a thing in 10 BBY) and Enfyst Nest is defiantly not affiliated with the Empire, especially if the theory that Qi'ra is Enfyst Nest

    3. 2018 is the 10th anniversary of Clone Wars. In the post it says that seasons will be themed by either new star wars movies or anniversaries. Well aside from getting Solo it is also the 10th anniversary of the Clone Wars TV show and going by my previous points of why Solo cant work as a DLC season Clone Wars would be the next best option.

    Thats my reasoning for why Season 2 wont be Solo
    if anything what DICE can do is add Solo skins for Han, Lando, and Chewie on the day of the premiere



    As someone who is not passionate about the as films but, has very much enjoyed both the bf ps2 games, psp, and this one. I think this reasoning is light years in front of some of the other stuff out there. There's been ongoing discussions on this forum, about how CW had to be next because Jack Wagon X who either works at EA/Dive has a pic on his Twitter page, or changed his profile pic, or ended a tweet with a CW quote........

    I understand that many of this stuff probably didn't originate here, but it definitely found it's way here, and gained a foothold here.........maybe the OP is correct and the pic/Twitter stuff is correct, I'll take whatever I can get.
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    I'm thinking Clone Wars content after Solo, then some Rogue One stuff, then a CW season in early October because as you said, 2018 is the 10th birthday of the Clone Wars, but it first aired October 3rd 2008 so it'll probably be later on in the year.

    Yes, Prequel and Clone Wars could mean different things. I think when people say Clone Wars they often mean Prequels. Could be, though, that we get Prequel stuff like Obi-Wan, Grievous, Clone Legions, etc, then in October we get something like Ahsoka and Ventress, specifically from The Clone Wars show.
  • bev1 wrote: »
    As someone who is not passionate about the as films but, has very much enjoyed both the bf ps2 games, psp, and this one. I think this reasoning is light years in front of some of the other stuff out there. There's been ongoing discussions on this forum, about how CW had to be next because Jack Wagon X who either works at EA/Dive has a pic on his Twitter page, or changed his profile pic, or ended a tweet with a CW quote........

    Not just "some jackwagon" but the Design Director on the game.
  • bev1
    312 posts Member
    bev1 wrote: »
    As someone who is not passionate about the as films but, has very much enjoyed both the bf ps2 games, psp, and this one. I think this reasoning is light years in front of some of the other stuff out there. There's been ongoing discussions on this forum, about how CW had to be next because Jack Wagon X who either works at EA/Dive has a pic on his Twitter page, or changed his profile pic, or ended a tweet with a CW quote........

    Not just "some jackwagon" but the Design Director on the game.

    There were others too,,,,,,,,he was the quote one, correct?
  • bev1 wrote: »
    bev1 wrote: »
    As someone who is not passionate about the as films but, has very much enjoyed both the bf ps2 games, psp, and this one. I think this reasoning is light years in front of some of the other stuff out there. There's been ongoing discussions on this forum, about how CW had to be next because Jack Wagon X who either works at EA/Dive has a pic on his Twitter page, or changed his profile pic, or ended a tweet with a CW quote........

    Not just "some jackwagon" but the Design Director on the game.

    There were others too,,,,,,,,he was the quote one, correct?

    I think so.
  • In the most recent news update it was revealed that season 2 would be arriving in May. Most people have said that this confirms season 2 to be a Han Solo season but the thing is that there is nothing in the Solo film that really fits in the game and here are my reasons.

    1. There doesn't seem to be significant battles that can be added in the game. For the Last Jedi season we got Crait for GA and Dq'ar for SA which were both significant battles in the film, however judging from the trailer for Solo there doesn't seem to be any significant large scale battles like Crait or Dq'ar

    2. The only two possible heroes they could add from Solo: Qi'ra and Enfyst Nest are not affiliated with the OT factions. When they add heroes in the game they should be affiliated with the factions in the game. Qi'ra is clearly not affiliated with the rebel alliance (if the rebel alliance was even a thing in 10 BBY) and Enfyst Nest is defiantly not affiliated with the Empire, especially if the theory that Qi'ra is Enfyst Nest

    3. 2018 is the 10th anniversary of Clone Wars. In the post it says that seasons will be themed by either new star wars movies or anniversaries. Well aside from getting Solo it is also the 10th anniversary of the Clone Wars TV show and going by my previous points of why Solo cant work as a DLC season Clone Wars would be the next best option.

    Thats my reasoning for why Season 2 wont be Solo
    if anything what DICE can do is add Solo skins for Han, Lando, and Chewie on the day of the premiere

    agree agree...However: they might take a unique world such as Correlia and do it like Bespin BF1: carbonite freezing chambers with a fun blast/cargo skirmish, etc. Maybe an SA map*?.. For GA tho, ya totally - might be tricky to have a large film-based battle in the spirit of SOLO because the canon pretty well known the Imperials dominated the Galaxy and rebels were scattered w/no true assembled force..I don't think there will be a single large battle or even a lightsaber in SOLO. I'm okay with this; will be pleasantly surprised if Vadar or an Inquisitor appears in the film. Want to see Jabba over Boba, would be cool to see Boba in real action if he's shoehorned in this.

    CHEWIE!!
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...


  • bev1
    312 posts Member
    bev1 wrote: »
    bev1 wrote: »
    As someone who is not passionate about the as films but, has very much enjoyed both the bf ps2 games, psp, and this one. I think this reasoning is light years in front of some of the other stuff out there. There's been ongoing discussions on this forum, about how CW had to be next because Jack Wagon X who either works at EA/Dive has a pic on his Twitter page, or changed his profile pic, or ended a tweet with a CW quote........

    Not just "some jackwagon" but the Design Director on the game.

    There were others too,,,,,,,,he was the quote one, correct?

    I think so.

    Did/do you take that as confirmation CW for season 2? I don't have a dog in this race, I don't care 1 way or another. That seems like a big stretch to go from a quote or pic to Definitely CW for season 2......... I just want more content, if it's CW great, Solo great, maps they scribbled out on a napkin, I'll take it.
  • Could see them do a small scale "train battle" in a blast or strike mode. We know very little in regards to the content for the upcoming movie, so there could be a ton of opportunity for them that we know nothing about. Han was supposed to be an Imperial pilot, we could easily have a battle sequence where he is with the Imperials but it's the mission that "turns him off of the Empire."

    What I do think people are going to flip their **** over is when the introduce a "new" SA ship in the form of Lando's Falcon. No one in their right mind would do that, which is exactly why I think EA will, lol.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Could see them do a small scale "train battle" in a blast or strike mode. We know very little in regards to the content for the upcoming movie, so there could be a ton of opportunity for them that we know nothing about. Han was supposed to be an Imperial pilot, we could easily have a battle sequence where he is with the Imperials but it's the mission that "turns him off of the Empire."

    What I do think people are going to flip their **** over is when the introduce a "new" SA ship in the form of Lando's Falcon. No one in their right mind would do that, which is exactly why I think EA will, lol.

    Oh it's coming lol you know it and I do too grimmace
  • "Why the Solo movie wont be season 2"

    Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.
  • Does anyone notice that Ben has “The negotiator” on his twitter profile? Grievous is in sight...
    Priority Lists

    Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

    Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

    Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • bev1
    312 posts Member
    Does anyone notice that Ben has “The negotiator” on his twitter profile? Grievous is in sight...

    Put it in stone!
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    In the most recent news update it was revealed that season 2 would be arriving in May. Most people have said that this confirms season 2 to be a Han Solo season but the thing is that there is nothing in the Solo film that really fits in the game and here are my reasons.

    1. There doesn't seem to be significant battles that can be added in the game. For the Last Jedi season we got Crait for GA and Dq'ar for SA which were both significant battles in the film, however judging from the trailer for Solo there doesn't seem to be any significant large scale battles like Crait or Dq'ar

    2. The only two possible heroes they could add from Solo: Qi'ra and Enfyst Nest are not affiliated with the OT factions. When they add heroes in the game they should be affiliated with the factions in the game. Qi'ra is clearly not affiliated with the rebel alliance (if the rebel alliance was even a thing in 10 BBY) and Enfyst Nest is defiantly not affiliated with the Empire, especially if the theory that Qi'ra is Enfyst Nest

    3. 2018 is the 10th anniversary of Clone Wars. In the post it says that seasons will be themed by either new star wars movies or anniversaries. Well aside from getting Solo it is also the 10th anniversary of the Clone Wars TV show and going by my previous points of why Solo cant work as a DLC season Clone Wars would be the next best option.

    Thats my reasoning for why Season 2 wont be Solo
    if anything what DICE can do is add Solo skins for Han, Lando, and Chewie on the day of the premiere

    However they can do this for a Solo season:
    Limited time Kessel Run mode
    Young Lando Skin
    Young Solo Skin
    Cross-chested bandoleer Chewbacca Skin
    New Hero Ship: Lando and L3-37 (btw way LEET? really LFL?) Falcon with the front load attachment
    New Strike Map: something with whatever heist they're pulling off in the movie

    There's a counter to your argument.
  • 4. The Fans don't want that garbage.

    You don't get to speak for everyone.
    Speak for yourself then. I still doubt you'd honestly take a Han solo season over Obi-wan and Grevious before hand, this must be some kind of joke.

    The only "joke" is you thinking nobody wants a Solo season, most of us do because its new content.

    no most want clone wars because it has good and a lot of content
  • bev1 wrote: »
    bev1 wrote: »
    bev1 wrote: »
    As someone who is not passionate about the as films but, has very much enjoyed both the bf ps2 games, psp, and this one. I think this reasoning is light years in front of some of the other stuff out there. There's been ongoing discussions on this forum, about how CW had to be next because Jack Wagon X who either works at EA/Dive has a pic on his Twitter page, or changed his profile pic, or ended a tweet with a CW quote........

    Not just "some jackwagon" but the Design Director on the game.

    There were others too,,,,,,,,he was the quote one, correct?

    I think so.

    Did/do you take that as confirmation CW for season 2? I don't have a dog in this race, I don't care 1 way or another. That seems like a big stretch to go from a quote or pic to Definitely CW for season 2......... I just want more content, if it's CW great, Solo great, maps they scribbled out on a napkin, I'll take it.

    he also said something about working on clone wars stuff
  • bev1
    312 posts Member
    bev1 wrote: »
    bev1 wrote: »
    bev1 wrote: »
    As someone who is not passionate about the as films but, has very much enjoyed both the bf ps2 games, psp, and this one. I think this reasoning is light years in front of some of the other stuff out there. There's been ongoing discussions on this forum, about how CW had to be next because Jack Wagon X who either works at EA/Dive has a pic on his Twitter page, or changed his profile pic, or ended a tweet with a CW quote........

    Not just "some jackwagon" but the Design Director on the game.

    There were others too,,,,,,,,he was the quote one, correct?

    I think so.

    Did/do you take that as confirmation CW for season 2? I don't have a dog in this race, I don't care 1 way or another. That seems like a big stretch to go from a quote or pic to Definitely CW for season 2......... I just want more content, if it's CW great, Solo great, maps they scribbled out on a napkin, I'll take it.

    he also said something about working on clone wars stuff

    If he said that, that's definitely something a little more solid then a quote at the end of a tweet.
  • i dont think it will be a solo season simply bc the movie isnt about rebels or imperials. it isnt about war really. after getting ewok hunt i think it will be something like sullust, scarif or a cloud city ga map. i dont think theyre gonna do clone wars anytime soon. i just dont think they appreciate it as much as we think.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    i dont think it will be a solo season simply bc the movie isnt about rebels or imperials. it isnt about war really. after getting ewok hunt i think it will be something like sullust, scarif or a cloud city ga map. i dont think theyre gonna do clone wars anytime soon. i just dont think they appreciate it as much as we think.

    Solo definitely has some Imperial ties in it. The first shot of the new trailer is a Star Destroyer shipyard. The "train" has imperial troops on it. If they keep to the Legends backstory that Chewbacca was an imperial prisoner rescued by Han then that's another tie in. The first teaser trailer showed Han signing up for the Imperial Academy. Now there may very well not be true "Rebels" in it, but that remains to be seen.
  • [\quote]
    However they can do this for a Solo season:
    Limited time Kessel Run mode
    Young Lando Skin
    Young Solo Skin
    Cross-chested bandoleer Chewbacca Skin
    New Hero Ship: Lando and L3-37 (btw way LEET? really LFL?) Falcon with the front load attachment
    New Strike Map: something with whatever heist they're pulling off in the movie

    There's a counter to your argument. [/quote]

    And I for one hope they do use it for new strike modes... maybe something similar to my personal favourite, Extraction! There will undoubtedly be a villain or two to add as well. Kassel run / chase through giant monster infested space would be something new entirely. Not everyone wants 40 player battles all the time.

    "Everyone hated" several things about 2015 before they came out and ended up more often than not to be good additions to the game.

    All they need to do is fix a few of the remaining broken aspects of the game, like the strike mode "disease" where you can't find the package because it looks like it is always at the starting point regardless of where it really is and some of the loading issues... and most importantly the lag problems... no, EA, my internet speed is not slow. Not even close.
  • Lord_Oz wrote: »
    kylenpain wrote: »
    i dont think it will be a solo season simply bc the movie isnt about rebels or imperials. it isnt about war really. after getting ewok hunt i think it will be something like sullust, scarif or a cloud city ga map. i dont think theyre gonna do clone wars anytime soon. i just dont think they appreciate it as much as we think.

    Solo definitely has some Imperial ties in it. The first shot of the new trailer is a Star Destroyer shipyard. The "train" has imperial troops on it. If they keep to the Legends backstory that Chewbacca was an imperial prisoner rescued by Han then that's another tie in. The first teaser trailer showed Han signing up for the Imperial Academy. Now there may very well not be true "Rebels" in it, but that remains to be seen.

    yeah so maybe a map? thats okay but obviously theyre working on a ton of things that we arent asking for. theyll probably add more skins. its okay as long as theyre adding things that r fun.
  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    IMO, season 2 would be a Solo Season with:
    One new map and soldiers skins for each faction included, also 1hero(maybe Qi'ra) / 1villain(unknown), and hero skins for Han and Lando(young versions)
  • Does anyone notice that Ben has “The negotiator” on his twitter profile? Grievous is in sight...

    Remember when he changed his Twitter banner to Anakin and the clones marching on the temple and said "You already got a hint" when someone asked abot season 2 almost literally the same day? Long term memory isn't already failing on you guys, is it?
  • bev1
    312 posts Member
    Does anyone notice that Ben has “The negotiator” on his twitter profile? Grievous is in sight...

    Remember when he changed his Twitter banner to Anakin and the clones marching on the temple and said "You already got a hint" when someone asked abot season 2 almost literally the same day? Long term memory isn't already failing on you guys, is it?

    Is this the alleged confirmation for season 2?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!