criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What profile picture (avatar) do you use? And why?

Replies

• JAREDUP
    1355 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I use this

gdnv2qo2wyc9.jpg

It's the picture based off the cover of the Game "Fire Warrior"

0eoqzh24ffay.jpg

This game is based from the Warhammer 40k universe

yan1ihofjg39.jpg

In that universe the game is based around a race from that universe called the Tau

mw8y8bmm2plg.jpg

It was released back in 2003 in to hype up the new race that was added to the Warhammer 40k table top game

My brother got this game way back and I played it, enjoyed it, enjoyed it, and enjoyed it. It and battlefront 2 2005 are my favorite games ever.

I loved the game so much I stumbled upon the table game where it game from, since that day I literally went head first into the game and now have my own army of Tau miniatures that I use to play against other people (been busy lately but still will)

h5ko8tal84vu.jpg

(Example of a Tau fire warrior miniature)

For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    I use this

gdnv2qo2wyc9.jpg

0eoqzh24ffay.jpg

yan1ihofjg39.jpg

In that universe the game is based around a race from that universe called the Tau

mw8y8bmm2plg.jpg

It was released back in 2003 in to hype up the new race that was added to the Warhammer 40k table top game

My brother got this game way back and I played it, enjoyed it, enjoyed it, and enjoyed it. It and battlefront 2 2005 are my favorite games ever.

I loved the game so much I stumbled upon the table game where it game from, since that day I literally went head first into the game and now have my own army of Tau miniatures that I use to play against other people (been busy lately but still will)

h5ko8tal84vu.jpg

Table top games are fun... I play a Lord of The Rings one, but made by the same company. Also, nice painting on your figure(I am assuming that one was painted by you).
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • JAREDUP
    1355 posts Member
    @UnknownGamer I actually didn't paint that, my camera is very poor and gets zero detail, so I just snagged one from the internet, but I do follow the same theme of colors
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • FriedPizza773
    1135 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    I use this

gdnv2qo2wyc9.jpg

0eoqzh24ffay.jpg

yan1ihofjg39.jpg

mw8y8bmm2plg.jpg

h5ko8tal84vu.jpg

I find it interesting to hear that this franchise's name is quite unique (at least to me) considering that it's name has the number 40,000, and I mean that's a pretty BIG number! I don't know what other franchises' name has that kind of big number :hushed:. What exactly does the number 40,000 refer to by the way? I also find it interesting to hear its tagline "There is only war!" and to see a pile of lots of skulls in the Fire Warrior's cover, as to me it sounds like that universe's war is extremely brutal! :anguished:

I took my time to watch this gameplay video to see what this game looks like. One of the things that I like about is hearing the sounds when picking up ammunition and other things -- it sounds satisfying, and kinda reminds me of Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire game when picking up ammunition and powerups. :lol:
  • JAREDUP
    1355 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I use this

gdnv2qo2wyc9.jpg

0eoqzh24ffay.jpg

yan1ihofjg39.jpg

mw8y8bmm2plg.jpg

h5ko8tal84vu.jpg

I find it interesting to hear that this franchise's name is quite unique (at least to me) considering that it's name has the number 40,000, and I mean that's a pretty BIG number! I don't know what other franchises' name has that kind of big number :hushed:. What exactly does the number 40,000 refer to by the way? I also find it interesting to hear its tagline "There is only war!" and to see a pile of lots of skulls in the Fire Warrior's cover, as to me it sounds like that universe's war is extremely brutal! :anguished:

I took my time to watch this gameplay video to see what this game looks like. One of the things that I like about is hearing the sounds when picking up ammunition and other things -- it sounds satisfying, and kinda reminds me of Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire game when picking up ammunition and powerups. :lol:

Yes exactly, the whole 40k universe is all about war, the whole Galaxy is fighting, aliens monsters and demons all fighting each other as well as attacking the human race, (the Tau act like that peace keepers in the Galaxy (they are like Asians lol, just with blue skin))

Anyway the 40,000 in the name represents the the time it is in, so IE it is the 41st millennium, so the game the universe is between 40,000 and 41,000

Yes the 40k universe is brutal for sure, a famous 40k quote "In the 41st millennium, there is only war" it is very similar to the fallout quote, I'm not sure who used it first as the 40k universe and it's miniatures were created in the 1980s, so who knows
    Oh also the game universe's mascot is the space marines, they are huge super soldiers that are about 7-9 foot tall that help keep the protect and prevent the human race from going extinct

nvv7e3jj5v3b.jpg

Space marine

734cn08frku5.jpg

25jjrbnhgxwo.jpg

Pretty big compared to a Spartan from Halo, just as nimble as a Spartan, they are just as nimble as a Spartan and way more powerful

nnfygiuhvq2g.jpg

Aslo a game was made named space marine

0dxck05yy2d1.gif

For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    I use this

gdnv2qo2wyc9.jpg

0eoqzh24ffay.jpg

yan1ihofjg39.jpg

mw8y8bmm2plg.jpg

h5ko8tal84vu.jpg

Yes exactly, the whole 40k universe is all about war, the whole Galaxy is fighting, aliens monsters and demons all fighting each other as well as attacking the human race, (the Tau act like that peace keepers in the Galaxy (they are like Asians lol, just with blue skin))

Anyway the 40,000 in the name represents the the time it is in, so IE it is the 41st millennium, so the game the universe is between 40,000 and 41,000

Yes the 40k universe is brutal for sure, a famous 40k quote "In the 41st millennium, there is only war" it is very similar to the fallout quote, I'm not sure who used it first as the 40k universe and it's miniatures were created in the 1980s, so who knows
    Oh also the game universe's mascot is the space marines, they are huge super soldiers that are about 7-9 foot tall that help keep the protect and prevent the human race from going extinct

nvv7e3jj5v3b.jpg

Space marine

734cn08frku5.jpg

25jjrbnhgxwo.jpg

Pretty big compared to a Spartan from Halo, just as nimble as a Spartan, they are just as nimble as a Spartan and way more powerful

nnfygiuhvq2g.jpg

Wow! I didn't even realize the 40k franchise started in the 1980's. No doubt that's a long time ago, and way before I was even born. Of course we already know about Star Wars franchise that also started a long time ago as well, but I do not know which other big franchises/series (like Star Wars and 40k) that started in the 80's, 70's, or even earlier that they grew a lot and still currently live up to popularity.

Also, I gotta say this: the Space Marines sure looks like Stormtroopers, only with muscles, and much more intimidating. They also look like Dark Trooper, especially the Phase III. I wonder if Jedi or even Sith can stand a chance against Space Marines. :worried:

nvv7e3jj5v3b.jpg
  • JAREDUP
    1355 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I use this

gdnv2qo2wyc9.jpg

0eoqzh24ffay.jpg

yan1ihofjg39.jpg

mw8y8bmm2plg.jpg

h5ko8tal84vu.jpg

nvv7e3jj5v3b.jpg

Space marine

734cn08frku5.jpg

25jjrbnhgxwo.jpg

nnfygiuhvq2g.jpg

Wow! I didn't even realize the 40k franchise started in the 1980's. No doubt that's a long time ago, and way before I was even born. Of course we already know about Star Wars franchise that also started a long time ago as well, but I do not know which other big franchises/series (like Star Wars and 40k) that started in the 80's, 70's, or even earlier that they grew a lot and still currently live up to popularity.

Also, I gotta say this: the Space Marines sure looks like Stormtroopers, only with muscles, and much more intimidating. They also look like Dark Trooper, especially the Phase III. I wonder if Jedi or even Sith can stand a chance against Space Marines. :worried:

Glad you asked, there is some cool art someone made, anyway Space Marines also have Librarians in their ranks, they are psykers

"In the fictional universe of Warhammer 40,000, psykers are individuals with some form of psychic ability. They draw their power from the Warp, a parallel universe of psychic energy, and can use this energy for a variety of effects, such as reading minds, foretelling the future, healing injuries, or incinerating foes." Wiki

Also a part of those powers are things such as telekinesis, which is very similar to force push etc.
    They also have force swords which use the energy of the warp to manifest a stronger more powerful weapon

eg7llx4l44m3.jpg

Yoda would be a challenge because his speed, palps could us lightinig (some librarians can use lightning attack too) but all space marines have excellent melee and sword dueling skills plus how strong their minds are determie how powerful with the warp, but the warp is lethal and not calm like the force in star wars so the user of said powers might lose an arm or even explode!

6igjizjh0oos.png

4jjgl6269b71.png

m4osaihawlw7.gif

Post edited by JAREDUP on
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • unit900000
    2073 posts Member
    picture is from star wars battlefront renegade squadron from PSP and its of my fav all time game mode on any star wars game HCTF 176152-star-wars-battlefront-renegade-squadron.gif?width=333&height=245

renegade squadron is the most fun battlefront game I ever played and HCTF is one of the most fun modes on any game period the battles was all ways intense some even lasted for hours I actually cried when they shut the online servers down.

in HCTF both teams have a flag they must protect but theres a catch: who ever has the flag becomes the hero for there side so you must kill the hero and take the flag and bring it back to your base and who ever gets 5 points first wins. you can all so pick up your teams flag if a hero or enemy drops it and bring it back to the spawn point of the flag and then you will be the hero of your team.

its normally best not to stray far from your base and only go out of your base a little bit to help push enemys back but stay close enough so you dont get killed and the enemy team takes the flag. one of the best strats to kill the enemy hero that was camping in a base was to use the stealth item to sneak into the enemy base and assassinate the hero and take the flag I remember I would all ways spam my force powers when they was off cool down that way if someone was using stealth it would hit them and knock them out of it and then you could kill them.

honestly never played HCTF on battlefront 2 online but even if I did nothing can beat the matches I had on renegade squadron. I will never change my avatar that game and that mode was far to good I will all ways show my respect for it by having this profile picture on here and on my youtube channel.
  • Mine is unique. It's from BF15 in a blast match and don't recall anyone else ever getting up there.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • unit900000
    2073 posts Member
    Mine is unique. It's from BF15 in a blast match and don't recall anyone else ever getting up there.

I used to play BF15 A LOT and never saw anyone get up there.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    I just updated my pic to something new:

It's from a show called Band of Brothers. It's a WWII miniseries, that is super amazing! It's a lot more realistic than a lot of the war movies I've seen. That specific part in the pic was a part when one of the soldiers was overlooking a city being bombed from a distance. I saw it and instantly knew it would have to be my profile pic.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • FriedPizza773
    1135 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    unit900000 wrote: »
    picture is from star wars battlefront renegade squadron from PSP and its of my fav all time game mode on any star wars game HCTF 176152-star-wars-battlefront-renegade-squadron.gif?width=333&height=245

renegade squadron is the most fun battlefront game I ever played and HCTF is one of the most fun modes on any game period the battles was all ways intense some even lasted for hours I actually cried when they shut the online servers down.

in HCTF both teams have a flag they must protect but theres a catch: who ever has the flag becomes the hero for there side so you must kill the hero and take the flag and bring it back to your base and who ever gets 5 points first wins. you can all so pick up your teams flag if a hero or enemy drops it and bring it back to the spawn point of the flag and then you will be the hero of your team.

its normally best not to stray far from your base and only go out of your base a little bit to help push enemys back but stay close enough so you dont get killed and the enemy team takes the flag. one of the best strats to kill the enemy hero that was camping in a base was to use the stealth item to sneak into the enemy base and assassinate the hero and take the flag I remember I would all ways spam my force powers when they was off cool down that way if someone was using stealth it would hit them and knock them out of it and then you could kill them.

honestly never played HCTF on battlefront 2 online but even if I did nothing can beat the matches I had on renegade squadron. I will never change my avatar that game and that mode was far to good I will all ways show my respect for it by having this profile picture on here and on my youtube channel.

Ah yes! I remember that I played Renegade Squadron a very long time ago, though I never owned that game, nor the PSP. Instead, I played this game from my friend who shared with me when we were traveling together on a long trip. Haven't played too much, but what I only played was some of the Campaign Mode missions and space battle, and boy I flown a TIE Defender for the first time in my life and felt really good. :blush:

By the way, HCTF was introduced in Renegade Squadron, according to this article in Wookieepedia. It didn't existed in the original BF2, at least as far as I know.
    Mine is unique. It's from BF15 in a blast match and don't recall anyone else ever getting up there.

Hm...I not sure if I even thought about getting up there. Might as well give it a try, especially for the sake of the TIE Fighters :blush:. Really nice picture taken from that angle, by the way.

uulyedpoo1w9.png
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
  • Vespervin
    673 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm a huge fan of Perfect Dark, the 'sequel to GoldenEye 007', and I always liked the red and black promotional art for Japan.

tTM4hJr.jpg

And here's the game's amazing OST. Ahead of its time, in my opinion.

(it's my favourite game)
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • unit900000
    2073 posts Member

Ah yes! I remember that I played Renegade Squadron a very long time ago, though I never owned that game, nor the PSP. Instead, I played this game from my friend who shared with me when we were traveling together on a long trip. Haven't played too much, but what I only played was some of the Campaign Mode missions and space battle, and boy I flown a TIE Defender for the first time in my life and felt really good. :blush:

By the way, HCTF was introduced in Renegade Squadron, according to this article in Wookieepedia. It didn't existed in the original BF2, at least as far as I know.

Hm...I not sure if I even though about getting up there. Might as well give it a try, especially for the sake of the TIE Fighters :blush:. Really nice picture taken from that angle, by the way.

uulyedpoo1w9.png

Hm...I not sure if I even though about getting up there. Might as well give it a try, especially for the sake of the TIE Fighters :blush:. Really nice picture taken from that angle, by the way.

uulyedpoo1w9.png

Ya I went and played the OG battlefront 2 online on steam a few days ago they brought back the servers a while back and realized it didnt have it I guess I was just remembering you can play as heroes in CTF on battlefront 2. honestly online on the original battlefront 2 is just pure trash its easily the worst online battlefront game its basically an explosive spam fest and other then the special troopers the only viable class is vanguard and engineer.
  • unit900000 wrote: »

uulyedpoo1w9.png

uulyedpoo1w9.png

Ya I went and played the OG battlefront 2 online on steam a few days ago they brought back the servers a while back and realized it didnt have it I guess I was just remembering you can play as heroes in CTF on battlefront 2. honestly online on the original battlefront 2 is just pure trash its easily the worst online battlefront game its basically an explosive spam fest and other then the special troopers the only viable class is vanguard and engineer.

Disney brought the servers back.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • JAREDUP
    1355 posts Member

uulyedpoo1w9.png

uulyedpoo1w9.png

I used to play online on ps2 and man, I swear I knew every way to get inside the wall on the death star, online was so broken. If you aren't the rocket launcher class, or the engineer (shotgun) getting kills is hard.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Alex64
    5327 posts Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of Perfect Dark, the 'sequel to GoldenEye 007', and I always liked the red and black promotional art for Japan.

tTM4hJr.jpg

(it's my favourite game)

Paafikuto Daaku
    This song is dedicated to you...
  • Vespervin wrote: »

tTM4hJr.jpg

(it's my favourite game)

Ah! I played both Perfect Dark and GoldenEye. Both of them are such top-notch classic games. :)
  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    I tend to use my Rodian character from the newer swbf games.
    Usually there's no significance to them. But this one I'm using now, my mate actually took while we were playing together one day. They stumbled upon my corpse frozen in an eerie position and immortalized it via screen cap.
    EdDsK8Q.png
    They gave this to me today because they had been helping trying to find a video from their perspective of watching my Rodian fall to it's death after a standard jet pack flight. I appreciate their efforts, even though neither of us found the video footage we were looking for.
    :heart:
  • unit900000 wrote: »

Hm...I not sure if I even thought about getting up there. Might as well give it a try, especially for the sake of the TIE Fighters :blush:. Really nice picture taken from that angle, by the way.

uulyedpoo1w9.png

Thanks. It took me countless attempts to get up there. I did it more than once but it is difficult. I jumped from the platform to the railing and then jumped and hit the jetpack. The only way I pulled it off was to hit the the panels/wings of the tie fighter on the inside and it kinda catapults you up higher. Good luck.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • My forum picture is soon to be my xbox gamer picture as well.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • TK_8721
    57 posts Member
    I use a shoretrooper as shoretroopers are my favorite new ‘trooper.
  • Haruko Haruhara
    Because FLCL is one of my first and favorite childhood animes.
    skjljab23t5r.gif
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • I found a picture that I like but the change avatar picture., wouldn't work for me. It keeps a red x no picture. Is there a code or something?
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg

"This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I tried the photo on my sisters Mac laptop. So it worked.

It's a picture of the new art work of Padme Amidala with Thrawn.

I like it so much that it looks like Natalie Portman!

1513673459247.gif
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg

"This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Empire_TW
    3864 posts Member
    My profile picture is Janina Gavankar as Iden Versio over an Imperial insignia which itself is over a field of crimson red. It was made by me using GIMP 2.8
    dz00259ryfw8.png

Iden Versio is my main hero and has become one of my favorite star wars characters, 2nd favorite which was once held by Krennic (My forum banner is my top 4). She cemented this position after I read the Inferno Squad novel which I highly recommend.

Janina Gavankar is also someone I've come to really like and in a way helped me get through some tough times. If anyone is really interested the specifics on that you can just direct message me, I won't bore anyone with it here.

Thanks for the compliment @FriedPizza773 :) I would have replied earlier but I didn't get a notification for the tag.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• I use the cover art from Fantasy Flight Games’ Imperial Assault-expansion ”The Bespin Gambit”. A homage to both my favourite Star Wars film and a great board game.

(It’s not my favourite expansion though...)

swi24_main.png
  • Star Wars cast pre-filming of the A New Hope (Star Wars Ep IV) which released in 1977...when they were young and not being written out of the later titles or passing on - RIP Carrie....Maye The Force Be With You, Always.
  • I use the cover art from Fantasy Flight Games’ Imperial Assault-expansion ”The Bespin Gambit”. A homage to both my favourite Star Wars film and a great board game.

swi24_main.png
    I can tell from box that the game is very balanced!!
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif

swi24_main.png
    I can tell from box that the game is very balanced!!

tumblr_n8ia2ys2sH1tnjoguo1_250.gif

That is stable geniusness, right there!
  • Haruko Haruhara
    Because FLCL is one of my first and favorite childhood animes.
    skjljab23t5r.gif

Anime never cease to impress me. :)
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    My profile picture is Janina Gavankar as Iden Versio over an Imperial insignia which itself is over a field of crimson red. It was made by me using GIMP 2.8
    dz00259ryfw8.png

Iden Versio is my main hero and has become one of my favorite star wars characters, 2nd favorite which was once held by Krennic (My forum banner is my top 4). She cemented this position after I read the Inferno Squad novel which I highly recommend.

Janina Gavankar is also someone I've come to really like and in a way helped me get through some tough times. If anyone is really interested the specifics on that you can just direct message me, I won't bore anyone with it here.

Thanks for the compliment @FriedPizza773 :) I would have replied earlier but I didn't get a notification for the tag.

Ah! So you have assembled your own image for profile picture. Awesome! :smiley:

swi24_main.png

Interesting Star wars-theme board game. That's something I would like to give it a try if I have a chance. Can you describe the difficulty?
  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    I don't have a profile pic at the moment.
    I'm thinking about what I want to do with it...
    Scribbles or cosplay?

swi24_main.png

Interesting Star wars-theme board game. That's something I would like to give it a try if I have a chance. Can you describe the difficulty?

Well, it’s pretty much a dungeon crawler of sorts, where 2-5 (nowadays 1-5) players play through thematic Star Wars campaigns. 1 player controls the Empire and the rest will take on the role as a hero of the Rebel Alliance - there are 6 original heroes to choose from in the core game and then each of the expansions add another 2-3. Classic Star Wars characters act as companions and enemies. It’s not ”hard” per se, but it’s obviously a lot of rules and it is a complex and fairly deep board game with xp, levels, equipment and abilities. They recently added app support, where the app ”controls” the Empire instead of a player, hence you can play Imperial Assault solo now if you wish.

If playing campaigns is not your cup of tea the game also has a competitive skirmish game mode where you create a team out of one of three factions: Rebel Alliance, Empire or mercenaries, and battle it out against another player, 1 vs 1 (like in X-Wing: the board game). Here you can mix in classic SW characters with new ones if you wish as long as you keep it within the faction. If you want to have Bossk team up with a Jawa scavanger and have a nexxu in a leash with them, that’ll work for example. Same rules pretty much, but more straight forward gameplay.

• EA_Cian
    1138 posts EA Moderator
    I've recently switched it up from everyone's favorite red panda Aggrestuko to Vegeta in his slick winter jacket from the Dragon Ball Super: Broly trailer because I'm a huge Dragonball fan. :smiley:
  • I currently have Hela, the goddess of death, from the scene of Thor Ragnarok when she is holding the eternal flames. I really loved her and the movie in general.
  • Empire_TW
    3864 posts Member
    Prior to the one I have now I had this Iden Versio picture as my profile
    ohstmhn77hcw.jpg

And before that one I had General Veers as a profile picture, because before Iden he was my favorite SW video game character (for being in Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds). Was my 2nd favorite character at one point but now is 4th.
    bc8r569yrmzk.jpg

Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• I use this picture for two reasons. The first being that it's a KOTOR meme, the second being that it reminds me of that one Selkath (forgot which one exactly) on Manaan. For some reason this picture really entertains me.

Z2J2Xdw.jpg
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • d0kRX
    1223 posts Member
    for me I like star trek as well as star wars and thought that my profile picture looks like greedo wearing a starfleet engineering uniform (like the ones on the next generation).
    PSN: d0kRX
  • IronSoldier
    2692 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    it's an iron soldier. I did have a nicer old logo but couldn't use that anymore. One day I may get someone to properly make something which looks slick but it does the job.
  • Was bored and wanted to try some things in photoshop, so I made this. Didn't make it out of generosity, just boredom. Editing isn't very good, I was working with a laggy computer in a distraction-filled enviroment.
    @TonyGoombah1
    3qiy93djsfdy.jpg
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Was bored and wanted to try some things in photoshop, so I made this. Didn't make it out of generosity, just boredom. Editing isn't very good, I was working with a laggy computer in a distraction-filled enviroment.
    @TonyGoombah1
    3qiy93djsfdy.jpg

I watched you drink a four loco. Didn't do it out of curiousity either, or boredom. I did it simply because I wanted to.

And what a cool picture! You must like me afterall.
    kay4dnh923zs.png

swi24_main.png

Well, it’s pretty much a dungeon crawler of sorts, where 2-5 (nowadays 1-5) players play through thematic Star Wars campaigns. 1 player controls the Empire and the rest will take on the role as a hero of the Rebel Alliance - there are 6 original heroes to choose from in the core game and then each of the expansions add another 2-3. Classic Star Wars characters act as companions and enemies. It’s not ”hard” per se, but it’s obviously a lot of rules and it is a complex and fairly deep board game with xp, levels, equipment and abilities. They recently added app support, where the app ”controls” the Empire instead of a player, hence you can play Imperial Assault solo now if you wish.

If playing campaigns is not your cup of tea the game also has a competitive skirmish game mode where you create a team out of one of three factions: Rebel Alliance, Empire or mercenaries, and battle it out against another player, 1 vs 1 (like in X-Wing: the board game). Here you can mix in classic SW characters with new ones if you wish as long as you keep it within the faction. If you want to have Bossk team up with a Jawa scavanger and have a nexxu in a leash with them, that’ll work for example. Same rules pretty much, but more straight forward gameplay.

Interesting! There's even an app support? Sweet! Not something I would've thought about it.

Though it does sounds like I cannot control the Empire when playing solo. If so, that's too bad for me. I'm only "pro-Imperial". :(
  • FriedPizza773
    1135 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    I've recently switched it up from everyone's favorite red panda Aggrestuko to Vegeta in his slick winter jacket from the Dragon Ball Super: Broly trailer because I'm a huge Dragonball fan. :smiley:

Oh yeah! I noticed you did indeed had Aggrestuko (in her death metal singer form) from before. I have not yet watched the anime series, but I'm definately looking forward to see it. That being said, despite it was named after the main character, there's actually another character that I'm already starting to like even more than Aggrestuko, and that's none other than Fenneko. For some reason I find the fennec fox way more kawaii! :love:

albjvx7jo8cr.png

I also like Dragonball series. Not necessarily a huge fan myself, but I like it well enough, and I can see why the franchise is very popular.

But boy the Japanese popular culture is really a big part of our lives, isn't it? Their influences are so strong that I don't think that either of us can "live" without them. In fact, I actually visited Japan myself as a tourist, and I absolutely love it! I wanna come back again! :heart:
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
    @TonyGoombah1
    3qiy93djsfdy.jpg

Looks really nice! It's perfect to be used as a signature.

swi24_main.png

Interesting! There's even an app support? Sweet! Not something I would've thought about it.

Though it does sounds like I cannot control the Empire when playing solo. If so, that's too bad for me. I'm only "pro-Imperial". :(

Well, you’re obviously doing the physical movement of the Empire by yourself, the app tells you how, but yeah, the campaigns are centered around the Rebellion, despite the game’s name.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    i enjoy "dark" art work.

satanic imagery usually rubs peoples the wrong way. *insert troll face*

hail satan.

@Defbored
    vrq72fyae9wt.png
    I'm always wondered about your profile picture. It sure looks mysterious in an eerie way. A very good work of art that looks like a real thing.

By the way, did you know that this forum website actually has its troll face icon? You can make one by typing
    :trollface:

to make this :trollface:.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    i enjoy "dark" art work.

satanic imagery usually rubs peoples the wrong way. *insert troll face*

hail satan.

*whispers* hail Hydra
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Anakin, Rex, Padme, Cody
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Dooku, Jango
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif