criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Who would you like to see cast as Clone Wars characters?

Just wondering how CW cartoon characters would be portrayed in BF2 and by who? I'm personally not a fan of the cross-pollination of content and would rather there be a dedicated CW version of BF for CW fans but that's just me. Not dissing CW.
It's not the winning but the taking part.... and winning

Replies

• darthsbro wrote: »
    Just wondering how CW cartoon characters would be portrayed in BF2 and by who? I'm personally not a fan of the cross-pollination of content and would rather there be a dedicated CW version of BF for CW fans but that's just me. Not dissing CW.

First of all, it’s not cross-pollination, it’s Canon Star Wars, the only difference is that it isn’t live action.
    Second, I’d just like their voice actors and they’d be portrayed as themselves? (I don’t actually understand what you mean by that)
  • So you don't see a difference between cartoons and live action? That would look very odd in-game no?
  • hsf_
    1820 posts Member
    At this point? Anyone, I really don't care who it is because we're likely not going to get anything remotely close to what we want.
    So you don't see a difference between cartoons and live action? That would look very odd in-game no?

What? What are you trying to say?
    All I said was the Clone Wars show has every right to be in the game because it is part of the canon Star Wars continuity, the only difference is it isn’t live action.
  • WarfareKiller41
    6787 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    darthsbro wrote: »
    If I’m understanding this right, I want to see characters in the game with their movie looks. I want them with their movie voices, but I think they’ll either use random voice actors or voice actors from the shows instead.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • My question wasn't confrontational but I'll rephrase it..

How do you see cartoon characters and live action characters co-existing in a game that looks more like the films than the cartoon when certain CW characters currently only exist in cartoon form? If for instance CW Obi-wan was in BF2 it would just look weird but Obi-wan modeled on Ewan McGregor or Sir Alec Guinness would not.
  • Just want Anakin, Kenobi, Windu, Dooku, Grevious and Jango. Anyone else is a bonus
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    My question wasn't confrontational but I'll rephrase it..

How do you see cartoon characters and live action characters co-existing in a game that looks more like the films than the cartoon when certain CW characters currently only exist in cartoon form? If for instance CW Obi-wan was in BF2 it would just look weird but Obi-wan modeled on Ewan McGregor or Sir Alec Guinness would not.

I think for the main characters from the CW show that aren’t in the films (Ahsoka and Ventress) they would look absolutely fine alongside the live action characters, especially as Ventress is basically human anyway and Ahsoka already has official art that gives her a more realistic look
  • The only character that might look a little weird is Ahsoka, but only cause we've never seen her in live action and the only other example of Torgrutas weve seen in that medium is Shaak Ti. But in terms of voice actors I'd def prefer tv show for the characters exclusive to that show and a few other specific cases.

Obviously we can never have Christopher Lee (RIP) so the clone wars actor would be fine. Matt Lanter or whatever Anakins clone wars voice actor is named would also be preferable over Hayden Christianson. Other then that I don't see why they wouldnt be able to get Ashley Eckstein or Ventress' voice actress to do their respective characters
  • It's incredibly unlikely, but Samuel L Jackson voicing Mace would be amazing
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I would really love Ahsoka and Ventress

I think they would yes look different, but could look really good in "real" forms.

I would also love Rex and Cad Bane

I would also of course like Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, Grievous, Dooku, Jango
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    I can't see any animated to real life transitions coming to a game that is already struggling for content.

It's like a running before you can walk scenario.......won't happen.
  • ozj38570yiq2.png

A realistic adult version of Ahsoka has already been illustrated for the book. Wouldn't be that difficult to do the same for her CW version, right?
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    That does look good but I'm not sure it's as easy as you think to put into BF2.

Two laser swords & a complex head shape........realistically your probably looking at a BF3 game before we see her/it.