criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

[Phasma] Blaster and Staff

Could we please have Phasma’s rifle more accurately represent what is seen in The Last Jedi? It has a slower rate of fire and red beams, while the current blaster’s spread is ridiculous. It would be terrific if it could more closely resemble the E-11 from the first game.

Secondly, please consider making Phasma’s staff an equippable melee weapon for a limited time, rather than a slow, three strike weapon that is never practical outside of the droid’s stun feature. It literally provides no benefit unless the opponent is stunned, and is always interrupted by either another melee or a lightsaber, and leaves Phasma vulnerable.

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    The longer you hold down the trigger, the tighter the blasters spread becomes. I’ve actually grown to love it & have a blast taking down enemies with it in HvV. Like you said though her staff strikes still need some work.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    The longer you hold down the trigger, the tighter the blasters spread becomes. I’ve actually grown to love it & have a blast taking down enemies with it in HvV. Like you said though her staff strikes still need some work.

Yeah, her blaster is crazy good in HvV and even GA of you plant her droid around an objective point.

Her staff is very situational. I'd take a damage reduction in exchange for faster strikes.
  • But see that doesn't make any sense to have a long-distance scope on a blaster with a wide initial spread that tightens? Just doesn't work. Now granted, I've used her successfully in the past but HVV is entirely different where you can shock trap every hero that comes your way, but when you're trying to take out a lot of rando's in a GA? Just not as good. I feel like a rate reduction with more realistic spread (y'know, like every other gun in the game) and a little damage buff to compensate for the rate drop would be appropriate. As it is, it takes a LOT of shots to take a target down. Meanwhile Iden Versio's TL-50 has an equal rate of fire and a bunch more damage, it feels like.
  • ZephanUnbound
    2873 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Her blaster is actually pretty good after the initial low accuracy stage. I agree on staff strikes though, replace it with a an equippable staff with maybe a 10 second duration and a 20 second cooldown. Give it maybe 80 damage per strike with a fairly fast swing speed, and let it block lightsaber strikes but not blasters.
  • TMF
    159 posts Member
    I mean, for me Phasma is really too situational and I rarely use her. For my playstyle, she just doesn't work. When I do play her, the staff is absolutely a joke and I never touch it. Fix the staff and make here better at longer distances, not too much better, but a little better.
    -TMFgun3r