criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A.I. Arcade Hero Mode Design HQ

Prev13
SomberingJace
861 posts Member
edited July 22
A.I. HERO ARCADE MODE DESIGN HQ
[The Best Offline Experience]
2d6qjml3dtjr.gif

The Vision
Welcome to the A.I Hero Arcade Mode Design HQ! :sunglasses:
Well just imagine a world where you get to run around as your favorite force senstive you can even bring a friend to beat down some clankers with you if you want
But to put some Cherries on the cake, we added a.i. Heroes you could take on as well.

The Progession System
It would add a whole new adventure feature to the game. First I’m thinking you introduce the new feature in 3 challenge levels. It would go like this:

pp4o59ckl5nj.jpeg

*Ground Assault*
[Level 1] A group of assault Troopers try to netralize you and cut them down

*Imperial Reinforcements*
[Level 2] Heavy troopers come to assist the assault troopers as if we have progressed to the next level they have failed to neutralize us and have all been defeated

*The Boss Level*
[Level 3] An A.I. force senstive like Darth Vader or Darth Sidious and obviously they would need to have a high health bar if it’s just them against you and your friend

~{J.S.}~
feel the force Sombering Jace
Post edited by SomberingJace on

Replies

• I wouldn't count on it. At this rate we'll all be 10 years older before they add the stuff we want in single player. It's really a joke.
  • Arcade is so fun you get to run around as your favorite force senstive you can even bring a friend to beat down some clankerswith you if you want.
    But what would the next level look like what if there were a.i. Heroes you could fight as well what if it was a another section 3 levels first being adult second being heavy and then the final being a boss an ai force senstive like Darth Vader or Darth Sidious and obviously they would need to have a high health bar if it’s just them against you and your friend

AI heroes is my most requested feature for the game.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited May 4
    It’s guys I’m gonna redo this discussion after I finish up with my anakin discussion and and pushing for anakin

Don’t worry this will be readdressed

There are a ton of things I wanna develop here
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread:

I think one of the Devs once said it was difficult to program AI using the special hero abilities. If that's the case preventing us from getting AI heroes, I think they just should add the heroes using only "basic" abilities and weapons. Like their blasters and lightsabers and maybe only one additional ability (like force push for Luke) and leave out the more complicated hero abilities.

I would happily accept AI heroes with less complicated abilities. The devs could either swap out the difficult abilities for simpler ones or, as you said, leave them out completely. As an example of swapping abilities, the dev specifically said that Han's shoulder charge was difficult so, IMO, the devs could replace it with Finn's never miss ability. If the heroes didn't use any special abilities, I would be perfectly happy with that as well. I just REALLY want AI heroes and Villains no matter how good the AI is.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • KlownShueS
    1599 posts Member
    Or "clone" each of the types ie all light sabers have push or pull Ablities and blaster shots like Hans.

Or copy original battlefront 2s no one would be mad. And since they will be putting heroes in open the maps up twice the size. We need running away from Vader space lol
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Or "clone" each of the types ie all light sabers have push or pull Ablities and blaster shots like Hans.

Or copy original battlefront 2s no one would be mad. And since they will be putting heroes in open the maps up twice the size. We need running away from Vader space lol

I'd be happy with cloned abilities as well. Hopefully, if they go this route, there is a set for the saber users with force abilities, a set for gun users, and Palpatine and possibly Boba get their own abilities since they are very unique in their fighting style.
  • Not sure if I'm the only one to think that but honnestly I'll be happy just to see them fighting around and just attacking / defending if not using their powers. I would love to see vader coming from the opposite front destroying mates and deflecting lasers, it's always a pleasure to encounter an opposite side hero.
  • SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited May 15
    Can you post a link to the other thread? :joy:
    ross42899 wrote: »

I think one of the Devs once said it was difficult to program AI using the special hero abilities. If that's the case preventing us from getting AI heroes, I think they just should add the heroes using only "basic" abilities and weapons. Like their blasters and lightsabers and maybe only one additional ability (like force push for Luke) and leave out the more complicated hero abilities.

• LordAmaury wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm the only one to think that but honnestly I'll be happy just to see them fighting around and just attacking / defending if not using their powers. I would love to see vader coming from the opposite front destroying mates and deflecting lasers, it's always a pleasure to encounter an opposite side hero.

I would be very happy with this.
  • Can you post a link to the other thread? :joy:

The post is a copy of the post you quoted. He or she posted it here. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/104564/priority-list-for-arcade-mode#latest

The hero designer said there were difficulties but they were looking into it. He never said they couldn't do it.

• at least you can do co-op versus with heroes vs heroes. My 5 year old loves being Kylo Ren and freezing me all the time or Darth maul and choking me all the time, when i'm Luke or Rey.
  • I wouldn't count on it. At this rate we'll all be 10 years older before they add the stuff we want in single player. It's really a joke.

The ridiculous thing is that we had a.i heroes and villains running around in the original battlefront many years ago... the newer games could totally handle that but they just don't put it in

The ridiculous thing is that we had a.i heroes and villains running around in the original battlefront many years ago... the newer games could totally handle that but they just don't put it in

They seem willing to do more for offline now so; hopefully, that will change.
  • Hopefully, they will mention this in June when the next news reveal occurs.
  • EA Play is Saturday, so we'll see if they mention hero AI.
  • Lmk what you find out!

I would happily accept AI heroes with less complicated abilities. The devs could either swap out the difficult abilities for simpler ones or, as you said, leave them out completely. As an example of swapping abilities, the dev specifically said that Han's shoulder charge was difficult so, IMO, the devs could replace it with Finn's never miss ability. If the heroes didn't use any special abilities, I would be perfectly happy with that as well. I just REALLY want AI heroes and Villains no matter how good the AI is.

• This could change the game drastically
  • They said nothing about offline.
  • Don’t give up
  • I won't. We have a road map coming in June. Something might be there.
  • Alright sounds good let’s see what happens
  • If we get hero AI, I hope we can use them in the new large mode as well as our current Arcade modes.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1042 posts Member
    edited June 16
    Answers from Guillaume Mroz (@ guillaume_mroz), the hero creator have been posted like crazy in the twitter thread. Would someone please ask him about hero AI on twitter? Thanks.
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    969 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Answers from Guillaume Mroz (@ guillaume_mroz), the hero creator have been posted like crazy in the twitter thread. Would someone please ask him about hero AI on twitter? Thanks.

Just tweeted him ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/01StarWarsFan/status/1008152323615608833
  • Thank you very much. Please let me know what he says.
  • Thank you very much. Please let me know what he says.

I will do ur welcome. ;)
  • Oh hi guys this is gonna be one of my new fascinations I’m gonna pour my interests here
  • KlownShueS
    1599 posts Member
    I'm for it! Hero AI and large scale. After trying to get people to play the objective I just want offline. Online is getting...... Upped
  • Please keep your eyes peeled for my new my new game mode development thread guys
  • vyrjola
    44 posts Member
    This needs to happen! It must happen!
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    I'm for it! Hero AI and large scale. After trying to get people to play the objective I just want offline. Online is getting...... Upped

Certainly, playing a large mode with hero AI and objectives in split screen with friends and bots that PTO would be epic!
  • SAM4XE
    221 posts Member
    Judging from what i've seen regarding limited abilities the Ai are capable of using, i'd have to say that Ai heroes will be highly unlikely or at best an extremely low priority for the devs. i really hope i'm wrong but i feel EA will continue to keep offline modes as basic as possible to encourage offline gamers to move to online.
  • SrawDawg
    310 posts Member
    Yes and we should be able to level up characters and things by playing the arcade. So whenever they release these new heros, its going to most likely be very hard to get them, and definitely not every match, which is what would be needed to go from level 0 to 25 with LOTS of play so that you can use the purple cards.
  • Judging from what i've seen regarding limited abilities the Ai are capable of using, i'd have to say that Ai heroes will be highly unlikely or at best an extremely low priority for the devs. i really hope i'm wrong but i feel EA will continue to keep offline modes as basic as possible to encourage offline gamers to move to online.

I am fine with limited abilities. I just want split screen HvV or Hero Showdown.
  • SAM4XE
    221 posts Member
    Judging from what i've seen regarding limited abilities the Ai are capable of using, i'd have to say that Ai heroes will be highly unlikely or at best an extremely low priority for the devs. i really hope i'm wrong but i feel EA will continue to keep offline modes as basic as possible to encourage offline gamers to move to online.

I am fine with limited abilities. I just want split screen HvV or Hero Showdown.

I agree and i would also like to see HvV in Arcade but I what I meant is that if EA Dice don't think it's necessary to fix bugs and flaws that already exist in Arcade, it seems less likely they'll add Heroes/Villians mode to Arcade.
  • Judging from what i've seen regarding limited abilities the Ai are capable of using, i'd have to say that Ai heroes will be highly unlikely or at best an extremely low priority for the devs. i really hope i'm wrong but i feel EA will continue to keep offline modes as basic as possible to encourage offline gamers to move to online.

I agree and i would also like to see HvV in Arcade but I what I meant is that if EA Dice don't think it's necessary to fix bugs and flaws that already exist in Arcade, it seems less likely they'll add Heroes/Villians mode to Arcade.

I am hoping the road map will bring more crystal sales and EA will increase team size because of this.
  • SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited June 21
    It could open up hero quests to

I am hoping the road map will bring more crystal sales and EA will increase team size because of this.

• It could open up hero quests to

That would be cool.
  • Large offline game mode and starfighter assault should be first before this. I never cared about hero AI.
    -A convoluted signature

• SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited June 22
    Please only comment if you have constructive ideas about the topic at hand not negative complaints
    Large offline game mode and starfighter assault should be first before this. I never cared about hero AI.

• Please only comment if you have constructive ideas about the topic at hand not negative complaints
    Large offline game mode and starfighter assault should be first before this. I never cared about hero AI.

It's my opinion, it relates to the topic, it builds off of the topic by showing my preference for single player content where others might agree. It's not negativity just a difference in opinion. There's a difference.

If you want more constructive/in depth feedback on this here is this,

I feel Hero AI is too tedious and costful for developers to focus on given the dev team. Getting the present AI and vehicle AI in big maps killing eachother/taking command post is more simpler then getting a full hero to use intricate abilities. It just is because there are so many variables in dealing with something like that unless you made the hero so brain dead it's not fun.

A starfighter shooting at an objective is much simpler to program then Boba Flying around and determining when to use his intense barrage or Luke predicting when to block with his light saber and using force abilities. I took a few classes over game design and programming, as an elective in school if you wish to believe me or not, so I can see this conceptually that Hero AI would be so incredibly complex.

Plus with solo content players I feel like the emphasis should be on large scale maps and modes so we can be everything on everywhere first before Hero AI and being stuck with Blast maps. You can still be those characters, it's just we can't be armor vehicles, the N-1 starfighter etc
    -A convoluted signature

• ELIMELECH0401
    1042 posts Member
    edited June 23
    I think they could make the hero AI very conditional as to when to use each ability.

For saber users single direction force power (such as Luke's force push) could be based on number of enemies in range from one direction. For characters with a saber throw, the saber throw could be used if there were one not enough enemies for the AI to use a single direction force power. Multi direction force power (such as Luke's repulse) are based off of number of enemies are in range from multiple directions. Personal buffs (Vader's focused rage) could be based off hit points remaining. Group buffs (Rey's insight) could be based off of number of allies in range.

For blaster users explosives could be based on number of enemies in range from one direction where as rapid fire abilities are based off of number of enemies are in range from multiple directions. Iden's pulse cannon could be used as soon as an enemy comes into range.

Traps (Bossk's mines) could be used defensively and be based off hit points remaining.

Since Palps and Boba both have two abilities that the AI would want to use based on the number of enemies in a single direction, the number of allies around could decide which is used. If enough allies are around, Palps uses electrocute and Boba uses concussion rocket. If not enough allies are around, Palps uses chain lightning and Boba uses rocket barrage. If the ability the AI goes to use is on cool down, the AI uses the other one.

Since Finn has two group buffs that the AI would want to use the number of enemies around could decide which is used. If enough enemies are around, Finn uses undercover team. If not enough enemies are around, Finn uses big deal. If the ability the AI goes to use is on cool down, the AI uses the other one.

I have heard the charge abilities were causing the devs problems so I think those can be ignored.

• This is a good point and I agree
    I think they could
    make the hero AI very conditional as to when to use each ability.

For saber users single direction force power (such as Luke's force push) could be based on number of enemies in range from one direction. For characters with a saber throw, the saber throw could be used if there were one not enough enemies for the AI to use a single direction force power. Multi direction force power (such as Luke's repulse) are based off of number of enemies are in range from multiple directions. Personal buffs (Vader's focused rage) could be based off hit points remaining. Group buffs (Rey's insight) could be based off of number of allies in range.

For blaster users explosives could be based on number of enemies in range from one direction where as rapid fire abilities are based off of number of enemies are in range from multiple directions. Iden's pulse cannon could be used as soon as an enemy comes into range.

Traps (Bossk's mines) could be used defensively and be based off hit points remaining.

Since Palps and Boba both have two abilities that the AI would want to use based on the number of enemies in a single direction, the number of allies around could decide which is used. If enough allies are around, Palps uses electrocute and Boba uses concussion rocket. If not enough allies are around, Palps uses chain lightning and Boba uses rocket barrage. If the ability the AI goes to use is on cool down, the AI uses the other one.

Since Finn has two group buffs that the AI would want to use the number of enemies around could decide which is used. If enough enemies are around, Finn uses undercover team. If not enough enemies are around, Finn uses big deal. If the ability the AI goes to use is on cool down, the AI uses the other one.

I have heard the charge abilities were causing the devs problems so I think those can be ignored.

• Please only comment if you have constructive ideas about the topic at hand not negative complaints

It's my opinion, it relates to the topic, it builds off of the topic by showing my preference for single player content where others might agree. It's not negativity just a difference in opinion. There's a difference.

I feel Hero AI is too tedious and costful for developers to focus on given the dev team. Getting the present AI and vehicle AI in big maps killing eachother/taking command post is more simpler then getting a full hero to use intricate abilities. It just is because there are so many variables in dealing with something like that unless you made the hero so brain dead it's not fun.

A starfighter shooting at an objective is much simpler to program then Boba Flying around and determining when to use his intense barrage or Luke predicting when to block with his light saber and using force abilities. I took a few classes over game design and programming, as an elective in school if you wish to believe me or not, so I can see this conceptually that Hero AI would be so incredibly complex.

Plus with solo content players I feel like the emphasis should be on large scale maps and modes so we can be everything on everywhere first before Hero AI and being stuck with Blast maps. You can still be those characters, it's just we can't be armor vehicles, the N-1 starfighter etc

I would prefer the AI to use abilities; however, if what I described in my last post in this thread is too complicated, I would be fine with the hero AI not using abilities. I would be fine if saber users blocked and dodged to get close enough to attack and blaster characters being a class build that is close to the hero. The hero characters should maintain hero HP. I just would like to be able to fight against the characters.

I would prefer the AI to use abilities; however, if what I described in my last post in this thread is too complicated, I would be fine with the hero AI not using abilities. I would be fine if saber users blocked and dodged to get close enough to attack and blaster characters being a class build that is close to the hero. The hero characters should maintain hero HP. I just would like to be able to fight against the characters.

Yeah that would be tolerable imo, they could certainly push objectives and such (if objective are ever added) but where a player could come and deal with them to stop a push, Kinda like how there are certain trooper classes in campaign, multiplayer of BF2015, etc just hero classes. Boba could be a buffed jet trooper, Darth Vader would just do like a lightsaber fling and cut with lightsabers with buffed health or something. I could see that.

The only problem I see is that DICE would need to make each hero a little different in a way and animatd and program each one individually and that is just time and money and idk if it would ever be implemented. Would be nice though.
    -A convoluted signature

Yeah that would be tolerable imo, they could certainly push objectives and such (if objective are ever added) but where a player could come and deal with them to stop a push, Kinda like how there are certain trooper classes in campaign, multiplayer of BF2015, etc just hero classes. Boba could be a buffed jet trooper, Darth Vader would just do like a lightsaber fling and cut with lightsabers with buffed health or something. I could see that.

The only problem I see is that DICE would need to make each hero a little different in a way and animatd and program each one individually and that is just time and money and idk if it would ever be implemented. Would be nice though.

They could use so of the different builds already in Arcade. For example, I have seen officers drop shields as well as turrets. If only one of Vader's abilities make it in I hope it is the choke hold because that is iconic to his character.
  • If they add a.i heroes it will instantly make it the best game becuase now you have the graphics the online mode and you have the the traditionally game deleting as a starwars gaming experinces in the beginning were a.i
  • SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited July 1
    But then you could introduce levels and all kinds of rewards it instantly becomes the best

Click here to see the original full post
    Post edited by SomberingJace on