criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A.I. Arcade Hero Mode Design HQ

Replies

• If they add a.i heroes it will instantly make it the best game becuase now you have the graphics the online mode and you have the the traditionally game deleting as a starwars gaming experinces in the beginning were a.i

Hero AI would certainly multiply the fun factor of the game. Offline local mp is the way I like to play so I would love to see this.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Sad truth is offline is fading...
  • SAM4XE
    218 posts Member
    Evazan127 wrote: »

Very true! Large scale offline battles are doubtful (certainly anytime this year) so the likelihood of heroes are almost non existent.
  • Come on guys if we get Obi and grevious nearly a year after launch we can certainly get ai heros in an arcade mode already developed
    feel the force Sombering Jace

• Evazan127 wrote: »

Very true! Large scale offline battles are doubtful (certainly anytime this year) so the likelihood of heroes are almost non existent.

We are getting a large mode in Arcade.
    Come on guys if we get Obi and grevious nearly a year after launch we can certainly get ai heros in an arcade mode already developed

I think we will get hero AI; however, it may be months away. Battle Front Updates stated in his stream they are hiring staff to work on the game. If he is accurate, I think content will speed up this fall.

I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Very good point
  • mastery0ta
    4858 posts Member
    Evazan127 wrote: »

We are getting a large mode in Arcade.
    Come on guys if we get Obi and grevious nearly a year after launch we can certainly get ai heros in an arcade mode already developed

I think we will get hero AI; however, it may be months away. Battle Front Updates stated in his stream they are hiring staff to work on the game. If he is accurate, I think content will speed up this fall.

Hiring staff you say? Most excellent news
  • Battle Front Updates said that in his waiting for the road map stream. If he is correct, I'm hoping the new new staff brings hero AI and other content to Arcade.
  • mastery0ta
    4858 posts Member
    Battle Front Updates said that in his waiting for the road map stream. If he is correct, I'm hoping the new new staff brings hero AI and other content to Arcade.

Definitely! Hero AI brings us one step closer to this game lasting forever offline
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Battle Front Updates said that in his waiting for the road map stream. If he is correct, I'm hoping the new new staff brings hero AI and other content to Arcade.

Definitely! Hero AI brings us one step closer to this game lasting forever offline

I'd like to be able to play against AI heroes for decades to come.
  • My hero quest thread is coming soon
  • So we can talk about how a.i heros can come into that
    So we can talk about how a.i heros can come into that

I look forward to it. I am eager to hear new ways hero AI could be implemented into the game. I am curious as what you mean by hero quests as well.

Do you have an ETA for this?
  • What’s eta?
  • Estimated time of arrival
  • SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Within the month for sure
    I just have to finish repolishing my obiwan concept
  • Ok thanks
  • Sure :smile:
    Ok thanks

• ELIMELECH0401
    1033 posts Member
    edited July 28
    More thoughts on implementing hero AI: I hope they do hero AI for all the modes we have now plus any new modes added; however, if they made some of their battle scenarios to be hero boss fights, that would be better than nothing.
  • Maybe we can work together to build some a.i Level ideas
  • Since it would go perfectly into heros quests to
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1033 posts Member
    edited July 29
    Would you give a brief summary of what the hero quests are? Thanks

One idea for Star Killer Base would be Rey and Finn vs Kylo and Phasma with gameplay similar to Hero Showdown.
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on
  • If they add a.i heroes it will instantly make it the best game becuase now you have the graphics the online mode and you have the the traditionally game deleting as a starwars gaming experinces in the beginning were a.i

Hero AI would certainly multiply the fun factor of the game. Offline local mp is the way I like to play so I would love to see this.

Dude I hear you, I think I am a total addict. I just realized that I literally can not go a day with out playing Offline Walker Assault “Skirmish” on Star Wars Battlefront (2015); it’s scary...I crave it, it’s sooooo fun; especially since they seemed to have made the A.I. more aggressive...I’m totally loving it.

If they bring to Star Wars Battfront 2 (2017) Arcade this new huge mode and it has A.I. villains and heroes, I will simply freak out; I honestly will do triple flips.
    “There is always hope.”
  • SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited August 2
    Yes Hero Quests would be special designed offline level quests that you take to unlock unique
    characters in the game

This would involve New a.i. Levels and require a.i heros and villains hence the relevance to this topic

One idea for Star Killer Base would be Rey and Finn vs Kylo and Phasma with gameplay similar to Hero Showdown.

• But I can also see simple death matches being added as well like 2 v 2 like you were saying you and a friend versus two a.i. Heroes or 1v1 etc.
  • Yes Hero Quests would be special designed offline level quests that you take to unlock unique
    characters in the game

This would involve New a.i. Levels and require a.i heros and villains hence the relevance to this topic

That sounds awesome. My only concern with it is EA wants to sell the skins so they may not be willing to do it.
    But I can also see simple death matches being added as well like 2 v 2 like you were saying you and a friend versus two a.i. Heroes or 1v1 etc.

The death matches would be fun even if each hero was locked to specific maps though having hero show down or HvV offline would be epic. If Arcade gets objectives, I think hero AI could be programmed solely to defend their objectives so the player has to deal with a tougher enemy to take an objective.
  • SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited August 2
  • KresusFIN
    1377 posts Member
    A.I. HERO ARCADE MODE DESIGN HQ
    [The Best Offline Experience]
    2d6qjml3dtjr.gif

The Vision
    Welcome to the A.I Hero Arcade Mode Design HQ! :sunglasses:
    Well just imagine a world where you get to run around as your favorite force senstive you can even bring a friend to beat down some clankers with you if you want
    But to put some Cherries on the cake, we added a.i. Heroes you could take on as well.

The Progession System
    It would add a whole new adventure feature to the game. First I’m thinking you introduce the new feature in 3 challenge levels. It would go like this:

pp4o59ckl5nj.jpeg

*Ground Assault*
    [Level 1] A group of assault Troopers try to netralize you and cut them down

*Imperial Reinforcements*
    [Level 2] Heavy troopers come to assist the assault troopers as if we have progressed to the next level they have failed to neutralize us and have all been defeated

*The Boss Level*
    [Level 3] An A.I. force senstive like Darth Vader or Darth Sidious and obviously they would need to have a high health bar if it’s just them against you and your friend

~{J.S.}~

Yes please. And to make it better, lock HvV completely until you've achieved a certain milestone goal with every hero you want to play on there.
    We'll start seeing the gameplay improve by miles, rather than this silly "Haa, i has litsabr, am gon run in alone against all 4 and press r1- but ho i die, am jedi god REEEEE!"

I literally cannot imagine the thought process going through their heads as anything but that.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Love it!
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    2d6qjml3dtjr.gif

The Vision
    Well just imagine a world where you get to run around as your favorite force senstive you can even bring a friend to beat down some clankers with you if you want
    But to put some Cherries on the cake, we added a.i. Heroes you could take on as well.

The Progession System
    It would add a whole new adventure feature to the game. First I’m thinking you introduce the new feature in 3 challenge levels. It would go like this:

pp4o59ckl5nj.jpeg

*Ground Assault*

[Level 2] Heavy troopers come to assist the assault troopers as if we have progressed to the next level they have failed to neutralize us and have all been defeated

*The Boss Level*
    [Level 3] An A.I. force senstive like Darth Vader or Darth Sidious and obviously they would need to have a high health bar if it’s just them against you and your friend

~{J.S.}~

Yes please. And to make it better, lock HvV completely until you've achieved a certain milestone goal with every hero you want to play on there.
    We'll start seeing the gameplay improve by miles, rather than this silly "Haa, i has litsabr, am gon run in alone against all 4 and press r1- but ho i die, am jedi god REEEEE!"

I literally cannot imagine the thought process going through their heads as anything but that.

• Good news guys after my Obi-Wan kenobi is done I’ll start on my heroes quests
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    2d6qjml3dtjr.gif

The Vision

The Progession System

pp4o59ckl5nj.jpeg

*Ground Assault*

*The Boss Level*

~{J.S.}~

I think Sombering Jace's post sounds epic, I would love to see that happen. They should not lock HvV.
  • Hopefully the devs will consider the hero quests.
  • Hopefully, the community transmission or road map mentions this.
  • Yeah the Obi-Wan concept is taking forever :joy:
  • Yeah the Obi-Wan concept is taking forever :joy:

I look forward to hearing it. Would these hero quests be available for split screen?
  • SomberingJace
    861 posts Member
    edited August 22
    I was Thinking they would be online hero quest that require four people or a full group part of a new update
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread:

I think one of the Devs once said it was difficult to program AI using the special hero abilities. If that's the case preventing us from getting AI heroes, I think they just should add the heroes using only "basic" abilities and weapons. Like their blasters and lightsabers and maybe only one additional ability (like force push for Luke) and leave out the more complicated hero abilities.

I'm hesitant to agree, but it would be something.
  • I still have this dream about Galactic Conquest/Assault and HvV AI combat, then Galactic Conquest/Assault would be mode including full scale battles on ground and in space with starships infiltration and heroes included. I have a dream that devs make this happen before community make this kind of Hero AI mods like it was in SWBF2005. Devs shouldn't bother about using special abilities so much, basic sword dueling is enough for starters and blaster heroes should be using trooper AI, that should not be so difficult to program.

SWBF2005 Hero AI mini mod:
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    I still have this dream about Galactic Conquest/Assault and HvV AI combat, then Galactic Conquest/Assault would be mode including full scale battles on ground and in space with starships infiltration and heroes included. I have a dream that devs make this happen before community make this kind of Hero AI mods like it was in SWBF2005. Devs shouldn't bother about using special abilities so much, basic sword dueling is enough for starters and blaster heroes should be using trooper AI, that should not be so difficult to program.

I would be cool with simple hero AI.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    I still have this dream about Galactic Conquest/Assault and HvV AI combat, then Galactic Conquest/Assault would be mode including full scale battles on ground and in space with starships infiltration and heroes included. I have a dream that devs make this happen before community make this kind of Hero AI mods like it was in SWBF2005. Devs shouldn't bother about using special abilities so much, basic sword dueling is enough for starters and blaster heroes should be using trooper AI, that should not be so difficult to program.

I would be cool with simple hero AI. That hero AI as well as the hero AI the SWBF2 2005 was fine.
  • I was Thinking they would be online hero quest that require four people or a full group part of a new update

Hopefully the hero AI would work in Arcade too.
  • I agree :smile:
  • I agree :smile:

The more modes that support hero AI the better.
  • I would love to be able to have 2 people controlling heroes cooperatively in split screen against AI controlled heroes.
  • That would be cool
  • That would be cool

Thanks, I can't wait to hear an update about what the devs think of hero AI.
  • See and I think what will really send this game to the top is when you’re connection is lagging to much against other online players it’d be nice to be able to have a duel with an ai hero plus on top of that you could get better and hone your skills
  • See and I think what will really send this game to the top is when you’re connection is lagging to much against other online players it’d be nice to be able to have a duel with an ai hero plus on top of that you could get better and hone your skills

Indeed.
  • My Obi-wan concept is up if you’re ant to help it out!