criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

A.I. Arcade Hero Mode Design HQ

124Next

Replies

• SomberingJace
    897 posts Member
    edited March 3
    Really? :smile:
    Ben Walke is trying to get the road map out in March; hopefully, it mentions hero AI and the large mode for Arcade.

feel the force Sombering Jace
  • I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • i would LOVE this mode!
  • i would LOVE this mode!

Hero AI and the large scale mode would make Arcade 1000x better.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • It sounds like they might be able to talk about this game more in April. Hopefully, we learn more about hero AI then.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I'd love to play CS offline with hero AI.
  • SomberingJace
    897 posts Member
    edited March 26
    I think they said something about adding more content to arcade mode becuase right the maps are very limited and teams are limited to 10-20 players
  • I think they said something about adding more content to arcade mode becuase right the maps are very limited and teams are limited to 10-20 players

They are working on a large mode for Arcade. Today a dev said it is taking longer than they hoped.
    Hopefully, the AI can use heroes in it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b5j4c5/battlefront_ii_is_far_from_done/
  • Dennis said there would be some AI tweaks in the next client patch. I hope this includes hero AI.
  • SAM4XE
    317 posts Member
    edited April 3
    Dennis said there would be some AI tweaks in the next client patch. I hope this includes hero AI.

You're joking, right? By their own admission Offline stuff is such a low priority for them and hero Ai would probably be more time consuming to code compared to other arcade stuff. You really need to lower your expectations to something a little more realistic.

When Dennis said Ai improvements he's probably talking about minor tweaks not significant improvements like in Capital supremacy.
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    Dennis said there would be some AI tweaks in the next client patch. I hope this includes hero AI.

You're joking, right? By their own admission Offline stuff is such a low priority for them and hero Ai would probably be more time consuming to code compared to other arcade stuff. You really need to lower your expectations to something a little more realistic.

When Dennis said Ai improvements he's probably talking about minor tweaks not significant improvements like in Capital supremacy.

No I am not joking. They could do simple hero AI and I would be happy. There are a lot of requests for this feature. Low priority could mean a smaller team and it could come later in the game's life. I said I hope it is in the next patch not I expect it to be.
  • SAM4XE
    317 posts Member
    SAM4XE wrote: »

No I am not joking. They could do simple hero AI and I would be happy. There are a lot of requests for this feature. Low priority could mean a smaller team and it could come later in the game's life. I said I hope it is in the next patch not I expect it to be.

Looks like your "hopes"of hero ai are almost certainly dashed .
    Btw! EA saying " something were not currently talking about" can be
    roughly translated as meaning never gonna happen. l4h39opm0ohu.jpg
  • SAM4XE wrote: »
    SAM4XE wrote: »

Looks like your "hopes"of hero ai are almost certainly dashed .
    Btw! EA saying " something were not currently talking about" can be
    roughly translated as meaning never gonna happen. l4h39opm0ohu.jpg

Some have said they would be happy with hero AI that did not use abilities. I certainly would. There was some posts on reddit underneath that post saying they would be happy with no ability hero AI. Hopefully, Dice will do that.
  • Even If hero AI is the last they add to the game, I would be happy. I just hope it arrives before they stop supporting the game.
  • There are people on Reddit saying they would be cool with hero AI that did not use abilities, so let's make it happen.
  • A 4 player local co-op mode similar to HvV would be amazing!
  • It would be awesome to have a new local co-op Jedi based game. Adding in hero AI would allow SWBF 2 to resemble this.
  • Hopefully, they come up with some way of hero battles for split screen co-op.
  • Instead of doing all the abilities, they could just just do common abilities, or non at all.
  • The AI can already close distance between them and the player, the devs could use this for the saber wielder AI.
  • Spiito
    1846 posts Member
    Some have said they would be happy with hero AI that did not use abilities. I certainly would. There was some posts on reddit underneath that post saying they would be happy with no ability hero AI. Hopefully, Dice will do that.

Some others in this thread have mentioned they'd be fine with with that. You can count me among the supporters for simple A.I. too. I see potential for Hero A.I in online & offline modes.

If people don't want basic bot heroes, why not just invent new skills for the heroes that would be more A.I friendly.
    I imagine these are the most problematic skills that would require replacing,
    -Han's shoulder rush
    -Maul's spin attack
    -Rey's dash strike
    -Yoda's dash attack
    -Grievous' thrust surge, claw rush, and potentially his unrelenting advance...
    -Obi-wan's defensive rush
    -Chewie's charge slam
    -Kylo's frenzy (maybe)
    Hypothetical optional skills to put onto bots to help resolve some of these above issues,

-Han could fire a bow caster shot (in reference to when he does so in the Force Awakens)
    -Maul could summon another simple A.I (one that is actually in character be obtuse,) Savage Opress.
    -Rey could could switch to NN-14 blaster pistol (for extended use or for a single powerful shot)
    -Yoda ... Could space-magic some electrical energy to occur over someone's head and then cause lasting burning damage to the target. . .
    -Grievous could have swap to DT-57 for extended use, & he could summon battle droids to do his fighting for him, and/or he could summon magna guards to run around with him.
    -Obi-wan could have a switch to sniper rifle skill. (for a single shot or extended use)
    -Chewie could fling a ""mud ball bomb"" or he could pull a porg snack out of his purse and eat it to gain a damage boost or something. He could even use a hydro spanner multi purpose space wrench ability for who knows what

I get that it would take time to make hero A.I viable, but everything takes time, and A.I are the only next best thing if there aren't going to be many players on in the (inevitably empty) future.

"A fair fight is where everyone loses."
  • Spiito wrote: »

Some others in this thread have mentioned they'd be fine with with that. You can count me among the supporters for simple A.I. too. I see potential for Hero A.I in online & offline modes.

If people don't want basic bot heroes, why not just invent new skills for the heroes that would be more A.I friendly.
    I imagine these are the most problematic skills that would require replacing,
    -Han's shoulder rush
    -Maul's spin attack
    -Rey's dash strike
    -Yoda's dash attack
    -Grievous' thrust surge, claw rush, and potentially his unrelenting advance...
    -Obi-wan's defensive rush
    -Chewie's charge slam
    -Kylo's frenzy (maybe)
    Hypothetical optional skills to put onto bots to help resolve some of these above issues,

-Han could fire a bow caster shot (in reference to when he does so in the Force Awakens)
    -Maul could summon another simple A.I (one that is actually in character be obtuse,) Savage Opress.
    -Rey could could switch to NN-14 blaster pistol (for extended use or for a single powerful shot)
    -Yoda ... Could space-magic some electrical energy to occur over someone's head and then cause lasting burning damage to the target. . .
    -Grievous could have swap to DT-57 for extended use, & he could summon battle droids to do his fighting for him, and/or he could summon magna guards to run around with him.
    -Obi-wan could have a switch to sniper rifle skill. (for a single shot or extended use)
    -Chewie could fling a ""mud ball bomb"" or he could pull a porg snack out of his purse and eat it to gain a damage boost or something. He could even use a hydro spanner multi purpose space wrench ability for who knows what

I get that it would take time to make hero A.I viable, but everything takes time, and A.I are the only next best thing if there aren't going to be many players on in the (inevitably empty) future.

These are great ideas and I agree about the AI helping with the future of the game.
  • SomberingJace
    897 posts Member
    edited June 2
    Imagine we could do an A.I. 1v1 offline obi-wan against Anakin mustfar
    tenkhqj7ybf5.jpeg
  • I'm also onboard with simple hero AI that doesn't use special abilities instead of just having no hero AI whatsoever.
  • Another solution would be to have only one hero and one villain from each era that the AI could use with all or most of their abilities, excluding the problematic ones like shoulder rush, etc.
  • Another solution would be to have only one hero and one villain from each era that the AI could use with all or most of their abilities, excluding the problematic ones like shoulder rush, etc.

I personally would prefer the simple ai so we could fight against all the characters.
  • Imagine we could do an A.I. 1v1 offline obi-wan against Anakin mustfar
    tenkhqj7ybf5.jpeg

Hero Ai would allow us to set up numerous iconic scenes it would be awesome.
  • Another option for the hero AI would be to create a melee reinforcement and use the reinforcement AI for the heroes.
  • I am thinking creating a melee reinforcement and using the reinforcement AI for the heroes would make hero AI much easier to do.
  • I think fighting a hero character with a lot of health at the end of an Arcade match would be awesome even if the hero AI just used basic attacks.
  • Since the new mode sounds like it might be outside Arcade, fighting a hero character with a lot of health at the end of a match in that mode would also be awesome.
  • These hero battles could be optional.
  • Some one on reddit said "at least BF2005 had hero AI and F9rge responded with a ":o".  I hope this means something for this game.
  • f9rge  was supposed to be f8rge.
  • Sylo took f8rge's response as a tease for hero AI.  I hope it is.
  • I hope they add it because seeing the Arcade that Blank is disgusting even the Modders doing a better work
  • Xherdos said:
    I hope they add it because seeing the Arcade that Blank is disgusting even the Modders doing a better work
    I hope plenty of things come to Arcade;  however, hero AI would be my favorite.
  • Hopefully, they will mention hero AI in the August reveal for PVE since there is more talk about it.
  • It sounds like Gamescom is where the PVE stuff will be announced; I hope they give a definitive answer to simple hero AI then.
  • Hoping for info about hero AI next week.
  • Starmasui73146
    1138 posts Member
    edited 6:30AM
    Here's hoping.
    “There is always hope.”