criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Seriously? Wow

Prev1
A_C0NFU53D_SH03
581 posts Member
edited April 2018
I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

Replies

  • They are either going to do season 2 as a CW season to celebrate the aniversary of RotS and The First episode of the CW tv show or it will just be season 3 because they just wanted to plan it that way
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME


  • ryanjk
    472 posts Member
    Or not seems like not
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    You and everyone else
    Psn: Jello770
  • I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

    Yes, if you count Yoda as a CT hero there is only one exclusive PT hero, but seeing as Yoda didn't fight in the CT it's pretty hard to justify calling him a CT hero. You also ignored the fact that Palpatine, Chewie and Bossk are PT era, as well as CT era.

    You could make a similar argument about any era except ST, as so far their characters are only active in the ST. If you look at how many heroes are exclusively CT though you have Boba, Iden, Vader and Lando, everyone else from the CT is available in other eras.

    Chewie is all eras, Han, Luke, Leai are all CT and ST. Bossk, Yoda, and Palpatine are PT and CT.

    I want more clone wars as well, but this "we only have one PT hero" is simply not true. It's creating a false narrative to try to make your point seem stronger, which isn't necessary.
  • TjPunx
    1242 posts Member
    Thankfully no CW content. Although if it was from the movies and not the show it’d be okay
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Thankfully no CW content. Although if it was from the movies and not the show it’d be okay

    CW content doesn't mean show content..movies heroes and maps need to be added first. When I saw CW content I mean Episodes 2-3, since it's a Clone Wars era

    You don't want TCW content :smile:
  • Y'all need to calm down. We will be getting clone wars content.

    Would you rather it be perfect? Or buggy rushed messes.

    +1 ..I'm not a big CW buff myself but will play it. I enjoy what what's been released thus far in the prequel era.. And if they don't get Grievous rite, the forums will be ablaze seriously....Now, try being a Rogue One fan. I have to wait for the CW addicts, then more ST, the OT, then...hello? please? hello? BATTLES? As-in, EPIC BATTLES? ...[inteference/bleep-ty-bloop] help me Obi Wan..you're my only hope...[fade-out]
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...


  • Honestly it's not just about episodes 2-3 its about episodes 1-3 (the prequel trilogy). Dont forget young kenobi. They could brand it as clone wars content but it needs content from all the prequel films.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Y'all need to calm down. We will be getting clone wars content.

    Would you rather it be perfect? Or buggy rushed messes.

    This. I can't say this enough.

    I don't get why everyone thinks just because it wasn't the FIRST update that it's never happening.
    "He's no Jedi..."
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    univurshul wrote: »
    Y'all need to calm down. We will be getting clone wars content.

    Would you rather it be perfect? Or buggy rushed messes.

    +1 ..I'm not a big CW buff myself but will play it. I enjoy what what's been released thus far in the prequel era.. And if they don't get Grievous rite, the forums will be ablaze seriously....Now, try being a Rogue One fan. I have to wait for the CW addicts, then more ST, the OT, then...hello? please? hello? BATTLES? As-in, EPIC BATTLES? ...[inteference/bleep-ty-bloop] help me Obi Wan..you're my only hope...[fade-out]

    I like all 3 eras dont matter to me what it is. Ill enjoy it as an added bonus to this game.
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Thankfully no CW content. Although if it was from the movies and not the show it’d be okay

    CW content doesn't mean show content..movies heroes and maps need to be added first. When I saw CW content I mean Episodes 2-3, since it's a Clone Wars era

    You don't want TCW content :smile:

    Episodes 1-3 and we will more than likely get tcw content as well.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Just be patient they have other priorities with the new Solo movie coming out and it doesn't make sense to make such a big update such as new hero's without it being in a formal season.
  • I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

    Disney controls content release as well and with a 10 yr anniversary coming up in a few months, the king of capitalizing will wait til then and make a huge deal of it. DICE most likely has beta version of everything already done, it's a matter of the ip holder to license the release.
  • WhiteMaceWindu69
    507 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    g2edui6jzwj1.jpg


    How i feel about anything clone wars at this point
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • I don't see why people are against it. Sure the solo movie season is more than likely coming, but CW has so much to offer. It's not so much my preference, grew up with OT, as just wanting more content. The more the better and it has the most to provide.
  • hsop.gif

    Here we go...again
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I don't see why people are against it. Sure the solo movie season is more than likely coming, but CW has so much to offer. It's not so much my preference, grew up with OT, as just wanting more content. The more the better and it has the most to provide.

    We're not against it, just tired of every other thread whining about not having it yet and wanting it.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    this thread wont affect anything. its a vent thread. we've seen this over and over and over.

    I find your lack of faith disturbing
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • univurshul wrote: »
    Y'all need to calm down. We will be getting clone wars content.

    Would you rather it be perfect? Or buggy rushed messes.

    +1 ..I'm not a big CW buff myself but will play it. I enjoy what what's been released thus far in the prequel era.. And if they don't get Grievous rite, the forums will be ablaze seriously....Now, try being a Rogue One fan. I have to wait for the CW addicts, then more ST, the OT, then...hello? please? hello? BATTLES? As-in, EPIC BATTLES? ...[inteference/bleep-ty-bloop] help me Obi Wan..you're my only hope...[fade-out]

    I like all 3 eras dont matter to me what it is. Ill enjoy it as an added bonus to this game.
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Thankfully no CW content. Although if it was from the movies and not the show it’d be okay

    CW content doesn't mean show content..movies heroes and maps need to be added first. When I saw CW content I mean Episodes 2-3, since it's a Clone Wars era

    You don't want TCW content :smile:

    Episodes 1-3 and we will more than likely get tcw content as well.

    TPM doesn't have Clone Wars conflict and it's event probably won't get into a game, as well as Qui-Gon Jinn- so nah, Episodes 2-3.
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

    Yes, if you count Yoda as a CT hero there is only one exclusive PT hero, but seeing as Yoda didn't fight in the CT it's pretty hard to justify calling him a CT hero. You also ignored the fact that Palpatine, Chewie and Bossk are PT era, as well as CT era.

    You could make a similar argument about any era except ST, as so far their characters are only active in the ST. If you look at how many heroes are exclusively CT though you have Boba, Iden, Vader and Lando, everyone else from the CT is available in other eras.

    Chewie is all eras, Han, Luke, Leai are all CT and ST. Bossk, Yoda, and Palpatine are PT and CT.

    I want more clone wars as well, but this "we only have one PT hero" is simply not true. It's creating a false narrative to try to make your point seem stronger, which isn't necessary.

    what do you mean by "CT"???
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Yeah. But Battlefront video games have never had cartoon/comic content mixed in with movie content.

    It's never going to happen ..it's the dumbest idea since greedo shot first

    Save this post..and in a year when they finally add clone wars content ..remember I said it

  • I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

    Don't expect to get what you are asking for. They wouldn't be able to sell you on the "Next" Star Wars game .
    This game is what it is at this point. They are selling a snapshot in time, which at the moment predominantly revolves around TLJ and Solo. The sooner you accept it the happier you will be.
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    saltydog wrote: »
    I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

    Don't expect to get what you are asking for. They wouldn't be able to sell you on the "Next" Star Wars game .
    This game is what it is at this point. They are selling a snapshot in time, which at the moment predominantly revolves around TLJ and Solo. The sooner you accept it the happier you will be.

    Yes. Yes. To saltydog you listen. The cave. Remember your failure at the cave.
  • The game released back in November. I expected something prequel era by now. Jesus!

    and yet when l **** about it...people bash on me
  • I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

    Plays fly size violin
    Two players on different teams....
    1 credit for join a game that ends.

    b6vzww.jpg
  • I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

    I want more clone wars as well, but this "we only have one PT hero" is simply not true. It's creating a false narrative to try to make your point seem stronger, which isn't necessary.

    Yes, it actually is true. Chewbacca, Emperor, Vader, and Yoda all originated from the original trilogy. I want prequel characters.
  • Better luck next month(s)
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Better luck next month(s)

    There won't be anymore "next months" for a lot of people on Star Wars Battlefront 2 if this continues.
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Reguardless

    To have cartoon heroes and or characters a long side movie characters is just dumb.

    It can have all the hints and dialog like you said
    Doesn't matter. The 2 just don't mix

    Edit.. im not saying clone wars Is a bad idea
    But seems people are also expecting other cartoon stuff like Rebels to be added.
    And it just doesn't make sense.
    But then again ..neither of the development phases for both games do either
    So you might be on to something here
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    Reguardless

    To have cartoon heroes and or characters a long side movie characters is just dumb.

    It can have all the hints and dialog like you said
    Doesn't matter. The 2 just don't mix

    The cartoon characters can be made to look more realistic. Star Wars Force Arena did this with Ahsoka
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    Reguardless

    To have cartoon heroes and or characters a long side movie characters is just dumb.

    It can have all the hints and dialog like you said
    Doesn't matter. The 2 just don't mix

    How about no, why is it a problem?
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    Reguardless

    To have cartoon heroes and or characters a long side movie characters is just dumb.

    And having Yoda alongside Rey isn't dumb?
    Regardless of whether or not it's a "cartoon" is irrelevant, what matters is whether or not it's canon. People can dislike the chosen media form all they like, but at the end of day whether it's an animation, a comic book, a novel, or a video game, if it's canon then it's part of the Star Wars story and anything that falls under that umbrella is fair game for the DICE devs to add to this game.
    But, once again, I feel it must be reiterated that whilst there are people who very vocally want content from the CW show in this game, the general consensus when it comes to referencing the Clone Wars with regards to new content is the entire era and not simply the characters, locations and event of the show. Literally anything from that era would be much welcome at this point, and this includes the movie events and characters such as the Battle of Geonosis, the Battle of Coruscant, the Battle of Utapau, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous, Dooku, Padme, Jango, Mace, etc. In fact, most people requesting Clone Wars content want the movie stuff before DICE consider adding anything from the show. And if DICE do add stuff from the show further down the line, who cares? It would add more content to the game and that's all that matters.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    The game released back in November. I expected something prequel era by now. Jesus!

    That was your bad... I purchased the game expecting nothing more than what was there at release... and I have not been disappointed!
  • @meshugene89

    Just answer this.. is your login word play for the band Meshuggah?


  • dada_shift wrote: »
    @meshugene89

    Just answer this.. is your login word play for the band Meshuggah?


    No, it's yiddish for "crazy one".
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • acc751 wrote: »
    I'm just 100 percent disappointed in the lack of clone wars content. We have 10 original trilogy heroes and 11 if you count Yoda as one! But only 2 prequel heroes (again, one if you count Yoda as OT). It's kind of sickening. We get ewoks but no Obi Wan or Grevious. I don't even care if it's a season or not. Just add them!

    Yes, if you count Yoda as a CT hero there is only one exclusive PT hero, but seeing as Yoda didn't fight in the CT it's pretty hard to justify calling him a CT hero. You also ignored the fact that Palpatine, Chewie and Bossk are PT era, as well as CT era.

    You could make a similar argument about any era except ST, as so far their characters are only active in the ST. If you look at how many heroes are exclusively CT though you have Boba, Iden, Vader and Lando, everyone else from the CT is available in other eras.

    Chewie is all eras, Han, Luke, Leai are all CT and ST. Bossk, Yoda, and Palpatine are PT and CT.

    I want more clone wars as well, but this "we only have one PT hero" is simply not true. It's creating a false narrative to try to make your point seem stronger, which isn't necessary.

    what do you mean by "CT"???

    Classic trilogy. I've seen it referred to as both OT and CT depending on the site.
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    Yeah. But Battlefront video games have never had cartoon/comic content mixed in with movie content.

    It's never going to happen ..it's the dumbest idea since greedo shot first

    Save this post..and in a year when they finally add clone wars content ..remember I said it

    This game already has an abundance of material from the cartoon. The idea that they won't add anymore because some people are against it makes as much sense as saying they won't add anymore ST or PT content ever because some fans don't like those movies.
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    @meshugene89

    Just answer this.. is your login word play for the band Meshuggah?


    No, it's yiddish for "crazy one".

    Ok.. well every time I see it ..it reads Meshuggah(one of my fav bands)

    Carry on with your clone wars discussion 8)
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    The game released back in November. I expected something prequel era by now. Jesus!

    That was your bad... I purchased the game expecting nothing more than what was there at release... and I have not been disappointed!

    I purchased it expecting additional content besides from The Last Jedi to be released by now. As promised.
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    Yeah. But Battlefront video games have never had cartoon/comic content mixed in with movie content.

    It's never going to happen ..it's the dumbest idea since greedo shot first

    Save this post..and in a year when they finally add clone wars content ..remember I said it

    This game already has an abundance of material from the cartoon. The idea that they won't add anymore because some people are against it makes as much sense as saying they won't add anymore ST or PT content ever because some fans don't like those movies.

    Ok..ok.. so between Meshuggahs post and this..
    Obviously there is TONS of Clone wars era stuff in this game

    So what else is there to ask for outside of a few skins and a planet or 2
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    dada_shift wrote: »
    Yeah. But Battlefront video games have never had cartoon/comic content mixed in with movie content.

    It's never going to happen ..it's the dumbest idea since greedo shot first

    Save this post..and in a year when they finally add clone wars content ..remember I said it

    This game already has an abundance of material from the cartoon. The idea that they won't add anymore because some people are against it makes as much sense as saying they won't add anymore ST or PT content ever because some fans don't like those movies.

    Ok..ok.. so between Meshuggahs post and this..
    Obviously there is TONS of Clone wars era stuff in this game

    So what else is there to ask for outside of a few skins and a planet or 2

    Characters. It's really that simple. Not only does the PT not have enough villains to support a fraction of the available heroes, TCW expanded on many of the characters from the film and made characters out of extras.

    If we're stuck with only films we've got very few villains left. Jango, Doku, Grevious, and then your down to third stringers like Zam. The show added a plethora of vilians. As I mentioned earlier it also massively expands on characters who are only ever seen in the films, such as Plo Koon, Comander Cody, Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, and even classic extras like Boosk and Dengar.

    Here's my question, why are you so opposed to the inclusion of more clone wars content? Who would you rather see added after we go through the very few available villains?
  • I'm not opposed at all..I welcome anything other than a bandaid on chewie and a scar on kylo or ears poking threw yodas cloak or heads that are recycled from the last game or ones that have been in game since launch via the campaign (which we should have had months ago due to how simple it is to include..but "muh prog system is broke and took months to fix apparently)

    It's just since 2015 that has been the majority of the crying posts around here..

    I'm pretty sure they have heard about it by now
    How could you not.
    And yet nothing has stopped these posts cuz muh Clone wars content

    Look.. I'm a star wars nut..have been since the 70s.. I have a star wars collection that is worth thousands of dollars,not to mention a room dedicated to that collection worth thousands of dollars

    So yes.. bring on the cool stuff..but my god can we just get a mega thread for clone wars posts
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    dada_shift wrote: »
    Yeah. But Battlefront video games have never had cartoon/comic content mixed in with movie content.

    It's never going to happen ..it's the dumbest idea since greedo shot first

    Save this post..and in a year when they finally add clone wars content ..remember I said it

    This game already has an abundance of material from the cartoon. The idea that they won't add anymore because some people are against it makes as much sense as saying they won't add anymore ST or PT content ever because some fans don't like those movies.

    Ok..ok.. so between Meshuggahs post and this..
    Obviously there is TONS of Clone wars era stuff in this game

    So what else is there to ask for outside of a few skins and a planet or 2

    Just because it helps make the point, I am going to name some planets and skins. And that's just off the top of my head.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Seems you should kick start the mega thread

    And mods can drag all other posts to it
    And cut down on 30 topics a day that are asking for TCW
    Because your posts are far superior

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!