criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can't post in forums

I am currently having issues posting topics and replying to posts, I can only do so in off-topic. I have followed all the instructions about clearing cache, cookies, restarting browser, logging out etc and still the problem continues. This issue has happened twice before despite me frequenting the forums and playing the game regularly.
I would like to find a permanent solution to this problem instead of me having to post on here every couple of months to find a temporary solution, but if there is none then any fix is a fix for me. Any help from other community members or moderators would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• IIPrest0nII
    3256 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @Azelrazel Hi!

In which forums can't you post? Star Wars Battlefront I or Star Wars Battlefront II? From what I see you should be able to post on SWBF I forums. Please let me know your platform and if you have SWBF II or SWBF I.

Thanks!
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • @IIPrest0nII Battlefront 2 which I own on ps4. Can't post on anything SWBF II except off-topic
  • IIPrest0nII
    edited April 2018
    @Azelrazel

Can you please make sure that you use the same EA Account for the forums and the game on your PS4? If you have another EA Account try to use it to login to the forums.
  • @IIPrest0nII
    I signed into here using my PSN so I'm fairly sure that's the same as the account for the game I play on. I do have an EA account that I use for origin and PC games but I don't own SWBF II on PC?

• I'll give the other account a shot
  • @IIPrest0nII Thank you for your advice.
    I had recently discovered my PSN account is still associated with an automated EA account from the first EA game I ever played, which is separate to my main EA account that I use. Despite my PSN having the same email as my normal account the old account is associated with an ancient email. Is there a way to link accounts in this forum so that I may post/reply to SWBF II conversations?
  • I get a code 403 saying you need garden community manger premission yet i have the game and have posted many things already,i'm on a xbox one a don't know if i can delete cookies or whatever,i was starting a new question asking about hunt mode when this poped up.
  • IIPrest0nII
    edited April 2018
    Hi @Azelrazel

I granted the access to the SWBF II forums now. That should make your life easier :) Please let me know if everything is okay.

Thanks!
  • IIPrest0nII
    edited April 2018
    Hello @ShinoBaz

I think your post was moved to Spam filter. But now you should be able to see it since I approved some posts in the filter. Please let me know if you see your posts.

Also, if you will see this message/notification again, please try to make screenshot with this message and post here

Thanks!
  • Hey @IIPrest0nII
    Thanks mate everything is back to normal now. Really appreciate the assistance, glad to be part of the community again ;)
  • I cant post in General chat. I rage posted on Saturday but i thing its been ling enough no? Let me post in general EA.
  • IIPrest0nII
    @EDEE209 Hi,

Your account doesn't have any bans from what I see. Could you please tell me what error message or notification do you get when you want to post in General Discussion section?

Thanks!

@Azelrazel

You're welcome ^ ^
  • { "Code": 403, "Exception": "You need the Garden.Community.Manage permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }
  • IIPrest0nII
    Okay. Thanks for the information!

@EDEE209 and @ShinoBaz

I will ask a CM about this issue.
  • It seems i can post in general now. Thanks IIPrest0nII.
  • Azelrazel
    595 posts Member
    @IIPrest0nII Hey mate, just wondering if you could help a brother out and fix my posting permissions again if it isn't a hassle? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
  • IIPrest0nII
    Hello @Azelrazel

Fixed that for you. I'm not sure why your permissions were removed.
  • Azelrazel
    595 posts Member
    @IIPrest0nII sorry forgot to mention, everything is back up and running again. Big thanks for the prompt assistance mate
  • Azelrazel
    595 posts Member
    @IIPrest0nII and the problem is back again ?, I understand thanks to your suggestions when I first started this topic that somehow my ea account on ps4 is tied to an old/dead account.

Everything else ea related is on this account, my ea login which I use on my ps4 is the same yet their server have somehow associated with an incorrect automated account from 8+ years ago.
    Therefore this system here doesn't think I own Bf2 because it's on the old account. I tried making a new account and attempted to connect the two but that wouldn't work. Do you know any work around besides your assistance every month? If not I'd be happy with any help to get back up and posting
  • XXXO77O4906
    3104 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @Azelrazel

I fixed you this time around.

I can give you this for linking accounts: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/ .

If you need to un-link some, please contact support and follow this steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help .
    Post edited by XXXO77O4906 on
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • @XXXO77O4906 thanks for your assistance earlier it was much needed. Appreciate the help with the link too. Do you know if you can link forum accounts in any way?
    As I mentioned above, my PSID/origin and every other account is associated with this account. Yet years and years ago an EA game I played automatically set up an account (before their current account hierarchy was in place) for me which I've never used. Spoke previously with EA support and they said I can link my proper account (this) with the old one (Bf2?) and vice versa.
    I would need to lose data regardless and to lose data on this account would lose real money purchases which isn't an option, to lose data on the account BF2 was assigned to without my knowledge would be to start over again.
    I've spent too much time on this game and do not want to have to grind all my unlocks again.
    If it's an option I would prefer to continue to use my main account on the forums which you helped me with earlier yet I believe whenever I log into the forums on my ipad (usually on pc or phone) it somehow removes my permissions again.
    As I currently can't post any help would be welcomed, apologies for the TLDR response. Hope this makes sense.
  • EA_Cian
    1134 posts EA Moderator
    Hey @Azelrazel, I've given you SWBFII permissions again for now. This isn't a permanent fix so it might still be a good idea to try and have your account fixed via support. :smile:
  • @EA_Cian You were very big help earlier with the permissions and I was wondering if you'd be able to do them again?
  • EA_Tom
    251 posts EA Community Manager
    @Azelrazel

Please relog and you should be able to post.
  • Azelrazel
    595 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks again for the help @EA_Tom. Working again
  • EA_Tom
    251 posts EA Community Manager
    Cool beans :-)