criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do you think that Infinity war will beat The force awakens?

13Next

Replies

• acc751
    861 posts Member
    as long as ant man is in it, infinity war will blow star wars out of the water every time
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • GreenArrow
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    danilojbg wrote: »
    Beat how?

Quality wise, that's very subjective.

Revenue wise, I think that's mostly due to hype and fandom reception, which barely translates to quality in my opinion.

You like it or not, IW is better quality in any way compared to TFA.
    Taking crown as record breaker from TFA, IW deserves it.
  • Andre_bassani
    196 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I just dont believe how until today that avatar movie is still the number one movie of all time. It is such a boring film
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    I just dont believe how until today that avatar movie is still the number one movie of all time. It is such a boring film

Lol I know. It was interesting for a watch but I don’t really have any interest in more of it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    5232 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    Infinity War was downright amazing. If it does end up beating TFA then it deserves it.

It’s showed DC how you can make a movie darkish with humour and give an ensemble cast good screen time and to actually care about them.

That said, they did great with Christian Bale, and Christopher Reeve will always be Superman, so not sure what’s gone wrong.

Seems it was to rushed what they were doing to catch up wih MCU, only one solo film before bringing 3 together in BvS and then Justice League. Zack Snyder’s style didn’t quite catch on with general audiences either. They should have gone with someone else after BvS. Aqua man coming out in November.

I didn’t think Justice League was that bad and might be the 2nd best of the current DC movies behind Wonder Woman. Unfortunately they kept screwing up before that with BvS and Suicide Squad and no one cared about it.

Yep, you can safely say Zack has helped to make the DC universe movies a laughing stock.

Aquaman, up there with the Solo movie no one was asking for :smiley: :wink:

Loved 300 though.

I don't get how its a laughing stock, or why people feel the need to mock DC? Competition will make both continuously improve and strive to do well, why not love both? I prefer DC overall from my love for comics but still love Marvel too.

Justice League was nowhere near as bad as critics make it out to be (if its not Marvel critics hate it), it even had a good audience score. Wonder Woman was amazing. Admittedly yeah BvS was average and Suicide Squad was poor, but Aquaman is lining up to be fairly decent, and hoping both DC and Marvel continue to put out films as a comic fan.

Don't forget, Marvel nearly went bust in the 90s trying to play keep up with DC when they were releasing the Keaton Bats films, which is why Fantastic 4, X-Men etc wont appear currently in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They had to sell movie rights to those characters.

Not meaning to rant at you lol, just hate seeing comments mocking DC, or picking a side, particularly on Youtube comments. Love both!
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Infinity War was downright amazing. If it does end up beating TFA then it deserves it.

It’s showed DC how you can make a movie darkish with humour and give an ensemble cast good screen time and to actually care about them.

That said, they did great with Christian Bale, and Christopher Reeve will always be Superman, so not sure what’s gone wrong.

Seems it was to rushed what they were doing to catch up wih MCU, only one solo film before bringing 3 together in BvS and then Justice League. Zack Snyder’s style didn’t quite catch on with general audiences either. They should have gone with someone else after BvS. Aqua man coming out in November.

I didn’t think Justice League was that bad and might be the 2nd best of the current DC movies behind Wonder Woman. Unfortunately they kept screwing up before that with BvS and Suicide Squad and no one cared about it.

Yep, you can safely say Zack has helped to make the DC universe movies a laughing stock.

Loved 300 though.

I don't get how its a laughing stock, or why people feel the need to mock DC? Competition will make both continuously improve and strive to do well, why not love both? I prefer DC overall from my love for comics but still love Marvel too.

Justice League was nowhere near as bad as critics make it out to be (if its not Marvel critics hate it), it even had a good audience score. Wonder Woman was amazing. Admittedly yeah BvS was average and Suicide Squad was poor, but Aquaman is lining up to be fairly decent, and hoping both DC and Marvel continue to put out films as a comic fan.

Don't forget, Marvel nearly went bust in the 90s trying to play keep up with DC when they were releasing the Keaton Bats films, which is why Fantastic 4, X-Men etc wont appear currently in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They had to sell movie rights to those characters.

Not meaning to rant at you lol, just hate seeing comments mocking DC, or picking a side, particularly on Youtube comments. Love both!

Yea I’m actually looking forward to Aquaman. I like the change up of his character in Justice League as a whiskey swigging bad boy..I think DCs problem with their current line up was only having solo movies for 2 characters out of Justice League.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Beeece
    337 posts Member
    41l3miiqartf.jpg

This was just posted on the Star Wars FB Page
  • Raylol
    516 posts Member
    Beeece wrote: »
    41l3miiqartf.jpg

Yeah I saw on Insta, and the movie hasn't been projected in china yet, Infinity war will smash The force awakens. But the mouse wins anyway lol
  • Trooper8059
    10190 posts Member

Loved 300 though.

Yea I’m actually looking forward to Aquaman. I like the change up of his character in Justice League as a whiskey swigging bad boy..I think DCs problem with their current line up was only having solo movies for 2 characters out of Justice League.

I'm excited for Aquaman too. I'm curious to see how this large scale undersea war is supposed to play out. People who have seen glimpses are praising those battle scenes, and i'm still trying to figure out how it could even work!
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DarthJ
    5232 posts Member

Loved 300 though.

Oh yeah, I agree with that point. DC have rushed too quickly to create a set up universe. But hopefully that was just the dust settling and everything is smooth now. They have made Aquaman fairly 'cool' now! My biggest gripe was being gutted with Green Lantern (or a Green Lantern) not officially being in the JL. Would have been brilliant to see the actual seven in place.

Going to see Infinity War this afternoon, very excited.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Raylol wrote: »
    41l3miiqartf.jpg

Yeah I saw on Insta, and the movie hasn't been projected in china yet, Infinity war will smash The force awakens. But the mouse wins anyway lol

It's not going to "smash" it, if it breaks it at all. The Force Awakens is already back in the lead in domestic after 4 day totals without adjusting for inflation.

After 4 days: TFA - $288 million, IW - $282 million

I said this earlier. It may open strong, and seem it's going to crush all the records. But it's not a Summer movie, it's a Spring movie. School won't be out for another month+. Not to mention in 2 weeks Deadpool 2 opens, and a week after that Solo opens. TFA had no strong competition till it's last week in theaters. Oh, and TFA didn't open in China for nearly 3 weeks after it's US release either (sure it's not as popular, but still made $124 million in China - conversely the best comic book movie in China, Age of Ultron, did $231 million, a $107 million difference).

Infinity War still has to come up with another $650 million domestically to catch TFA here. It'll be the highest grossing comic book ever, for sure, but it's still doubtful to catch TFA's global/domestic totals.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Wednesday Update:
    After 5 Days in theaters, TFA stood at $325 Million, Infinity War now stands at $305 million. The gap is now $20 million domestic, up from the 6 million gap yesterday. IW is going to have to have a huge second weekend (better than TFA did) to catch up.
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    Lord_Oz wrote: »
    Wednesday Update:
    After 5 Days in theaters, TFA stood at $325 Million, Infinity War now stands at $305 million. The gap is now $20 million domestic, up from the 6 million gap yesterday. IW is going to have to have a huge second weekend (better than TFA did) to catch up.

get rekt

Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Raylol
    516 posts Member
    Anyone has updates?
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    Anyone has updates?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/03/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-may-top-1-billion-tomorrow/

Supposed to pass the Billion mark 2 days faster than TFA.

#infantrylivesmatter
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Anyone has updates?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/03/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-may-top-1-billion-tomorrow/

Supposed to pass the Billion mark 2 days faster than TFA.

No chance. The divide is growing domestically (worldwide totals are done week to week but with the work week going on, I can't imagine IW is pacing TFA overseas)

6 day domestic totals:
    The Force Awakens - $363.4 million
    Infinity War - $322.8 million (current worldwide stands at $857.5 million)
    The difference has doubled in 1 day. This is what I tried to explain to everyone early in the thread. TFA came out during winter break, had a 10 year wait from the last SW movie, and had no competition at all. IW will have to have another $200 million Fri to Sun this weekend in order to try and catch back up to TFA domestically.
    Post edited by Lord_Oz on
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    The race update - 7 day totals domestically
    The Force Awakens - $390.85 million
    Infinity War - $338.33 million

The divide domestically is now $52.5 million

It's doing slightly better overseas, we'll see if it can catch back up to TFA after this weekend, but I doubt it's going to come close to the $937 million domestic record TFA has.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Update after 8 days.
    Domestic Box Office
    The Force Awakens - $440.2 million
    Infinity War - $369.8 million

Difference is now up to $70.4 million. This Friday's IW boxoffice was 70% down from last Friday's boxoffice. TFA only had a 58% drop.

It's not going to catch TFA's domestic, and unless it gets back on the horse today and tomorrow, not sure it will get to Black Panther's current "Comic Book Movie" domestic record of $690 million. Competition is right around the corner with Deadpool 2 opening in 12 days, and Solo in 20. The marketing onslaught has already begun for both films.
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    Are we talking Domestic or Worldwide?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Are we talking Domestic or Worldwide?

Both. It's going to be tough to beat the $2.07 Billion TFA made if it can't keep pace with it domestically.
    After the second Saturday of their runs (9 day totals - domestic)
    TFA - $496.9 million
    IW - $416.4 million

• Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Infinity War crossed $1 billion worldwide in 11 days, 1 day faster than TFA which did it in 12. That being said it has slowed considerably behind TFA domestically. Second weekend Totals for TFA were $149.2 million, Infinity War took in $114.8 million this past weekend.

Domestic 11 day totals:
    TFA - $540.1 million
    IW - $453.1 million

IW worldwide boxoffice total is still $901 million behind TFA
  • Raylol
    516 posts Member
    Infinity War crossed $1 billion worldwide in 11 days, 1 day faster than TFA which did it in 12. That being said it has slowed considerably behind TFA domestically. Second weekend Totals for TFA were $149.2 million, Infinity War took in $114.8 million this past weekend.

Domestic 11 day totals:
    TFA - $540.1 million
    IW - $453.1 million

Damn dude, you deserve Heaven
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member

Domestic 11 day totals:
    TFA - $540.1 million
    IW - $453.1 million

China is its last hope when it opens there.

9p2b6gb9aaqg.gif
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Lord_Oz wrote: »
    41l3miiqartf.jpg

It's not going to "smash" it, if it breaks it at all. The Force Awakens is already back in the lead in domestic after 4 day totals without adjusting for inflation.

I said this earlier. It may open strong, and seem it's going to crush all the records. But it's not a Summer movie, it's a Spring movie. School won't be out for another month+. Not to mention in 2 weeks Deadpool 2 opens, and a week after that Solo opens. TFA had no strong competition till it's last week in theaters. Oh, and TFA didn't open in China for nearly 3 weeks after it's US release either (sure it's not as popular, but still made $124 million in China - conversely the best comic book movie in China, Age of Ultron, did $231 million, a $107 million difference).

Infinity War still has to come up with another $650 million domestically to catch TFA here. It'll be the highest grossing comic book ever, for sure, but it's still doubtful to catch TFA's global/domestic totals.
    Which

Domestic 11 day totals:
    TFA - $540.1 million
    IW - $453.1 million

9p2b6gb9aaqg.gif
    I hear China loves action.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    41l3miiqartf.jpg

Which

Domestic 11 day totals:
    TFA - $540.1 million
    IW - $453.1 million

9p2b6gb9aaqg.gif
    I hear China loves action.

You realize I addressed that in the post you quoted right? It would need to triple the China boxoffice of Age of Ultron at this point to even get close to $2 Billion WorldWide. It's not going to do it. Worldwide total has only gone up $100 million in the 3 days since it broke the $1 Billion mark (that day it stopped at $1.13 Billion) The summer movies are about to hit. 8 Days till Deadpool 2. 15 till Solo.

Current Domestic standings after 13 days in theaters:
    TFA - $601 Million
    IW - $472 Million
    A difference of $129 million now. Current projections show it equaling or barely surpassing Black Panther's domestic run ($694 million) which would leave it around 200-250 million short of TFA domestically. IW was heavily front loaded with viewings and just doesn't have the holidays/summer days for the needed multiple return showings. People are already getting worn out about talking about IW online and the marketing campaigns for Deadpool 2 and Solo have ramped up significantly, Disney has noticeably moved on already.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Infinity War will not catch The Force Awakens domestically. After their third weekends in theaters (18 days):
    Infinity War - $547.8 million
    The Force Awakens - $742.2 million
    Nearly a $200 million gap. Infinity War is also only about $46 million ahead of Black Panther's pace. With Deadpool 2 opening this weekend, and Solo the weekend after, I don't think it's going to catch even BP's $696 million domestic box office total.

As for the worldwide, Infinity War now sits at just over $1.6 Billion total after it's $200 million open in China. It will be hard pressed to come up with another $500 million to surpass The Force Awakens $2.07 billion worldwide total.
    @Dash_Gaming @Raylol @Saberscar223 (where's that reminder?) @Beeece @rollind24 @Michaeltuma21
  • Dash
    11380 posts Member
    Infinity War will not catch The Force Awakens domestically. After their third weekends in theaters (18 days):
    Nearly a $200 million gap. Infinity War is also only about $46 million ahead of Black Panther's pace. With Deadpool 2 opening this weekend, and Solo the weekend after, I don't think it's going to catch even BP's $696 million domestic box office total.

As for the worldwide, Infinity War now sits at just over $1.6 Billion total after it's $200 million open in China. It will be hard pressed to come up with another $500 million to surpass The Force Awakens $2.07 billion worldwide total.
    @Dash_Gaming @Raylol @Saberscar223 (where's that reminder?) @Beeece @rollind24 @Michaeltuma21

Oh shoot! Thought it could topple it! You were right though! Kudos dude! :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Raylol
    516 posts Member

I always knew domestically it wouldn't, but idk if world wide it can
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member

I always knew domestically it wouldn't, but idk if world wide it can

It's $500 million short and has already opened everywhere now. Outside of China, where it just opened Thursday, the international daily returns were slowing just as much as here in the US. It was at 1.2 Billion a week ago, now including the China release it's just over $1.6 Billion. It's gonna need at least $300 million more from China alone which isn't likely. The highest grossing American made film ever in China was Fate of the Furious with a total of $421 million.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Domestic Totals after 20 days in theaters:
    The Force Awakens: $758.2 million
    Black Panther: $512.7 million
    Infinity War: $558.7 million

Black Panther keeps adding to it's "Comic Book" Movie domestic record as it's still in 1,370 theaters in the US. It now stands at $696.7 million

Infinity War is petering out in the US, it's only hope remains China where it's already been in theaters a week. Infinity War's worldwide total is now: $1.67 Billion, now the 5th highest grossing movie of all time about 6 million behind Jurassic World which it should overtake this weekend despite Deadpool 2 opening tomorrow.

Prediction: Infinity War tops out globally at $1.8 billion, but does not catch Black Panther domestically. Probably ends around 600-625 million domestic.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Deadpool 2 opened up with nearly $19 million Thursday night...Inifinity War is about to lose it's top billing box office spot.
  • WarfareKiller41
    6101 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    (deleted, ignore)
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    Infinity War granted a 30 day extension in China. About to pass 2 Billion and won't release on Digital for almost another 2 months. I think it could pass TFA.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Infinity War granted a 30 day extension in China. About to pass 2 Billion and won't release on Digital for almost another 2 months. I think it could pass TFA.

It's $30 million short of 2 Billion still. And it's down to just over a million a day domestic. It's highly unlikely it can pull in $98 million more to tie TFA, especially when it's been north of $1.9 billion for the better part of 2 weeks now and new movies starting to hit.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Anyone who thinks all the people who disintegrated died are daft.
    afbb8c698zlg.jpeg
    Psn: Jello770
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks all the people who disintegrated died are daft.
    afbb8c698zlg.jpeg

Soon as I saw BP disappear I yelled ****
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • valeri0706
    617 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    No. No comic book movie has yet to eclipse $700 million domestic, nor $1 billion overseas. TFA is the 3rd highest grossing film of all time worldwide because it had been a decade since a Star Wars movie was released and we had the return of the OT Big 3. Infinity War may not even break the first Avenger's "comic book movie" record of $1.5 billion worldwide.

Oh wow. I love reading this after Infinity War just hit $2 billion worldwide :dizzy:

It may not pass TFA worldwide, but it has passed way above your skepticism.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    valeri0706 wrote: »
    No. No comic book movie has yet to eclipse $700 million domestic, nor $1 billion overseas. TFA is the 3rd highest grossing film of all time worldwide because it had been a decade since a Star Wars movie was released and we had the return of the OT Big 3. Infinity War may not even break the first Avenger's "comic book movie" record of $1.5 billion worldwide.

Oh wow. I love reading this after Infinity War just hit $2 billion worldwide :dizzy:

It did better overseas than any comic book movie ever, true. But it slowed immensely domestically and doesn't appear to be able to surpass Black Panther's domestic comic book record of $690 million. (IW is at $664 million domestic). There was also a reasonable expectation that Solo would take away more ticket sales than it did it. Expected competition for IW panned out in reverse, it ended up still being more competition for Solo along with Deadpool.
  • Lord_Oz wrote: »
    valeri0706 wrote: »

It did better overseas than any comic book movie ever, true. But it slowed immensely domestically and doesn't appear to be able to surpass Black Panther's domestic comic book record of $690 million. (IW is at $664 million domestic). There was also a reasonable expectation that Solo would take away more ticket sales than it did it. Expected competition for IW panned out in reverse, it ended up still being more competition for Solo along with Deadpool.

I really don't feel you trying always to find something to complaing about IW's box office performance.
  • It didn't overall, but was really really close. It beat it opening weekend though. Though I didn't like it that much, I'm glad Star Wars still holds the domestic box office record.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • rollind24
    4813 posts Member
    Well doesn’t look like Infinity War will beat TFA but it’s much closer than than pessimists said. I’m actually taking Monday off of work so I can binge the worthy MCU movies with my 14 yr old stepdaughter and 2 of her friends before Infinity War gets released at 9PM. I have a feeling Infinity War 2 will for sure break TFA record.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • This is one of the greatest moments in cinema history

The new Star Wars films can't top this.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • WarfareKiller41
    6101 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Mission failed, we’ll get ‘em next time