criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hunt Mode Expansion Ideas

Yes it’s me back with more concepts! I have had so much fun with hunt mode I started brainstorming what other places and things could work with how it’s been designed as a whole survive the night till extraction type deal and here’s what I’ve got:
  • Hoth: Lost in Ice
    t72ozo3gcfud.jpeg
    nnjd0vov3lhp.png
    Theme: A Rebel perimeter patrol has fallen through the ice and are now trapped in the dark ice tunnels below. The only light would be from your flashlights or the cracks in the ice above. They must survive long enough for their distress beacon to draw in a rescue team to extract them from the ice. But the cold isn’t what gets you. It’s the den of Wampas.
    Hunters: Wampas
    Starting: Rebels
    d735yl0og8cn.jpeg
  • Tatooine: Crash Landing
    adyvznjduslo.png
    Theme: A Rebel blockade runner was shot down over Tatooine, and the survivors that jettisoned in escape pods landed deep in the Canyon Lands as the twin suns drop under the horizon. Tusken torches dot the twisting ledge paths that lead in and out of caves. Survive long enough for an extraction team to retrieve your team. The canyons are full of watching Tusken eyes...
    Hunters: Tusken Raiders
    Starting: Rebels
  • Dathomir: Left Behind
    1hetqoplsb5k.jpeg
    Theme: General Grievous left your squad on the darkness shrouded battlefield of Dathomir to insure no survivors remained. He was mistaken. Maintain battledroid survival until reinforcements can arrive. Minimal light from the low red sun, flashlights must be used to penetrate the thick mists. It sure is hard to keep track of those quick movers.
    Hunters: Nightsisters
    Starting: Battledroids
    gj0xtg90hgi9.jpeg
  • Geonosis: Temple Collapse
    sdc0aop7psma.jpeg
    Theme: An exploratory Clone squad dispatched to root out the last remaining Geonosian leaders have been stranded underground after a massive cave-in. Left to fend for themselves in the catacombs without Jedi, they must survive until they can be extracted at one of the vertical shafts. Besides your flashlight, the only lights come from the few shafts leading to the surface. It seemed quiet, but something is definitely moving down here...
    Hunters: Mind-controlled Geonosians
    Starting: Clone Troopers
I’d love to see more come to this game mode, the team definitely nailed it imho. As always feel free to give your feedback as well as your own ideas!
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• I got an idea.

1 person as the Zillo beast. The rest as Clones. So sort of like Evolve I guess with 1 boss monster.

I am not sure if Frostbite can be made to work with a controllable Kaiju size creature.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Empire_TW
    3836 posts Member
    We could have Night on Imperial Kashyyyk. 501st Stormtroopers vs melee wookies.
    ai752i7cigfl.jpg
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• I think this is best idea!
  • Love the wampa and definitely the tusken ideas, nightsisters would be cool but I don't see them being added. Geonosis is a must but I'd prefer the more agile and intelligent (normal) geonosians over the drone/zombie like mind controlled ones
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    We could have Night on Imperial Kashyyyk. 501st Stormtroopers vs melee wookies.
    ai752i7cigfl.jpg
    That would be very cool I didn’t even consider that. It could be made even more interesting by being in the shadowlands from KotOR
    t097ztzmvi6p.jpeg
    Azelrazel wrote: »
    Love the wampa and definitely the tusken ideas, nightsisters would be cool but I don't see them being added. Geonosis is a must but I'd prefer the more agile and intelligent (normal) geonosians over the drone/zombie like mind controlled ones
    Thanks! Yeah it might be a long shot for Dathomir but I thought I would at least get the idea out there just in case. Now that I’m thinking about it the zombieish drones would be too sluggish and dull for good gameplay you’re right the normal ones would be better.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Nice. I haven't played NoE yet, haven't had the chance, but I've watched gameplay and it looks pretty fun and exciting. And I mean, hey, more modes! Although Conquest should probably be a priority over this.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Well thought out ideas that will be a lot of fun to play!
  • JAREDUP
    1352 posts Member
    How about twilight on hoth, just makebit real dark but a snowstorm making visibility low, this is realistic as DICE can just re cycle an old map rather make a new one, oh also don't make the wampas run super fast like on the original battlefront, too hard to fight
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Twilight on Hoth with Wampas vs Rebels on Tauntauns would be fun. Standard abilities for the Tauntauns (or maybe just a rush ability), locked with the pistol, can't dismount. That would be pretty fun. Also, if they didn't have lights on the Tauntauns but obviously could run faster and see shapes, could be cool.

Imagine it

If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Would love this mode to be expanded so there could be a playlist to play through
  • I think that Hoth should have an outside area with a thick blizzard
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    How about twilight on hoth, just makebit real dark but a snowstorm making visibility low, this is realistic as DICE can just re cycle an old map rather make a new one, oh also don't make the wampas run super fast like on the original battlefront, too hard to fight
    I think that Hoth should have an outside area with a thick blizzard
    Having portions of it outside would be a very cool touch especially with an impenetrable blizzard raging. I think that’s one of the best parts of this mode is the whole aesthetic of escape is impossible until the final moment
    I agree about the wampas super movement from OG battlefront 2 should be toned down a bit as much I did love that in the old days. I think instead they should have something like an ambush ability that gives them a boosted steerable sprint that can be retriggered into an attack, kinda similar to Chewie’s charge.
  • Tattoine could have two versions: one with Tusken Raiders, and one with Jawas armed with CA-87s. Or if they want to blend them together, that's fine too. Do it.
  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    <3 *crazy support, silent appreciation*
  • I got an idea.

1 person as the Zillo beast. The rest as Clones. So sort of like Evolve I guess with 1 boss monster.

I am not sure if Frostbite can be made to work with a controllable Kaiju size creature.

A rancor would probably be more doable.
    ZPtTq.jpg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1352 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I got an idea.

I got an idea.

ZPtTq.jpg
    That just gave me a good idea, an Evolve DLC, 4 mandolorians hunting down a rancor, the rancor is just like goliath on Evolve

fna1imcjmhb1.jpg
    f5ltqzvtvn6o.jpg
    mh99543a1jei.jpg
    7u2kmq2ai49i.jpg

For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Just made a post, didn't see this one BUT YEEEEEAH!
  • I got an idea.

ZPtTq.jpg
    @Troopper_FoFo Frostbite 3 can definitely handle massive scale enemies
    18dgwqtubgkj.jpeg
    A rancor would be in the realm of possibility, it’d just be up to the Devs on how much work they want to undertake. I think a 4-6v1 rancor pit fight would be a super fun side mode if done properly
  • Rogueb0beroo
    159 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I cannot like the OP enough!!! <3 <3
  • Would also very much lke to see Rathtars hunting stormtroopers!!
  • I just realized maybe the best one yet but I’m not sure what planet or map it’d be on
    Kowakian monkey-lizard hunt!
    i2mfr9k0o68o.jpeg
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    WildSpace wrote: »
    I just realized maybe the best one yet but I’m not sure what planet or map it’d be on
    Kowakian monkey-lizard hunt!
    i2mfr9k0o68o.jpeg
    Oh god... Imagine being the last alive and 19 Salacious B. Crumbs come running at you in the beam of your torch, I'd actually scream. I guess they'd be on Kowakia or something, but that's completely made up by me afaik. Will search it now.

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Apparently they're from a jungle planet called Kowak.

Side note: does anyone else find it a bit strange how most Star Wars planets are all one ecosystem? Like, you've got the beach planet Scarif, the ice planet Hoth, several mainly desert planets, a planet sized city on Coruscant, jungle planets like Kowak, forest planets like Takodana and Endor (I know the second is a moon), etc. I know the Star Wars galaxy is more likely some parallel universe given the physics and the existence of a Force which binds all living things together, and it's more interesting in the context of the movies, but still.

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »

Side note: does anyone else find it a bit strange how most Star Wars planets are all one ecosystem? Like, you've got the beach planet Scarif, the ice planet Hoth, several mainly desert planets, a planet sized city on Coruscant, jungle planets like Kowak, forest planets like Takodana and Endor (I know the second is a moon), etc. I know the Star Wars galaxy is more likely some parallel universe given the physics and the existence of a Force which binds all living things together, and it's more interesting in the context of the movies, but still.

If I learned anything from my physics classes it’s probably the planets proximity to the sun(aka Life zone), water content, geothermal core makeup, atmosphere and magnetosphere makeup etc.
    I’d assume it’s possible to have all one ecosystem on a planet but you’d be paying for it in some way like Tatooine would be all desert but have a weak magnetosphere causing the planet to be bombarded by UV rays. Who knows really lol
    But Id definitely go for a hunt on Kowak, that would be fantastic
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    WildSpace wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »

If I learned anything from my physics classes it’s probably the planets proximity to the sun(aka Life zone), water content, geothermal core makeup, atmosphere and magnetosphere makeup etc.
    I’d assume it’s possible to have all one ecosystem on a planet but you’d be paying for it in some way like Tatooine would be all desert but have a weak magnetosphere causing the planet to be bombarded by UV rays. Who knows really lol
    But Id definitely go for a hunt on Kowak, that would be fantastic
    I like how you've actually tried to explain it with science :lol:. Tbh I think it was probably mainly for the sake of the films, because if they're going to a remote planet like Hoth they don't want a rash for people to be there if they're not, for example, hiding from the Empire. But that is an explanation which makes sense.
    SA Ywing that, I just realised that as far as we know, and from what we can see from space, the other terrestrial planets in our Solar System are largely one type of landscape, although that is mainly rocky desert as opposed to plant life everywhere.
    And yes, Hunt on Kowak would be great. The Monley Lizards could have that weird cackle of a laugh as their emotes and/or the horn ability like the Ewoks have, imagine being a trooper looking around in this dark dense forest and hearing an almost scream-like laugh, it'd be scarier than the hunting horns. Ugh, shivering just thinking about it...

Imagine it

#COOMCAIBDJF
  • JMaster
    2047 posts Member
    You've come up with a lot of great ideas, here was my addition...
    Location: The Heavy Freighter Eravana from The Force Awakens; I think this could be re-tooled for both factions in the Sequels.
    As a Resistance special operatives group, you've hidden aboard to steal weapons and intel on The First Order. Not only are there some First Order troops to worry about guarding the data and waiting to take you out, but a gang meetup has gone horribly awry elsewhere in the vessel. Your squad of troops has to face a plethora of AI Stormtroopers, heavily armed Guavian Death Gang members, the stealthy members of Kanjiklub, and now a group of escaped Rathtars, and have to reach the hangar and your hidden Resistance Transport.
    For the First Order, you're guarding a shipment of valuable weapons and data on the First Order's attacks. With the ship now on lockdown, you have to protect the shipment from AI Resistance spies, as well as the Gangs and the Rathtars waiting in the darkness. Your mission is to escape with your shipment and evacuate the vessel with the cargo, regardless of the casualties.
    I thought the corridors and secret panels and walkways would give a really nice "Alien" vibe to the place. That, and those Death Gang members and Rathtars would scare the pants off anybody in the dark. It could have things like blast doors that either randomly close or can be closed by players on one side of it to trap enemies with the escaped Rathtars, Stormies, or gang members; perhaps the usable crawlspaces like the ones Rey and Finn hide in could be flooded with Dioxis at random intervals or thrown by gang members, that kind of thing. I also think there could be battlepoints involved, so that Stormies could instead be members of Kanjiklub or the Death Gang, or even Rathtars!
    However, I do wonder if some of these ideas (the Geonosis Arena, this mode, Rebels vs. Snow Troopers, Probe Droids, and Wampas, etc.) would be better suited instead to a "Horde" mode, where you and some dudes fight of increasingly more difficult waves of enemies, rather than a horror-movie esque mode like we have here. Just my ideas, you?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    You've come up with a lot of great ideas, here was my addition...
    Location: The Heavy Freighter Eravana from The Force Awakens; I think this could be re-tooled for both factions in the Sequels.
    As a Resistance special operatives group, you've hidden aboard to steal weapons and intel on The First Order. Not only are there some First Order troops to worry about guarding the data and waiting to take you out, but a gang meetup has gone horribly awry elsewhere in the vessel. Your squad of troops has to face a plethora of AI Stormtroopers, heavily armed Guavian Death Gang members, the stealthy members of Kanjiklub, and now a group of escaped Rathtars, and have to reach the hangar and your hidden Resistance Transport.
    For the First Order, you're guarding a shipment of valuable weapons and data on the First Order's attacks. With the ship now on lockdown, you have to protect the shipment from AI Resistance spies, as well as the Gangs and the Rathtars waiting in the darkness. Your mission is to escape with your shipment and evacuate the vessel with the cargo, regardless of the casualties.
    I thought the corridors and secret panels and walkways would give a really nice "Alien" vibe to the place. That, and those Death Gang members and Rathtars would scare the pants off anybody in the dark. It could have things like blast doors that either randomly close or can be closed by players on one side of it to trap enemies with the escaped Rathtars, Stormies, or gang members; perhaps the usable crawlspaces like the ones Rey and Finn hide in could be flooded with Dioxis at random intervals or thrown by gang members, that kind of thing. I also think there could be battlepoints involved, so that Stormies could instead be members of Kanjiklub or the Death Gang, or even Rathtars!
    However, I do wonder if some of these ideas (the Geonosis Arena, this mode, Rebels vs. Snow Troopers, Probe Droids, and Wampas, etc.) would be better suited instead to a "Horde" mode, where you and some dudes fight of increasingly more difficult waves of enemies, rather than a horror-movie esque mode like we have here. Just my ideas, you?
    I like this, it’d be a perfect setting for a hunt map. These ideas a lot of you are coming up with involving a savage creature would make a really nice mode as well imo. Something like 4-6 players vs 1 player controlling some type of beast.
    Like you could have a Rathtar, Nexu, Rancor, Acklay or Gundark map which would be terrifying and really fun.
  • JAREDUP
    1352 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »

If you ever play mass effect you will see most planets you can travel to are about as harsh as the moon, but the ones that are liveable have bases and colonies. That being said people in star wars are at these "good" planets because it beats living in hell hole
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif