criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

We want more Hunt

The beloved hunt mode has finally returned, and while Ewok Hunt is very cool it would be criminal to not expand upon it

Here are a few suggestions using locations currently in the game -

Wampa Hunt:
Rebels with Tauntauns vs Wampas
The rebels are trapped in a blizzard and there are deadly wampas lurking about, they must survive until snowspeeders can find them

Similar to Ewok Hunt, your vision is very limited, dead rebels respawn as creatures, and you need to keep your wits about you to survive. However wampas would be a lot deadlier than ewoks and the rebels would be able to ride tauntauns that are roaming across the map

Imagine: You're on your tauntaun and you think you're safe, but then you the bloodcurdling roar of a wampa before you are pulled off your tauntaun and quickly eliminated. Truly epic

Possible epic rarity customisation for wampas?
967x4jtuj3kp.png

Jawas vs Tusken Raiders
This could be more similar to team deathmatch. I'd like for it to take place in a Raider Camp-esque location with a sand crawler nearby.

Jawas could be focused on close range and be able to build droids/turrets for medium range and Tuskens would use their gaffi sticks and rifles, maybe even banthas could be included

Possible Tusken Raider customisation option?
9iuc8u9cxck5.png

Wookiees vs Trandoshans
This could also be similar to death match. It would take place on Kashyyyk, maybe the treetops?

Trandoshans could work similarly to Bossk and rely on their hunting and trapping skills, Wookiees could rely on their brute strength and bowcasters

Trandoshan customisation could be changing the colour of their skin, tweaking those quill things, different clothes? There's a lot of potential with them. Wookiee customisation could involve their fur colours and bandoliers

Gungans vs Droids
A deployment of droids has been separated from the main group during the invasion of Naboo, they must survive long enough for the Separatist convoy to pick them up

This could take place in the marshlands that we see at the end of episode 1, it would be very foggy and the gungans could wield their spears and boomas

We want Tarpals' cool moustache as Gungan customisation
41vs09duamwz.png

Ugnaughts vs Stormtroopers
A group of ugnaughts must escape from one of the Empire's factories on Bespin

This would take place in a carbon freezing chambers environment where the ugnaughts would have to hide until Lobot arrives to rescue them, every ugnaught that dies would become a stormtrooper

The ugnaughts would rely on traps around the map, they would have no primary weapon and their abilities would involve a shock grenade, a speed boost, and some sort of hiding ability

And this is just an inkling of Hunt mode's potential, imagine what it could become with potential season locations
PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
uruzea55jgr4.png

Replies

• stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Han Hunt
    He owes a big debt to Jabba and now has a huge price on his head. 1 v 1 mode where you pick any bounty hunter against han. Who will shoot first. The co-op variant is turn based. Greedo, boba fett, bossk, dengar take turns trying to kill solo. Han gets points for each one he gets through.
  • Tusken-Jawa Hunt must come next if there’s more to be added. Cyclers and Gaffis vs CA-87’s and droids...yes please!

I also think a padawan vs clones Hunt would be very cool. Darkened Jedi Temple... customizable padawans at about 1/2 the strength of the usual force users. Vs a troop of robed clone troopers. Good times could be had there.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Great ideas
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Too much coolness in one thread.

giphy.gif
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Han Hunt
    He owes a big debt to Jabba and now has a huge price on his head. 1 v 1 mode where you pick any bounty hunter against han. Who will shoot first. The co-op variant is turn based. Greedo, boba fett, bossk, dengar take turns trying to kill solo. Han gets points for each one he gets through.

That could be a fun limited time mode. Bounty hunters vs Han/Chewbacca/Lando with tweaked health
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Tusken-Jawa Hunt must come next if there’s more to be added. Cyclers and Gaffis vs CA-87’s and droids...yes please!

The Tusken Raider's powerful sandals will crush all the other modes for sure
    I also think a padawan vs clones Hunt would be very cool. Darkened Jedi Temple... customizable padawans at about 1/2 the strength of the usual force users. Vs a troop of robed clone troopers. Good times could be had there.

I'd love that. Maybe there could be dark side Anakin and Cin Drallig demi-heroes that only spawn once
    Kapr1111 wrote: »
    Great ideas

Cheers

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • What about Hunt on Dagobah? Yoda, Luke and R2 vs a bunch of swamp creatures. R2 could be more of a support with a shock ability, an oil spray that can be ignited by his feet jets and the 3rd could be his actual jets. The jets could be like the less vertical movement that the Aerial has. The fog could give the swamp creatures a visibility advantage.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Uncool ST shall not experience the pleasures of having hunt mode

The truth

Perhaps clones, droids, stormtroopers, and rebels could all team up to eliminate the uncool ST factions

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ
    5839 posts Member
    Yes, yes and more yes. Have a like
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Rancor Hunt!
  • Uncool ST shall not experience the pleasures of having hunt mode

Flametroopers are sad, but also agree.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • JAREDUP
    1398 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Tusken-Jawa Hunt must come next if there’s more to be added. Cyclers and Gaffis vs CA-87’s and droids...yes please!

zyla1u1ni9w2.gif
    o3uogardvdzd.gif

For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • No more hunt stuff....Just find it boring.

Never liked hero hunt....And don't like this Ewok hunt either.

It's okay if you play as the Ewoks but it's terrible playing as the troopers. All you can really do it huddle around and sit there waiting. All the Ewoks need to do is spam their fire garbage, surround the troopers and pick off as many as they can and then mow them down as they need to start moving toward extraction.

I played 3 games last night and the Ewoks won every one. I had one game as a trooper where I had like 7 kills and 1 death moving toward extraction and lost. And never even saw whoever killed me.

I don't know what would make this mode better for me. Maybe more objectives earlier in the match to force and reward some movement by the troopers or something.

• Rrrrancorrrrr Hunt
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Yes! 10/10 would play all day
  • Please do not use your limited resources for more hunt modes. Tuskan Raiders and wampas....Really you guys want that nonsense in this game? I'd rather Devs use their time on things like new large modes, Cargo, Extraction, new guns, star cards, and heroes. Ewok Hunt is a mode for children.

Seeing people asking for more of these ridiculous hunt modes or to make Ewok Hunt permanent makes me worried for the game's future. Luckily Dice doesn't really listen to what the players claim to want so I probably don't have to worry about it.

OP: Don't say "We want" because you don't speak for all of us.
  • Please do not use your limited resources for more hunt modes. Tuskan Raiders and wampas....Really you guys want that nonsense in this game? I'd rather Devs use their time on things like new large modes, Cargo, Extraction, new guns, star cards, and heroes. Ewok Hunt is a mode for children.

Seeing people asking for more of these ridiculous hunt modes or to make Ewok Hunt permanent makes me worried for the game's future. Luckily Dice doesn't really listen to what the players claim to want so I probably don't have to worry about it.

Couldn't agree more.

Add turning point, cargo , Extraction, new cards to use these skill points on, some new guns that are actually good, etc, etc.

So much else they could be doing.
  • Please do not use your limited resources for more hunt modes. Tuskan Raiders and wampas....Really you guys want that nonsense in this game?

What's wrong with Tusken Raiders and Wampas? I bought this game because it's Star Wars and currently it doesn't feel very much like Star Wars. Letting us play as creatures like Wampas and Tusken Raiders will help this game so much
    I'd rather Devs use their time on things like new large modes, Cargo, Extraction, new guns, star cards, and heroes.

What's the point of new weapons and heroes if you only have bad modes to play with them in? Of course conquest should be added but not at the expense of Hunt imo
    Ewok Hunt is a mode for children.

Lol

Dennis has hinted at tuskens quite a bit in the past. I am sure that there will be more maps eventually

Oh I can say for certain that the community wants more hunt. There was a Reddit post the other day asking how many wanted it to stay and it got 6K upvotes

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • What's wrong with Tusken Raiders and Wampas? I bought this game because it's Star Wars and currently it doesn't feel very much like Star Wars. Letting us play as creatures like Wampas and Tusken Raiders will help this game so much

You're free to have your opinion, but I honestly don't think using limited resources to add those kinds of modes is a smart move. I sincerely don't see how adding Tuskens and Wampas would help the game so much. They are not even competitive modes. Those things definitely would not make the game feel more like Star Wars. When people thinking of star wars, they don't think of Tuskens and Wampas. You know what would? Adding Obi Wan, Mace Windu, Greivous, and Dooku. There are only so many devs and only so much money. Every minute spent on adding more Hunt content is one less minute working on competitive content.
    What's the point of new weapons and heroes if you only have bad modes to play with them in? Of course conquest should be added but not at the expense of Hunt imo

I like Strike a lot and I tolerate HvV. I'd love to have new items and heroes for those modes. I also said they should work on adding other modes. Hunt content should not be added at the expense of any of the things I mentioned. Again, this is just my opinion. You can LOL, but it doesn't change that Ewok Hunt is a mode for children.
    Oh I can say for certain that the community wants more hunt. There was a Reddit post the other day asking how many wanted it to stay and it got 6K upvotes

Reddit doesn't represent the community. You can say the Reddit BF2 community might want it, but that is not representative of the entire community. People are starved for content on this game so I am not surprised they'd upvote that. They'd likely upvote any new mode being added to the game at this point.
  • The beloved hunt mode has finally returned, and while Ewok Hunt is very cool it would be criminal to not expand upon it

Here are a few suggestions using locations currently in the game -

Wampa Hunt:
    Rebels with Tauntauns vs Wampas
    The rebels are trapped in a blizzard and there are deadly wampas lurking about, they must survive until snowspeeders can find them

Similar to Ewok Hunt, your vision is very limited, dead rebels respawn as creatures, and you need to keep your wits about you to survive. However wampas would be a lot deadlier than ewoks and the rebels would be able to ride tauntauns that are roaming across the map

Imagine: You're on your tauntaun and you think you're safe, but then you the bloodcurdling roar of a wampa before you are pulled off your tauntaun and quickly eliminated. Truly epic

Possible epic rarity customisation for wampas?
    967x4jtuj3kp.png

Jawas vs Tusken Raiders
    This could be more similar to team deathmatch. I'd like for it to take place in a Raider Camp-esque location with a sand crawler nearby.

Jawas could be focused on close range and be able to build droids/turrets for medium range and Tuskens would use their gaffi sticks and rifles, maybe even banthas could be included

Possible Tusken Raider customisation option?
    9iuc8u9cxck5.png

Wookiees vs Trandoshans
    This could also be similar to death match. It would take place on Kashyyyk, maybe the treetops?

Trandoshans could work similarly to Bossk and rely on their hunting and trapping skills, Wookiees could rely on their brute strength and bowcasters

Trandoshan customisation could be changing the colour of their skin, tweaking those quill things, different clothes? There's a lot of potential with them. Wookiee customisation could involve their fur colours and bandoliers

Gungans vs Droids
    A deployment of droids has been separated from the main group during the invasion of Naboo, they must survive long enough for the Separatist convoy to pick them up

This could take place in the marshlands that we see at the end of episode 1, it would be very foggy and the gungans could wield their spears and boomas

We want Tarpals' cool moustache as Gungan customisation
    41vs09duamwz.png

Ugnaughts vs Stormtroopers
    A group of ugnaughts must escape from one of the Empire's factories on Bespin

This would take place in a carbon freezing chambers environment where the ugnaughts would have to hide until Lobot arrives to rescue them, every ugnaught that dies would become a stormtrooper

The ugnaughts would rely on traps around the map, they would have no primary weapon and their abilities would involve a shock grenade, a speed boost, and some sort of hiding ability

And this is just an inkling of Hunt mode's potential, imagine what it could become with potential season locations

Alternate idea for Wampa hunt: While the rebels are in the process of clearing out the ice caves and establishing Echo Base, they encounter a horde of wampas, just before the base's power generator shuts down. Rebel objective: survive until reinforcements arrive, then corral and lock the wampas in the containment cells. Wampa objective: hunt down and kill the rebels. The rebels would have the A280C and a flashlight while roaming the close quarters map of either ice caves or Echo Base.
  • Put wampa hunt inside Echo Base, or at least in the ice caves.

Uncle Phil would like you to leave.
    zms91qzil6mi.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Yes to a hunt mode that plays through a bunch of varying scenarios. It’s great to have unique modes in this game.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Please do not use your limited resources for more hunt modes. Tuskan Raiders and wampas....Really you guys want that nonsense in this game? I'd rather Devs use their time on things like new large modes, Cargo, Extraction, new guns, star cards, and heroes. Ewok Hunt is a mode for children.

Ok "Most want" you're in the minority buddy
  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    <3 I'd happily accept all of those in the original post.
    Although, in place of Gungans, I'd also accept undead Dathomirian Nightsisters.
    Scorekeepers, witness us the like minded people in favor of this! *Flails arms*

*Edited to remove "us" because that insinuates the dreaded and most horrifying; "we"...
    giphy.gif
    Post edited by Spiito on
  • Please do this. And conversely please never darken our doors with jetpack cargo again.
  • Who there!Some of you are telling Dice/EA not to listen to those here who like hunt and want more of them,So why should Dice/EA listen to you?Why is it what you want make you better then those who want more hunts???
  • Yes a rotating hunt mode would be amazing, to help add some variation
  • Wookies vs Tranfoshans on a brand-new kashyyyk map
    Willem-Dafoe-Spider-Man.png?x42694

jt93i6nz3lwt.jpg

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • We?? Speak for yourself. I don't want more hunt. I want conquest, new maps, weapons, heroes and star cards
  • EOP
    60 posts Member
    Hunt, capture the flag, conquest, bring back the old battlefront 2!
  • Spiito
    1349 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    We?? Speak for yourself.
    *Observes and edits above post*
    This is the world we I live in now.
    :)
  • ND513
    550 posts Member
    I especially want Tusken Raiders
  • Whodunnit
    5534 posts Member
    We?? Speak for yourself. I don't want more hunt. I want conquest, new maps, weapons, heroes and star cards

"We" doesn't mean all players but if a good amount of them wants it (which they do) them you can call it "we". If there's enough players request it then they can add it but you won't be forced to play it.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif