criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Earning XP for classes offline-Thoughts

I'm just curious as to everyone's thoughts regarding the idea of earning XP to increase class levels in offline modes.

I'm not saying anything close to the level of online modes. Something more along the lines of like a 100th of the online gains. In other words, make it an awful grind, but still allow the experience gains.

I've seen a few complaints regarding new players complaining they can't upgrade and it is too hard to compete and so on. So, what if class gains (heroes included) gained a very small fraction of XP in arcade play only on expert difficulty with standard ability refresh? Would that be considered a good thing or a bad thing? And again, I'm talking a very small fraction of XP so it would be a painful grind, but it is something.

I see this most beneficial for heroes that the player would want to level up, considering even in HvV you don't always get to pick the hero of choice which can make leveling a grind already, but every little bit helps.

Replies

• Completely agree. Maybe it could be like the credits, and we could earn x amount of experience per day, although I’d prefer to earn exp slowly, like you said.
  • Or make it like in the multiplayer? Nobody forces you to go there and farm all the levels. But that would reward the players who like to play arcade and when they decide to play she multiplayer, they will have some progress already.

I don't know why the arcade (and the arcade players) should be discriminated in such way. After all, it doesn't affect you how much exp someone got from arcade and what star cards he has.

Especially when the star card levels give such miniscule bonuses.

God, I just can stand people who whine that star cards give an unfair edge (like that guy who hated on player levels and kept stating that the higher the level, the bigger the damage and residence one has).
  • I just think it would still be something. Even if a small drop in the pond. It would obviously have a greater impact on those just starting out. And be just a little bonus for everyone else that has been playing for a while but wants to take a break from the online modes.

Just for the sake of this discussion, my trooper classes and hero classes are either full blue or purple cards with a few XP levels maxed out, so I'm not trying to suggest for my own benefit, rather remove the excuses for everyone and have a happy player base. The more happy players, the better for all.
  • Even if a small drop in the pond.
    I couldn’t have said it better myself
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    If you honestly are suggesting that people get a 100th of experience offline then I'm fine with that, it would mean 20000 score would only get you 200 experience which is nothing so I'm fine with that. This is an online game.
  • I'm not saying you're saying it fit your own benefit. I'm just saying that I see no reason to nerf the arcade exp gain as it is in no way a cheating.

The only reason to make the multiplayer with higher exp rates is to stimulate the people to play online so that the MP doesn't due, but whoever wants to play multiplayer is going to play it anyway. I don't think that people would drop it for arcade just to do some kind of power-leveling as it doesn't give them any edge against the others.

So, they could just give arcade normal exp gains and let people progress normally by playing there too.

Now arcade is hardly played, I think, because of the lack of rewards and purpose. That way people will play more of the game's content and but feel pressured to play online.

On the other hand, that would affect people like me who prefer to play online because that way the MP will potentially lose some of its player base, but I'm trying to be objective and not subjective.

Still, it will benefit me for when the game/the multiplayer is dead in the way that I will be able to gain exp and levels in the arcade, when there is no one to play with online.

That's the truth.
  • I'm not saying you're saying it fit your own benefit. I'm just saying that I see no reason to nerf the arcade exp gain as it is in no way a cheating.

The only reason to make the multiplayer with higher exp rates is to stimulate the people to play online so that the MP doesn't due, but whoever wants to play multiplayer is going to play it anyway. I don't think that people would drop it for arcade just to do some kind of power-leveling as it doesn't give them any edge against the others.

So, they could just give arcade normal exp gains and let people progress normally by playing there too.

Now arcade is hardly played, I think, because of the lack of rewards and purpose. That way people will play more of the game's content and but feel pressured to play online.

On the other hand, that would affect people like me who prefer to play online because that way the MP will potentially lose some of its player base, but I'm trying to be objective and not subjective.

Still, it will benefit me for when the game/the multiplayer is dead in the way that I will be able to gain exp and levels in the arcade, when there is no one to play with online.

That's the truth.

Currently there are no experience gains in arcade. Only credits. So it would be a buff. I agree it won't hurt by allowing it. I just think the gain, if ever applied, should be small, so that it is still an option, but maintain the focus on online play as that would be where the greater gains and rewards are.

I was just throwing out myself as an example to demonstrate that I am coming from an unbiased perspective for the sake of transparency. Either way, I'm unaffected by it, but throwing a bone to new players to get a little ahead at the onset and also let you hone skills and see a benefit from it can't be a bad thing for the player community as a whole.

And, even players that are seasoned would still benefit from a few extra XP with credit gains if they are maxed out, so I don't see a downside, again, so long as the gains are minimal and the focus remains on the online player base.

All good thoughts @thedem0nhunter