criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV Spawn points

camerog
203 posts Member
Were spawn points affected by the last update. I was playing last night (Yavin/Starliller) and every time i spawned back in it was directly in the middle of all 4 opposing players and i was insta-killed. So either they somehow had figured out the respawn point, which to me had always been random before or i was the unluckiest player ever.

Replies

• This has been a problem since the patch before the new one. I was hoping it would be fixed this patch, looks like we have to wait another month before it is maybe fixed.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • It can be bad on some maps - I’ve seen both teams spawning in the same place in the corner of Tatooine; which also was where we were fighting and since everyone kept spawning in the same spot the fight never moved and the match was over quickly. This also happens on Kamino. On the other hand when it’s not being weird like that it feels better than the original spawn system because you don’t spawn so far away as you did
  • Well, it becomes bad when people start abusing the broken spawns.
    A good tactic when hunting the enemy target is to start picking off his teammates to tilt the odds in your favor.
    Now people are leaving their target IN the broken spawns so when their team mates die, they spawn right next to them.
    This has become especially bad on Bespin.
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    the spawns arent broken. what it is, is u will only spawn on one side of the map. ur opponents do the same but on their side. return to the middle of the map or ur spawn after a target is defeated. if theyre camping ur spawn ur team should be able to spawn in while their health is low and take them out.
  • This is nowhere as bad as Blast spawning.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    the spawns arent broken. what it is, is u will only spawn on one side of the map. ur opponents do the same but on their side. return to the middle of the map or ur spawn after a target is defeated. if theyre camping ur spawn ur team should be able to spawn in while their health is low and take them out.

Not true, on PC at least. Either team can spawn in any spawn point in HvV.
    Some spawns are broken in that it will spawn BOTH teams in the same spawn as long as they have a teammate in or around the spawn.
    Bespin and Death Star are notoriously bad.

The way it used to work: Either side can re-spawn at any spawn point. The game will pick the spawn point furthest from the action.

People complained that they were sometimes spawning 200m from the fight and unable to help.

EA solution was to allow you to spawn at the closest spawn point to the action. That's when things started going wrong and spawning both teams in the same spawn point at the same time.