criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is it ok to have Anakin vs Vader in HvV?

Prev1
TheStalker88
6060 posts Member
edited April 2018
Imo yes, since cross era modes already are a big enough mashup. If you're playing with time and colliding eras together, you can collide with versions of Anakin just as freely.

Replies

  • Plus the community is asking.
  • Absolutely.
    a9cbmsjge03p.png
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    I feel like OP was expecting more resistance... But yes, I'd be fine with that. They could have some interesting voice line exchanges, actually, assuming Anakin was in the mindset of late CW/early RotS. And it's not like they've got similar playstyle a either, Anakin's a lot faster and very skilled with a lightsaber, Vader is a lot more brute force and Force attacks, tanking through damage with his high durability.

    Vader is FAR more skilled with a saber than his younger counterpart. But Anakin is more acrobatic.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • There no issue, lol if you think the complainers are up in a hissy fit, wait till they had the revenge of the sith Evil Eyes/ Hooded anakin as a Vader skin.
  • I agree. If it helps people, they could pretend it is like some imaginary vision Vader is having where he has to battle his old self. I would love to see Vader vs. Lil Annie in HvV.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I agree. If it helps people, they could pretend it is like some imaginary vision Vader is having where he has to battle his old self. I would love to see Vader vs. Lil Annie in HvV.

    Actually that would be pretty cool :D
    Psn: Jello770
  • I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
  • Battlefront 2 (2005) did the same thing.

    I'm pretty sure they were both villains on the same side on that game IIRC.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • I simply cannot have it. Consider the moral implications of cloning a dude and making him kill his own spawn.
  • Would be kinda weird but cool to see. I just want more heroes so yea.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Gioroggia wrote: »
    I simply cannot have it. Consider the moral implications of cloning a dude and making him kill his own spawn.

    These things always happen in time travel movies.
  • Love anakin but would rather have Mace Windu
  • Anikan fighting his darker side of the force... Yes
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Gioroggia wrote: »
    I simply cannot have it. Consider the moral implications of cloning a dude and making him kill his own spawn.

    That’s already in the game since players can play as boba fett in the CW era
  • IronSoldier
    2955 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Since dice are happy to break eras.. they may as well do it and make it epic. Light VS dark version of a character is a great way to do this.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It’s definitely ok
    It also would be amazing.

    Technically a Vader vs Anakin battle is canon. It happened in the Vader comics
  • Devlin21
    8280 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I feel like OP was expecting more resistance... But yes, I'd be fine with that. They could have some interesting voice line exchanges, actually, assuming Anakin was in the mindset of late CW/early RotS. And it's not like they've got similar playstyle a either, Anakin's a lot faster and very skilled with a lightsaber, Vader is a lot more brute force and Force attacks, tanking through damage with his high durability.

    Vader is FAR more skilled with a saber than his younger counterpart. But Anakin is more acrobatic.

    vader would smack his younger self around. especially once he mastered how to fight with one hand like he was doing with luke.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • TheStalker88
    6060 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Why not, two falcons can be in the skys at the same time, shouldn't make a difference here

    Lol true
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Why not, two falcons can be in the skys at the same time, shouldn't make a difference here

    Lol true

    Honestly, I've never seen both out at the same time....
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Psy3d
    231 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Long time ago...in a far away console land...there was a game on Ps2 called "Revenge of the Sith" and there you can have epic battles like Vader vs Anakin!

    Check this




    It's mind numbing to see a game made in 2005...has FAR SUPERIOR saber duels + awesome combat animations than a greed filled junk called BF2 in 2017 !!! It had epic saber locks, ninja gaiden style last minute counters and tons of moves which will take DICE like 10 years to figure out how to do them.

    I REALLY hope Disney yanks SW license off EA. I rather see Activision doing it...at least their cosmetic loot crates have stuff worth grinding for instead of a hood on/off or one arm badage etc BULL **** this game has to offer.
  • xmasterful
    612 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Themainman wrote: »
    Love anakin but would rather have Mace Windu

    Agree with this post. I'm fine with Anakin being a standalone character so as long as Mace Windu is not left in the dust.
    As Mace would say:
    khw2xalkcwop.gif
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Themainman wrote: »
    Love anakin but would rather have Mace Windu

    Agree with this post. I'm fine with Anakin being a standalone character so as long as Mace Windu is not left in the dust.
    As Mace would say:
    khw2xalkcwop.gif

    But to be fair anankin is the main character of the PT, not mace.
    I’m not a fan of rey but I would still find it to be ridiculous if she was skipped over for some side character. The main character of each trilogy should be top priority.
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member
    Battlefront 2 OG did it. People will put that on a pedestal and excuse anything it did (it was great) but if this game did it, it would somehow be outrageous.

    I'm for it. Wouldn't bother me
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Marawd3r wrote: »
    Anakin as a Vader skin, yes.

    Anakin as lightside hero, NO.

    Anakin fighting Vader would be beyond ridiculous IMO. I couldn't stand watching that.

    I’m sorry, but seeing Anakin walk hella slow would be ridiculous
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Themainman wrote: »
    Love anakin but would rather have Mace Windu

    Agree with this post. I'm fine with Anakin being a standalone character so as long as Mace Windu is not left in the dust.
    As Mace would say:
    khw2xalkcwop.gif

    But to be fair anankin is the main character of the PT, not mace.
    I’m not a fan of rey but I would still find it to be ridiculous if she was skipped over for some side character. The main character of each trilogy should be top priority.

    As far as I'm concerned Anakin is already in the game with Vader, whereas Mace Windu is fundamentally absent leaving a noticeable void for me. Anakin as he was for 1 and a half films (remember he was only the Anakin you refer to as main priority for only one full film which was Episode 2 the weakest film in the whole saga so not sure if your film argument is as as solid when you dig into the details).
    I've said before in a similar thread as this that Anakin and Vader are the same individual as tied off by Lucas himself the the whole saga was made to portray Anakin's journey from childhood all the way through his fall and back to his ultimate redemption (the depiction of one individual as flawed and human despite great power). Therefore based off his premise I follow that Vader is Anakin and to split him into two beings in a Looper film type of way is a bit unimmersive for me. Of course this is a game and nothing has to make sense from a film perspective therefore no need to use the film argument to validate anakin being in the game.

    Again this is all my opinion and preferences obviously yours is different since you want prevader anakin and don't care much for mace which is fine you're likely in the majority. I simply desire Mace because I loved his saber prowess as it was very unique and would love to have his purple saber in the game as he was in the original battlefront 2. Also would love to recreate this in HvV:
    ongfbj8cx2zu.gif
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • TheStalker88
    6060 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah it is abit unimmersive but so are the mixed era modes if we go by that logic. Still, it's not uncommon at all in the movies and other media to see 2 versions of the same people from different time periods meet each other. Spok in Star Trek for one. Having Anakin meet Vader is nothing more than a reminder that past and present or future can coexist simultaneously in this crazy game.
  • People spamming "Take a seat" emote after every kill. Would be cool. Both are needed

    Don’t you mean... "Take a SEAT, young Skywalker"
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Themainman wrote: »
    Love anakin but would rather have Mace Windu

    Agree with this post. I'm fine with Anakin being a standalone character so as long as Mace Windu is not left in the dust.
    As Mace would say:
    khw2xalkcwop.gif

    But to be fair anankin is the main character of the PT, not mace.
    I’m not a fan of rey but I would still find it to be ridiculous if she was skipped over for some side character. The main character of each trilogy should be top priority.

    As far as I'm concerned Anakin is already in the game with Vader, whereas

    Anakin is not in the game. Vader is in the game. One big reason we want anakin is because want to be able to use him in PT era so he can fight alongside clones. Something impossible with Vader and something anakin did throughout the entirety of the clone wars.
    Anakin as he was for 1 and a half films (remember he was only the Anakin you refer to as main priority for only one full film which was Episode 2 the weakest film in the whole saga so not sure if your film argument is as as solid when you dig into the details).
    What?
    The anakin I “refer” to is the same anakin that’s the main character in all three films. Kid anakin is still anakin. In ROTS anakin is still anakin throughout the whole film up until he showcases his downfall towards the end. So yeah my argument for him being the focus of the PT holds up just fine. Even George Lucas has stated the focus of the PT was to showcase anakin’s rise and fall.
    Episode 2 being the weakest in the saga is your opinion. Something I greatly disagree with.
    I've said before in a similar thread as this that Anakin and Vader are the same individual

    No one is trying to argue they aren’t the same person physically. This video helps explain the thoughts a lot of us have about this

    Of course this is a game and nothing has to make sense from a film perspective therefore no need to use the film argument to validate anakin being in the game.


    Correct, it is a game and a game that already is full of stuff that don’t make sense. Cross era heroes, rey leading clones on kamio, etc...
    So let’s say they decide to not include Rey in the game, what’s your argument for why she should be included since we can’t use the film argument? The game is about the films and the story of SW in general. So using the films as reference as to why we need the main character of the PT is a perfectly reasonable argument.
  • In my opinion, no. I don't want to see Anakin v Vader at any time as it is basically the same person fighting themself. That is just daft in my book. I mean what next, let's have Return of the Jedi Luke figyht against Last of the Jedi Luke? I know they are both heroes but thatr is how silly I think the original idea is.
    I think people need to stop getting hung up on The Clone Wars.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • In my opinion, no. I don't want to see Anakin v Vader at any time as it is basically the same person fighting themself. That is just daft in my book. I mean what next, let's have Return of the Jedi Luke figyht against Last of the Jedi Luke? I know they are both heroes but thatr is how silly I think the original idea is.
    I think people need to stop getting hung up on The Clone Wars.

    No because lightside heroes can't fight each other. And we already have Rey leading clones against droids on Kamino. So your definition of daft already exists in the game.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • nas9091
    118 posts Member
    Its a NO for me, nice to see but makes no sense at all.
  • I'd love it. I've said before the banter as they fought would be epic and meaningful.
  • TheStalker88
    6060 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Changing the subject abit, I'd also love to see the Senate as a prequel hero with his red lightsaber and chain lightning but of course. He would then get Mace Windu who would be able to charge up his lightsaber by blocking force attacks and unleash a devastating force sharyugen.

    Ok maybe not that but something that can have a take a seat effect
  • Devlin21
    8280 posts Member
    Changing the subject abit, I'd also love to see the Senate as a prequel hero with his red lightsaber and chain lightning but of course. He would then get Mace Windu who would be able to charge up his lightsaber by blocking force attacks and unleash a devastating force sharyugen.

    Ok maybe not that but something that can have a take a seat effect

    Shatterpoint.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Wow I need to check that book out.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Themainman wrote: »
    Love anakin but would rather have Mace Windu

    Agree with this post. I'm fine with Anakin being a standalone character so as long as Mace Windu is not left in the dust.
    As Mace would say:
    khw2xalkcwop.gif

    But to be fair anankin is the main character of the PT, not mace.
    I’m not a fan of rey but I would still find it to be ridiculous if she was skipped over for some side character. The main character of each trilogy should be top priority.

    As far as I'm concerned Anakin is already in the game with Vader, whereas

    Anakin is not in the game. Vader is in the game. One big reason we want anakin is because want to be able to use him in PT era so he can fight alongside clones. Something impossible with Vader and something anakin did throughout the entirety of the clone wars.
    Anakin as he was for 1 and a half films (remember he was only the Anakin you refer to as main priority for only one full film which was Episode 2 the weakest film in the whole saga so not sure if your film argument is as as solid when you dig into the details).

    The anakin I “refer” to is the same anakin that’s the main character in all three films. Kid anakin is still anakin. In ROTS anakin is still anakin throughout the whole film up until he showcases his downfall towards the end. So yeah my argument for him being the focus of the PT holds up just fine. Even George Lucas has stated the focus of the PT was to showcase anakin’s rise and fall.

    No that's where you're wrong the Anakin you are referring to be included in the game as a hero DLC is not kid Anakin so that is incorrect. You are referring to the Anakin as he physically existed most prominently in the first half of episode 3 and in episode 2 where he is an adult jedi. All I was saying with that part of my post was that he was only like that for a relatively brief period of movie airtime in the grand scheme of the overall saga. He will always be remembered imo by the majority of folks as he was in the original trilogy which was as Vader in the suit and rightfully so as he was a better conceived character in the original trilogy while in the suit. If the prequel episode 2 and 3 Anakin was better acted or better scripted as far as his overall execution in the films then he'd already be in this game as well as other star wars games released in the past 5 years. The fact that he hasn't been featured since the episode 3 film was released in 2005 (the episode 3 game based on the movie) tells you something, he is not as timeless and memorable of a character as vader or even luke as he was in the original trilogy.

    Anyway "this bickering is pointless" as the Grand Moff Tarkin would say since in my first post I already said which I'm not sure what there was to poopoo on or disagree with there that I was fine with having both Anakin and Mace in the game, although in reality I doubt that will be the case (Anakin is like you said more popular of a choice than Mace even though Mace brings a new element to the equation one which I believe the lightside heroes in HvV or even in GA sorely need especially to counter Vader from a gameplay perspective with a power saber hero).

    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • xmasterful
    612 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    The anakin I “refer” to is the same anakin that’s the main character in all three films. Kid anakin is still anakin. In ROTS anakin is still anakin throughout the whole film up until he showcases his downfall towards the end. So yeah my argument for him being the focus of the PT holds up just fine. Even George Lucas has stated the focus of the PT was to showcase anakin’s rise and fall.

    No that's where you're wrong the Anakin you are referring to be included in the game as a hero DLC is not kid Anakin so that is incorrect. You are referring to the Anakin as he physically existed most prominently in the first half of episode 3 and in episode 2 where he is an adult jedi. All I was saying with that part of my post was that he was only like that for a relatively brief period of movie airtime in the grand scheme of the overall saga. He will always be remembered imo by the majority of folks as he was in the original trilogy which was as Vader in the suit and rightfully so as he was a better conceived character in the original trilogy while in the suit. If the prequel episode 2 and 3 Anakin was better acted or better scripted as far as his overall execution in the films then he'd already be in this game as well as other star wars games released in the past 5 years. The fact that he hasn't been featured since the episode 3 film was released in 2005 tells you something, he is not as timeless and memorable a character as vader or even luke as he was in the original trilogy.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Han and Leia can group up on Kylo to kill him, and no one has a problem with it. So I dont see why people should have a problem with Anakin and Vader running around together.
  • Im definitely fine with it be awesome.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!