criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV - Starfighters

I know some one may have mentioned this already, but I think have HvV Starfighter mode would be fantastic!

Thanks,

Replies

• Mentioned many times!
    Every wildfire starts with a spark.
  • SrawDawg
    1137 posts Member
    Though it would most likely be highly unbalanced and might even feel a bit "off". I still think it would be interesting on the Fondor map. Sure the Falcon is slow and a big target (but so is the slave one IMO) but that is what buddies and teammates are for right? I think you would see like Luke's X wing step in to defend, or Yoda. Strategies would be developed no doubt. I do wonder how it would actually play out. I bet the developers have tried this out. And who knows maybe it completely sucks? Maybe its not worth playing or releasing to the public? I don't think it would matter to many how bad it is. But honestly, this mode seems like a no brainer for this game. And I see no other logical way to level up the hero ships. And if its that atrocious then why not make it a limited time thing for a few weeks so all could level up the hero ships?

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Would need balancing changes.

Slave 1 vs. Tallie isn’t exactly a fair fight
    Psn: Jello770
  • SrawDawg
    1137 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    Would need balancing changes.

Slave 1 vs. Tallie isn’t exactly a fair fight

I imagine it would be highly unbalanced. But thats the thing....to find the balance that is there. That exist. That is the baseline. Then go from there. The natural weaknesses and strengths. In Starfighter Assault I don't use fighters to go after objectives when the bombers are available, unless forced like the sequel trilogy maps.

I would expect the Falcon to be a big bulky tank, but its slow kind of like Vader in HvV, this special mode would most likely need unique buffs and nerfs to achieve a unique balance just for this gameplay mode.

• mentioned many many many times. keep em coming.

and don’t forget hero ships arcade mode too.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    "this special mode would most likely need unique buffs and nerfs to achieve a unique balance just for this gameplay mode".

+1 100% I was about to post the same thing. I would love that mode in MP. And in arcade as well so I can play with my kids in a private match so they don't get decimated by online players. lol
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • Rook008
    902 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I think it would be almost impossible to balance a straight Heroes vs. Villains Starfighter mode, but if anyone could do it, it would be Criterion. I think they'd have to change a lot of things though.
    It would probably be easier for Dice to lower the requirements for leveling up Hero ships.
    And to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer they spend their time coming up with new ships, maps, and objective types.

Also, SA should have been added in some way to Arcade a while ago. It would let players practice their dogfighting and objective playing outside of the multiplayer game. And it would let players play split-screen with their friends/family.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • SrawDawg
    1137 posts Member
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    "this special mode would most likely need unique buffs and nerfs to achieve a unique balance just for this gameplay mode".

+1 100% I was about to post the same thing. I would love that mode in MP. And in arcade as well so I can play with my kids in a private match so they don't get decimated by online players. lol

Sounds like a plan, it would probably offer something unique to the offline arcade experience. That would really be something if it offered split screen and connections of up to 4 xbox controllers. While at it they could also offer such offline "party mode play" to the other modes of this game.
  • SrawDawg
    1137 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    I think it would be almost impossible to balance a straight Heroes vs. Villains Starfighter mode, but if anyone could do it, it would be Criterion. I think they'd have to change a lot of things though.
    It would probably be easier for Dice to lower the requirements for leveling up Hero ships.
    And to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer they spend their time coming up with new ships, maps, and objective types.

Also, SA should have been added in some way to Arcade a while ago. It would let players practice their dogfighting and objective playing outside of the multiplayer game. And it would let players play split-screen with their friends/family.

I read somewhere that they are considering adding SA to arcade, and I agree, there needs to be many more epic SA maps and ships.