criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

(24/4 - 25/4) Online Issues within Battlefront II

Prev13456710
F8RGE
125 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 26
Hey all,

Just a heads up but we are aware of some issues currently affecting Star Wars Battlefront II. The team are aware and currently working to fix it. More info as it develops.

Update #1

Please be aware that while we investigate the online issues, progression may not save. This may affect credits, milestones, progression, skill points and challenges. We're sorry, team are working to resolve.

Update #2

Team are still investigating and working around the clock.

Update #3

Players may see weird error messages, as well as incorrect information on the main menu and match information.

Update #4

Team are making progress, we believe to have a handle on the cause. Now working out the best course of action.

Update #5

We have identified the issue and have found a solution. The team are now going through the process of fixing it. This will involve intricate work to critical back end systems and will result in some downtime.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for the disruption to your Star Wars Battlefront II experience.

Update #6
One last thing...The downtime won't be for a few hours. Currently targeting AM CEST, this could change though based on the work that is ongoing behind the scenes.

Update #7

Work is ongoing. Once complete we will bring the servers offline and apply the fix. No ETA just yet, but will keep you posted.

Update #8

Team continue to make progress. We're expecting downtime to happen this morning (Stockholm time), but will provide updates as to when it'll happen. We currently expect downtime to last a few hours.

Update #9

The current plan is to bring the game servers offline at 12:00 Stockholm time.

At this time we believe maintenance could take up to 10 hours.
Taking the game offline for this amount of time is not something we do lightly, but it is needed in order to correct the issue that is affecting approximately 30% of our community. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

More updates as they happen.

Update #10

11:40am CEST - Maintenance starts in approximately 20minutes time.

Update #11

12:00 CEST - Maintenance has now started.

Update #12

13:45 CEST - Team are making progress and everything is moving forward as planned. Work continues.

Update #13

15:49 CEST - We've finished 'stage 1' of the work, now onto 'stage 2'. Still on target.

Update #14

17:52 CEST - Team are still working, making progress.

Update #15

19:49 CEST - Progress is ongoing. The team are working on the back end systems that failed and currently working to restore them to their correct operational health. From here it will then be over to the QA teams to do their thing and begin testing.

Update #16

21:39 CEST - Progress continues, but it does look like we're going to run over the estimated ten hours. Unfortunately this cannot be avoided as some of the tasks we are doing are taking longer than expected, and as mentioned earlier, it's not something that can be rushed. We'll bring you more updates as soon as they develop.

Because of the nature of the tests we're currently doing, you may see a more generic 'please check your internet connection' message. This is because while we currently have online gated for everyone (turned off), we need to access it ourselves. As a result, this deactivates the maintenance message within the game.

Update #17

23:48 CEST - Nearing completion, final checks being made. All going to plan we hope to get it online shortly.

Update #18

00:04 - I spoke too soon. Last checks on-going but estimated to take a few more hours. If you're in Europe, head to sleep and we'll see you on the Battlefront tomorrow.

Update #19

00:15 - We'll be continuing the tests through the night, however we've decided that that this means that the servers will not be online before the morning CEST. The reason why it's taking longer is because we are dealing with every aspect of progression, ranks, cards, crates, achievements et al. Because of this, our checks need time to run and to flush out any inconsistencies.

We will have an update at approximately 8:30am CEST. Again, really sorry that you've not been able to play today, we deeply regret that. Thanks for your continued patience and support.

Update #20

For reference, it's currently 00:23am DICE time. In approximately 8 hours we'll have an update. We're currently doing fresh backups along with our tests. We're taking no risks and every precaution we can.

Update # 21

08:04 / 26th - Morning everyone. Team are currently checking progression across our player base, making sure there are no inconsistencies. We'd like to get the game online as soon as possible. We'll know more in the next hour.

Update #22

08:27 / 26th- Current plan is to bring the game servers online within the next 15minutes. Hold steady.

Update #23

08:30 / 26th - There may be some minor data inconsistencies (checks will be ongoing through the day), but we believe we've got everything to a place where we can comfortably allow online gameplay.

Update # 24

08:32 / 26th - Game servers starting to spin online.

Update #25

09:00 / 26th - Now the servers are online, we can release the small hotfix that we had planned. This was originally due to go live yesterday, but was postponed. Will start to go live in a few hours. Patch notes on the way, mostly Ewok Hunt related.
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• Thank you for letting us know. I'm getting errors across the board so this is nice to know.
  • /hattip.

well met F8RGE.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • "Update #1

Please be aware that while we investigate the online issues, progression may not save. This may affect credits, milestones, progression, skill points and challenges. We're sorry, team are working to resolve."

Quoting from above post on the issue for the new guys in. More will come as soon as possible.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • univurshul
    1357 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Are the XP issues across the board or limited to GA or SA OR HvV? ..I'm gonna try and get a few rounds in, wondering if anything playing clean right now on Xbox west coast server?

Late last night, witnessed some weirdness on Jakku that's for sure...

8kt510t7skkf.png
    x6155czdesxu.png
    wd7slygwemti.png
  • Glad to see this. Yesterday I had such a mess of online issues, weird glitches and bugs were all over for the hour I played. For a second I also thought I was missing credits but I couldn't tell for sure as it was the least of my worries at the time.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Devastator21823
    3941 posts Member
    edited April 24
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Update #2

Team are still investigating and working around the clock.

This is what we want to see. Something lie this happened a while before you with servers going down, we didnt hear nothing for a while and eta or updates on a fix.

And also asking us for feedback as well.
  • Thanks for the heads-up.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • Good to know it's not just me. Hope it gets resolved soon.
  • I hope you guys are able to give the rewards that were lost back to the players. I lost 5 hours of progression myself...
    Just when I'm starting to enjoy Battlefront again...
  • Awesome work posting here with updated. Greatly appreciated sir!
  • Honestly, this is pretty bad.

The servers should be shut down, no online play, for as long as it takes to get it 100% right.

Post a message on the log in.

• ...Played for an hour, no issues.
  • Appreciate the communication. I’m still having all of the above issues. Going to hop off until these are solved. Keep us posted.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • univurshul wrote: »
    ...Played for an hour, no issues.

Some people do have this problems, some dont, but it doesnt mean it wont affect them after / before this is fixed.
  • F8RGE
    Update #4

Team are making progress, we believe to have a handle on the cause. Now working out the best course of action.
  • Please make it quick. This is my night off.
  • DeNeher0 wrote: »
    Please make it quick. This is my night off.

Please make it right.

• Since there wasn't a specific thread about the map rotation: can you please just leave it that way it was? Specifically with GA, I like to know what stage is next. At this point there are some levels I really want to play, and some I rather avoid. It just causes frustration to anticipate the next board and it's now something different. Rotating the maps is not going to make us forget they are still all the same maps since December (for GA). People have also asked for map selection like what was available in BF1.

- I have been joined to more in progress games in just the last few days than I can remember in many months. If there's a way to avoid joining a game in progress, please adjust. It is counterproductive.

- Many have reported more lag issues with each patch and I have seen it get worse with the latest. Now to the extent, for example, playing SA and locking onto a ship and it is jumping around across the screen. This is not an internet connectivity issue.

- I don't know if there is something in place right now that tries to balance the teams, but every time I have seen it implemented, I have been moved from the rotation I was in, and teams are still stacked regardless. Teams are most often stacked because people are playing in a party. There is not metric to avoid this. Please let us decide to leave a team, if the odds are not in our favor, instead of some random program moving us around. Thank you.
  • I've had the smoothest running games ever on PS4 Pro since 23/4. Thank you dice!!

Even if you broke a bunch of other random stuff, I don't even care, because it is finally running fast and clean in multiplayer. Noticed dramatic improvement. Still occasional rubber banding, but intense action no longer staggers gameplay. Running like arcade almost. I hope it lasts, I've seen this before with server side updates, and then it was walked back.

Whatever you did do on April 23rd. Don't walk it backwards. I'd rather have smooth gameplay w/ the glitches that exist now! Lol.
  • BucksawBoushh
    1130 posts Member
    edited April 24
    I mean, progression back would be a huge plus.
  • I seriously, highly recommend shutting off the servers.

• Is there any chance we can get this progress?
    I lost like 4 hours of progress today, Got in a roll and used maul starfighter 3 times in one match a completed a 15 cristal milestone as well as leveling up Kylo ren, Interceptors and other stuff. Also got a lot of progression on leia.
  • tankertoad
    5090 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Lemushki wrote: »
    Is there any chance we can get this progress?
    I lost like 4 hours of progress today, Got in a roll and used maul starfighter 3 times in one match a completed a 15 cristal milestone as well as leveling up Kylo ren, Interceptors and other stuff. Also got a lot of progression on leia.

If you saw it was broke, why did you keep going for 3.5 more hours?

This is why I said turn off the servers.

• Since there wasn't a specific thread about the map rotation: can you please just leave it that way it was? Specifically with GA, I like to know what stage is next. At this point there are some levels I really want to play, and some I rather avoid. It just causes frustration to anticipate the next board and it's now something different. Rotating the maps is not going to make us forget they are still all the same maps since December (for GA). People have also asked for map selection like what was available in BF1.

- I have been joined to more in progress games in just the last few days than I can remember in many months. If there's a way to avoid joining a game in progress, please adjust. It is counterproductive.

- Many have reported more lag issues with each patch and I have seen it get worse with the latest. Now to the extent, for example, playing SA and locking onto a ship and it is jumping around across the screen. This is not an internet connectivity issue.

- I don't know if there is something in place right now that tries to balance the teams, but every time I have seen it implemented, I have been moved from the rotation I was in, and teams are still stacked regardless. Teams are most often stacked because people are playing in a party. There is not metric to avoid this. Please let us decide to leave a team, if the odds are not in our favor, instead of some random program moving us around. Thank you.

I suggested already a few times the following procedure:

1) Bring all maps into chronological order
    2) Show upon Server found which map I am about to join, giving a 5 sec cancel window
    3) Each day increment the Default Server starting map by +1

This way we will have a simple, non-community-Splitting "era seclection", and a certain Kind of randomness to which map we'll join, while still retaining a fixed map order with predictability, which I absolutely love too.
  • I progressed Han and Phasma this evening a few levels to upgrade epics but it is not showing, will this be lost forever or will it show once fixed?
  • I progressed Han and Phasma this evening a few levels to upgrade epics but it is not showing, will this be lost forever or will it show once fixed?

please dont. please. This is why they dont communicate. This is one time, you'll know when they do. Go see the sun, play another game, hug your loved ones. Its just a level.

For once, we are getting constant updates. Clearly someone spilled coffee on the server farm. one step at a time dude.

• Full lobbies on BF15! Come on over B)
  • univurshul wrote: »
    Are the XP issues across the board or limited to GA or SA OR HvV? ..I'm gonna try and get a few rounds in, wondering if anything playing clean right now on Xbox west coast server?

8kt510t7skkf.png
    x6155czdesxu.png
    wd7slygwemti.png

LOVE THE FIRST PHOTO.
  • Wake up to a new announcement overnight with five updates on it. Keep up the communication!
  • XXXO77O4906
    2845 posts SWBF Moderator
    edited April 24
    Just a heads up, I'm signing off for the night. I'll be back in a few hours.

(This droid needs some sleep)

Rest well our Dark Lord. The rest of us in The Dark Side shall hold the lines in the meantime!
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Full lobbies on BF15! Come on over B)

Get shot through walls by red ghosts across the map!

• Sounds like any standard day on Kashyyyk :D
  • F8RGE
    edited April 24
    Update #6

One last thing...The downtime won't be for a few hours. Currently targeting AM CEST, this could change though based on the work that is ongoing behind the scenes.
  • YODA100 wrote: »
    univurshul wrote: »

8kt510t7skkf.png
    x6155czdesxu.png
    wd7slygwemti.png

LOVE THE FIRST PHOTO.

I posted this awhile ago. An AT-M6 stepped on my head and I was running around without a helmet...crazy. I'm more curious what it looked like from the front.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/99445/an-at-m6-stepped-on-me-and-i-lost-my-helmet#latest
  • NomiSunstrider
    578 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Update #6

Good to know thanks:)
  • Appreciate the communication on the issue
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!