criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Triggering Disabled Block BUG on Purpose in Testing Environment

RogueZeroRendar
906 posts Member
edited April 2018

This is a test environment I used on Arcade splitscreen duel. It follows the same rules as the normal game.

I hope this helps the devs to fix this longstanding BUG once and for all. It has been happening since launch.

It isn't solely related to Vader's Choke, it seems to be related to any or at least many immobilizing/staggering moves that get you while blocking and then disable your block. But the choke is the first such move I was able to recreate the BUG with.

Here is the new bug report about this with this video attached: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG/m-p/6762835#M13381

For everyone who's interested to get this bug fixed, please go over there and press the Me Too button, the XP button and leave a comment to bump this issue up. We need attention to get it fixed faster. This has been ruining some very competitive matches on HvV, and I'm sure many have already felt the frustration when this happens on Galactic Assault.
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    As a long-time advocate for the removal of this bug, I clicked "me too." Nice work with the video.

One of the problems is that the bug can occur completely randomly with no discernible cause. For instance, it may happen immediately when you spawn at the start of a match. I'd imagine it will be quite some time, if ever, before we see this bug completely eliminated.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    As a long-time advocate for the removal of this bug, I clicked "me too." Nice work with the video.

One of the problems is that the bug can occur completely randomly with no discernible cause. For instance, it may happen immediately when you spawn at the start of a match. I'd imagine it will be quite some time, if ever, before we see this bug completely eliminated.

At least this bug i fixable. Bobas jetpack bugs out and hes useless.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• lerodemmy wrote: »

Thanks lerodemmy, and you're right, it already happened to me in the start of a match, but it's usually related to the staggering/immobilizing moves. if they can fix it so it doesn't happen in the heat of battle, then I can stand it happening where I have plenty of time and safety to deplete my stamina.

Yeah that's true. I don't experience it much, so I don't know if it's as common as the no block one, but it's a pain indeed. Like when we start with lightsabers turned off and must respawn to have them working again.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • IronSoldier
    3539 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Great video. Appreciate the work you're putting in on documenting issues. :)

Have managed to capture the one where you're stuck in the choke but able to to walk around? You end up being locked looking/pointing wherever vader is.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member

Thanks lerodemmy, and you're right, it already happened to me in the start of a match, but it's usually related to the staggering/immobilizing moves. if they can fix it so it doesn't happen in the heat of battle, then I can stand it happening where I have plenty of time and safety to deplete my stamina.

Yeah that's true. I don't experience it much, so I don't know if it's as common as the no block one, but it's a pain indeed. Like when we start with lightsabers turned off and must respawn to have them working again.

its really annoying, especially in ga where his backpack is life or death.

hopefully both issues get fixed asap.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Great video. Appreciate the work you're putting in on documenting issues. :)

Have managed to capture the one where you're stuck in the choke but able to to walk around? You end up being locked looking/pointing wherever vader is.

Yes I have footage on that, I just need to find it so I can make a video about it. And like this one it has to be good footage, otherwise it'll be hard to show the effects. I'll make a video on it as soon as I get some free time and find the footage.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • Dash
    11568 posts Member
    Thank you for this detective work. You bring Great Honor to the Rendar Family! :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Thank you for this detective work. You bring Great Honor to the Rendar Family! :sunglasses:

Thanks for the compliments Dash, I hope my work helps the devs to make this game better. It has great potential, but these bugs have been holding it back quite a lot.

Dash Rendar is the first ever star wars character I played a Star Wars game with, and I loved his game, so when I joined the SWBF community I knew which character I was going to pay homage.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
  • Most important: How to get rid of it!

Just swing your saber until you run out of Stamina. Fixed...

Everybody should know. Helps a lot.
  • Most important: How to get rid of it!

Just swing your saber until you run out of Stamina. Fixed...

Everybody should know. Helps a lot.

True! But many times we don't have that much time to do this and stay alive right? That's what bothers me the most with this BUG.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif