criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What headset do you use on PS4?

d0kRX
1392 posts Member
What kind of headset do you use when playing on PS4? I'm looking for a pair so I can hear footsteps better, so I can use that to my advantage. Any suggestions? :)
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    ASTRO-A50

Might take a chunk out of your wallet, but worth it
    Psn: Jello770
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hopefully you get something figured out! I tried my best to help in PM but idk much about headsets ect. A lot of cool guys on the forum though, so I'm sure you'll get some help soon. :smile:
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    ASTRO-A50

Yeah I just looked on Amazon, not sure if my wife would go for that much.... But they do look like a good headset.

I wonder if there's anything else comparable.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    ASTRO-A50

Yeah I just looked on Amazon, not sure if my wife would go for that much.... But they do look like a good headset.

It’s expensive but I’ve had mine for 2 years so it’s a pretty good investment. However I have heard good things about Turtle Beach which I believe sell for a lower price price.
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    ASTRO-A50

It’s expensive but I’ve had mine for 2 years so it’s a pretty good investment. However I have heard good things about Turtle Beach which I believe sell for a lower price price.

Do they, I mean surround sound headsets, really help pinpoint the footsteps of players coming in your direction?
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    ASTRO-A50

Do they, I mean surround sound headsets, really help pinpoint the footsteps of players coming in your direction?

Yes it’s amazing how much it has saved my life. No one can sneak up on me at all haha. I can tell their exact location just by hearing their footsteps.
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    ASTRO-A50

Yes it’s amazing how much it has saved my life. No one can sneak up on me at all haha. I can tell their exact location just by hearing their footsteps.

This is exactly what I want! I played with some old Apple headphones and whenever I heard footsteps I couldn't tell where they were coming from, especially if it was above or below me.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    ASTRO-A50

This is exactly what I want! I played with some old Apple headphones and whenever I heard footsteps I couldn't tell where they were coming from, especially if it was above or below me.

Oh and pro-tip, this helped me out a ton. If you do end up getting soround sound headphones make sure you set your audio range to wide in settings
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    ASTRO-A50

Oh and pro-tip, this helped me out a ton. If you do end up getting soround sound headphones make sure you set your audio range to wide in settings

Thanks.
  • jonci
    980 posts Member
    RAZER Kraken V2 7.1 Gaming Headset excellent head set. Had the ASUS STRIX one prior to this but broke easy on the cable.
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    RAZER Kraken V2 7.1 Gaming Headset excellent head set. Had the ASUS STRIX one prior to this but broke easy on the cable.

Surround sound for hearing exactly where the enemy is coming from?
  • d0kRX
    1392 posts Member
    I wonder if anybody has the new PS gold headset. Is that one good for hearing footsteps and determining location of enemies?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Astro A40s

I prefer wired headsets so I’ve got the Astro a40s.
    A good headset is a great investment if your serious about getting the best experience out of your games. Surround sound is the key! The advantage you have over other players by having a good, surround sound headset is immeasurable. Lol

As others have mentioned, turtle beach may be a better option for you if your looking for a cheaper good quality headset. After doing a quick search on amazon, I found the turtle beach stealth 600 headset. It’s wireless, surround sound, and currently 86 dollars. Might be worth checking out.
    But I can not stress enough how big of a difference a good quality, surround sound headset will make. It’s worth the investment.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    ASTRO-A50

I put my PS4 console through an old DD capable amplifier( via optical lead) I was not using then put standard headphones wired into phono output ...The direction etc is brilliant, and I would say the biggest reason for my improvement in these games. People especially heavies just forget to slow down....its an absolute audio wall hack ;-)
  • Kingston HyperX Cloud Apha headset with the Astro mixamp. It's a nice setup.

Prior to this I was using the Turtle Beach PX4 but that developed problems with the audio cutting out so it's back to wired cans for now.
  • hsf_
    1738 posts Member
    Anything made by Sennheiser is usually very good quality. They are the only headset that I've used which was genuinely worth the money.
  • CornellAKABCM
    314 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree with @Jello770, Turtle Beach is a good choice. I can't speak from experience if they help you hear enemy footsteps, but they have a pretty good price tag. This is the one that I got some time back: https://www.target.com/p/turtle-beach-recon-60p-amplified-stereo-gaming-headset-for-playstation-4/-/A-49146530