criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Any dice swbf Veterans play BF2015 yesterday?

I still have to say , even being rusty in BF2015 ( Im above average in BF2017 game ,played since early release,) the game modes/firepower being so much faster put more of a smile of my face.
Found Scariff lobby yeh! was great ( except my team crumpled and quit leaving us 4 v 15 ) for 80% of games.

Yes there were are a lot of poor/'challenged' players running around with Bactaguard and Explosive shot, but I still felt like there was still a great Game there waiting to have some simple fixes.

Played DZ with some recognisable HotShots, Droid run then Scariff ( love those maps ). Very enjoyable if only there was a bigger player population ?

Replies

• I played few HvV and WA games, but the clunky mechanics turned me off. Still, it was good to see EE3 back, I enjoyed infantry gameplay most.
  • Prof_Moriarty
    1353 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Played quite a few rounds of WA yesterday, and even though I was beyond rusty at first (dang you die fast in that game...) I got into it pretty quick and had a lot of fun! Had my old ion kit, plus a smoke grenade/scan pulse outfit going and it was a blast!

Full lobbies all the time.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4685 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I played few HvV and WA games, but the clunky mechanics turned me off. Still, it was good to see EE3 back, I enjoyed infantry gameplay most.

2015 game was a long 'Beta' for the 2017 game ;-) but something got lost on the way IMO . 2017 is toooo Sloooooow to get over excited about for me
  • Played quite a few rounds of WA yesterday, and even though I was beyond rusty at first (dang you die fast in that game...) I got into it pretty quick and had a lot of fun! Had my old ion kit, plus a smoke grenade/scan pulse outfit going and it was a blast!

"Full lobbies all the time." I'm too old to play too much WA/GA I could keel over before anything happens in those ;-)... yep I know they are the most popular
  • Played quite a few rounds of WA yesterday, and even though I was beyond rusty at first (dang you die fast in that game...) I got into it pretty quick and had a lot of fun! Had my old ion kit, plus a smoke grenade/scan pulse outfit going and it was a blast!

"Full lobbies all the time." I'm too old to play too much WA/GA I could keel over before anything happens in those ;-)... yep I know they are the most popular

Right on :D I never really got into the smaller modes myself, except for Extraction. Looove extraction.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4685 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Played quite a few rounds of WA yesterday, and even though I was beyond rusty at first (dang you die fast in that game...) I got into it pretty quick and had a lot of fun! Had my old ion kit, plus a smoke grenade/scan pulse outfit going and it was a blast!

Right on :D I never really got into the smaller modes myself, except for Extraction. Looove extraction.

I used to love extraction 'till they royally messed that up with a any Hero selection bug. That must go down as the biggest unintended consequence Hero patch Lol but really a crying shame
  • I played some HvV. Picked Jyn every time I got to be a rebel hero. Good times.
    tumblr_ok3vbxE5Vm1w3bauvo1_540.gif
  • I played few HvV and WA games, but the clunky mechanics turned me off. Still, it was good to see EE3 back, I enjoyed infantry gameplay most.

2015 game was a long 'Beta' for the 2017 game ;-) but something got lost on the way IMO . 2017 is toooo Sloooooow to get over excited about for me

For me modes design, maps design are far superior in Bf2015. It was those sweet times when small modes got maps specifically designed for small modes.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4685 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I played few HvV and WA games, but the clunky mechanics turned me off. Still, it was good to see EE3 back, I enjoyed infantry gameplay most.

For me modes design, maps design are far superior in Bf2015. It was those sweet times when small modes got maps specifically designed for small modes.

Have to agree 100% there. Takodana Strike map is good and would make a great multi (2?) pod Drop Zone without much effort
  • I played some of the Death Star DLC and some HvV. Had a great time but real happy that SWBF2 servers are back up again.

It would be great to get some of the other maps ported over to SWBF2. I wonder how much work is involved in doing that?
  • I played some WA and had some good matches but one item I don't miss from SWBF I is the spawn camping. The fallback timer is a great addition to SWBF II as it eliminates that cheap low skilled play of spawn camping from this game. I miss the WA maps like Sullust, Graveyard of Giants, Jakku and Twilight Hoth.
    It was great having the turret actually target starfighter/vehicles and ignore troopers as it should. Need to change the ION turret back to an anti-vehicle turret in SWBF II.

Also the flight mechanics in SWBF II are sooo much better than SWBF I.

I did keep trying to roll forwards and backwards a few times before I remembered... wrong game.
  • d0kRX
    1301 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I play with bactaguard. But it's because I like lobbing bactas at my mates that are carrying the cargo or defending an objective. I've had some real good saves that helped us win the game and even surprised players I was healing.

The body guard I run just to stay alive a little longer, but I rarely trait up. So I have no regret about bactaguard and I sure had fun in cargo yesterday!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Played a bit of BF2015 today, aside from everyone having jump packs, the fire power is freakin amazing and the game performance runs smooooth. The AT-AT actually is a beast like its suppose to and the air strikes work like a charm, just sayin lol. I do miss the frantic fast paced gameplay though.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4685 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    d0kRX wrote: »
    I play with bactaguard. But it's because I like lobbing bactas at my mates that are carrying the cargo or defending an objective. I've had some real good saves that helped us win the game and even surprised players I was healing.

The body guard I run just to stay alive a little longer, but I rarely trait up. So I have no regret about bactaguard and I sure had fun in cargo yesterday!

Shame, the shame on you :-) ( but I use Officer so cannot stand on a box except it wears off quick ) The positive thing about Bacta is at least you have a visual clue that someone is on health steroids so can approach differently . It should never have raised your trait - it went crazy after that!. I felt Bacta should only have been for players who were always getting killed as a temporary help up ie as your death rate went down in game the effects was less and less
  • "I did keep trying to roll forwards and backwards a few times before I remembered... wrong game."

Me too! Roll in BFII is very good
  • BucksawBoushh
    4155 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I was on it all day. So smooth. So buttery B)
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • No. Never again. Have not played in years. I can't stress how awful that game was. This game is everything the first should of and could of been. Miss me with that stuff, GTAV>.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • d0kRX
    1301 posts Member

Shame, the shame on you :-) ( but I use Officer so cannot stand on a box except it wears off quick ) The positive thing about Bacta is at least you have a visual clue that someone is on health steroids so can approach differently . It should never have raised your trait - it went crazy after that!. I felt Bacta should only have been for players who were always getting killed as a temporary help up ie as your death rate went down in game the effects was less and less

That's what it helps me do hahahaha
  • d0kRX wrote: »

I did'nt need to use it for that ;-) ...but when playing solo against a Trolling team with comms., out came Bactaguard and Explosive Shot and spoiling tactics so guilty but self defence ;-)
  • Ppong_Man12
    1882 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I was on it all day. So smooth. So buttery B)

Yes it is, bf2 feels like walking in knee deep mud after playing bf15. One thing I’ll give bf2 though, and that’s the roll, it’s so much better and it works every time where 15 would roll in place a lot.
  • Empire_TW
    4966 posts Member
    Couldn't do it they just left it in a state that I just can't enjoy.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    t91gqb7t7ckq.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • d0kRX
    1301 posts Member

I did'nt need to use it for that ;-) ...but when playing solo against a Trolling team with comms., out came Bactaguard and Explosive Shot and spoiling tactics so guilty but self defence ;-)

I never used explosive shot. My blaster was always enough
  • Try to play for the first time in a week and it was down for maitnence lol! So I hopped on old school WA and swept the boards the first match and got mvp and uplink defended award the second. It was a blast. Might have to throw an bf2015 party next down time!7aqxdvdmrv5b.gif
  • IronSoldier
    3219 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Yeah. A bit of HvV. Forgot how much I hated luke running away with his infinite speed hacks, palps stun and bossk self healing. Oh and the clunky mechanics. Was good but idk prefer the feel of the new one.
  • Try to play for the first time in a week and it was down for maitnence lol! So I hopped on old school WA and swept the boards the first match and got mvp and uplink defended award the second. It was a blast. Might have to throw an bf2015 party next down time!7aqxdvdmrv5b.gif

Also didnt have any issues finding matches luckily
  • Nope, I absolutely despise playing 2015 battlefront.
    90% of that game is absolutely horrid when compared to the recent battlefront 2 in my opinion.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Nope, I absolutely despise playing 2015 battlefront.
    90% of that game is absolutely horrid when compared to the recent battlefront 2 in my opinion.

Care to give some specifics? I can't say I despise playing either of them -both have frustrating faults but despise???? Bf17 had atrocious lag for me tonight after the fixes one thing I can say is BF15 had a lot less of these lagged matches and it was far from great lag wise