criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

What Star Wars actors have you met?

Ravogd
162 posts Member
I’m interested to hear stories of people meeting actors from the greatest movie franchise of all time. I have met so many and have some great memories. Highlights include a great chat with the original Chewbacca Peter Mayhew and I had dinner recently in the company of Julian Glover (General Veers from Empire). My favourite was the late Kenny Baker (R2-D2) who was an incredibly funny and generous man despite being nearly 80 and quite infirm when I met him. Never met any of the “big three” though and obviously now Carrie’s sadly gone that’ll never happen. Billy Dee Williams (Lando) was also brilliant fun and Palpatine himself comes from a small town in Scotland 12 miles away from where I came from so Ian McDairmid informed me which was a great thrill. Who have you met?

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I met Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill. I have pictures with all of them. True story.
    Psn: Jello770
  • I met Wilford Brimley.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Me and my cousin met Billy Dee Williams. I still have the picture with him. Me and my cousin went to a convention years ago and that's where we met him.
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    I met Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill. I have pictures with all of them. True story.

I know the daughter of a guy who is friends with the guy that played Boba Fett and Peter Mayhew. Her name is Leia, and her father has met almost every member of the original cast.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Me and my cousin met Billy Dee Williams. I still have the picture with him. Me and my cousin went to a convention years ago and that's where we met him.

Nice. He is the only person I know of that is completely devoted to his Star Wars role. He has acted in everything that I know of where Lando Calrissian speaks. Even this game.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    What
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    What

What. What?
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    What

What. What?
  • Uhh, I met Mark Hamill online when he responded to me on Twitter. ;)
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Uhh, I met Mark Hamill online when he responded to me on Twitter. ;)

You must link this tweet
  • OrlandoHD11
    1 posts Member
    edited July 26
    I met Oscar Isaac in a Four Seasons pool one time, he was a lovely guy 
  • I've meet George Lucas, nice guy. Had a cup of tea with him in his house.
  • I saw Harrison Ford at a grocery store yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a ***** and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ
    6570 posts Member

I saw Harrison Ford at a grocery store yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a **** and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

wow that sounds like a whammy of a meeting
    PSN: ibrajoker59