criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

To Feed or Not To Feed

d0kRX
1395 posts Member
It's simple really, if you don't like a thread don't comment on it. If you do comment on it, you're feeding the fire. If you don't comment on it, if the thread has no real merit then it'll just go away all by itself.

I'm talking about nerf threads, if you think something ain't broken and most people are of the same opinion, then just let threads die rather than adding logs onto the fire so that the developers can see the "problem."
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    d0kRX wrote: »
    It's simple really, if you don't like a thread don't comment on it. If you do comment on it, you're feeding the fire. If you don't comment on it, if the thread has no real merit then it'll just go away all by itself.

I'm talking about nerf threads, if you think something ain't broken and most people are of the same opinion, then just let threads die rather than adding logs onto the fire so that the developers can see the "problem."
    29ea8a.gif
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• d0kRX wrote: »

The problem with this is it eliminates the discussion part of the forum. If people are only willing to post in threads they agree with then it's just an echo chamber. If you have an opinion on a topic you should post, even if your only posting to disagree.

Of course this doesn't really apply to all threads, if some one makes a what do you love/what do you hate type thread, it's pretty pointless to go into a thread like that except to talk about the very specific topic of the thread.

If someone is proposing a change to the game that you don't agree with you should absolutely speak up. Otherwise when they make changes based on feedback you won't really have any room to complain about it, because you weren't willing to share your point of view.
  • d0kRX
    1395 posts Member

The problem with this is it eliminates the discussion part of the forum. If people are only willing to post in threads they agree with then it's just an echo chamber. If you have an opinion on a topic you should post, even if your only posting to disagree.

Of course this doesn't really apply to all threads, if some one makes a what do you love/what do you hate type thread, it's pretty pointless to go into a thread like that except to talk about the very specific topic of the thread.

If someone is proposing a change to the game that you don't agree with you should absolutely speak up. Otherwise when they make changes based on feedback you won't really have any room to complain about it, because you weren't willing to share your point of view.

Yeah that makes sense. I'm just kinda fed up with endless nerf threads.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    mastery0ta wrote: »

A lot of us are. I think the DEVS that look on here are able to differentiate between legitimate problems and players looking to mold the game for themselves. No worries. Sometimes they must be fed if for no other reason to show them how asine the complaint is.

@mastery0ta
    Real keeping it, he IS
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• mastery0ta
    6050 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

A lot of us are. I think the DEVS that look on here are able to differentiate between legitimate problems and players looking to mold the game for themselves. No worries. Sometimes they must be fed if for no other reason to show them how asine the complaint is.

@mastery0ta
    Real keeping it, he IS

We're all in this together ;)
  • NachoFoot
    262 posts Member
    Approved 4e0169f2e8be555add78bbe26ee93f806b3d9bb1c16f646e6cfca7c2cdf7ea44.jpg
  • Skowsa
    316 posts Member

Agreed, if it is worth your time debating then you should debate it.

If it isn't worth your time....
    27674a1e53a2525ac4673f4de7be2c05_XL.jpg
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4136 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I moved the topic to Off-topic section
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines