criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Let’s Discuss Flash Grenades

Prev1
WildSpace
615 posts Member
It’s time to use the N-word. It’s gone on far to long. The flash grenade needs... a NERF.
Easily the most debilitating star card available in the game, they have way too much effect on everything. Not to mention that with recharge battle command they can be used twice in rapid succession.
These things are a hero level grenade and it’s out of hand. They are stronger than the Death Trooper’s Sonic Imploder, Leia’s actual flashbang, Boba’s concussion rocket, and the flash pistol in terms of impairment. Why?
Is there a logic to the Officers having access to something like this? I’d either reduce its effectiveness, or swap it with Leia’s flashbang.
I’ve played officer a fair bit lately to make sure I’m not crazy, and I was glad to find that I’m not. These items of maximum irritation are way too potent against all manner of enemies, infantry and heroes alike.
Did I mention it also slows your movement, aim, and occasionally disables abilities and blocking? It does more to ruin your movement than the Specialist’s shock grenade which makes a great deal of sense.
It can have an equal radius to the Thermal Detonator, a real grenade, with the bonus of being capable of an airburst.
Seriously it needs some adjusting. They’ve dodged every patch so far and they need to be balanced.
Feel free to discuss your take on the current state of Flash Grenades!
Also would like the round table upstairs to take this into consideration if you would please @F8RGE
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

  • The answer is Palpatine. :)
  • AsariSith
    321 posts Member
    I might actually go blind from these flashbang. I get the fact it's meant to be a flashbang but why is it so messed up? Are they trying to blind their players??? When ever I play as a officer, I refuse to use a flashbang and just replace it with a human lock on rocket. Those are always fun.
  • Leia's flash grenade is so basic, just throw it down near enemies to blind them, it seems more like a flash grenade for a Trooper than a hero. Officer's flash can separate into pieces, blind you, damage you, slow you down, and make you unable to jump at the same time. That's incredibly laughable to think about, I'd definitely swap those two flash grenades.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I concur with the swapping. Leia's Flash Grenade is downright awful, while Officer's Flash Grenade is probably the best throwable grenade in the game.
  • Empire_TW
    5495 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so spammable in close quarters.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Batman20
    1574 posts Member
    I agree the length of time it blinds you is just to long. They need to reduce it by at least 2seconds
  • massika
    228 posts Member
    Stop now.
  • Toddyrocket
    2310 posts Member
    For the sake of yoda
    Roll
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Compare flash grenade to the shock grenade and get back to me.
    One needs a nerf and one needs a buff.
  • GenxDarchi
    7621 posts Member
    I figure Leia gets the Officers flash grenade, but explodes on contact and applies all the effects. Boom, turns that flash grenade into a great one, and keeps the Officer good for that team support mechanic.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Toddyrocket
    2310 posts Member
    The specialist shock grenade I'd rather throw a wet sponge and hope someone slips
    Lei can't have it both ways shoot across the map or don't
  • GenxDarchi
    7621 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    The specialist shock grenade I'd rather throw a wet sponge and hope someone slips
    Lei can't have it both ways shoot across the map or don't

    Yeah, I would rather it electrocute people on Kamino since it’s raining, but a cool mechanic like that couldn’t exist here!

    It and needs to be improved
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • I main officer - Yes, swap Leia and the Officer's flash grenade. Otherwise, nerf the Officer's FG into the ground because it's spammed, too effective for a 'support' trooper and slows down gameplay.
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    I main officer - Yes, swap Leia and the Officer's flash grenade. Otherwise, nerf the Officer's FG into the ground because it's spammed, too effective for a 'support' trooper and slows down gameplay.

    Not just a support trooper by the way, so into the ground is extreme.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • TonyGoombah1
    1324 posts Member
    Just make it so heros can jump while their blinded, because it does occassionally bug block so u just sit there and die lol
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • GenxDarchi
    7621 posts Member
    Just make it so heros can jump while their blinded, because it does occassionally bug block so u just sit there and die lol

    Yeah, I lost. Vader sometimes like that, but as far as I can tell that would be a welcome change.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I think it just has too many effects. Blinds, slows, has air burst and damages? Not the best. I think it should be changed to something more like Leia's, without any air burst capability, and give another class, probably the Assault a cluster grenade which can be detonated mid air. Better for carpet bombing and suppression. The current Flash Grenade is a bit too good tbh.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • WildSpace
    615 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    You do realize that there is already one of these threads right? Why not just post on that one instead of creating a whole other thread. The repetitiveness.
    I’d like some attention drawn to the issue. If the mods feel like it’s unnecessary they can handle it and I’ll go by them.
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    So what, it's a grenade, "I died by a themral detonator, ahhhhh nerf it" is the same as saying "I got blinded by a flash grenade, ahhhhh nerf it" I hate people that hate things that annoy rather than kill. Sad, saying things like this ruins the experience for everyone.
    I have no issue with being killed by anything. These are the facts. Are the facts sad? It’s out of balance which makes the game unenjoyable for a lot of people. I didn’t say make it unusable, I said balance it or swap it with Leia’s. Don’t preach something that doesn’t apply mate. I want the game to be in its best possible state.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    I think it just has too many effects. Blinds, slows, has air burst and damages? Not the best. I think it should be changed to something more like Leia's, without any air burst capability, and give another class, probably the Assault a cluster grenade which can be detonated mid air. Better for carpet bombing and suppression. The current Flash Grenade is a bit too good tbh.

    The Assault has the Acid Launcher, which is equivalent or better than the Flash Grenade, depending on your POV. The AL causes damage, slows, and prevents healing in a large area, and is persistent for several seconds. It can also rack up nice BP for you.

    The Assault has the Ion Grenade, which is equivalent or better than the Impact Grenade, again depending on your POV. It does less damage by itself, but does not require a direct hit, as it explodes by proximity. This allows you to hit with it in the air and around corners. It also 1-shots turrets, causing nice explosive damage, and is capable of taking out a Heavy's shield. It can also do pretty nice damage to vehicles, particularly speeders (I hunt them on Starkiller).

    And, of course, he has the standard and advanced detonators, which are excellent.

    I don't think Assaults are hurting in the grenade department, and Officers are certainly not the only class with a good grenade.
  • Kyloren421
    700 posts Member
    Its wayyyyyy too op against heroes. Because you cant run, jump, dodge, block. All you can really do is die when one hits you. Also the fact that my back can be turned to the flash grenade which is on the other side of the room and still be blind. C’mon dice.
  • Cahhmakt
    218 posts Member
    Dodge, duck, dive, dip, and #gitgud.
  • awakespace
    911 posts Member
    I play the officer a lot and think it's too much as well - it just gets annoying - same with the heavy ion turret sniping. With the flash grenade, the movement restriction is just silly. I understand maybe not letting heroes jump because they might jump off of platforms, but honestly I think all movement restrictions should be lifted - let us jump and run at our own risk. I also think the blindness should be decreased by maybe a second.
  • Victor94
    316 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I think it just has too many effects. Blinds, slows, has air burst and damages? Not the best. I think it should be changed to something more like Leia's, without any air burst capability, and give another class, probably the Assault a cluster grenade which can be detonated mid air. Better for carpet bombing and suppression. The current Flash Grenade is a bit too good tbh.

    The Assault has the Acid Launcher, which is equivalent or better than the Flash Grenade, depending on your POV. The AL causes damage, slows, and prevents healing in a large area, and is persistent for several seconds. It can also rack up nice BP for you.

    The Assault has the Ion Grenade, which is equivalent or better than the Impact Grenade, again depending on your POV. It does less damage by itself, but does not require a direct hit, as it explodes by proximity. This allows you to hit with it in the air and around corners. It also 1-shots turrets, causing nice explosive damage, and is capable of taking out a Heavy's shield. It can also do pretty nice damage to vehicles, particularly speeders (I hunt them on Starkiller).

    And, of course, he has the standard and advanced detonators, which are excellent.

    I don't think Assaults are hurting in the grenade department, and Officers are certainly not the only class with a good grenade.

    Assault has to spend a starcard to have that.

    I think they should nerf a bit the default flash grenade, so officers have to use the flash grenade starcard to get a better grenade like the other classes.
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    I like the flash how it is. You guys are all just annoyed at the flash grenade spam, which yeah I hear you, I just personally don’t get flashed very much no matter what mode I’m playing. Heck I get flash more at home than in game.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Cahhmakt wrote: »
    Dodge, duck, dive, dip, and #gitgud.

    A compelling counter-argument I can see you were clearly on some sort of debate team
    Psn: Jello770
  • Royazeee
    244 posts Member
    WildSpace wrote: »
    It’s time to use the N-word. It’s gone on far to long. The flash grenade needs... a NERF.
    Easily the most debilitating star card available in the game, they have way too much effect on everything. Not to mention that with recharge battle command they can be used twice in rapid succession.
    These things are a hero level grenade and it’s out of hand. They are stronger than the Death Trooper’s Sonic Imploder, Leia’s actual flashbang, Boba’s concussion rocket, and the flash pistol in terms of impairment. Why?
    Is there a logic to the Officers having access to something like this? I’d either reduce its effectiveness, or swap it with Leia’s flashbang.
    I’ve played officer a fair bit lately to make sure I’m not crazy, and I was glad to find that I’m not. These items of maximum irritation are way too potent against all manner of enemies, infantry and heroes alike.
    Did I mention it also slows your movement, aim, and occasionally disables abilities and blocking? It does more to ruin your movement than the Specialist’s shock grenade which makes a great deal of sense.
    It can have an equal radius to the Thermal Detonator, a real grenade, with the bonus of being capable of an airburst.
    Seriously it needs some adjusting. They’ve dodged every patch so far and they need to be balanced.
    Feel free to discuss your take on the current state of Flash Grenades!
    Also would like the round table upstairs to take this into consideration if you would please @F8RGE

    More like... Let’s discuss pain in the ****
  • Clone201
    3617 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I wish it didn't completely blind (except hinder your hearing) you even if you turned around and not looked upon it in it's explosive phase.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Wallofman
    1124 posts Member
    To all those saying "get gud" or "for the sake of yoda, roll" The problem with this argument. (a very unique and well thought out argument at that, you should be proud) is most of the time it explodes in the air overhead and do not even realize it's coming.

    The main issue is the spam from many officers at once. Just last night I was a Wookie Warrior on Hoth. I was hit by 4 consecutive FGs in a row. As soon as I could see I was stunned again. I am still not sure how I did not get killed. But I was blinded for a long time due to the spamming.

    It is broken and needs to be fixed.
  • So, let's look at some facts:
    -It deals damage (a pretty heafty amount, especially from a CC-based ability. Not as much as a TI, but still enough to hurt)
    -can be detonated manually, allowing for strong control over the grenade. Allows for air bursts or set ups.
    -covers a lot of ground. Detonated at ground level, it covers a good range. But if you are going for maximum coverage, just air burst it from a fair distance off the ground. It takes up a MUCH larger area.
    -it has very strong CC effects. Not only does it temporary blind you for a good period of time, bit you also are much slower and unable to sprint.
    -targets hit are temporary scanned for you. It acts like a personal scan dart, letting you see enemy outlines for a period of time.

    Now, combining this all together, we have an ultra-versitile grenade that can do too much for little to no drawbacks. I agree that this ability and Leia's Flash Grenade should be switched: it makes far more sense for her to have a high utility weapon than a common Officer.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    So, let's look at some facts:
    -It deals damage (a pretty heafty amount, especially from a CC-based ability. Not as much as a TI, but still enough to hurt)
    -can be detonated manually, allowing for strong control over the grenade. Allows for air bursts or set ups.
    -covers a lot of ground. Detonated at ground level, it covers a good range. But if you are going for maximum coverage, just air burst it from a fair distance off the ground. It takes up a MUCH larger area.
    -it has very strong CC effects. Not only does it temporary blind you for a good period of time, bit you also are much slower and unable to sprint.
    -targets hit are temporary scanned for you. It acts like a personal scan dart, letting you see enemy outlines for a period of time.

    Now, combining this all together, we have an ultra-versitile grenade that can do too much for little to no drawbacks. I agree that this ability and Leia's Flash Grenade should be switched: it makes far more sense for her to have a high utility weapon than a common Officer.

    The facts you have are actually how the grenade is supposed to work. That’s how it was designed by the developers. Not broken in my opinion, because if it were, there would have and should have been complaints about this from the very beginning.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I think it just has too many effects. Blinds, slows, has air burst and damages? Not the best. I think it should be changed to something more like Leia's, without any air burst capability, and give another class, probably the Assault a cluster grenade which can be detonated mid air. Better for carpet bombing and suppression. The current Flash Grenade is a bit too good tbh.

    The Assault has the Acid Launcher, which is equivalent or better than the Flash Grenade, depending on your POV. The AL causes damage, slows, and prevents healing in a large area, and is persistent for several seconds. It can also rack up nice BP for you.

    The Assault has the Ion Grenade, which is equivalent or better than the Impact Grenade, again depending on your POV. It does less damage by itself, but does not require a direct hit, as it explodes by proximity. This allows you to hit with it in the air and around corners. It also 1-shots turrets, causing nice explosive damage, and is capable of taking out a Heavy's shield. It can also do pretty nice damage to vehicles, particularly speeders (I hunt them on Starkiller).

    And, of course, he has the standard and advanced detonators, which are excellent.

    I don't think Assaults are hurting in the grenade department, and Officers are certainly not the only class with a good grenade.
    Agreed, that was just an idea. It feels like it would fit the Heavy pretty well actually, on the left ability. Of course, the Assault is fine for grenades and tbh doesn't need another one.
    d0kRX wrote: »
    So, let's look at some facts:
    -It deals damage (a pretty heafty amount, especially from a CC-based ability. Not as much as a TI, but still enough to hurt)
    -can be detonated manually, allowing for strong control over the grenade. Allows for air bursts or set ups.
    -covers a lot of ground. Detonated at ground level, it covers a good range. But if you are going for maximum coverage, just air burst it from a fair distance off the ground. It takes up a MUCH larger area.
    -it has very strong CC effects. Not only does it temporary blind you for a good period of time, bit you also are much slower and unable to sprint.
    -targets hit are temporary scanned for you. It acts like a personal scan dart, letting you see enemy outlines for a period of time.

    Now, combining this all together, we have an ultra-versitile grenade that can do too much for little to no drawbacks. I agree that this ability and Leia's Flash Grenade should be switched: it makes far more sense for her to have a high utility weapon than a common Officer.

    The facts you have are actually how the grenade is supposed to work. That’s how it was designed by the developers. Not broken in my opinion, because if it were, there would have and should have been complaints about this from the very beginning.
    But there have been, afaik. And yes, it might have been designed like that - doesn't mean that it's not too good. I play Officer a reasonable amount, and whilst I do use the Flash Grenade to my advantage, I'm a complete avocado for having it like a normal flashbang. It needs to lose the damage or slowing, probably the damage.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I think it just has too many effects. Blinds, slows, has air burst and damages? Not the best. I think it should be changed to something more like Leia's, without any air burst capability, and give another class, probably the Assault a cluster grenade which can be detonated mid air. Better for carpet bombing and suppression. The current Flash Grenade is a bit too good tbh.

    The Assault has the Acid Launcher, which is equivalent or better than the Flash Grenade, depending on your POV. The AL causes damage, slows, and prevents healing in a large area, and is persistent for several seconds. It can also rack up nice BP for you.

    The Assault has the Ion Grenade, which is equivalent or better than the Impact Grenade, again depending on your POV. It does less damage by itself, but does not require a direct hit, as it explodes by proximity. This allows you to hit with it in the air and around corners. It also 1-shots turrets, causing nice explosive damage, and is capable of taking out a Heavy's shield. It can also do pretty nice damage to vehicles, particularly speeders (I hunt them on Starkiller).

    And, of course, he has the standard and advanced detonators, which are excellent.

    I don't think Assaults are hurting in the grenade department, and Officers are certainly not the only class with a good grenade.
    Agreed, that was just an idea. It feels like it would fit the Heavy pretty well actually, on the left ability. Of course, the Assault is fine for grenades and tbh doesn't need another one.
    d0kRX wrote: »
    So, let's look at some facts:
    -It deals damage (a pretty heafty amount, especially from a CC-based ability. Not as much as a TI, but still enough to hurt)
    -can be detonated manually, allowing for strong control over the grenade. Allows for air bursts or set ups.
    -covers a lot of ground. Detonated at ground level, it covers a good range. But if you are going for maximum coverage, just air burst it from a fair distance off the ground. It takes up a MUCH larger area.
    -it has very strong CC effects. Not only does it temporary blind you for a good period of time, bit you also are much slower and unable to sprint.
    -targets hit are temporary scanned for you. It acts like a personal scan dart, letting you see enemy outlines for a period of time.

    Now, combining this all together, we have an ultra-versitile grenade that can do too much for little to no drawbacks. I agree that this ability and Leia's Flash Grenade should be switched: it makes far more sense for her to have a high utility weapon than a common Officer.

    The facts you have are actually how the grenade is supposed to work. That’s how it was designed by the developers. Not broken in my opinion, because if it were, there would have and should have been complaints about this from the very beginning.
    But there have been, afaik. And yes, it might have been designed like that - doesn't mean that it's not too good. I play Officer a reasonable amount, and whilst I do use the Flash Grenade to my advantage, I'm a complete avocado for having it like a normal flashbang. It needs to lose the damage or slowing, probably the damage.

    If they got rid of the damage then I think the guns should not receive any more attention. But afaik all these people are doing is looking to nerf the officer out of the game entirely. Officer that officer this, I just want to enjoy the game and I’m not even an officer main!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • tommytom64
    1073 posts Member
    I spend probably over half my time in Galactic Assault blind and paralyzed. Bring down the nerf on the flash grenade. Whatever you have to say, it's just not fun and only frustrating.
  • WildSpace
    615 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I think it just has too many effects. Blinds, slows, has air burst and damages? Not the best. I think it should be changed to something more like Leia's, without any air burst capability, and give another class, probably the Assault a cluster grenade which can be detonated mid air. Better for carpet bombing and suppression. The current Flash Grenade is a bit too good tbh.

    The Assault has the Acid Launcher, which is equivalent or better than the Flash Grenade, depending on your POV. The AL causes damage, slows, and prevents healing in a large area, and is persistent for several seconds. It can also rack up nice BP for you.

    The Assault has the Ion Grenade, which is equivalent or better than the Impact Grenade, again depending on your POV. It does less damage by itself, but does not require a direct hit, as it explodes by proximity. This allows you to hit with it in the air and around corners. It also 1-shots turrets, causing nice explosive damage, and is capable of taking out a Heavy's shield. It can also do pretty nice damage to vehicles, particularly speeders (I hunt them on Starkiller).

    And, of course, he has the standard and advanced detonators, which are excellent.

    I don't think Assaults are hurting in the grenade department, and Officers are certainly not the only class with a good grenade.
    Agreed, that was just an idea. It feels like it would fit the Heavy pretty well actually, on the left ability. Of course, the Assault is fine for grenades and tbh doesn't need another one.
    d0kRX wrote: »
    So, let's look at some facts:
    -It deals damage (a pretty heafty amount, especially from a CC-based ability. Not as much as a TI, but still enough to hurt)
    -can be detonated manually, allowing for strong control over the grenade. Allows for air bursts or set ups.
    -covers a lot of ground. Detonated at ground level, it covers a good range. But if you are going for maximum coverage, just air burst it from a fair distance off the ground. It takes up a MUCH larger area.
    -it has very strong CC effects. Not only does it temporary blind you for a good period of time, bit you also are much slower and unable to sprint.
    -targets hit are temporary scanned for you. It acts like a personal scan dart, letting you see enemy outlines for a period of time.

    Now, combining this all together, we have an ultra-versitile grenade that can do too much for little to no drawbacks. I agree that this ability and Leia's Flash Grenade should be switched: it makes far more sense for her to have a high utility weapon than a common Officer.

    The facts you have are actually how the grenade is supposed to work. That’s how it was designed by the developers. Not broken in my opinion, because if it were, there would have and should have been complaints about this from the very beginning.
    But there have been, afaik. And yes, it might have been designed like that - doesn't mean that it's not too good. I play Officer a reasonable amount, and whilst I do use the Flash Grenade to my advantage, I'm a complete avocado for having it like a normal flashbang. It needs to lose the damage or slowing, probably the damage.

    If they got rid of the damage then I think the guns should not receive any more attention. But afaik all these people are doing is looking to nerf the officer out of the game entirely. Officer that officer this, I just want to enjoy the game and I’m not even an officer main!
    vzr8fvj6no14.jpeg
    There are classes for a reason and having officers are important, but there’s been many aspects of their kit that were too strong compared to the others. That is why there’s been outcry to get them to the same level as everyone else. Their flash grenade needs to be balanced or swapped, it doesn’t fit the class and it’s way too strong for basic infantry use.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    WildSpace wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I think it just has too many effects. Blinds, slows, has air burst and damages? Not the best. I think it should be changed to something more like Leia's, without any air burst capability, and give another class, probably the Assault a cluster grenade which can be detonated mid air. Better for carpet bombing and suppression. The current Flash Grenade is a bit too good tbh.

    The Assault has the Acid Launcher, which is equivalent or better than the Flash Grenade, depending on your POV. The AL causes damage, slows, and prevents healing in a large area, and is persistent for several seconds. It can also rack up nice BP for you.

    The Assault has the Ion Grenade, which is equivalent or better than the Impact Grenade, again depending on your POV. It does less damage by itself, but does not require a direct hit, as it explodes by proximity. This allows you to hit with it in the air and around corners. It also 1-shots turrets, causing nice explosive damage, and is capable of taking out a Heavy's shield. It can also do pretty nice damage to vehicles, particularly speeders (I hunt them on Starkiller).

    And, of course, he has the standard and advanced detonators, which are excellent.

    I don't think Assaults are hurting in the grenade department, and Officers are certainly not the only class with a good grenade.
    Agreed, that was just an idea. It feels like it would fit the Heavy pretty well actually, on the left ability. Of course, the Assault is fine for grenades and tbh doesn't need another one.
    d0kRX wrote: »
    So, let's look at some facts:
    -It deals damage (a pretty heafty amount, especially from a CC-based ability. Not as much as a TI, but still enough to hurt)
    -can be detonated manually, allowing for strong control over the grenade. Allows for air bursts or set ups.
    -covers a lot of ground. Detonated at ground level, it covers a good range. But if you are going for maximum coverage, just air burst it from a fair distance off the ground. It takes up a MUCH larger area.
    -it has very strong CC effects. Not only does it temporary blind you for a good period of time, bit you also are much slower and unable to sprint.
    -targets hit are temporary scanned for you. It acts like a personal scan dart, letting you see enemy outlines for a period of time.

    Now, combining this all together, we have an ultra-versitile grenade that can do too much for little to no drawbacks. I agree that this ability and Leia's Flash Grenade should be switched: it makes far more sense for her to have a high utility weapon than a common Officer.

    The facts you have are actually how the grenade is supposed to work. That’s how it was designed by the developers. Not broken in my opinion, because if it were, there would have and should have been complaints about this from the very beginning.
    But there have been, afaik. And yes, it might have been designed like that - doesn't mean that it's not too good. I play Officer a reasonable amount, and whilst I do use the Flash Grenade to my advantage, I'm a complete avocado for having it like a normal flashbang. It needs to lose the damage or slowing, probably the damage.

    If they got rid of the damage then I think the guns should not receive any more attention. But afaik all these people are doing is looking to nerf the officer out of the game entirely. Officer that officer this, I just want to enjoy the game and I’m not even an officer main!
    vzr8fvj6no14.jpeg
    There are classes for a reason and having officers are important, but there’s been many aspects of their kit that were too strong compared to the others. That is why there’s been outcry to get them to the same level as everyone else. Their flash grenade needs to be balanced or swapped, it doesn’t fit the class and it’s way too strong for basic infantry use.

    And I respectfully disagree. Now I am willing to compromise and make it so the flash grenade effects fade better and that jumping and running is ok. But any more than this is too extreme a change in my opinion.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Swapping it with leias sounds perfect
  • scrick
    76 posts Member
    The answer is Palpatine. :)

    Agreed. The flash grenade is a great equalizer against Palpatine, and I say that as a Palp player.
    That said, why not have different magnitude of effects on different players (or heroes at least)? As in SWBF1, if Bossk got hit with a flash grenade while his predator mode was active, it was a serious problem.

    I would prefer Leia's flash grenade to improve rather than nerf officer's grenade.
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    scrick wrote: »
    The answer is Palpatine. :)

    Agreed. The flash grenade is a great equalizer against Palpatine, and I say that as a Palp player.
    That said, why not have different magnitude of effects on different players (or heroes at least)? As in SWBF1, if Bossk got hit with a flash grenade while his predator mode was active, it was a serious problem.

    I would prefer Leia's flash grenade to improve rather than nerf officer's grenade.

    I would favor that approach as well.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Toddyrocket
    2310 posts Member
    It's fine everything is ok

    I would rather see a couple new classes in the game for more variety
    Then there would be a greater mix of troops playing
    In saying that people would want nerfs straight up as soon as they got killed by one
  • JAREDUP
    1474 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    WildSpace wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    You do realize that there is already one of these threads right? Why not just post on that one instead of creating a whole other thread. The repetitiveness.
    I’d like some attention drawn to the issue. If the mods feel like it’s unnecessary they can handle it and I’ll go by them.
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    So what, it's a grenade, "I died by a themral detonator, ahhhhh nerf it" is the same as saying "I got blinded by a flash grenade, ahhhhh nerf it" I hate people that hate things that annoy rather than kill. Sad, saying things like this ruins the experience for everyone.
    I have no issue with being killed by anything. These are the facts. Are the facts sad? It’s out of balance which makes the game unenjoyable for a lot of people. I didn’t say make it unusable, I said balance it or swap it with Leia’s. Don’t preach something that doesn’t apply mate. I want the game to be in its best possible state.

    How can it be balanced, if it's being spammed is the issue then there is nothing to do, nerfing something because it can be spammed is useless. Take battlefield 1 for example, they nerfed all grenades because everybody whined because they were spammed, well me and including other people who didn't spam now spam just because that reason, so it only made things worse.

    That being said nerfing it will double or oven triple the number of grenades being thrown currently, so is dying to it ok? Or is being blinded x2 or een x3 longer then being killed any better? Tread lightly on your request.
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Master_Cunha
    4550 posts Member
    Nail on the head.
  • Toddyrocket
    2310 posts Member
    This Nail can Roll
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    WildSpace wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    You do realize that there is already one of these threads right? Why not just post on that one instead of creating a whole other thread. The repetitiveness.
    I’d like some attention drawn to the issue. If the mods feel like it’s unnecessary they can handle it and I’ll go by them.
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    So what, it's a grenade, "I died by a themral detonator, ahhhhh nerf it" is the same as saying "I got blinded by a flash grenade, ahhhhh nerf it" I hate people that hate things that annoy rather than kill. Sad, saying things like this ruins the experience for everyone.
    I have no issue with being killed by anything. These are the facts. Are the facts sad? It’s out of balance which makes the game unenjoyable for a lot of people. I didn’t say make it unusable, I said balance it or swap it with Leia’s. Don’t preach something that doesn’t apply mate. I want the game to be in its best possible state.

    How can it be balanced, if it's being spammed is the issue then there is nothing to do, nerfing something because it can be spammed is useless. Take battlefield 1 for example, they nerfed all grenades because everybody whined because they were spammed, well me and including other people who didn't spam now spam just because that reason, so it only made things worse.

    That being said nerfing it will double or oven triple the number of grenades being thrown currently, so is dying to it ok? Or is being blinded x2 or een x3 longer then being killed any better? Tread lightly on your request.

    You know come to think of it, the only reason I spam the flash grenade when I'm playing the officer is because it really isn't that great to begin with if you're aim isn't good, like me. I spam them because it increases the likelihood that I'll get someone flashed and get them.

    If you take away my ability to spam them, I'll just learn how to actually get better with them, and the nerf cries will just continue.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Just remove slowdown movement effect. It isn’t that powerful cuz it does a max of 31 damage.

    It could easily be underpowered and I’m glad they gave it some power in this game.
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    I love flash grenades. If I could, I'd marry them. I heard that they're only in to officers though and I usually play assault.

    [✓] Don't Nerf
    [ ] Nerf
  • WildSpace
    615 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    WildSpace wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    You do realize that there is already one of these threads right? Why not just post on that one instead of creating a whole other thread. The repetitiveness.
    I’d like some attention drawn to the issue. If the mods feel like it’s unnecessary they can handle it and I’ll go by them.
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    So what, it's a grenade, "I died by a themral detonator, ahhhhh nerf it" is the same as saying "I got blinded by a flash grenade, ahhhhh nerf it" I hate people that hate things that annoy rather than kill. Sad, saying things like this ruins the experience for everyone.
    I have no issue with being killed by anything. These are the facts. Are the facts sad? It’s out of balance which makes the game unenjoyable for a lot of people. I didn’t say make it unusable, I said balance it or swap it with Leia’s. Don’t preach something that doesn’t apply mate. I want the game to be in its best possible state.

    How can it be balanced, if it's being spammed is the issue then there is nothing to do, nerfing something because it can be spammed is useless. Take battlefield 1 for example, they nerfed all grenades because everybody whined because they were spammed, well me and including other people who didn't spam now spam just because that reason, so it only made things worse.

    That being said nerfing it will double or oven triple the number of grenades being thrown currently, so is dying to it ok? Or is being blinded x2 or een x3 longer then being killed any better? Tread lightly on your request.
    That seems childish. I can’t really wrap my head around having their effectiveness reduced or swapped leading to... more being thrown? As in suddenly they recharge faster? I doubt the community would respond like that.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I think all that needs to happen really is that the slowing effect is removed. Blinding and light damage I can deal with, but you should be able to be blinded, roll, turn away and get back to your team/cover.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • wwkingms
    765 posts Member
    I feel the only OP thing about them is the lack of mobility when effected.

    From the officers perspective one could complain as well.... we've all thoroughly flashed an enemy only to have them shoot you square in the face.

    So perhaps the effect could be stronger for half the time frame
Sign In or Register to comment.