criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The Nerve

d0kRX
1409 posts Member
Just wanted to point out that the nerve some players of this game have is hilarious. I’m talking about how we have all these nerfs that are constantly being asked for, I mean, I think of it like this: the developers intended certain aspects of this game to be the way they are for a reason. They are the creators of the game. But the hilarious thing is all these nerfs constantly being asked for, so many, that it seems more like telling the developers they’re wrong and what they created was really intended to be used a different way. As if the players know better than the creators! Maybe they do, but how can the players even begin to know what the creators intended? Now I like balance and I understand that it is needed, but when you ask to change too much of this game so that it’s not like the creators intended it to be, I just think it’s hilarious.

Right now I’m thinking about the Wookiee warrior, apparently he is sooo OP, especially since he can roll on overload. I haven’t had that big a problem with the roll on overload. And my counter to that is maybe the developers intended the Wookiee to have that ability, I mean they put it in the game, it’s been six months so it’s obviously not a bug. I’m sure there’s other examples that are pretty obvious. Well ttyl guys. Have fun on the battlefront.
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

• unit900000
    3185 posts Member
    wookies are still OP get a group of wookies with yoda and rest of the team isn't even needed.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    wookies are still OP get a group of wookies with yoda and rest of the team isn't even needed.

Put them on phase 2 on Theed and sometimes Yoda isn't needed.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • The very same thing can be said about the buff talks. Let's take a look at Emperor Palpatine post-launch, post-health patch and his current state.

Pre-launch Palpatine was perfectly balanced. He was able to shoot through walls but didn't have a massive health pool to back it up with. People that were good did great with him, people that were bad succumbed to the enemy troopers within seconds. DICE decided to buff him because of bad players not being able to accomplish anything with him, and lacking the necessary star cards. They ended up giving him 50 more maximum health, being able to regenerate up to 300 health for not doing anything and gave him an increased regeneration rate. The only necessary thing to change was his stamina drainage in HvV, but they gave him all these buffs which lead to post-health patch Palpatine.

Post-health patch Palpatine was an overpowered mess. Not only being able to shoot through walls, but he became most likely the most durable hero in the game barring Darth Vader. The very same players that wanted these buffs suddenly became good and you were seeing 100+ kill streaks with him, despite the player being average controlling Palpatine.

Current Palpatine is quite balanced. He's not able to shoot through walls anymore, which forces him to come out in the open would he want to regenerate health back from his Chain Lightning, and also kill people.

Sometimes buffs and nerfs are necessary and sometimes they are not. In the case of Palpatine, they shouldn't have touched him in the first place.
  • TheScape
    2225 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Put them on last Phase on Kamino (maybe with a couple of Officers buffing them) and watch how the droids and their heroes get melted before they can get out of the tunnels, as well.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    The very same thing can be said about the buff talks. Let's take a look at Emperor Palpatine post-launch, post-health patch and his current state.

Pre-launch Palpatine was perfectly balanced. He was able to shoot through walls but didn't have a massive health pool to back it up with. People that were good did great with him, people that were bad succumbed to the enemy troopers within seconds. DICE decided to buff him because of bad players not being able to accomplish anything with him, and lacking the necessary star cards. They ended up giving him 50 more maximum health, being able to regenerate up to 300 health for not doing anything and gave him an increased regeneration rate. The only necessary thing to change was his stamina drainage in HvV, but they gave him all these buffs which lead to post-health patch Palpatine.

Post-health patch Palpatine was an overpowered mess. Not only being able to shoot through walls, but he became most likely the most durable hero in the game barring Darth Vader. The very same players that wanted these buffs suddenly became good and you were seeing 100+ kill streaks with him, despite the player being average controlling Palpatine.

Current Palpatine is quite balanced. He's not able to shoot through walls anymore, which forces him to come out in the open would he want to regenerate health back from his Chain Lightning, and also kill people.

Sometimes buffs and nerfs are necessary and sometimes they are not. In the case of Palpatine, they shouldn't have touched him in the first place.

He needed a health buff, 150 regen is just sad, all the heroes that currently gave 150 need 200.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• EV02AAA
    720 posts Member

Are you seriously suggesting that Palps should still be able to shoot through walls?

This was confirmed as a bug and not something the Devs intended, right? Or do I have that wrong?
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    EV02AAA wrote: »

Are you seriously suggesting that Palps should still be able to shoot through walls?

This was confirmed as a bug and not something the Devs intended, right? Or do I have that wrong?

You have it wrong, it was intended for "fantasy fulfillment" but turned out to be stronger than anticipated, especially after his survival buff...
    Emperor Palpatine now requires line of sight on his target to trigger damage with his Dark Aura and default Lightning ability. Both abilities will no longer go through obstacles and walls. While we loved the fantasy fulfillment there, the frustration of not knowing what was damaging you was too high for us not to act on.
  • The very same thing can be said about the buff talks. Let's take a look at Emperor Palpatine post-launch, post-health patch and his current state.

He needed a health buff, 150 regen is just sad, all the heroes that currently gave 150 need 200.

I disagree. Palpatine has the best means of regenerating his health as the only requirement for it to heal him is to hit, not to kill.
  • EV02AAA wrote: »

I think Palpatine was quite balanced with being able to shoot through walls but retaining the health pool he had before the patch. He became overpowered after they had buffed his survivability.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    The very same thing can be said about the buff talks. Let's take a look at Emperor Palpatine post-launch, post-health patch and his current state.

I disagree. Palpatine has the best means of regenerating his health as the only requirement for it to heal him is to hit, not to kill.

It Should've been changed. But the hero designer doesnt know how to buff something and change something else, or nerf something without buffing something else if needed.

His health on hit should be turned into health on kill. But if his is changed, then idens should be changed as well.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

It Should've been changed. But the hero designer doesnt know how to buff something and change something else, or nerf something without buffing something else if needed.

His health on hit should be turned into health on kill. But if his is changed, then idens should be changed as well.

Iden's card would be quite meaningless then, unfortunately. While Chain Lightning is more than capable of killing troopers, I found it quite a rare circumstance that her stun droid is the one that lands the killing blow on its targets.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member

Iden's card would be quite meaningless then, unfortunately. While Chain Lightning is more than capable of killing troopers, I found it quite a rare circumstance that her stun droid is the one that lands the killing blow on its targets.

Meant it should be turned into straight up health on kill. Not by ability use.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Totally agree OP, I need a gif of the trooper crying emote for most of these threads.

Meant it should be turned into straight up health on kill. Not by ability use.

Ah, got you, thanks for the clarification.
  • AsariSith
    321 posts Member
    Are you trying to defend them or trying to blend in? Can't be both.
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »

Put them on last Phase on Kamino (maybe with a couple of Officers buffing them) and watch how the droids and their heroes get melted before they can get out of the tunnels, as well.

Thats a pretty tough spot too but I think B2s can still counter them on that map.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    What bugs me more is the people who complain about literally everything, and think that they're entitled to the ability to complain about a lack of content when they also kicked off about MTX and literally everything else. Sure, the MTX format was bad and it did need scrapping, but EA needs the game to be bringing in income after launch as well, so they added the new system. It just annoys me sometimes, the sense of entitlement that a lot of people seem to have.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • d0kRX
    1409 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    What bugs me more is the people who complain about literally everything, and think that they're entitled to the ability to complain about a lack of content when they also kicked off about MTX and literally everything else. Sure, the MTX format was bad and it did need scrapping, but EA needs the game to be bringing in income after launch as well, so they added the new system. It just annoys me sometimes, the sense of entitlement that a lot of people seem to have.

I agree 100 percent.
  • TonyGoombah1
    1324 posts Member
    edited May 2018

put them in crait phase 3 and sometimes the team, the wookies and yoda aren't needed
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Just wanted to point out that the nerve some players of this game have is hilarious. I’m talking about how we have all these nerfs that are constantly being asked for, I mean, I think of it like this: the developers intended certain aspects of this game to be the way they are for a reason. They are the creators of the game. But the hilarious thing is all these nerfs constantly being asked for, so many, that it seems more like telling the developers they’re wrong and what they created was really intended to be used a different way. As if the players know better than the creators! Maybe they do, but how can the players even begin to know what the creators intended? Now I like balance and I understand that it is needed, but when you ask to change too much of this game so that it’s not like the creators intended it to be, I just think it’s hilarious.

Right now I’m thinking about the Wookiee warrior, apparently he is sooo OP, especially since he can roll on overload. I haven’t had that big a problem with the roll on overload. And my counter to that is maybe the developers intended the Wookiee to have that ability, I mean they put it in the game, it’s been six months so it’s obviously not a bug. I’m sure there’s other examples that are pretty obvious. Well ttyl guys. Have fun on the battlefront.

People are too lazy to use their brain and think of a way to beat anything that kills them. I don't know how many times I've come across someone thinking their Charlie big spuds as a Wookie, only for them to get melted in a matter of seconds.
  • hsf_ wrote: »

People are too lazy to use their brain and think of a way to beat anything that kills them. I don't know how many times I've come across someone thinking their Charlie big spuds as a Wookie, only for them to get melted in a matter of seconds.

Is it this bad on any other online multiplayer game? It seems here the sense of entitlement and toxicity is worse...though that could just be my lack of experience in this genre.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m sick of the constant whining and complaining about what randoms decide to post.

Complaining about others complaining. Ironic, they wanted to stop others from complaining but couldn’t stop themselves...
    giphy.gif
    Post edited by Cad_Bane on
  • There's no issue with complaining about something. The problem here more often than not is there is nothing constructive about it.

Nerf requests, buff requests. Lag complaints. Matchmaking complaints. Hack complaints. It's entirely negative and no one seems to say anything positive about a game they obviously enjoy. There's no suggestions to make things better, there's no room for debate or to learn. It becomes a complete communication breakdown, sometimes on both sides, but more often on the side of the original poster failing to be open in any way shape or form to receiving knowledge.

I wish I could say that was the minority, but it is not.

• unit900000
    3185 posts Member

There's no issue with complaining about something. The problem here more often than not is there is nothing constructive about it.

Nerf requests, buff requests. Lag complaints. Matchmaking complaints. Hack complaints. It's entirely negative and no one seems to say anything positive about a game they obviously enjoy. There's no suggestions to make things better, there's no room for debate or to learn. It becomes a complete communication breakdown, sometimes on both sides, but more often on the side of the original poster failing to be open in any way shape or form to receiving knowledge.

there is nothing positive about this terrible game outside of playing with friends its easily one of the worst games I have ever played.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »

There's no issue with complaining about something. The problem here more often than not is there is nothing constructive about it.

there is nothing positive about this terrible game outside of playing with friends its easily one of the worst games I have ever played.

Why are you playing then?
  • Spiito
    1846 posts Member
    As if the players know better than the creators! Maybe they do, but how can the players even begin to know what the creators intended?

Yeah... like Jetpack Cargo.
    ... Working as intended? :/

Smh...
    "A fair fight is where everyone loses."
  • d0kRX
    1409 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »
    As if the players know better than the creators! Maybe they do, but how can the players even begin to know what the creators intended?

Yeah... like Jetpack Cargo.
    ... Working as intended? :/

Smh...

All I’m sayin is maybe the developers made the core things of this game the way they did for a reason, and that we cannot just assume what that reason was.

And jet pack cargo really was lame sauce if you ask me. We need actual cargo. I think the developers made that on a whim because it was only meant to be temporary.
  • Spiito
    1846 posts Member
    All I’m sayin is maybe the developers made the core things of this game the way they did for a reason, and that we cannot just assume what that reason was.

And jet pack cargo really was lame sauce if you ask me. We need actual cargo. I think the developers made that on a whim because it was only meant to be temporary.

Fair enough.

A cargo mode more like the last game's version would be preferred. But I guess I wont assume what the reasoning was behind Jetpack Cargo.
    Everything is lame-sauce to someone. The most important factor is if there's a majority of like mindedness on one particular subject. (I hope that the S-5 never gets a buff; but if enough people start demanding it... </3)
    If the game is intended to be a service, then it follows that any reasoning may end up being susceptible to change, based on customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction. (Buffs, nerfs, & general alterations to the service/game.)
    "A fair fight is where everyone loses."
  • unit900000
    3185 posts Member

Why are you playing then?

cause my friends still play.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member

It’s funny how the many posts directly after your OP just jump right back into complaining about nerfs... and pay no regard to the main point of your post....not surprising. LOL

• d0kRX
    1409 posts Member

It’s funny how the many posts directly after your OP just jump right back into complaining about nerfs... and pay no regard to the main point of your post....not surprising. LOL

not surprising at all. :|
  • d0kRX
    1409 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »

Fair enough.

A cargo mode more like the last game's version would be preferred. But I guess I wont assume what the reasoning was behind Jetpack Cargo.
    Everything is lame-sauce to someone. The most important factor is if there's a majority of like mindedness on one particular subject. (I hope that the S-5 never gets a buff; but if enough people start demanding it... </3)
    If the game is intended to be a service, then it follows that any reasoning may end up being susceptible to change, based on customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction. (Buffs, nerfs, & general alterations to the service/game.)

you do have a good point there. B)
  • TheScape
    2225 posts Member

put them in crait phase 3 and sometimes the team, the wookies and yoda aren't needed

I was half joking, but I actually had a match on Kamino as defenders where we lost extremely fast on Phase 1 and we also lost quite fast on Phase 2 (even though I was providing air support and helped clean the platforms). For Phase 3 we could hold it for a bit and got them down 50 tickets before losing that phase as well. So, up until that point, my team wasn't doing so good and their team was more or less destroying us. We get to the last phase and I started using all my accumulated BP to spawn as Wookies to try and kill some heroes for the milestone.

Long story short, they never entered the main dome and they couldn't even use the console once because we had maximum enforcers clearing both tunnels. We also had some Officer's with Recharge Command buffing us. It was actually glorious to go from almost complete defeat to overwhelming victory. It was also the heroes fault on their team, because they didn't try to push until the last few tickets where they got killed anyways because it was too late.
    May your heart be your guiding key.