criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighters

I think they should be able to crash with other starfighters as they were in the pre-alpha. Thoughts?

Replies

• hsf_ wrote: »
    I think they should be able to crash with other starfighters as they were in the pre-alpha. Thoughts?

I'd rather they didn't, as trolling is bad enough as it is without having people crash into you on purpose. It's the same reason I'm glad there is no friendly fire in GA.

I agree about friendly fire, but now, with the improved flying controls and that crashing would cost you 600, 800, 1000 or even 1500!, I don’t think people would be crashing on purpose
  • No No No!
    Slower hero ships like the falcons or slave 1 would be crashed into on purpose by people going for hero ship kill points. Griefers would collide intentionally with their own team mates hero ships to make the ship available again.

You really want to try flying down the tube in the destroy the star destroyer at the dock map, with team mates going the same way as you, and oncoming enemy ships? Would be completely impossible for both sides!

Isn't there enough stuff floating around to crash into already?

Absolutely no to ship to ship collisions!

This would absolutely ruin space combat for most players, require a total redesign of most maps, and require a redesign of the spawn in system, as it spawns people in overlapping each other on a regular basis.

Very bad idea. Was turned off for a reason!

Bullseye.
    #StarWars-y
  • No No No!
    Slower hero ships like the falcons or slave 1 would be crashed into on purpose by people going for hero ship kill points. Griefers would collide intentionally with their own team mates hero ships to make the ship available again.

You really want to try flying down the tube in the destroy the star destroyer at the dock map, with team mates going the same way as you, and oncoming enemy ships? Would be completely impossible for both sides!

Isn't there enough stuff floating around to crash into already?

Absolutely no to ship to ship collisions!

This would absolutely ruin space combat for most players, require a total redesign of most maps, and require a redesign of the spawn in system, as it spawns people in overlapping each other on a regular basis.

Very bad idea. Was turned off for a reason!

I mean something like in the previous game and obviously not crashing like in the previous game, and I think it should be that if you touch someone you shouldn’t explode unless you crash in front of someone of the same size and if not you would only have some damage
    And certainly I didn’t think about SA, but for that I would suggest that small impacts shouldn’t kill you instantly
  • JAREDUP
    1550 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I remember on bf1 in fighter squadron that if you became boba/Han you could take out the other hero ship by running into it, so funny running from the other guy when he's trying to run into you :D
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    I remember on bf1 in fighter squadron that if you became boba/Han you could take out the other hero ship by running into it, so funny running from the other guy when he's trying to run into you :D

Weird, it made your gif a spoiler. had to click "show spoiler" to view it.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I thought there was some collisions in GA for Starfighters, at least against enemies? I'm sure I've flown into someone in my V-wing on Theed and bounced away. Could have been in the beta or something, but I'm sure it was more recent than that.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    I thought there was some collisions in GA for Starfighters, at least against enemies? I'm sure I've flown into someone in my V-wing on Theed and bounced away. Could have been in the beta or something, but I'm sure it was more recent than that.

If you die in a starfighter and your ship falls it can kill enemies

If you fly low enough and time it right, you can run into jet troopers in the air and kill them with ships in GA. Never been able to do it on purpose, but have by total accident a couple of times.
  • KlownShueS
    2062 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »

If you fly low enough and time it right, you can run into jet troopers in the air and kill them with ships in GA. Never been able to do it on purpose, but have by total accident a couple of times.

Did it once last week almost choked on my chips from laughter then I crashed and died
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »

Did it once last week almost choked on my chips from laughter then I crashed and died

The times I did it I laughed so hard I crashed too.

Oh those days is SWBF I when everyone had a jet pack. So much fun taking out jumpers mid air with a speeder or starfighter. Just a like a big bug on a windshield. Good times.
    #StarWars-y
  • Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »

I'd rather they didn't, as trolling is bad enough as it is without having people crash into you on purpose. It's the same reason I'm glad there is no friendly fire in GA.

If there was friendly fire in ga, all my teammates would be dead for not ptfoing. I would kill them All.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• hsf_ wrote: »

If there was friendly fire in ga, all my teammates would be dead for not ptfoing. I would kill them All.

That’s the reason of why there’s no friendly fire and never be
    Let’s let the noobs be noobs even with the disgusting (or funny) they’re
  • Only for arcade.
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • Ravogd
    162 posts Member
    The collision detection is already soooo bad for debris and structures it would no doubt mean you’d explode if you flew with in a few feet of another ship. A definite no from me.
  • Ravogd wrote: »
    The collision detection is already soooo bad for debris and structures it would no doubt mean you’d explode if you flew with in a few feet of another ship. A definite no from me.

I agree it shouldn’t be added until they fix the hit boxes which should be a priority
  • Only for arcade.

Maybe for testing it to see how it works
  • Kinda already works that way. I've definitely had both enemy, and friendly ships affect my shields 'n health when they crash into me. Granted it's not as drastic as hitting an invisible asteroid, or coming within 10m of some other object ( collision detection is awful in this mode ), but there is some damage done.