criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Mark Hamill drops a bomb on TLJ

Mark gives a speech on uniqueness of Luke in the new films:

Replies

• lok
    955 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    yep,he does not like it at all,i would bet my house that Disney is all over Rian Johnson with how this all went down and he had to do it.
    That being said-luke leyley chewy Han etc all have there own ending anyways in cannon(books) so it was going to happen regardless.
    I do not like how they treated luke and all that but meh,end of the day it is only a movie.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1359 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Even though my son / BFront I & II partner (i1CRE8TOR) 'enjoyed' the Last Jedi...
    Playing Luke in BFront I & II let us really enjoy,... well... the original Luke Skywalker and not this oddly familiar looking 'Jake' Skywalker from the Last Jedi.

Thanks Mark Hamill... my son LOVES the Original Trilogy (the original Luke)... and at least 'enjoys' the new sequels so far.

Worth the 5 min watch regarding Jake Skywalker...

• Jett_Fett_91166
    2277 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This is why I'm looking forward to Solo. The SW franchise needs redemption after the TLJ debacle. Opie is gonna do it right. I'd rather drink some creature's green lactation fluid than see another Rian Johnson directed SW film.

Edited fixed director
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1359 posts Member
    Just keepin it going here.
  • I suggest the off topic folder....since this has nothing to do with the game and just more TLJ bashing.
  • Wow. Hamill is on record saying he loves the movie, this is edited in an intentionally deceptive manner.

If you don't ike the movie that's fine, but let's stop pretending like no one liked the film. Star Wars fans are the absolute worst fan base.
  • hsf_
    1427 posts Member
    i2CRE8TOR wrote: »
    Even though my son / BFront I & II partner (i1CRE8TOR) 'enjoyed' the Last Jedi...
    Playing Luke in BFront I & II let us really enjoy,... well... the original Luke Skywalker and not this oddly familiar looking 'Jake' Skywalker from the Last Jedi.

Thanks Mark Hamill... my son LOVES the Original Trilogy (the original Luke)... and at least 'enjoys' the new sequels so far.

Worth the 5 min watch regarding Jake Skywalker...

[/quote]

Can I just ask, and it's not meant to cause trouble(I know how context can be ignored with typing) but why do you always mention your son, the fact that you two play the game together and give his in game name? I'm just curious as it's a slightly odd thing to do. Most people would say " Even though my son and I enjoyed the Last Jedi..."
    As I said, no hate here just genuinely curious. ^_^
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    I suggest the off topic folder....since this has nothing to do with the game and just more TLJ bashing.

yea I'm not a big fan of the TLJ story myself, but the film has some of the coolest bits in the saga. Gotta mention the good if you're gonna mention the bad as well. I scrubbed through that vid looking for something positive. And couldn't find anything good, so...

giphy.gif
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• The part where Rian and Katheleen twitch nervously and then later how Katheleen praises Luke with a laugh at the end are gold. At that time Katheleen decided Luke's fate in the films.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    And Rian is still making a new trilogy of films... :confused:
  • You could see the friction between Mark and Kennedy as she was praising Luke's significance. Mark's like "yeah, sure."
  • Dash
    11430 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    And Rian is still making a new trilogy of films... :confused:

Hopefully not. Its almost like he’s a secret Trekker Fan and pulled a fast one on us all. :rage:

JJ directed Trek films and Treated our Films/Characters Better than Rian did.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    You could see the friction between Mark and Kennedy as she was praising Luke's significance. Mark's like "yeah, sure."

She obviously wanted him out of the way. His character was a roadblock for the direction she wants to take series.
  • Dash
    11430 posts Member
    You could see the friction between Mark and Kennedy as she was praising Luke's significance. Mark's like "yeah, sure."

She obviously wanted him out of the way. His character was a roadblock for the direction she wants to take series.

She’s taking the series the Wrong way. :cry:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• @TheStalker88

I want the time it took to watch that video back. I expect a full refund.
  • TheStalker88
    6059 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    i2CRE8TOR wrote: »
    Just keepin it going here.

Just watched this and Mark's expression was "wow, what a doosh!" He did not like Rian's reasoning one bit.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member

She’s taking the series the Wrong way. :cry:

Liking these strong opinions, Dash.. Star Wars fan to the core ...

giphy.gif

Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• TheStalker88
    6059 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, SW is headed in the wrong direction. Mark hates it, George Lucas hates it too. And the crazy thing is, supposedly they can't do what's been done earlier, like EU, etc lol. That type of reasoning is what will turn SW into a mutated sea bass with laser beams.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, SW is headed in the wrong direction. Mark hates it, Jello hates it,George Lucas hates it too. And the crazy thing is, supposedly they can't do what's been done earlier, like EU, etc lol. That type of reasoning is what will turn SW into a mutated sea bass with laser beams.

Psn: Jello770
  • TheStalker88
    6059 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Majority of the fans do too but Rian thinks that fans can hate it all they want. Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is lol
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    2qrf12n8tpx5.jpeg
    Rian is an ****
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited May 2018

perhaps, from a certain point of view...but I honestly think they (the film studio) were more afraid of repeating a similar vibe in the OT than creating a risky fresh story. Rian has to own up to the story, Kennedy obviously was pushing for new and different content.... Luke becoming one with the force should've happened in IX, and he would've never felt the need to kill his nephew. Other than those two gigantic violations of his character and his meaning in STAR WARS, the rest was alright IMHO. I really did not like no Kylo vs Poe all-time dogfight. Huge miss..... It's Rey's story, but Luke is a Skywalker, the purest of them and what happened to his story can't be forgiven by a lot of fans. JJ is between rock and hard place, but I'll be there on Thursday night when this thing screens on opening night.

Anxious to see the truth about Rey when IX drops.. Perhaps Leia was intended to be the purest of the Skywalkers. Maybe George's treatment intended this before he sold the thing to Disney. We may never know in great detail...

EDIT: Lightsaber chuck was COLD! those lightsabers have always meant something and there should've been a moment! JJ set that scene up so well! Best closing shot in the entire saga!

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    JJ set that scene up so well! Best closing shot in the entire saga!

That closing shot has now been rendered useless thanks Rians bright idea to have him throw the saber behind him. The ending of TFA with an emotional luke now no longer makes any sense.
  • DarthJ
    5397 posts Member

Yes, a white old man cant be the most powerful Jedi ever! The force is female according to Kathleen remember?!
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Yes, a white old man cant be the most powerful Jedi ever! The force is female according to Kathleen remember?!

mv2ooxl3czl1.jpeg
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

mv2ooxl3czl1.jpeg

Wow.....
  • DarthJ
    5397 posts Member
    So when they say theres no political agenda in TLJ, just remember that picture....
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Would guess Mark is happy for all that Star Wars has done and brought to his life, mortified by the ending of his beloved character and happy to move on without having to be the pathetic version of Luke - still getting Disney money though so it ain't all bad.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    People seem to be mistaking their opinion for Disney’s. They love Rían Johnson (It’s probably not because of all the feminism but it sure seems like it). Also don’t think Mark Hamil really hates the movie.