criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - The Han Solo Season

Replies

• Nexo
    17 posts Member
    Eris42 wrote: »
    No game mode or map tied to the movie?

There is a new game mode. HvV 2v2. And likely the movie content will be in Part 2 of the season next month.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1270 posts Member
    Also: Hopefully great stuff will be released once Solo comes out, which is only in a couple weeks! Based on this transmission, I still probably won't play much until then except for trying out Jabba's palace on Blast.

In June, I'm guessing they will release a couple characters to play from Solo and a map from Solo for GA/Strike/Blast or possibly a Kessel Run SA map. Not getting my hopes up though.
  • KotasMilitia
    352 posts Member
    edited May 9
    New hero mode sounds fun. Hopefully there will be additional content in June instead of all the things they listed taking two months to implement. The new skins look cool, and obviously there will be a few more legendary ones, but I'm wondering how much they will cost. If there is more actual content (maps, modes, new starcards, guns), not just skins, that will be added in June then consider me happy with the update.

• That sounds great! Can't wait to get the my hands on the new stuff!
    Will temporary modes become permanent some day?
  • rollind24
    4704 posts Member
    Like some Jabbas palace and being able to spend Skill Points between rounds. Hopefully this helps keep people in lobbies.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Wow, I Loved this game. But it looks like its time to say goodbye! Thanks, for the update info!
  • Mastahpeece
    1657 posts Member
    Pumped for the Lando and Leia skins, the new HvV mode also sounds great as I miss the tactics it had in the previous game
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • 1. The season 2 is coming on May 16 or June?

2. Will we be able to change skins between rounds as well? Or only level cards up?
  • Cool skins but..... No classic Han :weary:
    The dangerous special forces of the Knights of Gareth

• kevlegs1971
    1052 posts Member
    Great to see Jabba's Palace coming back.. A few new rooms maybe? I'd love to see random Gammy guards roaming around attacking people or maybe bring back the live Rancor into the pit. lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • I would like at least 3 Han Solo outfits in this season.
    1. Young Han
    cdaywk1io2z8.jpeg
    2. Old Han
    i50le25r4ncq.jpeg
    3. Classic Han
    9psyg5pz6utf.jpg
    In these specific outfits, please.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Batman20
    1232 posts Member
    It's a bit diapointing I mean some of the stuff sounds cool. But why don't they just tell us everything we will get in the next two months or whatever. I was hoping to hear everything we will get in solo season. Plus we badly need new GA maps are we ever going to get that. As usual it's a bit of news and then back to the usual we can't say anything more and you'll have to wait to see
  • 2. Old Han
    i50le25r4ncq.jpeg

I think this will be my new profile picture.

"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    Awesome news. Can't wait. Oh and pc users. Get a console and you will find a lot more players to play with.
  • bfloo
    12481 posts Member
    Am I the only one noticing the irony of a Han Solo season with no Han in the 1st half of it?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• kez432
    149 posts Member
    Solaxe wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks for this!
    Thats it?

Keep the dissapointment coming

You got to be kidding...

You cant be serious that this is good looking after 6 months of nothing

Uhh, yeah? Considering there will be another update in june based on the new movie, it seems quite substantial, doesn’t it?

You must be trolling. There's no way a sane person would be fine with such lackluster update after SIX MONTHS (and soon, eight). It's hilarious

This is not the full update! How on earth can this be so hard to understand? A sane person would take that into consideration before posting.

A sane person would be pulling their hair out about now. How can anyone give EA the benefit of the dought at this point
  • grimmace2
    723 posts Member
    Looking at the "Jabba's Palace" theme, wondering if we'll get a "Hooded Luke" skin at some point during Season 2? People have been asking for it and it fits with the theme....
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    It's a bit diapointing I mean some of the stuff sounds cool. But why don't they just tell us everything we will get in the next two months or whatever. I was hoping to hear everything we will get in solo season. Plus we badly need new GA maps are we ever going to get that. As usual it's a bit of news and then back to the usual we can't say anything more and you'll have to wait to see

While they could’ve said if there’re GA maps and the like in the update, don’t you think a lot of the secrecy is because it is based on a movie that hasn’t been released yet?
  • Awesome! I'm very excited to see what's next. I appreciate doing what you can to listen to the community. I know it takes a village to make a game and continue to improve upon it.

Thank you so much!
  • MBSONIC
    308 posts Member
    Wait......so...we aren’t getting anything directly based on the movie until.......June?........no new heroes? or anything that’s actually new and hasn’t been seen before because of dataminers?...........*sobs inside*
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • AndriyFearr
    1 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Sadly
  • Sounds fun to me. Finally pushing the hero skins into new territory! And Jabba’s Palace was fun. Hopefully some improvements were added to it. A Rancor would be awesome, but doubtful...
  • LOTR2013
    202 posts Member
    Awesome, can't wait to get back inside Jabba's Palace.

One question; is Hero Showdown a temporary or permanent mode?
  • LOTR2013
    202 posts Member
    Clone skin? Anything?
    I doubt Clone skins are likely in 'The Han Solo' season.
  • LOTR2013
    202 posts Member
    Two part han solo season

Not sure if they meant a two part season. I think they meant that the updates they just highlighted will take two months to be fully implemented.

The article says content based on the new SOLO movie will arrive in june, doesn’t it?

”The fun begins on May 16 with a trip back to the original trilogy before jumping into new content for June inspired by the forthcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story™ film – but more on that later. First, let’s talk about what you’ll be able to play this month.”

I can't see that anywhere either. You are referring to this thread aren't you? I've used the search tool and it's not showing up.
  • Draco_RSA
    207 posts Member
    No improvement to finding games on servers? No new maps for GA? Weapons? Looks like EA does not want to spend money on this game now that the game no longer has loot boxes.
  • MBSONIC
    308 posts Member
    Rest In Peace.... battlefront 2........well who’s up for some x link kai OG battlefront 2 multiplayer matches?
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Yeeehhaaa
    haga7pnwih9q.gif
  • Dacen_Thren
    46 posts Member
    edited May 9
    I really shouldn't read the forums. The [Redacted] of the haters is killing my mood.
  • LOTR2013 wrote: »
    Two part han solo season

Not sure if they meant a two part season. I think they meant that the updates they just highlighted will take two months to be fully implemented.

The article says content based on the new SOLO movie will arrive in june, doesn’t it?

”The fun begins on May 16 with a trip back to the original trilogy before jumping into new content for June inspired by the forthcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story™ film – but more on that later. First, let’s talk about what you’ll be able to play this month.”

I can't see that anywhere either. You are referring to this thread aren't you? I've used the search tool and it's not showing up.

No, sorry. Here:

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/han-solo-season-is-coming-soon
  • Eris42 wrote: »
    No game mode or map tied to the movie?

It's coming in the second part of the season. They had to break it up so it wouldn't spoil the movie. That's why season 2, party 2, is coming out in June.
  • Sounds cool, but why is it every time a new map releases its only blast and hvv i want strike variants for bespinnand jabbas palace.. new weapons and ship skins would also be cool
  • moonalien
    460 posts Member
    edited May 9
    i like to try & stay positive but this recycled stuff from battlefront 2015 is a kick in the nuts, yea the skins are cool but i was hoping for new hero's, new GA map & ewok hunt as a permanent mode!...also where is extraction?.... :'(
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Can't wait for the new hero mode!
  • ZephanUnbound
    276 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Not going to lie, kind of disappointed that the season is split in 2 and that we have to wait to learn about what's coming in the 2nd half. All I know is, we better get a new hero and villain in the 2nd half of the season, not having them in the first half is incredibly disappointing as long as we've been waiting for content. Seems like the new content is mostly skins at this point. I get that EA needs to make money to fund this DLC but still, skins don't add nearly as much value to the game as actual content like new maps/modes/heroes/villains/ trooper weapons/reinforcement types/starships/etc.

Please deliver with actual new content in the 2nd half of the season, something like:

-New land map from the Solo movie (Kessel, Mimbam, Corellia, or Vandor)
    -New space map from the Solo movie (Kessel Run)
    -New hero (Qi'ra or Tobias) and new villain (Enfys Nest or Dryden Vos)
    -New trooper weapons, or at least moddable versions of the starting weapons
  • Okay, I see what they're doing here. I love Jabba's Palace, so that's cool. I thought for sure Extraction was coming back, so that's a tad disappointing. But that Leia costume is sweet. On the other hand, no new SA map which is DESPERATELY needed. But back to the positives, the new Hero mode and SA arcade are welcome additions. And if anything helps those atrocious loading screens, especially when you first start the game, I'm all for that.

I can't wait to hear more about Part 2. Bring on the SA maps!!!!
  • LOTR2013 wrote: »
    Clone skin? Anything?
    I doubt Clone skins are likely in 'The Han Solo' season.

The recent skin leaker said they were coming in season 2, and he was right about the Leia Boush skin, even had a screenshot of her which matches the one released in this community update.
  • Prof_Moriarty
    991 posts Member
    edited May 9
    kez432 wrote: »
    Don't Call it a season.
    More of a simple update. Some new Skins. A Duo Mode for hero's. An announcement on Arcade mode.
    Some basic tweeks to meus, And a mysterious Part2
    No new maps? No new heroes?
    Very undewhelming

I give up... smh...

Give up what?

What is it you're trying to get across to people, that this is a solid season after nearly 6 months?

It isn't.

No new heroes.

1 map.

2 modes, one a cut down version of a mode that people don't play as much because of issues.

What did the DLC give you in BF1? Heroes and maps. That's really what brings people into playing.

This is just another big let down and the cherry on top is, it's spread out over 2 months!!!!!

All those saying that free updates is great and paid for DLC is rubbish, what would you rather have now? Pay £10 for a skin or £20 for 4 new maps, new game modes and... new heroes.

Leadership at DICE doesn't know what it's doing.

I guess the more than 7 people working on this game is entirely accurate as I bet it's less than 10 and these "seasons" will show it.

No, that this isn’t the full update. That it clearly states that more content is coming in the Han Solo season, once the movie is out.

But would it matter if the june update did include new maps and heroes?
  • Will thie upcoming patch have hero balancing in it?
This discussion has been closed.