criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Community Transmission - The Han Solo Season

Replies

• Sv3zyg23
    78 posts Member
    FreeSoul wrote: »
    Yeeehhaaa
    haga7pnwih9q.gif

I second that! YEAH!!!!
  • kez432 wrote: »
    Don't Call it a season.
    More of a simple update. Some new Skins. A Duo Mode for hero's. An announcement on Arcade mode.
    Some basic tweeks to meus, And a mysterious Part2
    No new maps? No new heroes?
    Very undewhelming

I give up... smh...

Give up what?

What is it you're trying to get across to people, that this is a solid season after nearly 6 months?

It isn't.

No new heroes.

1 map.

2 modes, one a cut down version of a mode that people don't play as much because of issues.

What did the DLC give you in BF1? Heroes and maps. That's really what brings people into playing.

This is just another big let down and the cherry on top is, it's spread out over 2 months!!!!!

All those saying that free updates is great and paid for DLC is rubbish, what would you rather have now? Pay £10 for a skin or £20 for 4 new maps, new game modes and... new heroes.

Leadership at DICE doesn't know what it's doing.

I guess the more than 7 people working on this game is entirely accurate as I bet it's less than 10 and these "seasons" will show it.

Got stuck in the edit thingy, so another answer to this will show up later...

But, no. I’m saying that this is not the full update. That they have clearly stated that more content is coming in june.
  • moonalien
    460 posts Member
    Two part han solo season

probably just be half the crud mentioned above!
  • flcnrelic
    112 posts Member
    Two part han solo season

Not sure if they meant a two part season. I think they meant that the updates they just highlighted will take two months to be fully implemented.

That's correct. We get some on May 16th and then some additional content in June.
    GT (Xbox, PS4, PC): xxRustyRelicxx
  • Master_Cunha
    4562 posts Member
    Soooo... Where's all the content?
  • Will we also be getting the ability to change our skin and weapon mods between rounds without backing out to the main menu? That is probably my biggest QoL issue with the game right now.

Otherwise, this is looking pretty great and I can't wait to get in game with new skins and run around Jabba's Palace again!
  • bfloo
    15842 posts Member
    SithHunter wrote: »
    Will we also be getting the ability to change our skin and weapon mods between rounds without backing out to the main menu? That is probably my biggest QoL issue with the game right now.

Otherwise, this is looking pretty great and I can't wait to get in game with new skins and run around Jabba's Palace again!

you can change your weapon mods during rounds, even between lives.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• danilojbg
    837 posts Member
    A bit weird there's no Han Solo during Han Solo Season. I guess that's in part 2.

Also, we're getting this season because of the Solo film, but there's no movie content. It makes sense for them to hold it for part 2, when the film will have been already released. But they'd better come with some good movie content, otherwise it won't look like they had a good reason not to give us the much requested Clone Wars season.
  • First off, excited for the new season. Looking forward to new content.

That said, why don't I see anyone asking for private online matches? I can't be the only one that wants to play custom games with my friends.
  • In the time they spent on making these skins, and putting in an old map, they could have put in DROIDEKAS :disappointed:
  • I have maxleveld Darth maul but will I still recieve the rewards for leveling?
  • Greedo and Nien would of been nice for the first half of this season, since you brought Jabba's palace back.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    Epic fail, I knew it. Less than 15 bullet points, lame and utter stupid skins/content, and even worse is the announcement of a Part 2?!

Not only does this mean that this terror will be longer than 30 days? Clone wars is pushed back that much further, if it drops at all. No doubt you'll milk the season all the way to december.

This is worthy of a title update, to call it a season is just a joke man. And the funny thing is, you know it too.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • ZephanUnbound
    3066 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kevievds wrote: »
    Mark my words, we won't get any new heroes at all in season 2!!

That would be devastating for me. HvV is my most played mode by far.

• I wish DICE would stop just giving updates to arcade and the tiny map modes. I cannot the smaller team modes, as my own personal experience has given me around 80-90% of battles being dominated by one group of 2-3 friends who are clearly telling each other what they see and hiding next to each other to mess with the aiming system on console. Why has none of the updates since the last Jedi added content to galactic assault, the one good game mode (my opinion) in this game?
  • Tenngoat
    36 posts Member
    No new GA map? No Empire/FO skins? Instead SA arcade, 2 hero skins and Jabba’s palace in arcade and HvV? WTF. Coming from one of the largest game developers in the business, I feel so underwhelmed. That’s a BIG swing and a MISS EA.
  • McMast13
    342 posts Member
    I wish DICE would stop just giving updates to arcade and the tiny map modes. I cannot the smaller team modes, as my own personal experience has given me around 80-90% of battles being dominated by one group of 2-3 friends who are clearly telling each other what they see and hiding next to each other to mess with the aiming system on console. Why has none of the updates since the last Jedi added content to galactic assault, the one good game mode (my opinion) in this game?

Plenty of people including myself enjoy arcade and smaller modes (Blast is my favorite) , and I'd say they do a good job of proportionately working on different aspects of the game.
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

We’re back for another Community Transmission and this time we’re here to talk Season Two.

It’s been a busy few weeks at DICE HQ and it only feels like yesterday that we were rolling out the Progression Update. With the release of the Night on Endor update we’ve now found ourselves in our regular cadence of content releases.

In the very first Community Transmission we talked a little bit about our methodology behind updates, and how some would be similar to Night on Endor and others would be classed as Seasons. As part of our ongoing commitment to opening our lines of communication, today we’re going to talk a little bit about Season Two.

Did we mention it's coming out next week, on May 16?

The Han Solo Season

48ysozuv3xwe.jpg

As the season progresses you’ll find yourself completing challenges and seasonal quests, inspired by Han Solo’s closest friendships and against some of his greatest rivals.

The Han Solo Season will be spread across two months, and we’ve got a lot of content to cover, so let’s dive in.

Coming in May

Hero Showdown
    Alongside The Han Solo Season will be the release of a brand new game mode. Hero Showdown is similar to the much-loved Heroes vs Villains Game Mode, but with a brand-new rule set.

In this 2v2 game mode, players will begin the match by picking their Heroes. Should you be defeated you must put all your hope into your teammate and wait until the round is over.

If your team is successful and wins the round, you are unable to use the Heroes that you previously used. However, if your team loses the round you're free to pick any available Hero, including the ones you've just used.

It's a best out of five situation, so the first to win three rounds will claim victory. Think carefully about your pick, strategy is everything in this mode.

Starfighter Custom Arcade
    Starfighter Custom Arcade is where you’ll be able to become acquainted with all the Starfighters in the game. Take on AI and learn skills that will serve you well when you venture into Starfighter Assault and take on some of the best pilots in the galaxy.

We know that this is something a lot of our community have been requesting so we’re incredibly excited to confirm that it’ll be available as soon as Season Two starts on May 16.

Jabba’s Palace
    Located in the Dune Sea on Tatooine, this sandblasted metal and stone structure strikes fear into anyone that finds themselves on the wrong side of Jabba the Hutt.

Jabba’s Palace will be arriving in Star Wars Battlefront II and will be available in both Heroes vs Villains, Blast, and Arcade.

2i9j7eftshjp.jpg

Appearances
    Fans of Lando will be pleased to hear he’s going to be receiving an Epic, based around his Appearance within Jabba’s Palace.

It’s also time that we welcome the very first Legendary Appearance into Star Wars Battlefront II, and it’s one we’ve seen mentioned quite a bit. The Legendary Appearance will go to Leia and will come in the form of her iconic Boushh outfit from Star Wars™: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi™.

As this is a Legendary Appearance, it’s not just her look that’s changed, while dressed in her Boushh appearance Leia will use a speech scrambler to speak Ubese.

We’ve got more Appearances planned, so spend your time wisely and make sure you’re doing your Daily Challenges to save up your credits. June is going to be quite…Legendary.

v0ptt45vedbo.jpg

nn99tvt23pfj.jpg

Menu Updates
    With the launch of The Han Solo Season, we're making some quality of life changes to the front menu of the game. What this means, is that when you load up Star Wars Battlefront II, you'll be able to get into your favourite game modes a lot quicker.

The first big change you'll notice is when you enter the Multiplayer menu, which is now broken up into three main categories; Assault, Heroes and Villains, and Operations. Hero and Villains is where you'll find the core Heroes vs Villains game modes. Assault Modes, as you've probably guessed, is where you'll find the likes of Starfighter and Galactic Assault, alongside Strike. Operations is where you'll find Ewok Hunt, Blast, and it will also be the place to go for our limited-time game modes in the future.

Main Menu
    In the previous Community Transmission we talked about how we were going to be replacing the holographic effect you see within the menus with something else. The first part of its release will go live on May 16 and we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback on it.

We do have plans to take the initial release further, and all going to plan this should arrive in June with the second part of The Han Solo Season.

Spend Skill Points Pre-Round
    Since the new Progression System launched, one of the key bits of feedback we’ve seen has talked about the ability to spend your Skill Points in between rounds. We’re pleased to confirm that this functionality will be launching once Season Two is released.

New Milestones
    Alongside the release of the new Progression System came the arrival of a minor change that placed pop-ups within the game upon completion of a Milestone. This was met with a significant amount of positivity but If there was one thing we heard, it was that for some of you reading this, you had already completed a lot of your milestones.

We are adding Score Milestones for each Trooper, Hero and Specials. Troopers will receive three tiers, while Heroes and Specials will have two new tiers.

Community Spotlight
    The spotlight this time around falls onto a number of our Reddit communities.

First up we have /r/StarWarsBattlefront, with almost 150k subscribers this is one of the largest Star Wars based communities online. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Weekly Friend Finder thread and if you're a fan of memes, Sith Post Saturday.

If you're looking for a place on Reddit dedicated to gameplay discussion around Star Wars Battlefront II, then /r/BattlefrontTwo is the place for you. This is a great community that prides themselves on high quality discussion.

Have you ever taken a screenshot and wanted to share it with the wider community? If you answered yes, then /r/BattlefrontCaptures should be your go to destination. This community is full of some of the best screenshots you'll find. The perfect place to head to for when you need a new desktop wallpaper.

Punch It…
    That’s all we’ve got for this Transmission, we’ll be back again in the not so distant future with all the information surrounding The Han Solo Season content that will be released in June, including details of a brand new world.

I and many folks will be pleased with starfighter arcade and jabba's palace for arcade. I am over the moon excited for the future of the offline experience. Thank you so much. :) <3
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Nailed it! Jabba's palace...

giphy.gif

altho that map needs our beloved classic extraction mode too...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

Don't Call it a season.
    More of a simple update. Some new Skins. A Duo Mode for hero's. An announcement on Arcade mode.
    Some basic tweeks to meus, And a mysterious Part2
    No new maps? No new heroes?
    Very undewhelming

I give up... smh...

Give up what?

What is it you're trying to get across to people, that this is a solid season after nearly 6 months?

It isn't.

No new heroes.

1 map.

2 modes, one a cut down version of a mode that people don't play as much because of issues.

What did the DLC give you in BF1? Heroes and maps. That's really what brings people into playing.

This is just another big let down and the cherry on top is, it's spread out over 2 months!!!!!

All those saying that free updates is great and paid for DLC is rubbish, what would you rather have now? Pay £10 for a skin or £20 for 4 new maps, new game modes and... new heroes.

Leadership at DICE doesn't know what it's doing.

I guess the more than 7 people working on this game is entirely accurate as I bet it's less than 10 and these "seasons" will show it.

Got stuck in the edit thingy, so another answer to this will show up later...

But, no. I’m saying that this is not the full update. That they have clearly stated that more content is coming in june.

See, I can understand why people are happy with this update and that for a large quantity of people anything new is a bonus, but surely even you and the die hard supporters must understand why people are not happy with the content and especially that it's drip fed too.

No new heroes, 1 new map, no updates to GA, no Conquest mode and the worst thing is that no substantial content until at least after June, so that could be when? August? September?

They know everyone is starving for updates and things to do and even the die harders must see that the population is decreasing. EA should have ensured that this season or update or whatever they want to call it, was going to bring people back to play.

And it's a joke that they had an announcemnt of an announcement and now we have to wait again for an announment of what's coming in June.

Accept that people understand why you're happy, but you need to learn to accept and understand why people aren't.

Is that something you and the 6 can do?

I don't think it is.

• Tieth
    1 posts Member
    This stuff is awesome! Keep going! Love u guys! :D
  • mathxlrose
    276 posts Member
    If the movie havent been released yet, they cant give us new heroes/maps/skins. We'r probably getting this things in June, since the release of the movie is may 25th.

Just use your brain, guys. It works sometimes.
  • Expectation: SITH: Dooku, Ventress, grevious, savage oppress, jango, dengar, new skins for every villain....?
    JEDI: Shaak-Ti, ki adi mundi, aayla secura, kit fisto, plo koon, anakin, obiwan, Ashoka, new hero skins...?

BUT NO

Reality: Some solo season *****, and 2 new skins for 2 lame hero’s. And a new “game mode” which is basically search and destroy from call of duty, but with some hero’s. Bravo EA, bravo.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    MonkofWar4 wrote: »
    Ecstatic to hear that Starfighter Arcade will be a reality. I really can't get used to the TIE Silencer and Scimitar if I'm always losing them in the SA mode.

Will we be able to open the trap door to the rancor pit in Jabba's Palace map? Will there be a rancor lurking down there?

We've got common, Rare, Epic and soon to arrive Legendary skins. Why no 'Uncommon' ones if they're following Star Card commonality conventions?

I like what I'm seeing here for Season 2, keep up the good work.

yea, that's a little odd...maybe we'll get the availability to cross/swap colorize/alienize the infantry and that will eventually be reserved for the uncommon
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• IcedFreon
    855 posts Member
    I hope changing skins mid or after matches is added in part 2
  • ''today we’re going to talk a little bit about Season Two.''
    Some people should learn to read, really. I think it is great content for me, and can't wait for the other details.
    I want Qi'ra and Enfys Nest, but we will see what's coming soon.
  • mathxlrose
    276 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Come on guys.

They'r givin all of this to us next week.

The movie's coming in the end of the month. June is going to be NEW CONTENT other than these ones from this topic.

Didnt u guys understand? LOL

Nothing to complain of, since the movie's coming 25th may and we're already getting all of this things may 16th.
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    Wait so we are getting a map from battlefront 1 that I had paid for 3 years ago?

I understand that the focus has been on revamping the gameplay. But there is a separate team focusing on maps and we just get an imported map from the last game??
  • mandalorj
    216 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Definitely appreciate the starfighter arcade mode. No doubt. It would be nice to be able to customize or upgrade the original weapons for some of the classes like the small DC for the clones or the First Order F-11D. Those are good skins as well. Only two of them but two good one's. We're getting there.
  • I can’t wait to play, I’m not all background stuff is fixed so this game can finally roll on with content from here on out.
  • Jabba's Rancor appear and attack the players ? Gamorrean Guard playable ?

If not I shall be very disappointed !

But very thank for Starfighter Assault in Arcade! News for Galactic Assault in Arcade ?.
  • HellYeah
    217 posts Member
    Interesting that the SOLO content is not ready in time for the Film launch. Rouge 1 DLC (BF2015) was realised before the film.

I get the delays of any DLC being released due to the issues being fixed. But I can't help wondering now if this was the first planned DLC all along? And there never was a quarterly release planned??

If something else was planned and cut until later, why would SOLO be so late - This is not my impatience, it just makes Business sense to launch the DLC and Film close together.

On a more positive note - lets hope there are lots of smaller goodies coming out in between to bridge the gap a little. And of course we do still have the June launch coming too.
  • No GA maps, you can't port the Bespin one from BF1? Also, we already have skins for Leia and Lando why are they neglecting other characters with skins. This update is consistent with what they have done up to this point, very disappointing.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    Expectation: SITH: Dooku, Ventress, grevious, savage oppress, jango, dengar, new skins for every villain....?
    JEDI: Shaak-Ti, ki adi mundi, aayla secura, kit fisto, plo koon, anakin, obiwan, Ashoka, new hero skins...?

BUT NO

Reality: Some solo season ****, and 2 new skins for 2 lame hero’s. And a new “game mode” which is basically search and destroy from call of duty, but with some hero’s. Bravo EA, bravo.

Who was expecting this? Cause I wasnt, since they said season 2 was going to be Han Solo.

lol

Right! I wish we could actually expect something good from this game.
  • Uzygang
    1 posts Member
    Il serait temps qu'ils ajoutent de nouvelles armes je pense que c'est l'une des choses les plus intéressante au niveau du contenue
    Solaxe wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks for this!
    Thats it?

Keep the dissapointment coming

You got to be kidding...

You cant be serious that this is good looking after 6 months of nothing

Uhh, yeah? Considering there will be another update in june based on the new movie, it seems quite substantial, doesn’t it?

You must be trolling. There's no way a sane person would be fine with such lackluster update after SIX MONTHS (and soon, eight). It's hilarious

This is not the full update! How on earth can this be so hard to understand? A sane person would take that into consideration before posting.

A sane person would be pulling their hair out about now. How can anyone give EA the benefit of the dought at this point

The same people that know how to spell doubt.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Adding the ability to change skins in between games so i won't have to use Hoth Leia on Jakku everytime would be a great addition to spending skill points while in games :smile:
  • ''today we’re going to talk a little bit about Season Two.''
    Some people should learn to read, really. I think it is great content for me, and can't wait for the other details.
    I want Qi'ra and Enfys Nest, but we will see what's coming soon.

If some people should learn to read, then you should learn what me means as in "I think it's great content for me" whereas it's not great content for others. Simple no?

• ZephanUnbound
    3066 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    mathxlrose wrote: »
    If the movie havent been released yet, they cant give us new heroes/maps/skins. We'r probably getting this things in June, since the release of the movie is may 25th.

Just use your brain, guys. It works sometimes.

They can still announce it now however. Making people wait until late May for the announcement of the 2nd half content really sucks.

Also, the Rogue One DLC in Battlefront 2015 and the Episode 8 DLC for Battlefront 2 both released before the movie.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!