criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - The Han Solo Season

Replies

• Ahkmed7
    71 posts Member
    Well, as far as announcements go, this one was underwhelming. I'll just wait and see what June has to offer for part 2 of the season. I didn't really expect much, so I can't say I'm disappointed. I do understand this community's frustration with this game. I decided to check out the sub-reddit link (/r/BattlefrontTwo), and the first thread I saw was "Season 2 Disappointment" with several negative comments. I had a good laugh about that
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1394 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thank you SO much for Starfighter Custom Arcade!! I bought $15 worth of crystals this month ($10 for Starfighter Custom Arcade and $5 for Jabba Palace in Arcade). Please keep the Arcade content coming! Does Starfighter Custom Arcade have objectives and will the AI use hero ships?
    Could you please give an update on hero AI in a Community Transmission? Thanks.
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Vs11
    1 posts Member
    I'm loving the updates on this season. I do wish they would add Jetpack Cargo and make it where we get to vote for 3 New limited time modes each season. So two of them are chosen by the community and the other one can be tweaked by developers. Also, add some heroes for this season, please.
  • Solaxe wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks for this!
    Thats it?

Keep the dissapointment coming

You got to be kidding...

You cant be serious that this is good looking after 6 months of nothing

Uhh, yeah? Considering there will be another update in june based on the new movie, it seems quite substantial, doesn’t it?

You must be trolling. There's no way a sane person would be fine with such lackluster update after SIX MONTHS (and soon, eight). It's hilarious

Starfighter Custom Arcade is there so I am happy.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • So will we be able to rank up our ships and hero ships with Starfighter Custom Arcade? It would be nice if we did because it would help close the power gap that was left behind with that whole microtransaction debacle. Yeah I know we can just grind out Starfighter Assault matches, but you can only go so far with that when it seems like 9 times out of 10, the deaths I get in the game are by players with maxed out star cards. Maybe that's just bad luck on my part, I don't know, but it would help nevertheless. It's cool if you can't, I just thought it'd be a cool idea is all.
  • Swoop
    107 posts Member
    Starfighter assault offline mode is a start. The new hero mode sounds like something that maybe I will play but that I'm not excited for. The appearances are cool but do not count as content. The new map is for "Star Wars: Team Deathmatch" not for a real Star Wars Battlefront. Shame.
  • what no change skins inbetween rounds?

That would be cool, especially if it works for player 2 in Arcade split screen as well.
  • One easy way to double content in the game is to port over all large Walker Assault maps from BF2015 for GA. This would make the game have double the content and keep people happy. Also, please unlock all the content already in the game like clone skins and heroes. You could also port heroes over from BF2015. That would make the gaming community love you! You could also open up the code to community developers. Make it open source. You could have the final say, but let the community work on it. They would literally build the game for you and it could stay alive for years! If normal people could have access to the code, this game would live forever!
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    So that means extraction is coming in June then - fine by me. Content is good by me - the more the better.
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    Come on guys.

They'r givin all of this to us next week.

The movie's coming in the end of the month. June is going to be NEW CONTENT other than these ones from this topic.

Didnt u guys understand? LOL

Nothing to complain of, since the movie's coming 25th may and we're already getting all of this things may 16th.

We used to get the new movie maps before the movies released.
    It used to be like this with the Jakku DLC, the Scarif DLC and the Crait DLC.

A recycled map, only available in modes I don't care about, skins, UI overhaul, some new hero mode and Starfighter Arcade....
    I play Strike... nothing else. So again, there's nothing in it for me.
    Calling this a "Season" (or even a part of it) seems like a slight over-statement to me.

How is any of this even related to Han Solo?
  • 2 mods, 1 old map, 2 skins.... PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mandalorj
    216 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We will never get any type of road map, what sucks about it is the game is actually fun but the way they keep dragging out the information using people's hope to keep them playing is sick. Also, how is Disney not furious? The content has nothing to do with Solo, they aren't even promoting the movie! What the burgers is going on?!?!
  • Thank you for SA on Arcade!!! Finally!!!
    Looking forward to it, thanks for info forge!
  • Tetsuwan
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This all sounds great! Thank you for your continued effort in making the game better. It's still a gorgeous and fun game and it's unfortunate that the progression system held back an otherwise great game. I can't wait for Leia in the Boushh outfit. That was one of my favorite action figures as a kid.

One small request, I noticed a lot of the cutscenes, loading screens, title screens, etc. have not been optimized for 4K. What that means is that anything outside gameplay, looks less than optimal. Since the game is broadcasting in HDR, and these assets are not optimized for HDR, the colors look crushed and art looks pixelated.
  • I wish DICE would stop just giving updates to arcade and the tiny map modes. I cannot the smaller team modes, as my own personal experience has given me around 80-90% of battles being dominated by one group of 2-3 friends who are clearly telling each other what they see and hiding next to each other to mess with the aiming system on console. Why has none of the updates since the last Jedi added content to galactic assault, the one good game mode (my opinion) in this game?

IMO, Arcade is the best mode in the game and needs updates. Long live split screen!
  • Thats it?

Jeez, you just cant please some people...

Otherwise, sounds like a great update!!
  • will the hero showdown have split-screen co-op for console? that would be really cool if there is

That would be epic!!!!!
  • Spiito
    1969 posts Member
    SeDUkRZ.gif
    I'm excited!

Boat Lando is Best Lando~ (My mate is stoked for Boushh Leia.)

Pleased to hear Jabba's Palace will be added. Wondering if there will be a surprise hazard added to the iconic location.

Good to hear we'll be able to spend skill points without returning to the main menu screen! (It'll be useful for me. More useful to other players if a prestige system is ever added in the future, I'm sure.)

New mode's *slightly* concerning (only because of uncertainty based on what'll happen if a player exits a match in such a small player pool. May see quick victories due to winning by default.)

Heroes & villains + Operations sounds like the sections I'll be visiting the most, but I'll be checking out SA in Arcade mode with hopes to improve my piloting.

By the sounds of it; this community transmission doesn't specifically reveal *everything* we can expect to see. Seems like you aren't showing all of your cards, but I can respect that, since there'd be spoilers otherwise. A little bit of surprise is good, and I appreciate all this information being made available. (Regardless.)
    Thank you, (Ben, & to everyone in your respective groups involved with providing,) for the continued contributions.
    Wknuto!
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    Every time something is added to the game is awesome. Keep up the great work. So many haters on here though. You could cure cancer and they would still say you didn't do it good enough.
  • Crikeyboy
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    sith420 wrote: »
    Seeing some cool things here, but STILL nothing for Strike? At all? Come on. Pumped for some of this other stuff, but I would love to know why Strike is consistently being ignored over and over again. Jabba's Palace would have been perfect for it. Here is hoping the second part of the Season brings SOMETHING for that game mode. Or at least a fix for the Strike package glitch would be a start.

Sabotage was essentially a “Strike” game mode. If they went to the effort of porting the Administrators Palace then they could have dropped in the first stage of Sabotage (without the Heroes) and there you have it.

And since it’s a Solo season the Carbonite Freezing Chambers would have been another great addition
  • Dezert
    206 posts Member
    Starfighter Assault in arcade! Really stoked about that.
    Are there objectives or is it TDM?

Jabba's Palace for Blast & HvV, very nice.

Looking forward to next week.

Great stuff!
    XBox/Steam/Origin >> M1chaelSavage
    1UcxMVz.gif
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>>>>> Player Stats we will have <<<<<<<
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Crikeyboy
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    sith420 wrote: »
    Seeing some cool things here, but STILL nothing for Strike? At all? Come on. Pumped for some of this other stuff, but I would love to know why Strike is consistently being ignored over and over again. Jabba's Palace would have been perfect for it. Here is hoping the second part of the Season brings SOMETHING for that game mode. Or at least a fix for the Strike package glitch would be a start.

The first half of Sabotage was essentially a “Strike” game. If they can bring over the Admin Palace Bespin they could bring over a portion of Sabotage and shove it into Strike. Right?

And since it’s a Solo season how about the Carbonite Freezing Chambers map. Seems appropriate
  • GandalfSpartan
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Just wanted to say... you guys really did well in listening to the community with these new updates (i.e., spending skill points - and hopefully changing skins as well! - in between matches, nonholographic appearances, keeping Ewok mode - at least for a bit longer if not permanently, etc.) And I'm stoked to use my saved credits to get some sweet looking legendary skins.
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    for those saying this game is abanoned, theres still 100+ people working on this game.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Isn't that Jabba Palace map from BF2015 ? Seriously...
  • hsf_
    1904 posts Member
    for those saying this game is abanoned, theres still 100+ people working on this game.

Not doubting you personally on this, but can you provide evidence for this?
  • Starfighter Assault in Arcade !!! My 7 years old son its really happy. ( True story, I only let him play arcade).
  • Thats it?

Well you're not paying for anything so I don't see why you're disappointed?
  • Thank you to the BF17 devs for all of your hard work. I know it was tough after the backlash on release, but you guys seem to have successfully recovered.
  • mandalorj
    216 posts Member
    Thats it?

Well you're not paying for anything so I don't see why you're disappointed?

Look at what is happening on PC by people who aren't even paid to work on this game....that's why people are disappointed.
  • Beachrat4
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    New Solo content slipping into June is unfortunate but completely foreseeable given the redirection of resources EA/DICE had to do to cover the launch catastrophe.

I'm sure they've been working Solo content for months given everyone on the planet has known the film's release date for a very long while. That said, I'm also sure they refocused devs away from developing Solo content so that they could revamp the progression system. It's doubtful EA added a bunch of extra devs to the progression effort given the likely negative change in revenue forecasts from prior to launch.

Therefore, minimal extra devs plus unplanned extra work equals content slip.

So... assuming things are more or less "back on track" like @F8RGE says, I fully expect them to get back to their as of yet unannounced pre-launch content development plans and that we'll see more new content in future season/etc releases.

I expect they've always had a certain % of their dev work allocated to adding in "small" content drops such: 2015 ports, skins, etc.

Thanks for the hard work guys!! This is a beautiful game that is very addictive to play!! Can't wait to experience the new stuff this month and next!!
  • hsf_ wrote: »

Not doubting you personally on this, but can you provide evidence for this?

F8RGE, the community manager, said it on Reddit. Well, actually he said the number is around 100, though he didn't have an exact figure to give. That number is down from 120 around about February.
  • I’d like if you could set a different hero skin for each planet in the menus, or be able to choose which skin to use in the hero selection menu.
  • In future please port all or the Battlefront launch and dlc maps which never made offline skirmish over to custom arcade big and small maps please. @F8RGE
  • Like the skins but the rest is pure nonsense. Where's extraction? Where's clones? WTH is that HvV mode? It's hard enough to find a HvV match so they add another version to increase the number of empty lobbies?

EA/DICE...always underwhelms.

Please stop. We desperately needed another HvV mode. Do you realize how ma.y game modes there were in BF15? The lobbies were always full.
  • Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    The two highlights for me are SA for Arcade and Jabba's Palace for Arcade.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Expectation: SITH: Dooku, Ventress, grevious, savage oppress, jango, dengar, new skins for every villain....?
    JEDI: Shaak-Ti, ki adi mundi, aayla secura, kit fisto, plo koon, anakin, obiwan, Ashoka, new hero skins...?

BUT NO

Reality: Some solo season ****, and 2 new skins for 2 lame hero’s. And a new “game mode” which is basically search and destroy from call of duty, but with some hero’s. Bravo EA, bravo.

If you have no expectations, you will not be disappointed.
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.
  • THANK YOU!

This is exactly the update I've been waiting for!

I can't wait to play in Jabba's Palace as Boushh Leia. This made my day!
    "He's no Jedi..."
  • Beachrat4
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Solo content slipping into June is unfortunate but foreseeable given what happened at launch and the unplanned need to fix it.

EA/DICE has probably been working new Solo content for a while. Everyone on the planet has known the Solo movie was coming out in May for at least a year. However, given what happened post-launch with the need to re-plan and develop how the game was going to make money (to offset being able to drop free DLCs and attempt to keep to revenue predictions) combined with completely changing the progression system, more than likely led EA/DICE to reallocate planned development work from Solo to fixing all of that.

And while I expect they've always had a certain % of their dev work allocated to adding in "small" content drops (2015 ports, skins, etc), I'm guessing the progression and monetization revamps required more effort than would constitute a "small" drop.

So... a large amount of unplanned work with a more-or-less fixed number of developers equals content schedule slip.

In any case, assuming that they're back on track, as mentioned in the transmission, I predict that we'll start to see more planned-but-as-of-yet-unannounced new content dropping at regular intervals.

@F8RGE ... Thanks for all the hard work and I can't wait to experience what you guys have been working on!! This game is both beautiful and addictive!!
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

We’re back for another Community Transmission and this time we’re here to talk Season Two.

It’s been a busy few weeks at DICE HQ and it only feels like yesterday that we were rolling out the Progression Update. With the release of the Night on Endor update we’ve now found ourselves in our regular cadence of content releases.

In the very first Community Transmission we talked a little bit about our methodology behind updates, and how some would be similar to Night on Endor and others would be classed as Seasons. As part of our ongoing commitment to opening our lines of communication, today we’re going to talk a little bit about Season Two.

Did we mention it's coming out next week, on May 16?

The Han Solo Season

48ysozuv3xwe.jpg

As the season progresses you’ll find yourself completing challenges and seasonal quests, inspired by Han Solo’s closest friendships and against some of his greatest rivals.

The Han Solo Season will be spread across two months, and we’ve got a lot of content to cover, so let’s dive in.

Coming in May

Hero Showdown
    Alongside The Han Solo Season will be the release of a brand new game mode. Hero Showdown is similar to the much-loved Heroes vs Villains Game Mode, but with a brand-new rule set.

In this 2v2 game mode, players will begin the match by picking their Heroes. Should you be defeated you must put all your hope into your teammate and wait until the round is over.

If your team is successful and wins the round, you are unable to use the Heroes that you previously used. However, if your team loses the round you're free to pick any available Hero, including the ones you've just used.

It's a best out of five situation, so the first to win three rounds will claim victory. Think carefully about your pick, strategy is everything in this mode.

Starfighter Custom Arcade
    Starfighter Custom Arcade is where you’ll be able to become acquainted with all the Starfighters in the game. Take on AI and learn skills that will serve you well when you venture into Starfighter Assault and take on some of the best pilots in the galaxy.

We know that this is something a lot of our community have been requesting so we’re incredibly excited to confirm that it’ll be available as soon as Season Two starts on May 16.

Jabba’s Palace
    Located in the Dune Sea on Tatooine, this sandblasted metal and stone structure strikes fear into anyone that finds themselves on the wrong side of Jabba the Hutt.

Jabba’s Palace will be arriving in Star Wars Battlefront II and will be available in both Heroes vs Villains, Blast, and Arcade.

2i9j7eftshjp.jpg

Appearances
    Fans of Lando will be pleased to hear he’s going to be receiving an Epic, based around his Appearance within Jabba’s Palace.

It’s also time that we welcome the very first Legendary Appearance into Star Wars Battlefront II, and it’s one we’ve seen mentioned quite a bit. The Legendary Appearance will go to Leia and will come in the form of her iconic Boushh outfit from Star Wars™: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi™.

As this is a Legendary Appearance, it’s not just her look that’s changed, while dressed in her Boushh appearance Leia will use a speech scrambler to speak Ubese.

We’ve got more Appearances planned, so spend your time wisely and make sure you’re doing your Daily Challenges to save up your credits. June is going to be quite…Legendary.

v0ptt45vedbo.jpg

nn99tvt23pfj.jpg

Menu Updates
    With the launch of The Han Solo Season, we're making some quality of life changes to the front menu of the game. What this means, is that when you load up Star Wars Battlefront II, you'll be able to get into your favourite game modes a lot quicker.

The first big change you'll notice is when you enter the Multiplayer menu, which is now broken up into three main categories; Assault, Heroes and Villains, and Operations. Hero and Villains is where you'll find the core Heroes vs Villains game modes. Assault Modes, as you've probably guessed, is where you'll find the likes of Starfighter and Galactic Assault, alongside Strike. Operations is where you'll find Ewok Hunt, Blast, and it will also be the place to go for our limited-time game modes in the future.

Main Menu
    In the previous Community Transmission we talked about how we were going to be replacing the holographic effect you see within the menus with something else. The first part of its release will go live on May 16 and we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback on it.

We do have plans to take the initial release further, and all going to plan this should arrive in June with the second part of The Han Solo Season.

Spend Skill Points Pre-Round
    Since the new Progression System launched, one of the key bits of feedback we’ve seen has talked about the ability to spend your Skill Points in between rounds. We’re pleased to confirm that this functionality will be launching once Season Two is released.

New Milestones
    Alongside the release of the new Progression System came the arrival of a minor change that placed pop-ups within the game upon completion of a Milestone. This was met with a significant amount of positivity but If there was one thing we heard, it was that for some of you reading this, you had already completed a lot of your milestones.

We are adding Score Milestones for each Trooper, Hero and Specials. Troopers will receive three tiers, while Heroes and Specials will have two new tiers.

Community Spotlight
    The spotlight this time around falls onto a number of our Reddit communities.

First up we have /r/StarWarsBattlefront, with almost 150k subscribers this is one of the largest Star Wars based communities online. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Weekly Friend Finder thread and if you're a fan of memes, Sith Post Saturday.

If you're looking for a place on Reddit dedicated to gameplay discussion around Star Wars Battlefront II, then /r/BattlefrontTwo is the place for you. This is a great community that prides themselves on high quality discussion.

Have you ever taken a screenshot and wanted to share it with the wider community? If you answered yes, then /r/BattlefrontCaptures should be your go to destination. This community is full of some of the best screenshots you'll find. The perfect place to head to for when you need a new desktop wallpaper.

Punch It…
    That’s all we’ve got for this Transmission, we’ll be back again in the not so distant future with all the information surrounding The Han Solo Season content that will be released in June, including details of a brand new world.

thank the maker for arcade space combat :smiley:
  • OGPOTUS
    650 posts Member
    Pretty disappointing, even after my expectations have been lowered more and more every passing month. This is the content that was worth showcasing to build hype? I’m truly envious of the people excited or content with the new season after reading this, because my personal excitement had reached record lows.

I get that this might not be all they’re releasing, as they mention a new map in June, but it seems like a braindead decision to not mention more content even while avoiding spoilers. No mention of new heroes, so I’m expecting exactly that many. They would have mentioned it otherwise if they had any common sense. These are the things they felt most compelling to reveal, which would probably make them the better parts of the season.

Truly depressing amount of effort being put into this game at this point. Was still a bit hopeful after the cosmetics update that a new source of revenue might inspire better content, but this just looks like any other mediocre monthly update from the last 4 months. Color me underwhelmed af.
  • Walter72 wrote: »
    Awesome news. Can't wait. Oh and pc users. Get a console and you will find a lot more players to play with.

Plenty to play with on PC already ;)
  • kez432 wrote: »
    Don't Call it a season.
    More of a simple update. Some new Skins. A Duo Mode for hero's. An announcement on Arcade mode.
    Some basic tweeks to meus, And a mysterious Part2
    No new maps? No new heroes?
    Very undewhelming

I give up... smh...

Give up what?

What is it you're trying to get across to people, that this is a solid season after nearly 6 months?

It isn't.

No new heroes.

1 map.

2 modes, one a cut down version of a mode that people don't play as much because of issues.

What did the DLC give you in BF1? Heroes and maps. That's really what brings people into playing.

This is just another big let down and the cherry on top is, it's spread out over 2 months!!!!!

All those saying that free updates is great and paid for DLC is rubbish, what would you rather have now? Pay £10 for a skin or £20 for 4 new maps, new game modes and... new heroes.

Leadership at DICE doesn't know what it's doing.

I guess the more than 7 people working on this game is entirely accurate as I bet it's less than 10 and these "seasons" will show it.

You didnt read the article at all, 2 updates 1 this month and 1 next month after Solo comes out thats where the other content will get added in from that movie so it doesnt give spoilers...
  • One easy way to double content in the game is to port over all large Walker Assault maps from BF2015 for GA. This would make the game have double the content and keep people happy. Also, please unlock all the content already in the game like clone skins and heroes. You could also port heroes over from BF2015. That would make the gaming community love you! You could also open up the code to community developers. Make it open source. You could have the final say, but let the community work on it. They would literally build the game for you and it could stay alive for years! If normal people could have access to the code, this game would live forever!

What do you think this is Rockstar or Bethesda? Won't ever happen. Not saying I would like the community and myself to add to the game but them giving us the tools to add to the game? Most likely won't happen. The fact that we can't even run our own servers points it won't happen.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Am I the only one noticing the irony of a Han Solo season with no Han in the 1st half of it?

You'll find him hanging out on the wall in Jabba's Palace!!
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    734 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Fantastic news! Lots of great stuff coming in this update. I can't wait!

I'm curious (and admittedly, a bit concerned) about how Starfighter Custom Arcade is being implemented, though. Is it Starfighter Assault in Custom Arcade, or something else?
    "All wings report in."
  • Crabman
    201 posts Member
    Wow rather disappointing (and rather ironic considering recent talks about the difficulty of porting maps)

GA and Strike getting shafted so far; nice.

Nothing about hero balancing for GA or fixing the load times (even into the freaking MAIN MENU)

Oh and how could we forget reddit. REALLY?
    An offical annoucement on the offical forum regarding our FIRST "free live service" content drop and Dice of course manages to jam in Reddit. F F S. Did the annoucement on reddit have a paragraph about the offical forums??

Bitterly disappointed by this.

This "free live service" stuff is just great isn't it?

• This is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. The forums asks, "Where is Season 2? Where is Season 2?" Then they get under half of the patch notes, and they complain about what is not there. Well, stop and consider, maybe it is in the SECOND part of the season. From what I have heard, that is when most of the content will drop. Also, we got Ewok Hunt as a permanent mode, which many people wanted. Seriously. Stop complainig about what is not there until you know what IS there.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Walter72 wrote: »
    Awesome news. Can't wait. Oh and pc users. Get a console and you will find a lot more players to play with.

Yet another user who has NO IDEA what is happening over on PC right now. The 104th Wolfpack battalion is defending Kamino dude. This is in multiplayer btw. Star fighter Arcade mode was available in Dec. on PC. Clone commanders and Jango Fett are playable heroes on PC at this moment. Full maps in arcade mode are available as I type this. The PC game is the superior version. The only reason I'm on the console version and not on PC at this very moment is b/c I don't have a computer that can run it. But it's clear to me that I bought the wrong version of this game. Should have got it on pc.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!