criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Community Transmission - The Han Solo Season

Replies

• Zexx
    1 posts Member
    @F8RGE Are we going to get the full patch notes prior to the release like last time?
  • if it's possible to make a 2v2 hero mode, then you could make also 5v5 or 6v6 - just as limited event f.e. for 2 days

the only reason why I bought swbf2 was that finally I'll see more prequel era content.... there are so many heroes and locations, yet another content from original trilogy era ...

i would like to participate in HvV competitions, will there be any?
    I'm a HvV player, member of TKS clan.
    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSUxQWOhVYYnvM6lHfuWNzQ
    Twitch: twitch.tv/drunkensailorsk
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    this sounds pretty good from what i have read. however one thing i still wonder, will there be new guns, new class, new heroes, hew star cards, that actually affect gameplay? they dont need to be all at once this could bring some spice to modes already in the game. this is the kind of content that (if dont correctly) could lead to new ways to play and breath new life into the game. i hope they release some stuff for solo season like this. there have been no new guns or star cards since launch right?
  • Sigh... EA, I don’t know where to begin... I guess I will begin by asking if any of your development team are fans of Star Wars or if any of your team have ever even seen the original Star Wars films?(They are pretty good).
    This announcement regarding your Han Solo season is yet another let down from this team, game and company. It is so obvious that all you are concerned about is cross promotion with the Han Solo movie. If not, then why haven’t you given fans what they want? Where is the content for the Clone Wars? Where are all of the maps from Battlefront? Why can’t you board the enemy ship in star fighter assault? Why didn’t you make a galactic conquest mode???

I have far too many questions about your decision making process and this post is becoming too lengthy. I will leave you with the question that haunts me concerning this game... where is OBI-Wan Kenobi??? I guess too much time was spent coding skins for already existing characters. We all really wanted Chewbacca with a bandage on his arm!!! How ridiculous!

• MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Nexo wrote: »
    You guys did good. I can't wait for the update!

I’m honestly going to ask you.....how did they do good?....how?
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • Why just Starfighter Arcade why not conquest as well?
  • Glad I'll finally get a chance to try out Jabba's Palace. Hopefully, the Rebels will have the correct uniform this time (Bespin Rebels still have Desert uniforms instead of urban camo or fleet uniforms).
  • Nice see bit of a mixture. Sure it will be a good season.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • Wing_Commander_03
    48 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    So we're getting another recycled DLC 2015 map as Season 2 !!

No Playable 'Solo' movie vehicles, ships, weapons, characters or maps !

This why I've given up no this game
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    I'm going to grind like crazy to get Boushh...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • HellYeah
    217 posts Member
    HellYeah wrote: »
    Interesting that the SOLO content is not ready in time for the Film launch. Rouge 1 DLC (BF2015) was realised before the film.

I get the delays of any DLC being released due to the issues being fixed. But I can't help wondering now if this was the first planned DLC all along? And there never was a quarterly release planned??

If something else was planned and cut until later, why would SOLO be so late - This is not my impatience, it just makes Business sense to launch the DLC and Film close together.

On a more positive note - lets hope there are lots of smaller goodies coming out in between to bridge the gap a little. And of course we do still have the June launch coming too.

Or just maybe the earlier DLC was the Clone Wars Season and due to the issues it was put on hold. The focus having to be on getting the SOLO Season out to match the film? Is so, this is good news, it would mean it could very well be a fast follower as much of the work could already have been completed.

Good news ahead?
  • Phyrebrat
    832 posts Member
    Lite.

• Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Lite.

Agree in full, we need to be patient while stil putting pressure for bug fixes and NEW CONTENT to keep community playing the game and not wonder off.. BUT.

Why label the DLC of May a Season? While it is nothing other than a patch, with the real season comeing in June.
    Yes, patch and season is only words, but for a passionate community that survive on HOPE, it set us up for disappoint?
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Wow, reading through the comments in this thread, I cannot believe how ignorant, ungrateful, entitled and just plain toxic this community can be... EA, DICE and Criterion seemingly can do no right...

Are there bugs in BFII that need to be fixed? Yes. Are there features and options that need to be implemented? Of course. Are there things that need to be adjusted for balance? You bet. Should some content and features have been prioritized differently? Absolutely. Lord knows I have my share of gripes with this game, but the majority of gamers here don't seem to understand the game industry as a whole or how game development works versus how things were 15 years ago with LucasArts'/Pandemic's original two Battlefront games. It's a completely different ball game now. The manpower, time and cost required for development is vastly greater than it was then. This stuff takes time. That's not even including testing, approval and distribution procedures.

You guys bitched and moaned about the progression system - DICE overhauled it. You threw a tantrum about the micro transactions despite the need for it as income to support free DLC (which in of itself was a response to the backlash of having paid DLC in the last game), and made a mountain out of a mole hill with how much it impacted gameplay balance - DICE reworked it. And almost everything else was put on hold so they could address these things because the community screamed about them... and now you guys are griping about how this and that hasn't been implemented by now and how EA and DICE have been "screwing" us over? What the heck is wrong with you? Can't you see they've been working to implement the things you've been complaining about? This stuff doesn't happen over night.

Anyone who's ticked over Season 2 focusing on the Solo film and not TCW is a fool. That was not going to happen. This is one thing that hasn't changed with game development and support. Movie tie-ins have always been important from a business standpoint. Those of you making a big deal out of this need to relax and be patient. We could very well get TCW for Season 3. Possibly sooner than that. As for the Solo Season's content - We. Don't. Know. Everything. That. Is. Included. Yet.

Look, there are a lot of things with BFII I'm upset about, too. But the good far outweighs the bad. A lot of you guys need to get informed and approach the situation reasonably. Despite the problems, BFII is an outstanding game, and it's only going to get better. Especially now that the core overhauls are already implemented and DICE and Criterion have resumed work on additional content and features.

Agree in full, we need to be patient while stil putting pressure for bug fixes and NEW CONTENT to keep community playing the game and not wonder off.. BUT.

Why label the DLC of May a Season? While it is nothing other than a patch, with the real season comeing in June.
    Yes, patch and season is only words, but for a passionate community that survive on HOPE, it set us up for disappoint?
  • Huscarl
    70 posts Member
    Disappointed that there is no slave leia. What is Star Wars without that skin. If lego star wars can do it then you can do it.

Classic-Leia.jpg
    Add me :)

Steam id- Taskforce307

Uplay - ArsenalBullet

PS4 - Huscarl01 (Altair profile pic)
  • "A lot of stuff like Droidekas, Obi Wan, Grievous, etc have been put on the back burner since mid January. Denis wasn't lying back then when teasing Clone Wars.

Right now, the focus is on churning out cosmetics to generate revenue. If Dice can't show that that game is not profitable, then there no major content creation will be greenlit. Period.

Geonosis: don't expect a huge sprawling map with lots of vehicles.

They simply do not have the resources for it. Its creation will depend heavily on the sale of upcoming skins. At most, expect Geonosis caves for hunt.

Dice will be re-using old maps in new ways for gimmicky modes while concentrating on cosmetics. Expect racing, hunt, drop pod, droid run, etc.

There will be one tweaked mode every month along with 2-3 skins and some balance updates. heroes will start to receive star cards for replacing abilities.

The reason there's no roadmap is because nothing has been greenlit and there's not much funding. Dice is on proving ground right now. If the MTX hadn't happened, Obi Wan and Grievous would've arrived in Feb/March, with Solo in June, and Padme/Jango with Geonosis in August.

There are some half completed assets but honestly, everything is in limbo right now and Dice is trying to buy time."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8i9xy8/the_current_state_of_the_game/

This makes too much sense.
  • Sooooo..... how about that Yoda buff?
  • When are you going to fix the trophy for reaching rank 50? I'm at rank 48 and haven't played the game in months for fear of never getting the trophy if I reach rank 50.
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    mandalorj wrote: »
    "A lot of stuff like Droidekas, Obi Wan, Grievous, etc have been put on the back burner since mid January. Denis wasn't lying back then when teasing Clone Wars.

Right now, the focus is on churning out cosmetics to generate revenue. If Dice can't show that that game is not profitable, then there no major content creation will be greenlit. Period.

Geonosis: don't expect a huge sprawling map with lots of vehicles.

They simply do not have the resources for it. Its creation will depend heavily on the sale of upcoming skins. At most, expect Geonosis caves for hunt.

Dice will be re-using old maps in new ways for gimmicky modes while concentrating on cosmetics. Expect racing, hunt, drop pod, droid run, etc.

There will be one tweaked mode every month along with 2-3 skins and some balance updates. heroes will start to receive star cards for replacing abilities.

The reason there's no roadmap is because nothing has been greenlit and there's not much funding. Dice is on proving ground right now. If the MTX hadn't happened, Obi Wan and Grievous would've arrived in Feb/March, with Solo in June, and Padme/Jango with Geonosis in August.

There are some half completed assets but honestly, everything is in limbo right now and Dice is trying to buy time."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8i9xy8/the_current_state_of_the_game/

This makes too much sense.

This smells of truth...people buy those dang skins if your feeling it for Geonosis and Grevious.

This is why I've given up now on this game

Recycled? Dude it’s a DLC map from the first game, now very much available Offline. That map is NOT available Offline in the 2015 game. Now we finally can play Offline with it I’m so amped. We now have 2 maps from the DLCs priorly NOT available Offline. This is stupendous news. Dude even if all the remaining maps given us are just ported DLC maps from the 2015 game I’ll still be happy; because THEY WERENT AVAILABLE OFFLINE, simple as that. Soooooo there is something to be thankful for.

Season Two (in June) Han Solo Content:

Four Heroes:
    We are getting the villain from the Han Solo Movie: Enfys Nest and the heroine: Qi'ra

Top Lieutenant Qira [pronounced Kira]

Enfys Nest

We are also getting Greedo and Nien Nunb

LMAO I think I’m going to like this movie. :D

—————————————

Plus 4 legendary skins

1 map

and possibly new weapons...

Now that said I’m not blind to all the things we still don’t have: Grevious, Kenobi, Geonosis, Destroyer Droids...but I’m sure we’ll get it by somewhere around August when the Clone Wars season drops.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • So we're getting another recycled DLC 2015 map as Season 2 !!

Recycled? Dude it’s a DLC map from the first game, now very much available Offline. That map is NOT available Offline in the 2015 game. Now we finally can play Offline with it I’m so amped. We now have 2 maps from the DLCs priorly NOT available Offline. This is stupendous news. Dude even if all the remaining maps given us are just ported DLC maps from the 2015 game I’ll still be happy; because THEY WERENT AVAILABLE OFFLINE, simple as that. Soooooo there is something to be thankful for.

Four Heroes:
    We are getting the villain from the Han Solo Movie: Enfys Nest and the heroine: Qi'ra

Plus 4 legendary skins

1 map

Now that said I’m not blind to all the things we still don’t have: Grevious, Kenobi, Geonosis, Destroyer Droids...but I’m sure we’ll get it by somewhere around August when the Clone Wars season drops.

Whoa! Howmdid you find out about June? But I agree...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Four Heroes:

Plus 4 legendary skins

1 map

BattlefrontUpdates
    “There is always hope.”
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    each class has 4 guns right? will they add any one ones in the near futher? I know because of the class system they would have to add a gun for each class to make the choices the same, but i dont remember seeing any new guns since launch.
  • So we're getting another recycled DLC 2015 map as Season 2 !!

Four Heroes:

Plus 4 legendary skins

1 map

StarWarsHQ

Thanks.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    each class has 4 guns right? will they add any one ones in the near futher? I know because of the class system they would have to add a gun for each class to make the choices the same, but i dont remember seeing any new guns since launch.

Would like to have more options for the guns as well, why can't the first blaster get some gadgets for it (scope, etc.)?
    More blasters definitely needed (along w/ maps, cards, etc.).
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    I think EA/Dice should NOT give clone wars content or any of the other stuff a lot of people have been complaining about not getting. These little whiney babies need to be taught a lesson that you don't always get what you ask for.
  • perducci
    44 posts Member
    can't wait to get my "Surprise, surprise, it's Lando in disguise" skin.
  • VaperEyes
    641 posts Member
    Looks like a lot of good stuff and a ton of hard work. Your response to the feedback is premium (filtering through the complaints and recognizing the material that's going to work for future productions). I can't believe the demand at 7 months in to this - ridiculous.
    My expectation for SW content was met on day one. *(The addition of the Starfighter mode in Arcade is way late - but I appreciate because I need to get better with air support)*. But overall I remain a satisfied customer of some fabulous work.
    May the Force be with You
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    What the F! No Bikini Leia?!?

Thumb this up!

OK, that I might consider buying! :p

Slave-Leia-and-Darth-Vader-on-beach.jpg
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • mandalorj
    216 posts Member
    Walter72 wrote: »
    I think EA/Dice should NOT give clone wars content or any of the other stuff a lot of people have been complaining about not getting. These little whiney babies need to be taught a lesson that you don't always get what you ask for.

yvxz4uba266f.jpg
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Wow, reading through the comments in this thread, I cannot believe how ignorant, ungrateful, entitled and just plain toxic this community can be... EA, DICE and Criterion seemingly can do no right...

Are there bugs in BFII that need to be fixed? Yes. Are there features and options that need to be implemented? Of course. Are there things that need to be adjusted for balance? You bet. Should some content and features have been prioritized differently? Absolutely. Lord knows I have my share of gripes with this game, but the majority of gamers here don't seem to understand the game industry as a whole or how game development works versus how things were 15 years ago with LucasArts'/Pandemic's original two Battlefront games. It's a completely different ball game now. The manpower, time and cost required for development is vastly greater than it was then. This stuff takes time. That's not even including testing, approval and distribution procedures.

You guys bitched and moaned about the progression system - DICE overhauled it. You threw a tantrum about the micro transactions despite the need for it as income to support free DLC (which in of itself was a response to the backlash of having paid DLC in the last game), and made a mountain out of a mole hill with how much it impacted gameplay balance - DICE reworked it. And almost everything else was put on hold so they could address these things because the community screamed about them... and now you guys are griping about how this and that hasn't been implemented by now and how EA and DICE have been "screwing" us over? What the heck is wrong with you? Can't you see they've been working to implement the things you've been complaining about? This stuff doesn't happen over night.

Anyone who's ticked over Season 2 focusing on the Solo film and not TCW is a fool. That was not going to happen. This is one thing that hasn't changed with game development and support. Movie tie-ins have always been important from a business standpoint. Those of you making a big deal out of this need to relax and be patient. We could very well get TCW for Season 3. Possibly sooner than that. As for the Solo Season's content - We. Don't. Know. Everything. That. Is. Included. Yet.

Look, there are a lot of things with BFII I'm upset about, too. But the good far outweighs the bad. A lot of you guys need to get informed and approach the situation reasonably. Despite the problems, BFII is an outstanding game, and it's only going to get better. Especially now that the core overhauls are already implemented and DICE and Criterion have resumed work on additional content and features.

This is absurd and filled with wishful thinking, hope, and giving DICE the benefit of the doubt, which they definitely have not earned.

Ignorant, ungrateful, entitled and just plain toxic is what you call a company that makes a game for a beloved franchise, and sells you what is supposed to be a AAA game, and charges you a AAA price, but with a free to play model, and the 2 main characters locked away behind microtransactions which could require hundreds of dollars (and praying to RNGeezus), or hundreds of hours of grinding to unlock.

It doesn't matter what the reality of modern game design is, or how much it costs to develop content. They basically sold us shareware with a promise of regular & consistent content, and that's not what we're getting. They need to follow through. We have every right to be unhappy that we were sold an incomplete product.

We're not their kickstarter backers. They need to pull up their big boy pants, suck it up, and give us the game we were supposed to be getting. It's too bad their money printer broke down, but it's still under warranty, and need to be fixed.

ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    Before you say "they need time to develop good content", they've had plenty of it. Sitting meekly by and patiently waiting for them to spontaneously wow us is how you end up with nothing. If people hadn't vocally opposed their vile MTX model, then I would still be trying to unlock Luke and Vader today. You can call the community names all you want, but put simply, you are wrong.

We must continue to be vocal with our very valid criticism, because the longer we wait, the more time that passes, the closer they get to being able to say that the game has "reached the end of its life cycle", so they can simply wash their hands of us and walk away from this steaming mess.

EA looooooves to shut down and abandon support for games at the earliest possible opportunity. We learned that from the previous 2 console generations, where it seemed like every time a new Tiger Woods or FIFA game would come out, they would shut down the old one. They probably couldn't shut down BF2015, even if they wanted to (due to Xbox/Sony agreements), but they surely can (and did, I believe) stop supporting it and fixing things.

https://kotaku.com/5473163/ea-takes-nine-more-games-offline
    https://kotaku.com/5894547/ea-takes-down-online-servers-for-eleven-games
    https://kotaku.com/ea-asks-fans-to-stop-keeping-old-battlefield-games-aliv-1819890602

When it comes to game development, good things certainly do not come to those who wait. Ask the people who played Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow about the Morocco map, where there was a certain ladder that if you climbed it, you fell out of the bottom of the map and died. Never fixed.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• If I had to choose between the Han Solo season and only Clone appearances.

I would choose Clone appearances. They were in the leaked version. I'm getting tired of waiting to customize my clones.
    Besides, are any Imperial trooper skins even coming? EVO trooper skin for Aerial, whatever?
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    On a positive note (afraid to edit my previous posts because the forum likes to eat them), I was very happy with the double XP weekend. I was very happy with the creativity of coming up with a mode like Ewok Hunt, which made a totally different kind of game off of the (admittedly excellent) platform that they have to build on with this game.

I have expressed sympathy for the developers themselves, who didn't ask for MTX, and would probably love to give us everything we want, if they had the budget and IP clearance to do so.

I accept that it's not an ideal situation for anyone, but if I have to choose a camp to advocate for (as many have) it's going to be the people like me who forked over their hard earned money for the game, and not the folks who work for a multi-billion dollar company that only seems to pay attention to public outrage.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Self delete, cos my edited post came back. :)
    Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Meanwal
    33 posts Member
    Awesome guys! Keep it up.
  • Is Ewok Hunt permanent now?
  • LOTR2013
    278 posts Member
    Is it just me, or does the number of skins they are releasing seem a bit...small? Two to three a month? As their only way of income I'd have thought it'd be at least ten a month. Maybe they take a long time to make, but there are literally hundreds of skins that could be added. More skins equals more money.

Four Heroes:

Enfys Nest

—————————————

Plus 4 legendary skins

1 map

I really can't see four heroes in The Han Solo season. In fact I don't think any will come. Remember, they said that not all seasons will have heroes. I reckon two of the Legendary skins will be for young Han and young Lando.
  • LOTR2013
    278 posts Member
    M00PYCAMEL wrote: »
    Is Ewok Hunt permanent now?

I hope it will be. They haven't been very clear. I'm also hoping Hero Showdown is permanent. They haven't been very clear on that either.
  • Billkwando wrote: »

This is absurd and filled with wishful thinking, hope, and giving DICE the benefit of the doubt, which they definitely have not earned.

Ignorant, ungrateful, entitled and just plain toxic is what you call a company that makes a game for a beloved franchise, and sells you what is supposed to be a AAA game, and charges you a AAA price, but with a free to play model, and the 2 main characters locked away behind microtransactions which could require hundreds of dollars (and praying to RNGeezus), or hundreds of hours of grinding to unlock.

It doesn't matter what the reality of modern game design is, or how much it costs to develop content. They basically sold us shareware with a promise of regular & consistent content, and that's not what we're getting. They need to follow through. We have every right to be unhappy that we were sold an incomplete product.

We're not their kickstarter backers. They need to pull up their big boy pants, suck it up, and give us the game we were supposed to be getting. It's too bad their money printer broke down, but it's still under warranty, and need to be fixed.

And here we go.

OMG, dude... are you nuts? Are we even talking about the same game? If you're this unhappy with BFII, and unwilling to even toy with the notion the situation is not what you think, then there are plenty of other games you can enjoy. Don't try to ruin it for the rest of us.
    "All wings report in."
  • GodKC
    245 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »

And here we go.

OMG, dude... are you nuts? Are we even talking about the same game? If you're this unhappy with BFII, and unwilling to even toy with the notion the situation is not what you think, then there are plenty of other games you can enjoy. Don't try to ruin it for the rest of us.

People have a right to be ***** off...
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Billkwando wrote: »

And here we go.

OMG, dude... are you nuts? Are we even talking about the same game?

Did you just buy it or something? Not familiar with how the progression system worked at launch? What?

If you're this unhappy with BFII, and unwilling to even toy with the notion the situation is not what you think, then there are plenty of other games you can enjoy. Don't try to ruin it for the rest of us.

Tell me how, exactly, is asking them to deliver original content (outside of recycled maps and a couple skins, which are created by an art department, NOT the main developers) trying " to ruin it for the rest of us"?

Oh yes, the "go play another game" argument, real original.

Consumer at car dealership: "Hey! My car still doesn't have the nice stereo & speakers you were supposed to have on back order when I bought my new car, it's been six months, and it still hasn't come in yet. I paid for it up front."

Some random guy in showroom: "If you don't like your AM/FM radio, maybe you should buy another car?"

*whoosh* Missed the point.

Also, if I didn't like the game, why would I bother asking them to continue releasing content for it?

"unwilling to even toy with the notion the situation is not what you think"

What sort of vague carrot & stick nonsense is that? What does that even mean? Why are you unwilling to even toy with the notion the situation is not what you think?? :p

Instead of replying with the a message that is basically a more verbose equivalent to "no, u!", why don't you tell me which specific point of my post you take issue with, so I may make a counterpoint to your thoughtful observations? Feel free to break them out into quotes, and address them individually, so I can be sure I that I may properly illuminate my points, so as not to give you the impression that I am disregarding your thoughtful input.

Also, you said you had your complains about BF2. Let's hear them. I want to know what you consider unacceptable about BF2, if you feel that my assertions are indeed "nuts".

Oh yeah, and this:
    cyvxfdunnxqg.png
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• GodKC
    245 posts Member
    This whole thing is ripping the community apart.
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This tweet said, “Dennis Brännvall
    @DICE_FireWall
    ·
    Feb 6
    Hah! "Bring back Nien-Nunb" - two words I never thought I would hear before Battlefront 1 Outer Rim!
    Greedo the election nerd
    @Greedonerd
    @DICE_FireWall please bring back Greedo Nein nunb and Dengar. Also playable Ewoks Dewbacks would be something good to add ;)

My response: Apparently they listened to the fan and are giving us Greedo and Nien Nunb. I would love to have Dengar back as well, he’d be a good counter to Leia’s rapid shot.
    LOTR2013 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does the number of skins they are releasing seem a bit...small? Two to three a month? As their only way of income I'd have thought it'd be at least ten a month. Maybe they take a long time to make, but there are literally hundreds of skins that could be added. More skins equals more money.

Four Heroes:

Enfys Nest

—————————————

Plus 4 legendary skins

1 map

I really can't see four heroes in The Han Solo season. In fact I don't think any will come. Remember, they said that not all seasons will have heroes. I reckon two of the Legendary skins will be for young Han and young Lando.

Hey lol :D don’t bite the messenger I’m just saying what BattlefrontUpdates said they heard, lol. :D

Yeah....that’s a redite source which I believe is where BattlefrontUpdates got there information from as well. But theirs actually stands to creditable facts because DICE did indeed confirm in a Tweet they are down to only 100 people now working on the game. But you could also be correct....perhaps we will indeed get tiny tweaked game modes of the maps as well as the big Offline mode with vehicles (they’ve indeed have been working on), plus the Solo 4 heroes and the Clone Wars season in August. Plus Extraction mode too.

The guy was right....at-least so far any way:
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

We’re back for another Community Transmission and this time we’re here to talk Season Two.

It’s been a busy few weeks at DICE HQ and it only feels like yesterday that we were rolling out the Progression Update. With the release of the Night on Endor update we’ve now found ourselves in our regular cadence of content releases.

In the very first Community Transmission we talked a little bit about our methodology behind updates, and how some would be similar to Night on Endor and others would be classed as Seasons. As part of our ongoing commitment to opening our lines of communication, today we’re going to talk a little bit about Season Two.

Did we mention it's coming out next week, on May 16?

The Han Solo Season

48ysozuv3xwe.jpg

As the season progresses you’ll find yourself completing challenges and seasonal quests, inspired by Han Solo’s closest friendships and against some of his greatest rivals.

The Han Solo Season will be spread across two months, and we’ve got a lot of content to cover, so let’s dive in.

Coming in May

Hero Showdown
    Alongside The Han Solo Season will be the release of a brand new game mode. Hero Showdown is similar to the much-loved Heroes vs Villains Game Mode, but with a brand-new rule set.

In this 2v2 game mode, players will begin the match by picking their Heroes. Should you be defeated you must put all your hope into your teammate and wait until the round is over.

If your team is successful and wins the round, you are unable to use the Heroes that you previously used. However, if your team loses the round you're free to pick any available Hero, including the ones you've just used.

It's a best out of five situation, so the first to win three rounds will claim victory. Think carefully about your pick, strategy is everything in this mode.

Starfighter Custom Arcade
    Starfighter Custom Arcade is where you’ll be able to become acquainted with all the Starfighters in the game. Take on AI and learn skills that will serve you well when you venture into Starfighter Assault and take on some of the best pilots in the galaxy.

We know that this is something a lot of our community have been requesting so we’re incredibly excited to confirm that it’ll be available as soon as Season Two starts on May 16.

Jabba’s Palace
    Located in the Dune Sea on Tatooine, this sandblasted metal and stone structure strikes fear into anyone that finds themselves on the wrong side of Jabba the Hutt.

Jabba’s Palace will be arriving in Star Wars Battlefront II and will be available in both Heroes vs Villains, Blast, and Arcade.

2i9j7eftshjp.jpg

Appearances
    Fans of Lando will be pleased to hear he’s going to be receiving an Epic, based around his Appearance within Jabba’s Palace.

It’s also time that we welcome the very first Legendary Appearance into Star Wars Battlefront II, and it’s one we’ve seen mentioned quite a bit. The Legendary Appearance will go to Leia and will come in the form of her iconic Boushh outfit from Star Wars™: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi™.

As this is a Legendary Appearance, it’s not just her look that’s changed, while dressed in her Boushh appearance Leia will use a speech scrambler to speak Ubese.

We’ve got more Appearances planned, so spend your time wisely and make sure you’re doing your Daily Challenges to save up your credits. June is going to be quite…Legendary.

v0ptt45vedbo.jpg

nn99tvt23pfj.jpg

Menu Updates
    With the launch of The Han Solo Season, we're making some quality of life changes to the front menu of the game. What this means, is that when you load up Star Wars Battlefront II, you'll be able to get into your favourite game modes a lot quicker.

The first big change you'll notice is when you enter the Multiplayer menu, which is now broken up into three main categories; Assault, Heroes and Villains, and Operations. Hero and Villains is where you'll find the core Heroes vs Villains game modes. Assault Modes, as you've probably guessed, is where you'll find the likes of Starfighter and Galactic Assault, alongside Strike. Operations is where you'll find Ewok Hunt, Blast, and it will also be the place to go for our limited-time game modes in the future.

Main Menu
    In the previous Community Transmission we talked about how we were going to be replacing the holographic effect you see within the menus with something else. The first part of its release will go live on May 16 and we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback on it.

We do have plans to take the initial release further, and all going to plan this should arrive in June with the second part of The Han Solo Season.

Spend Skill Points Pre-Round
    Since the new Progression System launched, one of the key bits of feedback we’ve seen has talked about the ability to spend your Skill Points in between rounds. We’re pleased to confirm that this functionality will be launching once Season Two is released.

New Milestones
    Alongside the release of the new Progression System came the arrival of a minor change that placed pop-ups within the game upon completion of a Milestone. This was met with a significant amount of positivity but If there was one thing we heard, it was that for some of you reading this, you had already completed a lot of your milestones.

We are adding Score Milestones for each Trooper, Hero and Specials. Troopers will receive three tiers, while Heroes and Specials will have two new tiers.

Community Spotlight
    The spotlight this time around falls onto a number of our Reddit communities.

First up we have /r/StarWarsBattlefront, with almost 150k subscribers this is one of the largest Star Wars based communities online. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Weekly Friend Finder thread and if you're a fan of memes, Sith Post Saturday.

If you're looking for a place on Reddit dedicated to gameplay discussion around Star Wars Battlefront II, then /r/BattlefrontTwo is the place for you. This is a great community that prides themselves on high quality discussion.

Have you ever taken a screenshot and wanted to share it with the wider community? If you answered yes, then /r/BattlefrontCaptures should be your go to destination. This community is full of some of the best screenshots you'll find. The perfect place to head to for when you need a new desktop wallpaper.

Punch It…
    That’s all we’ve got for this Transmission, we’ll be back again in the not so distant future with all the information surrounding The Han Solo Season content that will be released in June, including details of a brand new world.

Sooooooo he was right about so many things.
    Some of you need to stop blindly defending this lack of content. Even Starwars HQ has expressed the disappointment with this latest announcement and they have to be one of the most positive outside channels for this game. That being said, I think both sides have valid points b/c the arcade mode star fighter is an awesome announcement even if it's a few months late. But I did find the following link:(https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8i9xy8/the_current_state_of_the_game/)
    somewhat enlightening even if it SHOULD be taken with a grain of salt. It makes a lot of sense and supports the folks telling people to be happy with the minimal stuff b/c the DLC is free.

The following BattlefrontUpdates post on Youtube said that that Reddit thread you listed above was inaccurate. It was directly denied by DICE on Twitter there is NO plans for a slave Leia outfit.

“There is always hope.”
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    GodKC wrote: »
    This whole thing is ripping the community apart.

We're all united in the sense that nobody here wants to see this game fail. We all what it to be the best it can be.

I'm generalizing here, like a lot, but it seems to me that there are 2 main schools of thought on the matter. One believes that we should be patient and trust that we will be taken care of. The other believes that it's necessary to be vocal in stating what they feel needs to be done for the game to reach its full potential as a complete product experience.

The latter camp has the precedent of the MTX loot box launch situation, and feels that unless they are assertive about what they want, then they're going to get stuck with the bare minimum, due to the game not making the colossal profits they were anticipating from selling lootboxes.

It's entirely possible that nothing we say will truly influence the future of the game (besides bugfixes etc), and if that's the case, at least folks tried.

The best thing for everyone would be to see a robust content release, across all game modes, with a roadmap for what to expect in the future. In addition to the many necessary fixes and tweaks (of which the hologram is a welcome one, for me).
    Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• mandalorj
    216 posts Member
    This game is on thin ice from the sounds of things. EA is not at all convinced apparently. I just don't see how you make money releasing 2-3 skins as opposed to a dozen. Why try to stretch content if you need EA to see the game as profitable right now so you can get funding and manpower back? Oh well, everyone enjoy a shot from pc.

37q43ayw2xo5.png
  • Although any new content is nice, I'm really disappointed about the size of this "season".
    The game seriously needs some new maps on Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault. I've been playing the same maps for 6 months now...
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    I’ve gotta say, I hate you EA. But I feel so wrong about my complaining towards Dice. They really wanted to make a great Star Wars game and EA ruined it. Notice how in the “look ahead” video they kept saying “we here at Dice”, Dice, dice! Not EA, Dice! Aka Dice: we care about this EA: we wanna have money, go make something while restricted in our money boundaries. Dice, I have to say I respect you more and more I think about this.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • BradCafe
    162 posts Member
    I really don’t understand all this Hate...I really enjoy this Game. People hate for people to See Hope in Something they don’t. It’s a Shame I am Estactic for this new Content.

Keep up the Good Work Ben Walke.

I think a lot of this hate is coming from people who completely missed the fact that we're getting more content next month as well.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!