criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Fixing Smooth Game Play] Tell us if anything worked for you

Platform: PS4 Pro, Ping 32 ms.

Change: Deleted data and deleted game, powered down, unplugged, reinstalled game. Power down again.
Result: Game reticle glides smoother, had to turn down sensitivity a little to accomodate improvement.

Rubber banding and server lag ( you shoot but they don't get hit) still there. But now my half of the issue seems better. I swear it gets worse as the processor gets hotter. But I have no real evidence. I wonder if this game is pushing the processor too hard in some way.

Previous Changes: Port Forwarding, Messed with TV settings for optimal game latency, etc.

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Have you tried switching your region?
    Psn: Jello770
  • Oregon Server at 32 ms ping is by far my best region. I live in Portland. I am likely closer to a server over 95% of other players. Next closest ping is like 100 ms. It's not my connection. I've studies this intensely because I love this game but it is really frustrating. I watch streamers and they often have connection issue signal (which I rarely ever see if at all) and they have smoother play than I do. I have a brand new PS4 Pro, hard line, upgraded modem. Port Forwarded.

This game is just not there yet.
  • Jello770 wrote: »

That accualy works. I have 22ms to the german server and it's laggy af. If I play on us virginia 102ms it's butter smooth.

Makes no sence at all..
  • Platform: PS4 Pro, Ping 32 ms.

Change: Deleted data and deleted game, powered down, unplugged, reinstalled game. Power down again.
    Result: Game reticle glides smoother, had to turn down sensitivity a little to accomodate improvement.

Rubber banding and server lag ( you shoot but they don't get hit) still there. But now my half of the issue seems better. I swear it gets worse as the processor gets hotter. But I have no real evidence. I wonder if this game is pushing the processor too hard in some way.

Previous Changes: Port Forwarding, Messed with TV settings for optimal game latency, etc.

I have a ps4 pro and I definetly can say that the console builds to much heat during longer sessions. When the console is cool it runs perfect but after a about 1.5-2 hours the lagg begins, the graphics looks worse due to more more checkerboard stuff happening.

If I turn it of and let it cool down game runs great again.
  • Rook008
    835 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »

That accualy works. I have 22ms to the german server and it's laggy af. If I play on us virginia 102ms it's butter smooth.

Makes no sence at all..

The ping measurement is accurate at the time it's run but isn't an indicator of overall connection stability. If the path the data takes to the German server sees ping fluctuations over time or packet loss, it'll play worse than a path that has a higher ping but is more stable.
    In other words, try other servers, they might play better even though their ping is higher.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • Rook008, I'll give it a shot. I won't claim to be deeply in the know on server side stuff. So, I'll report back if that makes a difference.

Crocket - Lol. Do we need liquid cooling to make this thing run okay? Should we pimp our rides? PS4 Pro with LED lit hot pink liquid cooler? Plexiglass cube cover? PC players with strong rigs by far run this thing the cleanest.
  • Rook008, I'll give it a shot. I won't claim to be deeply in the know on server side stuff. So, I'll report back if that makes a difference.

Crocket - Lol. Do we need liquid cooling to make this thing run okay? Should we pimp our rides? PS4 Pro with LED lit hot pink liquid cooler? Plexiglass cube cover? PC players with strong rigs by far run this thing the cleanest.

Haha yeah! Let's spend $400 more to make it run accordingly lmao.

Yup i think this game and BF1 are pushing the limits of the console. It's going to be interesting to see how the next generation of games will run..
  • YES. Changing to different region, with worse listed ping WORKED. Head slap. I am in Oregon, but moving away from that server to OHIO did it. I get constant slow internet warnings during loading, but then the game runs better!! On Oregon server, I get zero warnings, but it runs like crap. *Head slap*

Previously, Port forwarded, new comcast router (needed upgrade anyway), ran new ethernet cable through my attic, etc.

Last night, I was the top 1 or 2 player in 9 out of 10 rounds playing not officer. Even without heroes. Yeah, apparently, when the lag is gone, I'm kinda good. The lag trained me very well. Sweet Jedediah! In fact, it felt almost too easy because people would take my HS and actually die with me still alive?!?!?!

Things that really stood out:

1. I can shoot people really far away now. Before, wouldn't hit them. Yay.
    2. I don't insta die when people hit me once (but likely many times I didn't see due to lag)
    3. I CAN DODGE SUCCESSFULLY, and often. Before it really didn't matter at all.
    4. When in AT-ST, I get like 7k in points of kills, versus before, I wouldn't hit anything, it was the lag!!!! Vehicles are hilariously fun now, and point farms, wow.

A whole new world, a dazzling place I never knew.... but when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear, now I'm in a whole new world... (My little Disney nod, and you know you know the words also if you grew up during that time.)

Wow. Wow. Wow. Still occasional glitches or rubber banding, but very rare.
  • KrocketOnBoost
    483 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    YES. Changing to different region, with worse listed ping WORKED. Head slap. I am in Oregon, but moving away from that server to OHIO did it. I get constant slow internet warnings during loading, but then the game runs better!! On Oregon server, I get zero warnings, but it runs like ****. *Head slap*

Previously, Port forwarded, new comcast router (needed upgrade anyway), ran new ethernet cable through my attic, etc.

Last night, I was the top 1 or 2 player in 9 out of 10 rounds playing not officer. Even without heroes. Yeah, apparently, when the lag is gone, I'm kinda good. The lag trained me very well. Sweet Jedediah! In fact, it felt almost too easy because people would take my HS and actually die with me still alive?!?!?!

Things that really stood out:

1. I can shoot people really far away now. Before, wouldn't hit them. Yay.
    2. I don't insta die when people hit me once (but likely many times I didn't see due to lag)
    3. I CAN DODGE SUCCESSFULLY, and often. Before it really didn't matter at all.
    4. When in AT-ST, I get like 7k in points of kills, versus before, I wouldn't hit anything, it was the lag!!!! Vehicles are hilariously fun now, and point farms, wow.

A whole new world, a dazzling place I never knew.... but when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear, now I'm in a whole new world... (My little Disney nod, and you know you know the words also if you grew up during that time.)

Wow. Wow. Wow. Still occasional glitches or rubber banding, but very rare.

I'm happy it worked out for u dude. It makes no sence at all but it sure works. BF1 had the same problem in the beginning but they fixed it after a couple of patches.

I have exactly the same issues as u are describing so it's definetly not on your part and i live in Sweden.

It's really hillarious that u get punished for playing on a local server and get smooth gameplay on a server over seas lol. DICE logic i guess?

• jonci
    855 posts Member
    Can i ask posters to let us know the following, so people can try different servers from what ever region.

Where you are globally/regionally located?
    Which servers work better when switching for you?

I know it isn't much effort to switch to different ones t try, but if it's already indicated which is best from where, then makes life a lot easier for people to change, and allows more gaming.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Can i ask posters to let us know the following, so people can try different servers from what ever region.

Where you are globally/regionally located?
    Which servers work better when switching for you?

I know it isn't much effort to switch to different ones t try, but if it's already indicated which is best from where, then makes life a lot easier for people to change, and allows more gaming.

I would try it out to see what server works best for u. We all have different connections, ping etc so try it out.

My game runs best at around 100 ping.

When i play battlefield i have around 20 and it's butter smooth.
  • Update: My local server is playing much better in the last week. I'm curious to see if the upcoming patch does even more. Though, this could be a gamer volume thing, I think a lot of people are slowing play until they see the Season 2 release.
  • jonci
    855 posts Member
    lets wait n see what the new patch does.